Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Sin

3.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trihydroxystearin, Triethylhexanoin, Isopropyl Lanolate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Propylene Carbonate, Phenoxyethanol, Cera Alba (Synthetic Beeswax), Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Methicone, Isobutylparaben May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride) (VEGAN)

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

As others have said, the color is touted as a shimmery champagne. Strangely it comes off an almost mauvy-beige on me, but I like the color, so no complaints there. As a primer, I find this creases like mad on me, unlike the original. This creases on me within an hour, but with the original I can easily go 6 hours before it shows any signs of creasing. All in all it's nice worn with black liner, but as a primer I'll stick to the original.

on 2/19/2009 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Of course the packaging blows. If you rip out the little white plastic thing that keeps the wand from moving side to side you won't have to slice the bottle in half. I love it, I'm hooked. I went out and bought a second tube. I hope they come out with more colors. The shimmering champagne color is very pretty, but a little different from the actual e/s sin. The e/s Sin is a little more pinkish silver on my skin, so I was pleasantly surprised when this stuff was showed up a pretty warm champagne on my lids. This stuff looks awesome alone with a simple black cat eyeliner. It also looks great under Sphynx cream shadow.

I love this. I love how shimmery it is. My eyeshadow and eyeliner did not crease just like they do not crease when I use the UDPP. My only problem is of course the packaging. It's a waste, but I've mastered busting the bottle open and storing it in a jar.

on 2/19/2009 4:02:00 AM

crappy packaging as we all know
i'm a girl in the minority who returned the original UDPP. it just didnt work for me. this was appealing though bc i figured even if everything disappeared i'd still have pretty champagne colored eyeshadow
well thats pretty much how it worked out.
my shadow and liner didnt crease, but it did fade - as much as if i didn't use this.
why am i the only one this happens to?!?!
i still use this product out of habit. for me it is just like a first layer of shimmery color.

on 2/18/2009 9:09:00 AM

So I bought this off of eBay (Sephora doesn't sell UD in the Netherlands...) and received it 2 days ago. It applies very smoothly and the color (champagne-ish) is great. Up till now, I only used it without any shadow or other powder over it, and after a few hours it starts creasing... So I guess you'll have to 'set' it with a shadow to prevent the creasing. Another downside is that once again, Urban Decay put it in that awfully inconventient bottle.

I don't think it has any more value over the original, so I don't think I'll be buying this again and I'll just stick with the original UDPP.

on 2/17/2009 5:54:00 PM

As usual the packaging for this item sucks. I should not have to risk cutting off my fingers just to get the product out. That said, I still decided to buy this since I loved the color. UDPP in Sin is just as great as the original UDPP & the extra shimmer is a nice touch. My eyeshadow lasts all day & looks great when i get home at night. Despite my disdain for the bottle I'll most likely still keep buying unless I can find something identical to this in better packaging.

I love the new UDPP in SIN! Not only can you use it as a Primer but also as a Shadow alone. The Color is beyond Gorgeous! And I am so tired of hearing about the bottle packaging! I truly belive that when you cut it open it's just extra product mine last for ever and cutting it open makes it last even more! So please if you don't like the packaging don't buy it! And Please UD DON'T CHANGE THE BOTTLE I LOVE IT!

on 2/16/2009 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I loveloveloveLOVE this stuff! The color? Perfection. It really brings out lighter colored eye shadow. Only complaint: the gorgeous bottle makes it hard to really get your "money's worth".

on 2/16/2009 5:19:00 PM

Love Love this! I am a avid Urban Decay usesr *no matter what* and I follow most of their products, and this one was a A+. I love that I can slop this on alone if I want, and that if used as a base has a lovely color in it! I think the staying power is a little better too! Way to go, UD! :)

on 2/16/2009 10:02:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Though I have the original, and use it, this is much better for me. I always feel like the original is a little too matte for my liking, and when it dries I often have trouble blending my e/s. Also, the color just isn't super flattering on my skintone. This one is beautiful on me, allows me to blend, and provides a built-in subtle highlight along the brow bone when I forget, which for whatever reason, I often do. I do think this softens the color of shadows, another plus for me because I can overdo it. If you really love the original, you might get this as an addition, but see if you can try it first, as it does have some rather large differences. If, like me, you are on the ambivalant side on the original, this may be the one you were waiting for. I doubt I will buy the first one ever again. And, lastly, the lippy off is strictly for the much villified bottle. Why don't they listen to the people who buy thier products??? It's insulting.

Video Reviews & Tutorials