November 23, 2014 | 1223 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2004 5:50:00 PM More reviews by laureg

i personally have never used this product- and never will after what it did to my sister's face. she developed a rash which scabbed on her t-zone. it was awful, and she doesn't even have sensitive skin. maybe it was the salycilic acid. whatever it was, it was just ugly. if you even think you might react to this one, don't try it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2004 10:17:00 AM More reviews by ttiger

I had experienced a chin breakout which I never get(I suspect evening primrose oil supplements). I have used this cleanser for a week(only at night) and the chin breakout has cleared, however, I have the scars as a reminder. I have never been able to tolerate a BHA but 0.5% works for me!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2004 8:13:00 PM More reviews by adozenblueroses

*update* Didn't like this cleanser, too harsh on my face, really dried it out. Wouldn't repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2004 11:17:00 AM More reviews by gristerz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this cleanser by accident when I meant to purchase the Skin Clarifying Cleanser. Initially, I thought that maybe it wouldn't be so bad after all since the product contained salycic acid used to treat blemishes. HOWEVER, after using this just twice, my skin got worse! I have combo skin, but the foaming cleanser made my face oiler and breakouts easier. I still have the bottle in its almost-brand spanking new condition and it'll just be sitting in my medicine cabinet...

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2004 10:30:00 AM More reviews by JDMom

As other reviewers have noted, this cleanser is very drying. I have normal to combo oily/normal skin and this was just way too drying for use every day. Might be good if you have super oily skin, but not for normal to combo skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2004 11:40:00 AM More reviews by its_Just_me

this is a great gentle cleanser that can be used daily. i think it's probably best for clear skin. leaves skin feeling fresh and clean.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2004 10:55:00 AM More reviews by Carrie4970

The foaming cleanser did feel nice on my face. It does not dry out the skin nor make it feel oily. It does not burn the eyes and removes all makeup. However I did not see any clearing of my skin as it states.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2004 7:35:00 AM More reviews by Pnut1

I was using a Dermatologist prescribed acne wash and other topical treatments and had a reaction to something so I ceased using this and decided to try this by Aveeno in the interim. IT WORKED WONDERS... my skin feels clean, soft, and looks better than it did before. I did not excpect this at all! For a small price, I got great results compared to what I was spending with my derm cleanser alone.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2004 11:13:00 AM More reviews by abbicat71

For some reason this cleanser really works for me. I recently tried a new moisturizer & it broke me out terribly. I immediately went out & purchased this cleanser along with the matching toner & in a matter of days my face was completely clear. I've used this in the past & have always had really good luck with it, but being the sucker that I am I always try to find something better in the high end range - AND I DON'T! Live & learn & spend tons of unnecessary money, hee! This stuff is great & I recommend it to adults who have minor breakouts or just want to prevent any future nastys.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2004 9:59:00 PM More reviews by CLYNN

I really didn't like this cleanser. It didn't seem to cleanse to good, it also dries my skin out. The bottle claims that it is non-irritating, but I found out it was. I would maybe use it during the summer, but during the winter my skin it to dry for this.