Pur Minerals Pressed Powder Foundation

3.9

ORIGINAL FORMULATION: Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 8%; Inactive Ingredients:Mica, Boron Nitride, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Magnesium Carbonate, Silica, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii), Tocopheryl Acetate, Iron Oxides. May contain: Ultramarines NEW FORMULATION: Ingredients Mica, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Boron Nitride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Sodium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Mannitol, Sodium Gluconate, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Waltheria Indica Leaf Extract, Dextrin, Ferulic Acid, L-Lactic Acid, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Silica, Thioctic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Retinol, L-Ascorbic Acid, Ceramide 6 II, Magnolia Officinalis Bark Extract, Vitis Vinifera/Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Maltodextrin, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Skin, Glycerin, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5, L-Glutathione, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Hydrated Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aqua, Glucosamine HCI, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris Leaf/Stem Extract, Magnesium Carbonate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarine (CI 77007)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

YUCK. I wanted to like this so badly. I read a zillion great reviews, talked to a handful of friends who loved it, ordered the starter kit and checked the mail every day until it arrived. I was hoping this would make my makeup routine a lot quicker and easier -- usually I wear a liquid foundation and concealer set with loose powder, which is a little finicky and feels like quite a bit of makeup, but makes my skin look awesome. Anyway, when I FIRST apply this, it looks great. I use concealer first on any particularly dark blemishes/redness, then set with this foundation over top and blend it all together. Again, at first, it looks fresh and light and my skin looks great.

BUT THEN... just a couple of hours later, it looks super shimmery and unnatural. It also wears off on any oily spots -- and I have combination to normal skin in the wintertime -- and just ends up looking blotchy, shiny and gunky. Also, I don't think my skin is generally crazy about this foundation. It seemed to break out/look worse while I was using it.

A huge disappointment for me. And that sucks too, because I was so sure I was going to love it. Every once in a while, I drag it out and give it another go in hopes of liking it. Happens with some products. But no love connection yet. Boohoo.

/rant

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I just bought the starter kit tonight at ulta.

So far, I'm impressed! The blush that comes in the kit is surprisingly perfect, which says a lot because I have pale skin and have a hard time finding the right shade of blush.

I was mixing mostly bare minerals with a tiny bit of everyday minerals before this... which i still love, but I just wanted to try something new.

Pur minerals gives good coverage, the saleswoman at Ulta told me she used red earth invisible touch underneath bare minerals. I tried it under pur minerals and found that the combination gives a beautiful natural finish.

I thought this would be a BE knockoff, but this is a great quality so far.

yay :)

I discovered Pur Minerals after BE and before "converting" to EDM. I was lucky to find a good color match and liked the packaging. My major complaint with mineral makeup is that it doesn't travel well, so it was nice to find a pressed powder that worked. It didn't irritate my skin and the buildable coverage was nice. It was easy to overdo it with this powder, so I'd recommend a nice kabuki brush for even application.

The only reason I'm not giving it 5 stars is that it did nothing for oil coverage/absorption, which meant that I was constantly adding more throughout the day (or using another power on top). I like the idea of all-in-one makeup, but I need something that decreases shine.

overall it is an ok product, just like many other mineral powders.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

I love pur minerals! I rarely wore foundation or powder but I really enjoy wearing pur minerals. As an African American I wasn't expected to match well, but now only did I find a shade to match my skin, but it blended perfectly. It covers up all of my flaws and yet is so complimenting and light. I will be sticking with pur minerals forever!

Edit: I now apply it with a sponge to get better coverage. Still loving it!

This is a great mineral foundation. Unlike Bare Minerals, the compact is great for carrying and it's not messy. The sponge that is included is good for touch ups, but in the morning I apply with the blunt brush I received with the foundation and it works well. It has buildable coverage that looks very natural and it has good staying power. I agree with the reviewer who said that it doesn't last long. I wish the compact had more product. I'm totally out of it and have to order it online and stock up so I don't run out.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I thought this product for me was pretty good, it doesnt irritate my skin at all and i have really sensitive skin. It has vitamin in it, so the product is actually good for you.
This prodcut doesnt give alot of coverage, however for me i dont really care becaue i dont need alot of coverage for my face just a bit.
If you dont really care for alot of coverage like the mac, but it gives you a flawless look.
oo and did i mention that it comes with a sponge that is suppose to blot oil away from your face? tehe

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I've been using Pur Minerals for about a year now and absolutely love it. I have sensitive skin that is on the dry side and Pur Minerals blends well and provides amazing coverage both as a foundation and a concealer. I use the green primer underneath and a spritz of the fulvic mist over top and I'm good to go all day. I'll keep repurchasing and spreading the word about how amazing this foundation is.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

After trying BE and EDM, I was in the market for some great mineral foundation that would work with my oily skin. My makeup station is always looking like the Sahara Desert because mineral foundation goes EVERYWHERE! I was at Ulta when they were having their 20% off sale and bought this in Light. I bought it because it was in a convenient compact form. I have dark spots on my face because of acne and this foundation covered it wonderfully. Not only did it give great coverage, it also controlled my oily skin. I do have take one lippie off because of the limited variety of colors that they have. Light was too pink for me because I have yellow undertones. Even though the color was off, I finished the product. I would probably buy this again during the summer when I'm tan. The colors would suit me better then.

I have tried several mineral powder foundations and this one is my favorite. Even better than Bare Minerals. It covers really well and does not magnify fine lines which powder tends to do. Really glad I tried this product. Gives skin a nice glow, covers imperfections, and stays on well.