November 25, 2014 | 1807 users online

Powder - Pur Minerals - Pressed Powder Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2008 4:16:00 AM More reviews by underthestars

I thought this product for me was pretty good, it doesnt irritate my skin at all and i have really sensitive skin. It has vitamin in it, so the product is actually good for you.
This prodcut doesnt give alot of coverage, however for me i dont really care becaue i dont need alot of coverage for my face just a bit.
If you dont really care for alot of coverage like the mac, but it gives you a flawless look.
oo and did i mention that it comes with a sponge that is suppose to blot oil away from your face? tehe

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2008 3:45:00 PM More reviews by citrusladybug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using Pur Minerals for about a year now and absolutely love it. I have sensitive skin that is on the dry side and Pur Minerals blends well and provides amazing coverage both as a foundation and a concealer. I use the green primer underneath and a spritz of the fulvic mist over top and I'm good to go all day. I'll keep repurchasing and spreading the word about how amazing this foundation is.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2008 1:51:00 PM More reviews by MissPark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After trying BE and EDM, I was in the market for some great mineral foundation that would work with my oily skin. My makeup station is always looking like the Sahara Desert because mineral foundation goes EVERYWHERE! I was at Ulta when they were having their 20% off sale and bought this in Light. I bought it because it was in a convenient compact form. I have dark spots on my face because of acne and this foundation covered it wonderfully. Not only did it give great coverage, it also controlled my oily skin. I do have take one lippie off because of the limited variety of colors that they have. Light was too pink for me because I have yellow undertones. Even though the color was off, I finished the product. I would probably buy this again during the summer when I'm tan. The colors would suit me better then.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2008 5:52:00 PM More reviews by shylen8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have tried several mineral powder foundations and this one is my favorite. Even better than Bare Minerals. It covers really well and does not magnify fine lines which powder tends to do. Really glad I tried this product. Gives skin a nice glow, covers imperfections, and stays on well.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2008 12:39:00 PM More reviews by cwa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've repurchased this a few times. I like it but I'm not convinced it's the best thing out there. It is very natural looking if you use the chisel brush. I also use it as an under eye concealer because it doesn't look cakey. It's perfect if you're looking for light coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2008 9:42:00 PM More reviews by lizanna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I must say that this makeup has been very pleasant to use. When I tried it at Ulta I was in between Dark and Medium Dark. I chose the latter as I get lighter in the winter and I figure I could use a bronzer in the summer to deepen the color as my skin gets more tan. However the blush in the starter kit was too pink for me ( will have to mix with a bronzer.) I think some may have been experiencing irritation from the shea butter. People who are allergic to latex may be allergic to shea butter so its better to try at a makeup counter to see how your skin reacts before buying. For me so far so good.!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2008 2:30:00 AM More reviews by trendywendy84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! It gives medium to full coverage depending on how much I apply. I love the pressed form of this mineral foundation since I found that I dislike loose minerals for the mess. I have tried bare minerals and everyday minerals and this is much better for full coverage and natural look. The powder sinks into my skin a few minutes after application and looks like flawless skin without many makeup on! I like the Shea butter in this makeup is actually helping my skins stay moisturized and other mineral ingredients are clearing up my skin too. Looks best with a primer underneath as all powder and mineral foundations do.

Give it a try, I was pleasantly surprised. The only thing I don't like so much is the packaging, I wish they can make it look more high end instead of the cheap plastic container...but not enough to take off a lippie!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2008 2:16:00 AM More reviews by Faffinette89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried this out when I had an ma in dillards put it on for me. I had been using mineral make up for awhile but it was very messy and it looked a little cakey. I thought this was a neat idea since it was in a compact with was less messy and the lid was a good size to tab your brush in. I decided to buy this in the kit. I used golden medium which is a good match. This stuff has amazing coverage and makes your skin look very healthy. It covered as well as my liquid foundation and didn't look cakey at all and elimated some reddess. I love this foundation. I plan on getting the full size. <3

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2008 6:56:00 PM More reviews by lycn4717

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

hearing all the rave reviews, I went to Ulta to try it out. I got color matched as a Golden Medium, (I'm a Medium Beige in Bare Minerals for comparison)

It looked very cakey, and didn't blend at all with my skin. It looked like a layer of make-up "floating" on top of my skin.
It rubs off easily also, I gently rubbed with a tissue and a ton came off. I'd say dont wear white if you're putting this on.

the color didn't match my skin tone at all either (you can see my gallery for my skin tone). It was very very pink.. my neck and face were 2 different colors.

Kinda bummed this didn't work out for me, I was trying to find a mmu with better coverage. I'll stick back to BM/BE

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2008 2:24:00 PM More reviews by shellbell090702

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've pretty much used my Origins Stay Tuned foundation and my MAC sheer tint as long as I can remember, with Bare Escentuals occasionally in the mix. I recently got to the point where nothing was really wowing me anymore. My skin is normal to dry with no major problems, but as I get older, the flawless look is getting harder and harder to get without looking "cakey". While Bare Escentuals seem to make my lines more prominent, I was hesitant to try PM. The ingredient that intrigued me was the shea butter in PM. This is my new hg foundation. It goes on flawless and it takes nearly no time at all. Like most minerals or powders, it tends to start out chalky, but with PM, it softens within minutes looking like I am wearing nothing, but still looking flawless. It doen't dry me out and it stays all day long. Btw, I start out with Smashbox Photo Finish, then Ulta Illuminating Foundation just under the eyes (for a brightening effect), and then I sweep on Pur Minerals.