September 19, 2014 | 1733 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Olay - Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2011 7:46:00 AM More reviews by nikkohli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have never had a clarisonic so I can't compare but if the Clarisonic is much stronger than this, it probably would be too harsh for me anyway.
It has 2 speeds--the lower speed is perfect for removing hard to clean makeup and the higher speed works best on me to buff away flakies and dry patches. I am on Retin-A so my skin is more sensitive than ever right now but I never have a breakout or irritated skin when I use this.
I have used this with my Olay cleanser and also a Clean and Clear exfoliator. The brush rinses clean easily with water and so far the bristles haven't stained. This is a perfect size for travel and because the heads last 3 months, I think it is pretty cost-efficient. My only complaint is the battery case is RIDICULOUS to open. I wrestled with it for about 7 minutes before I finally took it to my husband and it took him another 5 to figure it out. Installing batteries should not require two people!!

Other than that, the price is right and the product works. I think this would be great for a teen just starting to get into skincare and for anyone else who has sensitive skin but loves the "brushed clean" feeling.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2011 2:25:00 PM More reviews by loveisblind

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I have been using this product for about 2 weeks now. I cannot compare this to the clarisonic b/c I have never used the clarisonic. I do definitely think that there is a difference between these two based on other reviews. The olay brush head spins while the clarisonic brush head oscillates. I have very sensitive skin so the Olay brush works well for me. I also do not wear foundation. The only makeup that is applied to my face area is concealer and I find that this device works well at removing that along with the sunscreen that I use sometimes. For people who wear a lot of make up and require more cleaning action, then the Clarisonic or the Clarisonic Mia would probably be better for you.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2011 4:16:00 AM More reviews by MYCATSHADOW

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't understand the wonderful, rave reviews for this product. I had been seriously coveting the Clarisonic Mia for quite some time. Meanwhile, I had been usuing manual (non battery) regular complexion brushes that were priced @ around $2.00 give or take... I happened to have been quite pleased with the manual Face Secrets brush from Sally's that I was using @ the time. I believe that I was paying $1.79 per brush because I have the Sally Club membership. I would replace the brush once a month. However... I felt that the new Face Secrets brushes happened to have been too soft as compared to the ones that had been produced in the past. I don't know why, but the last Face Secrets brush that I tried was way too soft for my liking. I LOVE a good rigorous cleansing.... So I went ahead & did some research on the Olay Pro X. The reviews were wonderful EVERYWHERE. Everyone claimed this device to be a Clarisonic dupe... They couldn't be more wrong!!
I felt as though I threw $29.99 out the window with this machine. I went back to my Face Secrets brush from Sally's once again but was still disappointed. I was finally able to get the real deal Clarisonic Mia from Sephora that I had been coveting for THE LONGEST TIME!!

Let me tell you... The 2 are night & day!! This little Olay Pro x is a SORRY EXCUSE for a brush cleanser!! Let me list the ways...

1.) It feels light & flimsy.
2.) It's only water resistant. Not waterproof.
3.) The brush head is totally WEAK!! (My skin didn't feel clean...)
4.) The brush head teter- todders when revolving, making it feel like it is ready to fall off.
5.) Very weak power. I get a much more thorough facial cleansing from using my hands with pressure!!!..(I seriously do! Not a joke..)

ONE PRO FOR THIS BRUSH: It's great to brush my cats with it. THE CATS LOVE IT! @ least I was able to find 1 good use for this sorry brush!

My verdict: Please don't waste your money on this little gizmo. Either try to find an inexpensive firm & high quality manual complexion brush, or save up to buy yourself an actual Clarisonic. Trust me, the Clarisonic is definitely worth the investment. I completely regret throwing away $29.99 to the wind! The Olay Pro X is a complete waste of money, in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2011 12:45:00 PM More reviews by fatbottomgirl76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this last night and have used it twice. It made my skin so soft. I use Dermalogica Skin Clearing Cleanser and it makes my face feel so clean. I see no need to spend way more money on a Clairisonic when this works so well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2011 3:01:00 AM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

I've been using it for about two weeks now, and honestly can't imagine washing my face without it. I've used it with all my cleansers and my booth's microdermabrasion scrub a couple times on the low setting--WOW. Some scars I had from a recent bout of shingles are fading, and stubborn clogged pores on my nose and chin are clearing up.

At this price, I think if I forgot it on vacation or something I'd just go ahead and buy a backup...it's seriously that crucial to my skincare regimen. If you see it, do not hesitate to buy it, because it will work with your existing cleanser, comes with batteries, and the replacement heads are only $8-9 (should last about 3 months, according to the package.) LOVEEEE.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2011 2:22:00 PM More reviews by mayebear87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have never owned the Clarisonic, but have always wanted too. I just couldn't bring myself to spend $200 on it. I have owned the iskin (I think that's what it was called, from Sally Beauty Supply). I liked it, but it just vibrated, so I ended up tossing it after a few months. Once I heard that this was coming out, I was so excited! I finally got my hands on one a couple weeks ago at Walgreens, they were doing a special where you can get a full size professional $20 cleanser for free with it. That was a great deal to me! While, I don't really like the little cleanser that came with the brush, or the full size free one, I really love the brush! At first, it didn't seem like it was doing much, but I stuck with it, and now I just love the way it makes my skin look and feel! It's so much more smooth, my pores are smaller, my moisturizer sinks in better, and my makeup goes on better. Although I love this, I seriously would not spend $200 on something that does the same exact thing as this...the results aren't worth that much.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2011 2:09:00 PM More reviews by Mees

I've been hunting for this product ever since P&G released news on this new product!! Sadly it took a couple of months after the U.S. release for Canadians to get this product and I must say.. I'm so happy I finally got my hands on it. It's been weeks of using this product that I realize how well it was! I have acne prone skin with dry flakes (yes i know.. BOO acne medication!) and this product exfoliated away all my dead skin cells, making my skin smooth and clean to the touch. My acne scarring and acne itself has diminished dramatically. This gets rid of all the excess oil from the long stressful days I have, and all the bacteria from being around so many people at school. Before using this I tested out the Sephora cleansing brush (not the clarisonic but the cheap handheld plastic one) and although it did exfoliate to a certain extent.. the brushes were too long, flimsy, and scratchy compared to this cleansing system! Because my local drugstore was having all these good deals I was able to snag this product for only 17.99!! (10$ off $50 purchase+additional 15% - i just bought groceries and other necessities to make it 50) so i find it a real steal. my skin has been feeling more healthy and clean.. if you wear foundation this is a great system for cleaning your makeup off! musttt have if you have dry/oily skin! I use my own cleanser/exfoliatiator scrub for this system and it makes my cleanser work right into my skin like it should but 10x more effective. One of my greatest purchases yet for my face routine :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2011 1:57:00 PM More reviews by LydiaKrow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been hearing such good things about the Clairsonic Mia, but I just can't afford it. I remember my mom using a spinning-head cleaning tool and she always had lovely skin, so when I heard about the Olay Pro-x cleaner, I really wanted to try that out and see if it made a difference for my skin, and WOW -- I noticed a difference the very first day I used it!

I am fair skinned, and have large pores around my nose and between my eyes -- they tend to get dirty and look even larger. I don't go for facials as often as I used to (again, $$) and I miss that totally cleansed look I would have when I left... that is what the Olay tool gives me!

After I wash my face, my pores are all cleaned out and look much smaller (I know they are not, but without dirt they are less defined so they look smaller!). My skin is very smooth and seems to absorb moisturizer better/faster, too.

It took me about a week to get used to using it and find the pattern and amount of cleanser to use, etc. (I only use it once a day, at night.) At first I was scrubbing it around on my face too harshly, not letting the tool do the work for me. My skin dried out a bit as a result, and felt a bit stingy even after moisturizer. Now, I have settled into just moving it over my skin ONCE (not back and forth) and not pressing down on the brush head, just letting the bristles do the work -- that has made a big difference.

I think at first I got too excited about the deep cleaning it was doing, and wanted to help along the scrubbing action! :)

I haven't used the exfoliator sample that came with the tool -- just my own cleanser, so can't comment on that part. However, I am very pleased with the cleaning tool, and I like that the brush head is replaceable for about $4-$5. At night I spin the extra water off, blot it on the same washcloth I used to pat my face dry, and store it in a glass and it dries out pretty quickly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2011 8:56:00 PM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The Olay Pro X cleansing system is a good. It's not amazing but it's pretty good. I have very dry, sensitive skin and I found the cleanser that came in the set to be too harsh for my skin. It dried me out. I haven't used any other cleansing tools like Clarisonic or Derma Nu so I can't compare the Olay to the expensive brands. What I really like about this system is the brush. I have had great success using it with my Philosophy purity made simple cleanser. I always washed my face with my hands and that was it. After using this device, I see how much makeup is left on my skin. This gets my skin very clean and soft. I put on moisturizer right after I use this and I'm happy with the results.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2011 1:26:00 PM More reviews by kellirae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love it!! Had been wanting this for awhile. I have sensitive skin and was skeptical about buying this. Thought it may be too harsh for my face. I decided to give it a try. Bought it from Walgreens when they had a special going where you got a free full sized cleanser with it valued at twenty dollars. I figured if I didnt like it I could return it.. Well ladies let me tell you. I am madly in love with it and it is the best beauty purchase I have made in quite awhile I was worried about trying it with the exfoliating cleanser it came with because my skin is soo sensitive. I decided to try it and had amazing results! It made my skin smooth and soft and was not harsh at all. As soon as I ran out of the sample tube of cleanser I went and got the full sized one. I use this brush twice a day. In the mornings I use it with the creamy cleanser and evenings the exfoliating cleanser. I have had no problems with drying or over exfoliating. I actually look forward to using this everyday! I use it in the shower in the mornings and the bath at night. Its great it is water resistant and can be used in the shower. I have always hated washing my face at the sink. Have to put my hair back, water drips all over the place. Im sure you ladies have had the same thing happen to you. I highly reccomend you get this. It is a safe , gentle way to get your skin smooth and radiant!