Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Sin

3.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trihydroxystearin, Triethylhexanoin, Isopropyl Lanolate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Propylene Carbonate, Phenoxyethanol, Cera Alba (Synthetic Beeswax), Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Methicone, Isobutylparaben May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride) (VEGAN)

on 2/23/2009 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This sin primer potion is awesome. I have light/medium skin and it goes on with just a slight pink shimmer (well, a lot of shimmer, a little pink). It is great alone as a neutral-ish shadow or layered with other colors. I esp like it with deep shimmery purples.
It does not seem to last on my lids quite as long as the original primer potion but maybe that is just because I have been wearing it alone without shadows over it.
It is not the same shade as the "sin" eyeshadow. I think it is a little less shimmery and less pink.
Absolutely glad I purchased this!

This comes off as a champagne color on my MMM eyelids...I use this more as a e/s than primer potion though. Also, some say this creases more than the original so I have to see about that. It's not as gold champagne as I would have liked...but it's a nice every day color that lasts.
Edited: this is way too frosty.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

As others have said, the color is touted as a shimmery champagne. Strangely it comes off an almost mauvy-beige on me, but I like the color, so no complaints there. As a primer, I find this creases like mad on me, unlike the original. This creases on me within an hour, but with the original I can easily go 6 hours before it shows any signs of creasing. All in all it's nice worn with black liner, but as a primer I'll stick to the original.

on 2/19/2009 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Of course the packaging blows. If you rip out the little white plastic thing that keeps the wand from moving side to side you won't have to slice the bottle in half. I love it, I'm hooked. I went out and bought a second tube. I hope they come out with more colors. The shimmering champagne color is very pretty, but a little different from the actual e/s sin. The e/s Sin is a little more pinkish silver on my skin, so I was pleasantly surprised when this stuff was showed up a pretty warm champagne on my lids. This stuff looks awesome alone with a simple black cat eyeliner. It also looks great under Sphynx cream shadow.

I love this. I love how shimmery it is. My eyeshadow and eyeliner did not crease just like they do not crease when I use the UDPP. My only problem is of course the packaging. It's a waste, but I've mastered busting the bottle open and storing it in a jar.

on 2/19/2009 4:02:00 AM

crappy packaging as we all know
i'm a girl in the minority who returned the original UDPP. it just didnt work for me. this was appealing though bc i figured even if everything disappeared i'd still have pretty champagne colored eyeshadow
well thats pretty much how it worked out.
my shadow and liner didnt crease, but it did fade - as much as if i didn't use this.
why am i the only one this happens to?!?!
i still use this product out of habit. for me it is just like a first layer of shimmery color.

on 2/18/2009 9:09:00 AM

So I bought this off of eBay (Sephora doesn't sell UD in the Netherlands...) and received it 2 days ago. It applies very smoothly and the color (champagne-ish) is great. Up till now, I only used it without any shadow or other powder over it, and after a few hours it starts creasing... So I guess you'll have to 'set' it with a shadow to prevent the creasing. Another downside is that once again, Urban Decay put it in that awfully inconventient bottle.

I don't think it has any more value over the original, so I don't think I'll be buying this again and I'll just stick with the original UDPP.

on 2/17/2009 5:54:00 PM

As usual the packaging for this item sucks. I should not have to risk cutting off my fingers just to get the product out. That said, I still decided to buy this since I loved the color. UDPP in Sin is just as great as the original UDPP & the extra shimmer is a nice touch. My eyeshadow lasts all day & looks great when i get home at night. Despite my disdain for the bottle I'll most likely still keep buying unless I can find something identical to this in better packaging.

I love the new UDPP in SIN! Not only can you use it as a Primer but also as a Shadow alone. The Color is beyond Gorgeous! And I am so tired of hearing about the bottle packaging! I truly belive that when you cut it open it's just extra product mine last for ever and cutting it open makes it last even more! So please if you don't like the packaging don't buy it! And Please UD DON'T CHANGE THE BOTTLE I LOVE IT!

on 2/16/2009 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I loveloveloveLOVE this stuff! The color? Perfection. It really brings out lighter colored eye shadow. Only complaint: the gorgeous bottle makes it hard to really get your "money's worth".

Video Reviews & Tutorials