October 22, 2014 | 1577 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2010 2:16:00 AM More reviews by FlorescentBunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I LOVE this stuff. I really hate products that are too heavy and make my face feel greasy. Even oil-free moisturizers feel too heavy on my face. I love gel moisturizers and have bought Clinique Moisture Surge in the past. However, I hate the small of Moisture Surge and it work just okay for the price.

I love this gel however. It smells really great and doesn't irritate my skin. I can see how the fragrance might irritate really sensitive skin though. So if you are sensitive to fragrances I wouldn't purchase this. I put this on at night and in the morning and my face is never dry... just soft and smooth. As for the price, it is really great. I have never seen a gel moisturizer like this I can buy at the drugstore. It works the same as more expensive gels and smells better too!

The only other negative I can think of is If I put the gel on too thickly it will leave a film on my face, but I just have to remember that a little bit goes a long way.

I highly recommend this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2010 7:10:00 PM More reviews by booboo88

omg this product saved my skin from moisturizer related acne. after using this for the last 4-5 weeks i have had virtually no acne. when i first bought it i used it at night and in the morning after washing my face but then cut back to just night and started using a clean and clear moisturizer in the morning for the SPF. i just love it! it absorbs so quickly and does not clog pores. im almost out and i will of course be going back to buy more!

Edit: after about a month i had to stop using this...maybe it's because i live in florida and it's always humid and hot but it just got to be too greasy. might be good in the winter though.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2010 3:25:00 PM More reviews by misspinupgirl620

Love this moisturizer :) Very lightweight but feels like it actually penetrates my skin rather then just sitting on top of it. I'm very sensitive so a lot of different moisturizers i've tried have broke me out but have been using this for about 4 weeks and no problem so far :) Works well under the liquid foundation I use and never feel like I get that greasy feeling.I took off one lippy with the packaging because it does get kind of messy..especially if you any of the product gets around the rim of the jar it gets kind of gross.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2010 11:46:00 AM More reviews by RMutt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I knew this was a 'gel-cream' but I was still a little shocked when I opened the jar - it's far more of a gel than a cream. There's nothing creamy about it. Anyway, it does leave a filmy feel for about an hour after applying it, but that seems to sink in eventually. I was pleasantly surprised that its moisturizing effects do seem to last for a pretty long time (not sure about 24hrs like it claims, most of us wash our face twice in that time). It seems to perform well under makeup too. But I'm not sure if it will it hold up against a Canadian winter... it seems like more of a summer product to me. And I'm not sure why Garnier packages it in a jar rather than a pump or tube, which would make sense considering its light texture. Edit: I brought this to the caribbean on holiday and it's perfect for hot, humid weather or after sun exposure, definitely a keeper for summer. I'm not sure why the spf, oil-free version comes in a pump and this doesn't :(

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2010 9:03:00 PM More reviews by skitzke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion on my face (the bigger bottled one, not AM or PM, found PM very irratating for some reason) and have had great luck with CeraVe. Was almost out of moisturizer after a good 8 months or so of one bottle and decided to give this stuff a try...LOVE IT! So far it hasn't broke me out and the smell isnt over bearing for me. Keeps me moisturized all day plus!! I would recommend it to someone! The only thing that I can really say they should do is put it into a bottle with a pump similar to Clinque's D.D. Lotion :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2010 8:14:00 AM More reviews by cosmic007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was very excited to try this product,as I have oily skin, and believed the gel formula would be perfect for me. Unfortunately, this did absolutely nothing for me.Left my skin feeling sticky, not at all nourished. Will not purchase again :(

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2010 8:25:00 PM More reviews by RaeKennedy

This gel is my Holy Grail PRIMER!! I use mineral powder foundations and this Gel is the best primer I've ever used!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2010 2:08:00 PM More reviews by tiffanyyzz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this moisturizer. I usually HATE the greasy feeling of any moisturizer. I would buy moisturizers that say it wasn't greasy but they weren't moisturizing at all. And all the really hydrating ones , you feel that its there. And I don't like that. So I decided to try this GEL moisturizer. I'm a sucker for GEL products. I loved this stuff from the moment I tried it. It is so moisturizing and locks in the moisture for a really long time. My face doesn't feel dry and my makeup doesn't look cakey because it's moisture ! I love the smell and when you apply it, it's like water. I absolutely love it and most def I am gonna repurchase. Plus I have super dry skin :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2010 2:57:00 AM More reviews by cutiejunkie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this moisturizer is PERFECT. i just bought this today, but i already love this. it's great under make up, doesn't make you into a oil machine. and it makes my skin feel SOOOO amazingly soft. the scent is eehh, it doesn't really bother me but it doesn't really smell bad. i just wish Garnier would change the packaging into a pump like the other one with SPF. i think putting moisturizer in a jar is so unsanitary! but this is a great product itself!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2010 3:31:00 PM More reviews by jenjen86

It's very hard for me to find a moisturizer that actually moisturizes without breaking me out, but this one does the job. I would even say it's high-end quality, although very inexpensive.