December 19, 2014 | 1440 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Sin

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2009 9:08:00 PM More reviews by Supa

*PICS*
Great addition to the Urban Decay Primer Potion family. Described as "shimmering champagne" and it's accurate. Great color payoff and smooth, fluffy texture. One downside to this product is the packaging. The UDPP Sin is in the same type of packaging as the orignal UDPP, but for some reason this product oozes out of the container every time I use it. I only use this primer with my warm-tone eye shadows, but it's a good addition to my collection nevertheless.

Swatch on MAC C1 skin tone:
continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2009 5:15:00 PM More reviews by ghostieboo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I wasn't even interested in this product when it came out, but I went to Sephora yesterday and swatched it, and it's GORGEOUS. I bought it, and I LOVE itttt....i like using it on its own, because you can just slap it on...throw a colour in the crease if you wish, and look done up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2009 5:49:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the original matte Primer Potion so i had to try this. Same price, $16 and same bad genie type bottle that "hides" half the product. Definately has to be cut open towards the end. But anyhow. This is a soft shimmery beige. The more you use, the darker/truer the color gets. Overall, i like this. Holds shadow very well with the slight shimmer to it. For a true shadow base, i do prefer the original. But this works almost as well. the heavier you layer this the more likely it is too crease. does crease slightly. i think the original works better but i would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2009 4:18:00 PM More reviews by bluebyul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After using the original for quite some time, I decided to pick this one up to try it out. So far I am loving it. Definitely this is not for you if you aren't a fan of shimmer, but luckily I'm a nut for shimmer.
Other than the fact that it is coloured, and shimmery, I had yet to notice any other difference from the original. It seems to hold my shadows equally well.
Of course the main problems with this is the packaging. I am so not looking forward to depotting this later one :T It's never a fun experience.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2009 1:53:00 PM More reviews by hollyr27

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love that this product actually works. I had no creasing and my eyeshadow didn't end up under my eyes after a full day at work. In fact, my eye makeup looked absolutely perfect after 12 hours. That was really impressive as I tend to have oily lids. However, the packaging could be better. The product itself is very thick and it is sometimes difficult to get it out with the wand. This also unfortunately leads to some uneveness of application. It would be much better if this stuff came in a tube so you could gauge home much you are actually getting versus hit and miss with the wand. I am still on my first tube but as the packaging is solid, you can't tell how much is left in the bottle... another downside. The product does work, it is sort of expensive but I have not found anything that works as well at keeping my eye makeup look like I just put it on. Even on a hot Southern California day, my makeup didn't run and stayed fresh. I will definitely purchase this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2009 1:28:00 PM More reviews by jojo4411

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading such good things about the original UDPP, i decided to go out and buy it. When I got to the counter the salesperson recommended this instead, i bought it. I got it home and tried it out, and i was disappointed. I actually makes my eyeshadow less vibrant than if i were to use any other primer, or even on bare skin. The glitter is too much, it overpowers some shades and it is too dark for my fair skintone. I will not repurchase, but i think i will still try the original version!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2009 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Nikki16519

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is so pretty on its own. It leaves a shimmery glow that really can work on its own if you are short in time and want a little something on your eyes. It won't crease up, and it works just as well as the original primer for shadows. I haven't used it with bright, non-shimmery colors, but I don't think it would interfere with any colors. UDPP packaging isn't the best, but you really have to cut open the bottle when you think it's gone. There is a ton of primer in there that you can scoop into a little jar.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2009 2:23:00 PM More reviews by MMDiva

I love this primer. The shimmery look enhances all of my mineral eyeshadows, plus it has great staying power. I do have original UDPP in case I come across issues with darker pigmented shadows, but so far no concerns. Love to wear it alone, too. Would definitely recommend...and a tip...when the bottle is empty and you can't get out any more product, if you take a pliers and remove the clear ring at the top, you can get to the tons of product at the bottom of the tube :).

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2009 1:52:00 PM More reviews by verbena330

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my 1st review on MUA. After reading so many reviews about the original UDPP, I went out, bought it, and loved it. So, I just had to try the Sin. Sorry to say, it just didn't work for me.

I tried to apply this as thinly as possible. But, it still made my eyelids look puckered and dimpled, the color was really lovely but a little too shimmery, and I couldn't get my eyeliner to apply smoothly on top of it. Also, I couldn't get this to work under my lower lashline like the original UDPP.

The real kicker was after about the 5th time I used it and put the wand back in the bottle the product started oozing out the top, what a waste. I did not pump the wand in the bottle and this hasn't happed with the original UDPP. I am wondering if I received a defective product. I had it shipped and it has been very cold in the midwest so it might be possible that the drastic temperature changes (freezing and thawing) affected the product.

Well, I took the bottle to Sephora and showed the SA and she let the manager have a look at it, and they were in agreement that something was wrong with it. I would have been willing to try another but that particular Sephora doesn't carry it yet. So, I exchanged it for the original UDPP and now I have a back-up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2009 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Chrysantza

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really, really wish that UD would package this in a squeeze tube or at least a bottle that didn't trap too much product. That said, this is HG! I like it better even than the original UDPP. It's great for days when I don't feel like putting on eyeshadow. The color is a subtle shimmery champagne beige, not too yellow for my cool-toned PPP skintone. And, of course, it does the same terrific job as the original UDPP at keeping my eyeshadow crease-free and non-melty throughout the whole day. I am definitely stocking up!

ETA 2/06: I applied UDPP Sin at 6 AM this morning (what can I say, I'm an early riser) and MAC e/s pigment in Pinked Mauve on my lids. Here it is over 11 hours later and my eye makeup is fresh as a daisy! No creases, no smudges, no powder speckling my cheeks, NOTHING but smooth e/s and shimmery Sin tint. Plus the Sin spared me from having to apply a second color to my browbone, thus cutting down on my makeup time. If I could give this wonderful stuff 10 lippies I would!