July 28, 2014 | 1313 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Sin

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2009 1:28:00 PM More reviews by jojo4411

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading such good things about the original UDPP, i decided to go out and buy it. When I got to the counter the salesperson recommended this instead, i bought it. I got it home and tried it out, and i was disappointed. I actually makes my eyeshadow less vibrant than if i were to use any other primer, or even on bare skin. The glitter is too much, it overpowers some shades and it is too dark for my fair skintone. I will not repurchase, but i think i will still try the original version!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2009 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Nikki16519

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is so pretty on its own. It leaves a shimmery glow that really can work on its own if you are short in time and want a little something on your eyes. It won't crease up, and it works just as well as the original primer for shadows. I haven't used it with bright, non-shimmery colors, but I don't think it would interfere with any colors. UDPP packaging isn't the best, but you really have to cut open the bottle when you think it's gone. There is a ton of primer in there that you can scoop into a little jar.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2009 2:23:00 PM More reviews by MMDiva

I love this primer. The shimmery look enhances all of my mineral eyeshadows, plus it has great staying power. I do have original UDPP in case I come across issues with darker pigmented shadows, but so far no concerns. Love to wear it alone, too. Would definitely recommend...and a tip...when the bottle is empty and you can't get out any more product, if you take a pliers and remove the clear ring at the top, you can get to the tons of product at the bottom of the tube :).

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2009 1:52:00 PM More reviews by verbena330

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my 1st review on MUA. After reading so many reviews about the original UDPP, I went out, bought it, and loved it. So, I just had to try the Sin. Sorry to say, it just didn't work for me.

I tried to apply this as thinly as possible. But, it still made my eyelids look puckered and dimpled, the color was really lovely but a little too shimmery, and I couldn't get my eyeliner to apply smoothly on top of it. Also, I couldn't get this to work under my lower lashline like the original UDPP.

The real kicker was after about the 5th time I used it and put the wand back in the bottle the product started oozing out the top, what a waste. I did not pump the wand in the bottle and this hasn't happed with the original UDPP. I am wondering if I received a defective product. I had it shipped and it has been very cold in the midwest so it might be possible that the drastic temperature changes (freezing and thawing) affected the product.

Well, I took the bottle to Sephora and showed the SA and she let the manager have a look at it, and they were in agreement that something was wrong with it. I would have been willing to try another but that particular Sephora doesn't carry it yet. So, I exchanged it for the original UDPP and now I have a back-up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2009 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Chrysantza

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really, really wish that UD would package this in a squeeze tube or at least a bottle that didn't trap too much product. That said, this is HG! I like it better even than the original UDPP. It's great for days when I don't feel like putting on eyeshadow. The color is a subtle shimmery champagne beige, not too yellow for my cool-toned PPP skintone. And, of course, it does the same terrific job as the original UDPP at keeping my eyeshadow crease-free and non-melty throughout the whole day. I am definitely stocking up!

ETA 2/06: I applied UDPP Sin at 6 AM this morning (what can I say, I'm an early riser) and MAC e/s pigment in Pinked Mauve on my lids. Here it is over 11 hours later and my eye makeup is fresh as a daisy! No creases, no smudges, no powder speckling my cheeks, NOTHING but smooth e/s and shimmery Sin tint. Plus the Sin spared me from having to apply a second color to my browbone, thus cutting down on my makeup time. If I could give this wonderful stuff 10 lippies I would!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2009 9:15:00 PM More reviews by smallpuppy

I LOVE IT!!! The shimmery color makes my eyehadow look amazing! I will definately repurchase! I like this one better than the original.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2009 5:23:00 PM More reviews by rinstarangel

As a recent UDPP addict and a Sephora Beauty Insider, I just had to try this when it came out. I love it! It has the same great non-creasing holding power as the original UDPP, but with the added bonus of a shimmery color, which is great for lazy days. Some may not like it for the fact that it has color, as it doesn't look right with all e/s, but it works as a great base for neutral/brown/earthy colors.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2009 1:35:00 PM More reviews by SoontobeMrsC

Love the original so I was excited for this one. I am enjoying it now but don't think I would buy it again over the original because the color is a tiny bit too dark for me. It would be perfect if it were a little more pink or peach than brown in tone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2009 11:05:00 PM More reviews by melzie_fire

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have fallen away from wearing eye shadow. In general, it's more trouble than it's worth for me and I don't take the time to do it in the morning before work. This new UDPP in Sin is so convenient and pretty that it has put me back on the eyeshadow bandwagon. Yes, it's frosty, but for me, it works. So far I've worn it once by itself and once with some darker brown shadow over it and I have been pleased. Staying power is awesome. Will repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2009 3:40:00 PM More reviews by Duffy0825

I also seem to be in the minority with this one. It's way too pearly/frosty for me, and I don't think it holds my eyeshadow as well as the original. It also seems to make my regular shadows change in tone too much - some appear darker, some browner. I was sooo excited about this, but now am bummed. But, like any other product, you won't know until you try!