April 17, 2014 | 1757 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2004 9:59:00 PM More reviews by CLYNN

I really didn't like this cleanser. It didn't seem to cleanse to good, it also dries my skin out. The bottle claims that it is non-irritating, but I found out it was. I would maybe use it during the summer, but during the winter my skin it to dry for this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2004 12:25:00 AM More reviews by cjenn

Not a bad product, but did nothing for me either. It is supposed to contain soy, which it does, that acts as a skin lightening agent. I have some melasma/hyper pigmentation that it did absolutely nothing for. I didn't have any breakouts nor redness with this, but only think it is an average cleanser, nothing special.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2004 9:38:00 AM More reviews by SOTR15

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am 42 year old who has had acne since late 20's and used EVERYTHING under the sun, over the counter and prescription. I had been using Oil of Olay and decided to switch to Aveen Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser. I began to wash my face with it on a Sunday and used 2 times a day. It seemed good at first, face felt clean. I always use moisterizer and have been using Aveeno for that for months now. By the 4th day of washing with the Foaming Cleanser, my face had broken out with HUGE welts and pimples - 2 giant ones right on the end of my nose, a bunch on my right cheek, 4 on my neck, 5 on my jawline, 1 inside my right ear, 3 behind my left ear, even some in my hair line. I can't recall EVER breaking out this bad in my entire life!!
It was very difficult to go to work today with my face all a mess like this!
I would say that if you want to try this product, try it on another area of skin first to see what happens. If your skin is very sensitive I would not take the chance on Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser. I have used other Aveeno products without any problems - in fact years ago Aveena bar soap was the choice for facial cleansing.
I guess this is just too harsh for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2004 7:44:00 PM More reviews by shinhuey

It's a bit drying to me even in Summer. I have combination skin. Using it when I face is extremly greasy would be ok.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2004 11:01:00 AM More reviews by deweydrop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's a decent foaming cleanser. Really haven't notice a decrease in my breakouts (which really only happen once a month.) however it does help keep my oily face under control and it has a nice scent. Might repurchase again...still looking for the HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2003 12:06:00 PM More reviews by ritzvin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the most gentle foaming cleansers I have ever used. It seemed to have ever so tiny particles that slightly exfoliated my skin, which I really liked about this product. It left my skin clean but not dry.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2003 10:58:00 PM More reviews by curiouslilannie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like the scent of this, but it seems a little too drying for me, like most clearing gel cleansers. But it makes my face feel clean albeit a bit dry, although not stripped entirely like harsher cleansers do. Might be better for someone with oily or normal heartier skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2003 2:21:00 AM More reviews by christallef

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a nice foaming cleanser for my acne prone/oily skin. It cleans nicely without drying. I don't think it helps reduce acne but it doesn't irritate and leaves my skin fresh and soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2003 6:56:00 PM More reviews by jrhoffman

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff may be slightly to drying for winter use, which is a total bummer since my skin has been loving it. I use it along with the this line's lotion. Although, I also use the Body Shops's Tea Tree moisture gel a couple times a week for its antibacterial effect. This pump sticks and that is why it doesn't get all 5 lippies.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2003 10:18:00 AM More reviews by beetlegrrrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This cleanser has worked really well on my skin. It hasn't caused that dry, tight feeling and I haven't any breakouts since using this. Iv'e repurchased this twice and will probably will continue to do so.