October 25, 2014 | 945 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Olay - Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2011 12:43:00 AM More reviews by fancypants7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is now one of my go to products. After one use my skin was softer and glowing....after a week my pores were noticeably smaller. I've used the microfiber clothes and various other devices and they don't compare to me; this is a bargain for the $30 price tag. One word of caution though, when they say your products will become more effective, them mean it. I had to cut back use because this product made me more sensitive to my Retin-a. I can't use it everyday but it still is great for a deep cleaning every couple of days. I'm sure this wouldn't be a problem for someone who isn't on Retin-a or AHA/BHA's.

UPDATE: after using this I eneded up buying a clarisonic and honestly, I think this product does just as good of a job and it's easier to clean around my nose. for the price difference buying this product is a no brainer.....clarisonic is going back.

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2011 12:13:00 AM More reviews by britneenick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

As a makeup artist myself, I have used the Clairsonic several times but was never driven to purchase one for myself. When I saw this tool come out, I was intrigued by the $30 price and after getting a $10 coupon for Rite Aid, I went out and purchased it. I decided to try the old "half face" trick. I used the Pro x tool on one half of my face only and cleansed the other side like normal. I could immediately see and feel the difference, with the Pro X side feeling soft and looking glowing. After putting on my Advanced Night Repair serum and Re-Nutriv moisterizer, I was shocked at how well the moisterizer just sunk into the Pro X side, while it kind of sat on top of my skin like normal on the other side, taking longer to really sink in. I am definitly a believer and am suggesting this to all of my clients and friends. Also, I feel the need to add that if you own this, make sure you are using it correctly (for the full 60 seconds, with a damp face and evenly distributed cleanser) to get the full benefit, because I honestly can't see how this would feel like simply a "step above a washcloth" unless it is not being used correctly.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2011 9:37:00 PM More reviews by summrgirl720

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

*UPDATE 11/2/11: finally bought a Clarisonic on the Sephora FF sale... let me tell you, THESE TWO DO NOT COMPARE. Mia is amazing! save your money and wait to splurge on it. from the first use, i can tell a huge difference in results and quality.* Bought after decent reviews on here and because i just didn't have the balls to blow $200 on the clarisonic... but i returned after 3 days to CVS. Another reviewer wrote that this is 1 step above a washcloth and i couldn't agree more. I almost just kept this for the novelty of it, but realized for $30, i could get 2 eyeshadows at MAC and really enjoy them lol. I'll be going back to my apricot scrub and/or a washcloth. Works just as well - if not better. Sorry, Olay :(

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2011 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Steph112085

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this product. I have wanted a Clarisonic, but of course, I didn't want to spend $200 on it. I read a ton of reviews, especially by the users that have used both, and searched for 2 weeks before I found my Pro-x. I love, love, love it! My skin is so soft and the products I use adsorb so easily into my skin. I have used two different cleansers with it, and I really like the one that comes with it, but not sure if I'd buy it at $20. I highly encourage everyone to buy this product. Works great at getting rid of nasty underground zits.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2011 7:46:00 AM More reviews by nikkohli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have never had a clarisonic so I can't compare but if the Clarisonic is much stronger than this, it probably would be too harsh for me anyway.
It has 2 speeds--the lower speed is perfect for removing hard to clean makeup and the higher speed works best on me to buff away flakies and dry patches. I am on Retin-A so my skin is more sensitive than ever right now but I never have a breakout or irritated skin when I use this.
I have used this with my Olay cleanser and also a Clean and Clear exfoliator. The brush rinses clean easily with water and so far the bristles haven't stained. This is a perfect size for travel and because the heads last 3 months, I think it is pretty cost-efficient. My only complaint is the battery case is RIDICULOUS to open. I wrestled with it for about 7 minutes before I finally took it to my husband and it took him another 5 to figure it out. Installing batteries should not require two people!!

Other than that, the price is right and the product works. I think this would be great for a teen just starting to get into skincare and for anyone else who has sensitive skin but loves the "brushed clean" feeling.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2011 2:25:00 PM More reviews by loveisblind

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I have been using this product for about 2 weeks now. I cannot compare this to the clarisonic b/c I have never used the clarisonic. I do definitely think that there is a difference between these two based on other reviews. The olay brush head spins while the clarisonic brush head oscillates. I have very sensitive skin so the Olay brush works well for me. I also do not wear foundation. The only makeup that is applied to my face area is concealer and I find that this device works well at removing that along with the sunscreen that I use sometimes. For people who wear a lot of make up and require more cleaning action, then the Clarisonic or the Clarisonic Mia would probably be better for you.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2011 4:16:00 AM More reviews by MYCATSHADOW

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't understand the wonderful, rave reviews for this product. I had been seriously coveting the Clarisonic Mia for quite some time. Meanwhile, I had been usuing manual (non battery) regular complexion brushes that were priced @ around $2.00 give or take... I happened to have been quite pleased with the manual Face Secrets brush from Sally's that I was using @ the time. I believe that I was paying $1.79 per brush because I have the Sally Club membership. I would replace the brush once a month. However... I felt that the new Face Secrets brushes happened to have been too soft as compared to the ones that had been produced in the past. I don't know why, but the last Face Secrets brush that I tried was way too soft for my liking. I LOVE a good rigorous cleansing.... So I went ahead & did some research on the Olay Pro X. The reviews were wonderful EVERYWHERE. Everyone claimed this device to be a Clarisonic dupe... They couldn't be more wrong!!
I felt as though I threw $29.99 out the window with this machine. I went back to my Face Secrets brush from Sally's once again but was still disappointed. I was finally able to get the real deal Clarisonic Mia from Sephora that I had been coveting for THE LONGEST TIME!!

Let me tell you... The 2 are night & day!! This little Olay Pro x is a SORRY EXCUSE for a brush cleanser!! Let me list the ways...

1.) It feels light & flimsy.
2.) It's only water resistant. Not waterproof.
3.) The brush head is totally WEAK!! (My skin didn't feel clean...)
4.) The brush head teter- todders when revolving, making it feel like it is ready to fall off.
5.) Very weak power. I get a much more thorough facial cleansing from using my hands with pressure!!!..(I seriously do! Not a joke..)

ONE PRO FOR THIS BRUSH: It's great to brush my cats with it. THE CATS LOVE IT! @ least I was able to find 1 good use for this sorry brush!

My verdict: Please don't waste your money on this little gizmo. Either try to find an inexpensive firm & high quality manual complexion brush, or save up to buy yourself an actual Clarisonic. Trust me, the Clarisonic is definitely worth the investment. I completely regret throwing away $29.99 to the wind! The Olay Pro X is a complete waste of money, in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2011 12:45:00 PM More reviews by fatbottomgirl76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this last night and have used it twice. It made my skin so soft. I use Dermalogica Skin Clearing Cleanser and it makes my face feel so clean. I see no need to spend way more money on a Clairisonic when this works so well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2011 3:01:00 AM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

I've been using it for about two weeks now, and honestly can't imagine washing my face without it. I've used it with all my cleansers and my booth's microdermabrasion scrub a couple times on the low setting--WOW. Some scars I had from a recent bout of shingles are fading, and stubborn clogged pores on my nose and chin are clearing up.

At this price, I think if I forgot it on vacation or something I'd just go ahead and buy a backup...it's seriously that crucial to my skincare regimen. If you see it, do not hesitate to buy it, because it will work with your existing cleanser, comes with batteries, and the replacement heads are only $8-9 (should last about 3 months, according to the package.) LOVEEEE.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2011 2:22:00 PM More reviews by mayebear87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have never owned the Clarisonic, but have always wanted too. I just couldn't bring myself to spend $200 on it. I have owned the iskin (I think that's what it was called, from Sally Beauty Supply). I liked it, but it just vibrated, so I ended up tossing it after a few months. Once I heard that this was coming out, I was so excited! I finally got my hands on one a couple weeks ago at Walgreens, they were doing a special where you can get a full size professional $20 cleanser for free with it. That was a great deal to me! While, I don't really like the little cleanser that came with the brush, or the full size free one, I really love the brush! At first, it didn't seem like it was doing much, but I stuck with it, and now I just love the way it makes my skin look and feel! It's so much more smooth, my pores are smaller, my moisturizer sinks in better, and my makeup goes on better. Although I love this, I seriously would not spend $200 on something that does the same exact thing as this...the results aren't worth that much.