Moroccanoil Moroccan Oil

4.1

Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil (Argan Oil), Parfum (Fragrance), Linseed (Linum Usitatissimum) Extract, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 47000 (Yellow 11).

on 2/18/2011 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This product is okay. That's all I can say really.
The Pros?
- It does make my hair dry faster, probably takes 2/3 of time to blow dry now.

Cons?
- don't really see any decrease in frizziness (I have thick wavy bleach blonde hair)
- It doesnt really make my hair look healthier
- No matter how much I use my never feels greasy... but also hardly feels moisturised! My hair still feels dryish even after using a HEAP of this stuff.
- The glass bottle means you have to be so careful not to drop/knock it over
- I don't feel it provides thermal protection either

lol now I think about it I don't really like this product, except it makes my hair dry quicker, honestly I have used better products which I literally bought for 1/5 of the price of this stuff.

But I have heard SO many people say it works for them, *sigh* lucky girls... I wish this had worked for me... maybe try a sample size before you go and spend $50 on the whole bottle.

xx

on 2/17/2011 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product is amazing! I have used BioSilk for years, but I will never go back. Not only does my hair have more shine, but it's easier to style and I swear my color hasn't changed since I got highlights a few months ago.

One warning- DO NOT USE TOO MUCH! I have long, thick, wavy hair and I use about a dime size amount.
Also, apply only to the ends of your hair and as you style the oill will work its way up the hair. I find that my hair looks oily if I put it even two inches from my roots.

The only thing I wish was different about this bottle is the packaging. I really wish it was in a pump because I'm always scared I'm going to knock it off the counter and lose all that expensive product.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Oh my God the SMELL! Amazing!
The oil itself somehow helps my hair dry faster without weighing it down or making it look greasy.
Can't say much about how well it helps damaged hair because mine isn't in bad shape to begin with, but it does make it feel nice.
Really expensive though. I stopped using it because its all silicones!

on 2/16/2011 7:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

BE WARNED, THIS PRODUCT IS FULL OF SILICONE JUST LIKE CHEAP SUPERMARKET HAIR PRODUCTS!, thats how it makes it instantly smooth although it DOES make a wonderful smoothing serum as soon as you wash it out your hair goes back to how it was, i dont kno if it has enough argan oil to nourish your hair.i felt very mislead when i read the ingredients.

Amazing!!! Best hair product ever!

on 2/15/2011 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This product is AMAZING!!!! I have been using this for about three years and I don't see myself w/o it. It is lightweight and moisturizes like a dream. FYI I also get the raw Argan oil straight from Morocco when my husband returns from visiting his parents. The organic version is much richer and thicker and I use it as a hot oil treatment, whereas this industrialized version is more suitable as a leave in. I use a quarter size amount for my mid back length hair focusing it on the tips. My hair turns out very shiny and healthy looking w/o weighing it down. Highly, highly recommend this product. Yes it is pricey, but all the cents worth it. The regular size bottle lasts me over a year so it is not that bad when you think of all the use you get out of it.

There was/is SO much hype about this product, but I think there are better oils out there! This one smells SO AMAZING and it really helps your hair dry faster, but this didn't make my hair feel luscious the way the Joico K-Pak Styling Oil did! Beware, this can make you break out! Wash your hands after you use this! This product didn't hydrate nor strengthen my hair, I didn't really like this, but the scent is pleasant :)

on 2/15/2011 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I hate to rain on the Moroccan Oil parade, but I could just not make this product work for me. I received a sample size vial of this from my hair stylist several months ago and he suggested that I use about a quarter-size amount for my hair length, type and texture (shoulder-length, naturally curly and coarse). I did just that, felt that it was a little too much for my hair and started to experiment with decreasing the amount. While I like the incredible shine this added, I felt that no matter how little I used, it was heavy in my hair and actually weighed my curls down. I also found that this made my hair maybe a little too soft as I would have terrible static flyaways all over my head. I am also writing this review because I wanted to clarify a possible misconception about something a previous reviewer wrote about the "light" version of Moroccan Oil. I too was thinking that this was just a lighter version of the original and that it might work a little better for me, but my hair stylist explained to me that the light version is actually for people with very fine and/or light-colored hair. He said that the original version tends to be too heavy for people with very fine hair and that it can darken light-colored hair. Therefore, the same product with a lighter consistency and color was created. Since it seems both the original and light version will not work for me, Moroccan Oil will not make it to my list of things to purchase.

on 2/14/2011 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I'm a product junkie and have tried most things on the market, and this by far is the best treatment I've come across for damaged ends. It really is a miracle worker and has stopped me from always looking for something better, because I really don't think there is any other product that can compare to this.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I will only use this product for the rest of my life. It is that good. I am not even interested in trying anything else. I would pay 200 dollars for a bottle, and yes I am completely serious.

I have platinum blonde DAMAGED hair, dry, frizzy, everything that is awful about hair. When I apply this, my hair becomes soft, shiny, glossy, kind of like 'Barbie' hair. I look like I'm in a hair ad. People are always telling me I have gorgeous hair. This is before they see the hot mess that I am before I put on Moroccan Oil.

I use this along with the Kiehl's Aragan Oil shampoo and conditoner and the results are amazing. After using this for 2 or 3 months now, I can actually see that the texture and quality of my hair has improved.

Please, please try this. It will be the best hair choice you have ever made!

UPDATE: Just a heads up, after daily use, I have found that it is almost necessary to use a weekly detox shampoo with this as it does cause some nasty build up that left my hair limp and 'gross'. It is still a fabulous product, but I'm alternating between this and the Fekkai glossing creme.

Top Rated Moroccanoil Products