Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Sin

3.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trihydroxystearin, Triethylhexanoin, Isopropyl Lanolate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Propylene Carbonate, Phenoxyethanol, Cera Alba (Synthetic Beeswax), Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Methicone, Isobutylparaben May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride) (VEGAN)

on 2/26/2009 3:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product creased on me(i dont know if its because the MUA put to much on me when she did my makeover). The color is prettty, but it kind of reminds me of one of my paint pots that I already own. As far as packaging goes, I really didn't pay too much attention to that(just wanted to try the product out).

on 2/23/2009 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

The original UDPP is my HG for every aspect of eye makeup application and lasting-power. That stuff is incredible! If you want and need lasting power on oily lids it is the ultimate. That said, this stuff comes in second as far as contributing to eye makeup lasting power. I don't think it sets my makeup quite as insanely perfectly, but for all of my purposes it still does a bang up job and I looooove the gentle shimmer. I just use this and black/brown eyeliner and I feel like my whole look is complete. It's so pretty with eyeliner over it and subtley blended in. Very lovely color. I would want this just as an eyeshadow alone, but the fact that it is a UDPP means it's totally awesome.

However, I also think that if you are deciding between the original and this one, buy the original and just put some lightly shimmery eyeshadow over it. It will be about the same effect. There is a touch of dewiness to this Sin formulation though and I like it. The original is more dry. Hope this review is helpful!

on 2/23/2009 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This sin primer potion is awesome. I have light/medium skin and it goes on with just a slight pink shimmer (well, a lot of shimmer, a little pink). It is great alone as a neutral-ish shadow or layered with other colors. I esp like it with deep shimmery purples.
It does not seem to last on my lids quite as long as the original primer potion but maybe that is just because I have been wearing it alone without shadows over it.
It is not the same shade as the "sin" eyeshadow. I think it is a little less shimmery and less pink.
Absolutely glad I purchased this!

This comes off as a champagne color on my MMM eyelids...I use this more as a e/s than primer potion though. Also, some say this creases more than the original so I have to see about that. It's not as gold champagne as I would have liked...but it's a nice every day color that lasts.
Edited: this is way too frosty.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

As others have said, the color is touted as a shimmery champagne. Strangely it comes off an almost mauvy-beige on me, but I like the color, so no complaints there. As a primer, I find this creases like mad on me, unlike the original. This creases on me within an hour, but with the original I can easily go 6 hours before it shows any signs of creasing. All in all it's nice worn with black liner, but as a primer I'll stick to the original.

on 2/19/2009 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Of course the packaging blows. If you rip out the little white plastic thing that keeps the wand from moving side to side you won't have to slice the bottle in half. I love it, I'm hooked. I went out and bought a second tube. I hope they come out with more colors. The shimmering champagne color is very pretty, but a little different from the actual e/s sin. The e/s Sin is a little more pinkish silver on my skin, so I was pleasantly surprised when this stuff was showed up a pretty warm champagne on my lids. This stuff looks awesome alone with a simple black cat eyeliner. It also looks great under Sphynx cream shadow.

I love this. I love how shimmery it is. My eyeshadow and eyeliner did not crease just like they do not crease when I use the UDPP. My only problem is of course the packaging. It's a waste, but I've mastered busting the bottle open and storing it in a jar.

on 2/19/2009 4:02:00 AM

crappy packaging as we all know
i'm a girl in the minority who returned the original UDPP. it just didnt work for me. this was appealing though bc i figured even if everything disappeared i'd still have pretty champagne colored eyeshadow
well thats pretty much how it worked out.
my shadow and liner didnt crease, but it did fade - as much as if i didn't use this.
why am i the only one this happens to?!?!
i still use this product out of habit. for me it is just like a first layer of shimmery color.

on 2/18/2009 9:09:00 AM

So I bought this off of eBay (Sephora doesn't sell UD in the Netherlands...) and received it 2 days ago. It applies very smoothly and the color (champagne-ish) is great. Up till now, I only used it without any shadow or other powder over it, and after a few hours it starts creasing... So I guess you'll have to 'set' it with a shadow to prevent the creasing. Another downside is that once again, Urban Decay put it in that awfully inconventient bottle.

I don't think it has any more value over the original, so I don't think I'll be buying this again and I'll just stick with the original UDPP.

on 2/17/2009 5:54:00 PM

As usual the packaging for this item sucks. I should not have to risk cutting off my fingers just to get the product out. That said, I still decided to buy this since I loved the color. UDPP in Sin is just as great as the original UDPP & the extra shimmer is a nice touch. My eyeshadow lasts all day & looks great when i get home at night. Despite my disdain for the bottle I'll most likely still keep buying unless I can find something identical to this in better packaging.

Video Reviews & Tutorials