April 17, 2014 | 1427 users online

Brows - E.L.F. - Eyebrow Kit

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2010 11:34:00 PM More reviews by xogingerox

nice cheap brow filler.
i have dark and very VERY sparse eyebrows. srsly, the tail end of my brows are practically non-existent
i was scared to use the powder cuz it looked too light but its really not. i use light swift strokes of the powder first to fill and shape the look as i do not like hard geometric brows (not that i dont love well defined eyebrows, they just dont look good on me.) after im satisfied, i use the darker gel portion sparingly to tame and neaten the entire look.
this is a good product for those who have no idea how to deal with eyebrows, but i have to say, after some research, ive realized that nice brows can be easily achieved by simply using a good matching eyeshadow + some gel-like brow tamer. i will not repurchase this item after this aforementioned revelation

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2010 7:38:00 PM More reviews by Kashinka

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used BeneFit's BrowZings for about a decade, using up every bit of two compacts and making good headway on a couple of others, before I discovered this. I can't believe that there's a product that is completely equal to BrowZings but is one-tenth the price.

Brow makeup is a necessity for me, because I was cursed with pale, sparse eyebrows. Using makeup to make them look more natural is one of the best things I can do for my face. (I suppose the other would be concealer.) For years before BrowZings came into my life, I struggled with pencils (which made lines that were too sharp and unnatural) and powders (which often came off on my foundation). BeneFit's idea of using wax as the basis for its product was genius. Until a few years ago, BrowZings consisted of a single pan of wax. Now it's one pan of wax and one of powder. I could never figure out how you were supposed to use the powder, because both it and the wax were fully opaque and didn't need any help. In addition, the powder in the Dark compact was much too dark for me.

I decided to try E.L.F.'s Eyebrow Kit because, for $3, what could I lose? It turned out to be not only as good as the BeneFit, but better. E.L.F. uses a gel-based product instead of wax--it makes no difference to me, they are both fine. (The gel is solid.) But with the E.L.F., I finally understand how you are supposed to use the powder along with the other pan: you put it on top, and the combination ensures that the gel does not fade or rub off. I got this in Medium, and when I first opened the box I was worried that the powder looked too light, but it's considerably darker on my eyebrows and makes a perfect combination with the gel underneath.

Inside the compact is a tiny two-ended brush, one side angled and stiff (for the gel, I suppose) and the other somewhat fluffy and soft (for the powder). I don't use them, much as I never used the implements that come with the BeneFit product. Instead I use Sephora's #10 brush, which is angled and stiff and just the right size (and reasonably priced).

EDIT 2/15/11: I'm still enthusiastic about this product, but I should correct something I said about the price. Yes, this is $3 and Benefit's BrowZings is $30, but you don't get the same amount of product. Benefit's compact holds .15 oz. (I'm assuming that is the total amount in both pans) and E.L.F.'s holds .07, so you're getting a bit less than half with E.L.F. Still, one Benefit costs five times as much as two E.L.F.s, so it's still a huge bargain.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2010 2:27:00 PM More reviews by Bindi7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The best eyebrow powder ever! and so cheap! Brilliant. I use this everyday and the result is so natural and makes my eyebrows look fuller. Perfect match for my hair colour too - Medium shade!!! The little brush you get with it is really good too. Will continue to use this forever. Really happy with this product.... and lots of the other E.L.F. Studio range.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2010 8:07:00 PM More reviews by katyd316

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hello HG brow product. My eyebrows have always given me issues. I used pencils and shadows before but they never ever looked good. I went to ELF to get their mineral face primer and wanted to try out a few things so I got this in medium. As soon as I used it, I was in love. I also bought the Studio Angled Brush which works PERFECTLY with this. My brows have never looked better. It makes my brows look so good yet so natural at the same time.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2010 12:03:00 AM More reviews by hanhnee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't agree with the majority of reviews on this brow kit. I'm a HG user of Benefit Browzings (8 yrs at least), and I just don't think it compares. I have both Browzings and elf in "light", and the elf is not pigmented! The wax is so weak that it has no holding power for my thick brow hairs. I didn't like it at all, I gave it a few chances and eventually just threw it out. The brush that comes with e.l.f is also flimsy and useless. The bristles aren't thick and stiff like the browzing's kit which is as good as my ecotools slanted liner brush. I know benefit is expensive, but it takes me an entire yr of daily use to use it up (i don't even use the powder side). Don't get this, its a "you get what you pay for product"

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2010 4:49:00 PM More reviews by takhisis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

When i bought this product the powder part was broken so i never could use it but i dont care because i am very happy with the wax side. I have this kit in medium and i use the wax everyday for my brows on its own and it works wonders. Sometimes i use its brush and sometimes i use any angled liner brush. I would repurchase it without any hesitation.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2010 9:12:00 AM More reviews by tarzina789

This is the first eyebrow product I ever bought and I'm thrilled with it. I got this in medium and it's a pretty good match to my brows. Unlike the other brow product elf has (the treat and tame), the shades on this make a little more sense. The first time I used it, I found that it was a little hard to use the gel, but I warmed it up a little with a hair dryer and it worked just fine. The powder is nice. It's silky and soft, and I find it darkens the wax a little more, which is nice for me.

I was really impressed that such an inexpensive product had such a lovely set up. It looked so sleek. And the little brush that comes with the kit is actually usable! I love that most of the applicators elf puts in their studio products are good quality (even if they are small).

I'm thrilled with this and glad I tried elf's version instead of going to Sephora and getting something much more expensive. I think as long as you get your match, this will work for you! Definitely better than using mascara in your brows!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2010 11:14:00 AM More reviews by yourphatness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I quite like this. I have it in Light, and it works well. The color is natural, and the packaging is great.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2010 2:35:00 PM More reviews by MrzVentura

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

love love love this stuff. Works amazingly, will def repurchase, FANTASTIC item!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2010 12:56:00 AM More reviews by ximachikenx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought this at Target after not being able to find the Rimmel brow pencil, since it was cheap and I remember seeing this on Youtube somewhere. I am very glad I purchased this product; this is my first brow product and for someone who is not very used to grooming her eyebrows, this is great. The packaging is REALLY nice for a $3 product. Both the gel and the powder are very good and the brush that comes with it is perfect. I do wish the color was a little more grey-toned for my black hair but it still looks very nice. Kind of iffy of the mineral oil in the gel, waiting to see if it will break me out on the eyebrow area so might update later. Great for the price though!