October 30, 2014 | 1689 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2006 12:34:00 PM More reviews by kittenheels911

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well well well...I think I've FINALLY found a mascara that is affordable aand gives me the dramatic effect that I'm looking for. My fave mascara is still DiorShow but this is by far that best thickening drugstore brand I have found to date. Considering I wear mascara every day and only replace it every 2 months, I can justify spending $23 on the Dior. But in a pinch--if I'm broke or on a trip and have forgotten my mascara--this is a GREAT back-up. First time I wore it, I borrowed it from my teenaged sister (no, you shouldn't share mascara but it was a brand new tube and she'd only used it once). I ended up staying out all night and crashing at a friend's place, falling asleep in my make-up (which I never do). After 8 hours of heavy sleep, I woke up with NO smudging, NO raccoon eyes...nothin'. I was very impressed! I didn't give it 5 lippies only because when I first put it on, there was a *little* clumping. Nothing major but something I noticed. Will DEFINITELY buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2006 12:37:00 PM More reviews by Kittensworth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been searching for 10 years for the perfect mascara and have finally found it- to my suprise, it's very inexpensive ($4) and found in almost every drugstore. It gives the perfect combination of length and thickness. If I want my lashes to be really dramatic, I'll do 2 coats on all of my lashes and another coat on just the outermost ones. Will definitely repurchase and highly recommend!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2006 11:08:00 PM More reviews by veridical

What: Cover Girl Super Thick Lash Mascara, in Black
Where: Drug stores, etc.
How much: Around $4
Why: I was looking for a mascara whose formula was focused on volumizing, not lengthening. I loved this mascara's name and hoped that it would live up to it. (The only other Cover Girl mascara I have tried-Triple Mascara-I have liked.) I loved the price: $3.99 at Target (At Walgreens it was over $5)

I had really high hopes for this, what with its name and decent MUA reviews. Unfortunately, I was disappointed. The brush is straight and bushy, and holds a ton of mascara; I had to scrape some on the mouth of the tube, and even wipe it on a piece of paper. After this, it was not necessarily difficult to apply, and didn't clump with two light coats. While there were no clumps, my lashes weren't Super Thick, only slightly thicker, and dark. The effect was pretty, natural-my lashes but better. My lashes felt soft, not dry or crunchy. However, within minutes of application, it began to flake. And it did not stop all day. Having to check in every mirror you pass to wipe away black specks is a drag. And definitely something I can't live with (which is why I felt it only deserved a 2, though I really wanted to give it a 3).
The thing this mascara does have going for it: its package. I find the simplicity of the red tube oddly refreshing on the drugstore wall filled with black, silver, overstyled or overcomplicated tubes. Also, the lid clicks into place after twisting, which is simple, but a nice touch.
In other words, I was not disappointed with the effect, but I hated what I had to go through for it. I would not purchase it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2006 6:30:00 PM More reviews by maggiev

This mascara is very good. It thickens and lengthens and does not clump or flake off throughout the day. I have to say that my lashes are already pretty long and thick and have a natural curl. I used to use L'Oreal Intensifique and I was so dissappointed when they discontinued it :( I have tried MANY different mascaras from Estee Lauder to MAC to any drug store brand you can imagine and this is the winner. I like this a lot and will continue to use it unless they start producing Intensifique again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2006 8:24:00 PM More reviews by yasmin_sheridan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an excellent mascara, better than alot of the high-end things I've used. What's more, it makes you look as though you're lashes are naturally thick and beautiful, perfect for a doe-eyed look. It's really cheap, which is definately a bonus. Also, the formula feels soft and glossy against my lashes without clumping, flaking, or feeling rough and giving my lashes that dreaded spidery look. I'm not a fan of Cover Girl cosmetics in general, but in terms of mascaras, they make some of the best on the market (and I tend to be a makeup snob, going mainly for more expensive products). Before I bought this I used to use the Fantastic Lash, which is another good mascara, but it can't hold a candle to this one (The Fantastic Lash formula is a little drier and not as natural looking. Also, the packaging sucks and the tube actually broke in half twice with me, which should never happen.). All in all a great steal and a definate makeup staple.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2006 2:52:00 AM More reviews by awful_cherry

This is not a "thickening" mascara. It's not an awful mascara but the name is misleading. I wanted a 2000-Calorie style really good thickening mascara (since 2000 Calorie is so hard to find) and I got the equivalent of a black lash tint. Which is utterly pointless, because my lashes are already black, thick, and long. This is quite good at separating, so sometimes I use it as a base coat under my MAC fibre rich. As a mascara on its own, however, it's only for those who want to make their lashes darker.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2006 4:09:00 AM More reviews by delia56

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This mascara did not hold a curl for me whatsoever. I have asian straight lashes with good length, but this really made it look spikey. I gave it two lippies cause it actually does thicken very nicely because the formula is different. I think if they made this in waterproof it would've held a curl. I didn't want to waste the mascara so I found a way for it to work on me. After curling my lashes, I put on two coats of Maybelline's Great Lash in Waterproof and then a coat of this over it. The Great Lash keeps my lashes from going straight and the Super thick lash gives it a whole bunch of volume. If you had a problem like mine and don't want to waste your mascara. Try this tip. It actually works.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2006 7:30:00 PM More reviews by floofinator

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Maybe I was lucky enough to get a faulty bottle of this mascara...but it was HORRIBLE! After reading all the positive reviews here, and with a 4.0 rating, I had very high expectations for this mascara. I bought it on sale for just around $4 CDN so definitely the price was great. However, this mascara did NOTHING for my lashes except making them clump together and weighing them down! I've never really had a problem with mascaras weighing down my lashes, but this mascara simply turned my curled lashes into straight lashes sticking out...they looked horrible.
Judging from all the great reviews here, maybe I bought my bottle from a bad batch, but I would never, ever buy again. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2006 7:23:00 PM More reviews by StephRexy

This is the best mascara I have ever used. It is more natural looking than most mascaras and makes my lashes very thick.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2006 10:07:00 PM More reviews by Eleven

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was a little disappointed in this mascara after reading such positive reviews. Although there is nothing wrong with it per se it doesnít beef up my very thin but long lashes, itís just like a regular non-thickening mascara. However, it does separate and define nicely so if I was looking for an affordable everyday mascara this would definitely fit the bill. Itís better than many high end brands Iíve tried I have found it to flake a bit under my eyes which I have rarely got with any other mascara. The simple red tube packaging is fine by me. Overall, a good mascara but not a great mascara. Undecided about repurchase.