January 28, 2015 | 1961 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Sin

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2009 2:10:00 PM More reviews by Superkawaii21

I love the new UDPP in SIN! Not only can you use it as a Primer but also as a Shadow alone. The Color is beyond Gorgeous! And I am so tired of hearing about the bottle packaging! I truly belive that when you cut it open it's just extra product mine last for ever and cutting it open makes it last even more! So please if you don't like the packaging don't buy it! And Please UD DON'T CHANGE THE BOTTLE I LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2009 10:48:00 PM More reviews by Stepha3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I loveloveloveLOVE this stuff! The color? Perfection. It really brings out lighter colored eye shadow. Only complaint: the gorgeous bottle makes it hard to really get your "money's worth".

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2009 5:19:00 PM More reviews by cyncord4

Love Love this! I am a avid Urban Decay usesr *no matter what* and I follow most of their products, and this one was a A+. I love that I can slop this on alone if I want, and that if used as a base has a lovely color in it! I think the staying power is a little better too! Way to go, UD! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2009 10:02:00 AM More reviews by kimball

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Though I have the original, and use it, this is much better for me. I always feel like the original is a little too matte for my liking, and when it dries I often have trouble blending my e/s. Also, the color just isn't super flattering on my skintone. This one is beautiful on me, allows me to blend, and provides a built-in subtle highlight along the brow bone when I forget, which for whatever reason, I often do. I do think this softens the color of shadows, another plus for me because I can overdo it. If you really love the original, you might get this as an addition, but see if you can try it first, as it does have some rather large differences. If, like me, you are on the ambivalant side on the original, this may be the one you were waiting for. I doubt I will buy the first one ever again. And, lastly, the lippy off is strictly for the much villified bottle. Why don't they listen to the people who buy thier products??? It's insulting.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2009 9:08:00 PM More reviews by Supa

*PICS*
Great addition to the Urban Decay Primer Potion family. Described as "shimmering champagne" and it's accurate. Great color payoff and smooth, fluffy texture. One downside to this product is the packaging. The UDPP Sin is in the same type of packaging as the orignal UDPP, but for some reason this product oozes out of the container every time I use it. I only use this primer with my warm-tone eye shadows, but it's a good addition to my collection nevertheless.

Swatch on MAC C1 skin tone:
continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2009 5:15:00 PM More reviews by ghostieboo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I wasn't even interested in this product when it came out, but I went to Sephora yesterday and swatched it, and it's GORGEOUS. I bought it, and I LOVE itttt....i like using it on its own, because you can just slap it on...throw a colour in the crease if you wish, and look done up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2009 5:49:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the original matte Primer Potion so i had to try this. Same price, $16 and same bad genie type bottle that "hides" half the product. Definately has to be cut open towards the end. But anyhow. This is a soft shimmery beige. The more you use, the darker/truer the color gets. Overall, i like this. Holds shadow very well with the slight shimmer to it. For a true shadow base, i do prefer the original. But this works almost as well. the heavier you layer this the more likely it is too crease. does crease slightly. i think the original works better but i would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2009 4:18:00 PM More reviews by bluebyul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After using the original for quite some time, I decided to pick this one up to try it out. So far I am loving it. Definitely this is not for you if you aren't a fan of shimmer, but luckily I'm a nut for shimmer.
Other than the fact that it is coloured, and shimmery, I had yet to notice any other difference from the original. It seems to hold my shadows equally well.
Of course the main problems with this is the packaging. I am so not looking forward to depotting this later one :T It's never a fun experience.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2009 1:53:00 PM More reviews by hollyr27

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love that this product actually works. I had no creasing and my eyeshadow didn't end up under my eyes after a full day at work. In fact, my eye makeup looked absolutely perfect after 12 hours. That was really impressive as I tend to have oily lids. However, the packaging could be better. The product itself is very thick and it is sometimes difficult to get it out with the wand. This also unfortunately leads to some uneveness of application. It would be much better if this stuff came in a tube so you could gauge home much you are actually getting versus hit and miss with the wand. I am still on my first tube but as the packaging is solid, you can't tell how much is left in the bottle... another downside. The product does work, it is sort of expensive but I have not found anything that works as well at keeping my eye makeup look like I just put it on. Even on a hot Southern California day, my makeup didn't run and stayed fresh. I will definitely purchase this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2009 1:28:00 PM More reviews by jojo4411

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading such good things about the original UDPP, i decided to go out and buy it. When I got to the counter the salesperson recommended this instead, i bought it. I got it home and tried it out, and i was disappointed. I actually makes my eyeshadow less vibrant than if i were to use any other primer, or even on bare skin. The glitter is too much, it overpowers some shades and it is too dark for my fair skintone. I will not repurchase, but i think i will still try the original version!