October 22, 2014 | 1975 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2012 1:57:00 AM More reviews by MrSimonMakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

i'm having a love-hate relationship with this foundation. sometimes i'm absolutely in looooovvveeee with it! but the day after i hate it to death. But for the most part , on the days that I love it, I love everything about it , even the smell. The coverage is great and has an awesome satin finish for my dry-ish skin. on the days where my skin is crocodile dry , I just set it with M-A-C Fix+ and its a lovely finish :) I love the lasting power of it , it's kinda rub-proof unless you really want it to rubb off ! And the shade is great for my skin (Sand beige) .

Overall : I love it , on some days :)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2012 12:42:00 AM More reviews by heatherbelleday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I am really enjoying this foundation. As others have mentioned, this is what I always felt Revlon Colorstay should be but never was. This stuff lasts very well indeed. You definitely know you are wearing foundation (it's not magic!) but considering the coverage and lasting power it is not that heavy. I chose the color "Ivory" even though it looked too dark in the tube and it is actually perfect. It does not make me break out more than normal (my skin has a tendency to break out).
EDITED: I think I wrote this review too quickly - I realised after using it for a little while that it was actually highlighting my large pores and just felt too thick on my skin. I prefer Almay TLC for a longwearing drugstore foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2012 10:19:00 AM More reviews by cjgrrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I read some reviews on here and decided to give this foundation a try. I have about five different kinds I'm using right now and not completely happy with any. I just ran out of Revlon photo ready which I quite like but I think I prefer this Rimmel now. It happened to be on sale ($8.50)at my Shoppers so I grabbed it. I had a bit of an issue with the shades as they are quite limited and you cannot tell a thing from just looking at the packaging but they did have testers which was cool. I really like this stuff, It has amazing coverage and still maintains a dewy look for me. Lately I'm feeling old and ugly and this gave me a nice even look, refreshed even. I recommend it, altho younger skin may find it a bit heavy.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by mlq490

I love this foundation!
When I bought this, i noticed the color selection was bad, there were like six shades, but I tried Soft Beige (coincidentally same name as the NYC foundation I got) and I think I chose the right color.
This applies smoothly (blends easily) and isn't cakey, is long lasting, has no heavy smell, has medium/buildable coverage, a sort of dewy finish without powder... I have no complaints about the actual product.
I'm glad this has a squeeze tube instead of those extremely annoying pumpless glass bottles. It's easier to get the product out, it's a lot lighter, and more compact (a lot of foundations have excess glass around them to make you think you get more product).
And I can't believe this is so much cheaper than most foundations at only $8
Bottom line: awesome so far. The color selection is disappointing though, and this is way lighter than it appears in the tube. But nothing a little bronzer (or Maybelline Instant Age Rewind the Eraser Makeup that's too dark) won't fix.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2011 4:46:00 PM More reviews by staci13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

For the price, I was pretty impressed with this product. After reading reviews here for this product, I went into the store knowing that the shade selection would be minimal, and that the fairest shade might be a little on the darker side. I took a chance anyways and got the fairest shade, and I was impressed, even with my winter skin tone, it doesn't look too dark. I have oily skin so most foundations disappear after a few hours, this one lasted longer than most by itself, and when I used a primer it lasted even longer. Another plus is that it doesn't seem to cause breakouts.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2011 9:39:00 PM More reviews by wai260896

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in Classic Beige and i like the formula and the finish it gives.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2011 11:01:00 PM More reviews by saireen25

When I first got this foundation, I was really happy with it. It has great coverage, giving my skin a very smooth and natural look. It also lasts for ages (even though, I haven't really tried the theory of having it on for 25 hrs as it states, but I won't be surprised if it does).

However, after some time of using the foundation, I realised that it started to bring my dry skin out. Now, my skin tone/complexion is normal so there is slight dryness but none to raise concern so therefore, dry skin isn't really a problem for me. But when I applied this foundation, the dry skin seemed to stick out. This is the only reason I give this foundation a 4 out of 5. Nonetheless, I tackled this issue by applying a lot of moisturiser as base before putting the foundation on. Again, the coverage still looked great and it also lasted for hours.

I wouldn't like to discourage you from buying this foundation, bcause I've read previous reviews and no one seems to have the problem with the dry skin thing so it could be that it is only my skin.. :/. This is the only reason I wouldn't buy this foundation again as other foundations don't give me the same problem.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2011 1:23:00 PM More reviews by redjanerom

I have very sensitive combination skin and many products break me out easily. I've been trying out so many foundations, including a lot of department store ones, and there was always something wrong with them. Some were too dry, some made my face look oily after a few hours, and some (which was the case with most of them) broke me out very badly. When I came across this foundation I didn't expect a lot from a product of this price range (7-8 EUR), however I was pleasantly surprised to find out that my skin felt very comfortable and after trying it out for a few weeks I realized my skin had stopped breaking out altogether. A couple of people had also complimented my complexion (this had never happened before), and asked me what I do with my skin to make it so perfectly porcelain! This occurred a few times now, so I know that this is a product I should definitely stick to! Only one small downside - it does take a while to dry after you put it on, but once its dry it looks amazing. Also, I noticed that it shows up great on photos too!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2011 9:48:00 PM More reviews by Yamada70

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wasn't expecting much from this foundation, but I am happily surprised. Coverage is medium & hides the redness around my nose. Easily blendable, no heavy scent, easy squeeze bottle (not a fan of pumps after my Dior Nude pump broke TWICE), staying power is fantastic (though it slides of my nose like every other foundation), semi-matt finish (NOT cakey at all compared to EL DW). Shade selection is POOR especially for those with yellow undertones. I have to mix this with a green base to tone down the pink but other than that, I am really happy with this foundation. Not my HG, but I like it enough to use frequently as I don't feel like I am wearing a mask with this foundation.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2011 10:29:00 PM More reviews by ozone

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I need a medium to full coverage foundation recently due to my monthly breakouts and stress. But I don't want to spend over $40 for a liquid foundation for occassional use. Therefore, after research on makeupalley.com, I come up with the idea to try this product and it is only $7 Canadian on sales, doesn't hurt to give it a try. I end up loving tis foundation for varies reasons. 1. the foundation is in a tube which means I can use up every single bit of the product with no wastage and the package makes travel friendly too. 2. Color matching is perfect. I am NC 25 and I 've bought True Ivory, the second lightest shade. I may want to try one shade darker in the Summer time and all shades look realistic to me 3. It is hydrating but also long lasting. Since hydrating foundation has more slip than regular long last foundation, it usually run even with primer and powder, consider my skin is combination and extremely oily on my nose, just my nose area. But this foundation is truly long lasting but not drying at all 4. It covers really really really well, perfect my skin but still looks dimensional and natural. 5. Inexpensive, way cheaper than regular drug store foundation and excedding department store's quality. However, I only recommend this foundation thowho have normal to dry to dry skin typed. As I have mentioned before, it is hydrating and I need to use powder to keep the foundation in place. However with powder on top, it foundation really gives a long lasting finish that up to ten plus hours with one blotting. I think it is worthy to try.
Edit: it is still good for occassional use whenever I need a full coverage foundation. However, it is quite sticky and I don't think it could be a HG for everyday use, unless for those who need full coverage everyday and dry skin.
Edit: too think