July 29, 2014 | 1185 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Olay - Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2011 8:56:00 PM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The Olay Pro X cleansing system is a good. It's not amazing but it's pretty good. I have very dry, sensitive skin and I found the cleanser that came in the set to be too harsh for my skin. It dried me out. I haven't used any other cleansing tools like Clarisonic or Derma Nu so I can't compare the Olay to the expensive brands. What I really like about this system is the brush. I have had great success using it with my Philosophy purity made simple cleanser. I always washed my face with my hands and that was it. After using this device, I see how much makeup is left on my skin. This gets my skin very clean and soft. I put on moisturizer right after I use this and I'm happy with the results.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2011 1:26:00 PM More reviews by kellirae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love it!! Had been wanting this for awhile. I have sensitive skin and was skeptical about buying this. Thought it may be too harsh for my face. I decided to give it a try. Bought it from Walgreens when they had a special going where you got a free full sized cleanser with it valued at twenty dollars. I figured if I didnt like it I could return it.. Well ladies let me tell you. I am madly in love with it and it is the best beauty purchase I have made in quite awhile I was worried about trying it with the exfoliating cleanser it came with because my skin is soo sensitive. I decided to try it and had amazing results! It made my skin smooth and soft and was not harsh at all. As soon as I ran out of the sample tube of cleanser I went and got the full sized one. I use this brush twice a day. In the mornings I use it with the creamy cleanser and evenings the exfoliating cleanser. I have had no problems with drying or over exfoliating. I actually look forward to using this everyday! I use it in the shower in the mornings and the bath at night. Its great it is water resistant and can be used in the shower. I have always hated washing my face at the sink. Have to put my hair back, water drips all over the place. Im sure you ladies have had the same thing happen to you. I highly reccomend you get this. It is a safe , gentle way to get your skin smooth and radiant!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 8:27:00 PM More reviews by mekamakeupgrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE. The best thing ever. Gets rid of acne, flaking, dryness, everything!! It cleanses deep deep down and does wonders for my skin. I've been using it for a while now and i LOVE it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2011 1:52:00 PM More reviews by carinnemj

My facialist uses a Clarisonic brush during her facials so I decided to give this a shot. The Olay version is nowhere near as powerful. The Clarisonic feels like it has torque and actual supersonic cleansing action whereas this one is more gentle and even the high speed is not that high. That may make it better for sensitive skin, but unfortunately, using it once a day (at night) has dried out my skin like crazy. I have flakies on my cheeks now and my skin is not normally dry. I don't know if it's the brush or the cleanser but I'm cutting back to using it a few times a week.
I bought mine for $27.50 with free shipping on Amazon.com.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 7:11:00 AM More reviews by llccdc

Finally sprung for this and am satisfied. The brush is very gentle and I believe that it is helping clear a deep blemish that I've had for months and couldn't heal. (I also started using the Olay Night Elixir, which is also very good). Recently, I had an expensive facial where she used the Clarisonic and it kind of hurt my face; it was pretty intense. I prefer the Olay for everyday exfoliation on my sensitive, aging skin. I can tell a difference in the brightness and texture of my skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2011 8:44:00 PM More reviews by xCM0SSx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this cleaning system about 2 months ago & I'm so glad that I did! The first 3 days that I used it (twice a day) I didn't see any results. Just redness, Then I decided I would only use it once a day. About my skin, I have extremely dry and flakey skin. In the past I would exfoliate twice a week and still nothing would change. But as soon as I started using this once a day everyday, my skin has never looked of felt better! My moisterizer goes on and absorbs so quickly and in the morning my makeup looks flawless. No more flakes around the nose and mouth! I love this! It has saved my skin! It has also calmed my acne so I'm not breaking out as often as I had in the past.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2011 3:25:00 PM More reviews by mjrodri

I'm quite anal when it comes to hygiene and as most of us on MakeUpAlley I am worrying in my young years about the condition of my skin within the next 40! For a while I had considered purchasing a Clarisonic to, you know, attempt to buy some time and delay the aging process and of course combat zits because who am I kidding I'm in my mid twenties not tweens! A friend recommended this little apparatus and I thought how are you going to send me to purchase an item that is not even 1/4 the cost of the real one! Well, I'm glad I have a tendency to listen to suggestions. This gadget has given me the smoothest skin I've had since elementary, no joke I was breaking out then too! What has got me stuck on this for years to come is that fact that I no longer need to wear cream or liquid foundation on a daily basis. I have the best results with my current compact thanks to Olay. Love Love It!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2011 8:02:00 AM More reviews by lianegraham

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been lusting after this since it came about but couldn't find it anywhere near me until this week. I have used it twice so far: once with the included sample cleanser (the sample it comes with is VERY generous, and considering I would use it only once a week it will probably last me months), and once with my own. It's too early to say anything about long-term results. I have never owned a Clarisonic, so I can't compare the two. However, I am very impressed with the softness of the brush. It is not abrasive at all. I have sensitive skin and this brush works very well for me.
My own (minor) gripe is that the thing itself is not the highest quality gadget in the world, what with the battery cover being so hard to remove and the brush heads never seeming securely locked in place. That being said, I bought it for $30, and considering the price I didn't expect better quality. I am happy and satisfied with this product and would absolutely recommend it. I'm looking forward to travelling with it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2011 9:57:00 PM More reviews by princess101

I have been using this daily for a week and suffered from some minor redness and skin irritation during the first three days. My skin has since gone back to normal, as I've been using my own daily cleanser rather than the exfoliating cleanser included.
My skin is smoother, but I find it easy to over-do as one can get carried away while cleansing.
Purchased this for $29.99 CDN plus 25% offf at London Drugs, as it was the cheapest I've found with a good return policy. Can also be found at Shoppers Drugmart, Walmart, and other drugstores. Max price seen is $34.99.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2011 2:32:00 AM More reviews by juventas000

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

like many i've been sitting on the fence debating whether or not to bite the bullet and get the Mia Clarisonic. even with sales and promos in Sephora bringing down the price from US$200 to $125 i could never bring myslef to do it.
ive used manual face brushes before and for the life of me couldn't find any new ones here in the Philippines. so when DH went on a biz trip back to the US i asked him to nab me one at CVS. he mistakenly got the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Rejuvenator wc comes with a scrubby pad and vibrates. so i used this for about 2 weeks till i got the Olay Pro X. i used the Neutrogena 2x/week and noticed a few small breakouts of tiny pimples between my eyebrows and a few on my nose as well. perhaps a bit too abrasive for my combination/dry skin?
once the Pro X sytem came i saw a world of difference. my skin was instantly brighter, cleaner and 100% smoother. it is a rotating brush system w/ 2 settings (only used the lower setting at first) i started using it w my regular evening cleanser J&J Purpose Gentle Cleanser (i only splash water on my face in the AM). it swept away all traces of makeup left over even after using makeup remover. cleaned out my pores and after 2 weeks no more little zits or break outs.
i think my skin had to re adjust hence the window of break outs in the beginning. i cannot say for sure if it was the Neutrogena device or machine operated cleansing in general.
my routine is now AM cleansing w water only (still). i wear a full face (foundation, powder, face color and waterproof liner/mascara) most days. i remove w eye make up remover and face towellete and then wash w J&J Purpose using the Pro X brush.
at first i was also wary that the Pro X Exfoliating Renewal Cleanser might be too abrasive for my soemtimes sensitive (freckly light skinned asian) skin but have started using it 2x/week as well with delightful results. the microbeads are small enough to polish lightly wihtout irritating.
i dont use the Neutrogena device much anymore, and will probably give it to away as i still have most of the blue scrubby pads. the rotating action of the Olay ProX is much gentler and more efficient in facial cleansing wihtout being too harsh.
i can liken the experince most to how i used to "over brush" with a manual toothbrush and cause abrasions on my tooth enamel and sensitivity. with the Pro X device, the scrubbing is done for you and you dont feel the need to rub it in w/ any pressure at all. i just give my face a couple of sweeps allover, concentrating on nasolabial folds and other clog prone areas (never bothered to time it) and avoiding delicate under eye skin. i follow w my night moisturizer and eye creams and they seem to absorb much better than before.
all in all a fabulous tool for smoothening, brightening and over all anti aging!!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No