August 30, 2014 | 1229 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2004 11:17:00 AM More reviews by gristerz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this cleanser by accident when I meant to purchase the Skin Clarifying Cleanser. Initially, I thought that maybe it wouldn't be so bad after all since the product contained salycic acid used to treat blemishes. HOWEVER, after using this just twice, my skin got worse! I have combo skin, but the foaming cleanser made my face oiler and breakouts easier. I still have the bottle in its almost-brand spanking new condition and it'll just be sitting in my medicine cabinet...

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2004 10:30:00 AM More reviews by JDMom

As other reviewers have noted, this cleanser is very drying. I have normal to combo oily/normal skin and this was just way too drying for use every day. Might be good if you have super oily skin, but not for normal to combo skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2004 11:40:00 AM More reviews by its_Just_me

this is a great gentle cleanser that can be used daily. i think it's probably best for clear skin. leaves skin feeling fresh and clean.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2004 10:55:00 AM More reviews by Carrie4970

The foaming cleanser did feel nice on my face. It does not dry out the skin nor make it feel oily. It does not burn the eyes and removes all makeup. However I did not see any clearing of my skin as it states.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2004 7:35:00 AM More reviews by Pnut1

I was using a Dermatologist prescribed acne wash and other topical treatments and had a reaction to something so I ceased using this and decided to try this by Aveeno in the interim. IT WORKED WONDERS... my skin feels clean, soft, and looks better than it did before. I did not excpect this at all! For a small price, I got great results compared to what I was spending with my derm cleanser alone.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2004 11:13:00 AM More reviews by abbicat71

For some reason this cleanser really works for me. I recently tried a new moisturizer & it broke me out terribly. I immediately went out & purchased this cleanser along with the matching toner & in a matter of days my face was completely clear. I've used this in the past & have always had really good luck with it, but being the sucker that I am I always try to find something better in the high end range - AND I DON'T! Live & learn & spend tons of unnecessary money, hee! This stuff is great & I recommend it to adults who have minor breakouts or just want to prevent any future nastys.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2004 9:59:00 PM More reviews by CLYNN

I really didn't like this cleanser. It didn't seem to cleanse to good, it also dries my skin out. The bottle claims that it is non-irritating, but I found out it was. I would maybe use it during the summer, but during the winter my skin it to dry for this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2004 12:25:00 AM More reviews by cjenn

Not a bad product, but did nothing for me either. It is supposed to contain soy, which it does, that acts as a skin lightening agent. I have some melasma/hyper pigmentation that it did absolutely nothing for. I didn't have any breakouts nor redness with this, but only think it is an average cleanser, nothing special.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2004 9:38:00 AM More reviews by SOTR15

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am 42 year old who has had acne since late 20's and used EVERYTHING under the sun, over the counter and prescription. I had been using Oil of Olay and decided to switch to Aveen Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser. I began to wash my face with it on a Sunday and used 2 times a day. It seemed good at first, face felt clean. I always use moisterizer and have been using Aveeno for that for months now. By the 4th day of washing with the Foaming Cleanser, my face had broken out with HUGE welts and pimples - 2 giant ones right on the end of my nose, a bunch on my right cheek, 4 on my neck, 5 on my jawline, 1 inside my right ear, 3 behind my left ear, even some in my hair line. I can't recall EVER breaking out this bad in my entire life!!
It was very difficult to go to work today with my face all a mess like this!
I would say that if you want to try this product, try it on another area of skin first to see what happens. If your skin is very sensitive I would not take the chance on Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser. I have used other Aveeno products without any problems - in fact years ago Aveena bar soap was the choice for facial cleansing.
I guess this is just too harsh for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2004 7:44:00 PM More reviews by shinhuey

It's a bit drying to me even in Summer. I have combination skin. Using it when I face is extremly greasy would be ok.