September 17, 2014 | 2017 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2010 11:46:00 AM More reviews by RMutt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I knew this was a 'gel-cream' but I was still a little shocked when I opened the jar - it's far more of a gel than a cream. There's nothing creamy about it. Anyway, it does leave a filmy feel for about an hour after applying it, but that seems to sink in eventually. I was pleasantly surprised that its moisturizing effects do seem to last for a pretty long time (not sure about 24hrs like it claims, most of us wash our face twice in that time). It seems to perform well under makeup too. But I'm not sure if it will it hold up against a Canadian winter... it seems like more of a summer product to me. And I'm not sure why Garnier packages it in a jar rather than a pump or tube, which would make sense considering its light texture. Edit: I brought this to the caribbean on holiday and it's perfect for hot, humid weather or after sun exposure, definitely a keeper for summer. I'm not sure why the spf, oil-free version comes in a pump and this doesn't :(

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2010 9:03:00 PM More reviews by skitzke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion on my face (the bigger bottled one, not AM or PM, found PM very irratating for some reason) and have had great luck with CeraVe. Was almost out of moisturizer after a good 8 months or so of one bottle and decided to give this stuff a try...LOVE IT! So far it hasn't broke me out and the smell isnt over bearing for me. Keeps me moisturized all day plus!! I would recommend it to someone! The only thing that I can really say they should do is put it into a bottle with a pump similar to Clinque's D.D. Lotion :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2010 8:14:00 AM More reviews by cosmic007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was very excited to try this product,as I have oily skin, and believed the gel formula would be perfect for me. Unfortunately, this did absolutely nothing for me.Left my skin feeling sticky, not at all nourished. Will not purchase again :(

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2010 8:25:00 PM More reviews by RaeKennedy

This gel is my Holy Grail PRIMER!! I use mineral powder foundations and this Gel is the best primer I've ever used!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2010 2:08:00 PM More reviews by tiffanyyzz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this moisturizer. I usually HATE the greasy feeling of any moisturizer. I would buy moisturizers that say it wasn't greasy but they weren't moisturizing at all. And all the really hydrating ones , you feel that its there. And I don't like that. So I decided to try this GEL moisturizer. I'm a sucker for GEL products. I loved this stuff from the moment I tried it. It is so moisturizing and locks in the moisture for a really long time. My face doesn't feel dry and my makeup doesn't look cakey because it's moisture ! I love the smell and when you apply it, it's like water. I absolutely love it and most def I am gonna repurchase. Plus I have super dry skin :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2010 2:57:00 AM More reviews by cutiejunkie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this moisturizer is PERFECT. i just bought this today, but i already love this. it's great under make up, doesn't make you into a oil machine. and it makes my skin feel SOOOO amazingly soft. the scent is eehh, it doesn't really bother me but it doesn't really smell bad. i just wish Garnier would change the packaging into a pump like the other one with SPF. i think putting moisturizer in a jar is so unsanitary! but this is a great product itself!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2010 3:31:00 PM More reviews by jenjen86

It's very hard for me to find a moisturizer that actually moisturizes without breaking me out, but this one does the job. I would even say it's high-end quality, although very inexpensive.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2010 8:03:00 AM More reviews by Paigey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love the concept of this, but the fragrance is so heavy that it made me break out horribly all over. I haven't broken out in years. Maybe if this came in a pump or a tube and was fragrance free, I'd try it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2010 1:50:00 PM More reviews by courtinkerbell

This is the best moisturizer I have bought for the price. It's so light but so surprisingly moisturizing. It's great under makeup, and doesn't leave my face shiny. (Although not completely matte either) It leaves my face supple with a slight dewey glow? I really like it. I have combination skin and it works great for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/27/2010 9:12:00 AM More reviews by buggylovely

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to try this product out after searching long and hard for an affordable moisturizer I could use at night. I really loved the idea of it being a gel. It's not often you find gel-type moisturizers at your local drugstore. Other than the feel of it, I liked nothing more of this moisturizer. The smell drove me insane. It's a clean, fresh smell but it was SO strong to me. I couldn't get past it. I have sensitive, oily skin, and I believe this irritated it, seeing as for the nights I had used it, I developed small irritation like "pimples." I happily returned this.