Pur Minerals Pressed Powder Foundation

3.9

ORIGINAL FORMULATION: Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 8%; Inactive Ingredients:Mica, Boron Nitride, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Magnesium Carbonate, Silica, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii), Tocopheryl Acetate, Iron Oxides. May contain: Ultramarines NEW FORMULATION: Ingredients Mica, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Boron Nitride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Sodium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Mannitol, Sodium Gluconate, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Waltheria Indica Leaf Extract, Dextrin, Ferulic Acid, L-Lactic Acid, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Silica, Thioctic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Retinol, L-Ascorbic Acid, Ceramide 6 II, Magnolia Officinalis Bark Extract, Vitis Vinifera/Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Maltodextrin, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Skin, Glycerin, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5, L-Glutathione, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Hydrated Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aqua, Glucosamine HCI, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris Leaf/Stem Extract, Magnesium Carbonate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarine (CI 77007)

on 12/30/2008 12:50:00 PM

This is a great mineral foundation. Unlike Bare Minerals, the compact is great for carrying and it's not messy. The sponge that is included is good for touch ups, but in the morning I apply with the blunt brush I received with the foundation and it works well. It has buildable coverage that looks very natural and it has good staying power. I agree with the reviewer who said that it doesn't last long. I wish the compact had more product. I'm totally out of it and have to order it online and stock up so I don't run out.

on 12/28/2008 4:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I thought this product for me was pretty good, it doesnt irritate my skin at all and i have really sensitive skin. It has vitamin in it, so the product is actually good for you.
This prodcut doesnt give alot of coverage, however for me i dont really care becaue i dont need alot of coverage for my face just a bit.
If you dont really care for alot of coverage like the mac, but it gives you a flawless look.
oo and did i mention that it comes with a sponge that is suppose to blot oil away from your face? tehe

on 12/23/2008 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I've been using Pur Minerals for about a year now and absolutely love it. I have sensitive skin that is on the dry side and Pur Minerals blends well and provides amazing coverage both as a foundation and a concealer. I use the green primer underneath and a spritz of the fulvic mist over top and I'm good to go all day. I'll keep repurchasing and spreading the word about how amazing this foundation is.

on 12/18/2008 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

After trying BE and EDM, I was in the market for some great mineral foundation that would work with my oily skin. My makeup station is always looking like the Sahara Desert because mineral foundation goes EVERYWHERE! I was at Ulta when they were having their 20% off sale and bought this in Light. I bought it because it was in a convenient compact form. I have dark spots on my face because of acne and this foundation covered it wonderfully. Not only did it give great coverage, it also controlled my oily skin. I do have take one lippie off because of the limited variety of colors that they have. Light was too pink for me because I have yellow undertones. Even though the color was off, I finished the product. I would probably buy this again during the summer when I'm tan. The colors would suit me better then.

on 12/9/2008 5:52:00 PM

I have tried several mineral powder foundations and this one is my favorite. Even better than Bare Minerals. It covers really well and does not magnify fine lines which powder tends to do. Really glad I tried this product. Gives skin a nice glow, covers imperfections, and stays on well.

on 12/6/2008 12:39:00 PM

I've repurchased this a few times. I like it but I'm not convinced it's the best thing out there. It is very natural looking if you use the chisel brush. I also use it as an under eye concealer because it doesn't look cakey. It's perfect if you're looking for light coverage.

on 12/2/2008 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I must say that this makeup has been very pleasant to use. When I tried it at Ulta I was in between Dark and Medium Dark. I chose the latter as I get lighter in the winter and I figure I could use a bronzer in the summer to deepen the color as my skin gets more tan. However the blush in the starter kit was too pink for me ( will have to mix with a bronzer.) I think some may have been experiencing irritation from the shea butter. People who are allergic to latex may be allergic to shea butter so its better to try at a makeup counter to see how your skin reacts before buying. For me so far so good.!!

on 11/26/2008 2:30:00 AM

I love this foundation! It gives medium to full coverage depending on how much I apply. I love the pressed form of this mineral foundation since I found that I dislike loose minerals for the mess. I have tried bare minerals and everyday minerals and this is much better for full coverage and natural look. The powder sinks into my skin a few minutes after application and looks like flawless skin without many makeup on! I like the Shea butter in this makeup is actually helping my skins stay moisturized and other mineral ingredients are clearing up my skin too. Looks best with a primer underneath as all powder and mineral foundations do.

Give it a try, I was pleasantly surprised. The only thing I don't like so much is the packaging, I wish they can make it look more high end instead of the cheap plastic container...but not enough to take off a lippie!

on 11/26/2008 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Cool

I tried this out when I had an ma in dillards put it on for me. I had been using mineral make up for awhile but it was very messy and it looked a little cakey. I thought this was a neat idea since it was in a compact with was less messy and the lid was a good size to tab your brush in. I decided to buy this in the kit. I used golden medium which is a good match. This stuff has amazing coverage and makes your skin look very healthy. It covered as well as my liquid foundation and didn't look cakey at all and elimated some reddess. I love this foundation. I plan on getting the full size. <3

on 11/24/2008 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

hearing all the rave reviews, I went to Ulta to try it out. I got color matched as a Golden Medium, (I'm a Medium Beige in Bare Minerals for comparison)

It looked very cakey, and didn't blend at all with my skin. It looked like a layer of make-up "floating" on top of my skin.
It rubs off easily also, I gently rubbed with a tissue and a ton came off. I'd say dont wear white if you're putting this on.

the color didn't match my skin tone at all either (you can see my gallery for my skin tone). It was very very pink.. my neck and face were 2 different colors.

Kinda bummed this didn't work out for me, I was trying to find a mmu with better coverage. I'll stick back to BM/BE