Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Sin

3.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trihydroxystearin, Triethylhexanoin, Isopropyl Lanolate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Propylene Carbonate, Phenoxyethanol, Cera Alba (Synthetic Beeswax), Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Methicone, Isobutylparaben May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride) (VEGAN)

on 2/18/2009 9:09:00 AM

So I bought this off of eBay (Sephora doesn't sell UD in the Netherlands...) and received it 2 days ago. It applies very smoothly and the color (champagne-ish) is great. Up till now, I only used it without any shadow or other powder over it, and after a few hours it starts creasing... So I guess you'll have to 'set' it with a shadow to prevent the creasing. Another downside is that once again, Urban Decay put it in that awfully inconventient bottle.

I don't think it has any more value over the original, so I don't think I'll be buying this again and I'll just stick with the original UDPP.

on 2/17/2009 5:54:00 PM

As usual the packaging for this item sucks. I should not have to risk cutting off my fingers just to get the product out. That said, I still decided to buy this since I loved the color. UDPP in Sin is just as great as the original UDPP & the extra shimmer is a nice touch. My eyeshadow lasts all day & looks great when i get home at night. Despite my disdain for the bottle I'll most likely still keep buying unless I can find something identical to this in better packaging.

I love the new UDPP in SIN! Not only can you use it as a Primer but also as a Shadow alone. The Color is beyond Gorgeous! And I am so tired of hearing about the bottle packaging! I truly belive that when you cut it open it's just extra product mine last for ever and cutting it open makes it last even more! So please if you don't like the packaging don't buy it! And Please UD DON'T CHANGE THE BOTTLE I LOVE IT!

on 2/16/2009 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I loveloveloveLOVE this stuff! The color? Perfection. It really brings out lighter colored eye shadow. Only complaint: the gorgeous bottle makes it hard to really get your "money's worth".

on 2/16/2009 5:19:00 PM

Love Love this! I am a avid Urban Decay usesr *no matter what* and I follow most of their products, and this one was a A+. I love that I can slop this on alone if I want, and that if used as a base has a lovely color in it! I think the staying power is a little better too! Way to go, UD! :)

on 2/16/2009 10:02:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Though I have the original, and use it, this is much better for me. I always feel like the original is a little too matte for my liking, and when it dries I often have trouble blending my e/s. Also, the color just isn't super flattering on my skintone. This one is beautiful on me, allows me to blend, and provides a built-in subtle highlight along the brow bone when I forget, which for whatever reason, I often do. I do think this softens the color of shadows, another plus for me because I can overdo it. If you really love the original, you might get this as an addition, but see if you can try it first, as it does have some rather large differences. If, like me, you are on the ambivalant side on the original, this may be the one you were waiting for. I doubt I will buy the first one ever again. And, lastly, the lippy off is strictly for the much villified bottle. Why don't they listen to the people who buy thier products??? It's insulting.

on 2/15/2009 9:08:00 PM

*PICS*
Great addition to the Urban Decay Primer Potion family. Described as "shimmering champagne" and it's accurate. Great color payoff and smooth, fluffy texture. One downside to this product is the packaging. The UDPP Sin is in the same type of packaging as the orignal UDPP, but for some reason this product oozes out of the container every time I use it. I only use this primer with my warm-tone eye shadows, but it's a good addition to my collection nevertheless.

Swatch on MAC C1 skin tone:
continued >>

on 2/14/2009 5:15:00 PM

I wasn't even interested in this product when it came out, but I went to Sephora yesterday and swatched it, and it's GORGEOUS. I bought it, and I LOVE itttt....i like using it on its own, because you can just slap it on...throw a colour in the crease if you wish, and look done up.

on 2/11/2009 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love the original matte Primer Potion so i had to try this. Same price, $16 and same bad genie type bottle that "hides" half the product. Definately has to be cut open towards the end. But anyhow. This is a soft shimmery beige. The more you use, the darker/truer the color gets. Overall, i like this. Holds shadow very well with the slight shimmer to it. For a true shadow base, i do prefer the original. But this works almost as well. the heavier you layer this the more likely it is too crease. does crease slightly. i think the original works better but i would repurchase.

on 2/11/2009 4:18:00 PM

After using the original for quite some time, I decided to pick this one up to try it out. So far I am loving it. Definitely this is not for you if you aren't a fan of shimmer, but luckily I'm a nut for shimmer.
Other than the fact that it is coloured, and shimmery, I had yet to notice any other difference from the original. It seems to hold my shadows equally well.
Of course the main problems with this is the packaging. I am so not looking forward to depotting this later one :T It's never a fun experience.

Video Reviews & Tutorials