August 22, 2014 | 951 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2008 1:43:00 AM More reviews by hotdot2122

This is my FAVORITE face highlighter ever! Its a gorgeous champagne color that gives the best glow I've ever seen without looking glittery or chalky --like what I get from the mineralize skin finish duos' highlighting side, which i thought was good but this blew it out of the water! Its got a nice golden glow. I apply it with my mini MAC kabuki brush right on the tops of my cheekbones and viola!! instant glow! So glad this is permanent. i wanted to wait a while to buy it because there kind of expensive and i knew I could get it any time but I just could not resist. When you pair this with so ceylon--you get the best highlight and contour duo EVER>.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2008 3:53:00 PM More reviews by iamgrape1119

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh, soft and gentle, how I love thee! You are so glowy and buttery soft. It feels like a dream when I put you on with my MAC 187, and there you go, working your magic. You make complete strangers compliment my "Glow from within". I love you. Even though stupid MAC raised the price of MSF to $25, I will still buy you, again and again. You are not like Lightscapade, which casts whitish chalk-like sheen to my face, you are like a pinker/cooker version of Shimpagne. And the best part is: YOU ARE PERMANENT, so I don't have you hunt you down on ebay!! I love you~

25 out of 30 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2008 9:03:00 PM More reviews by erinallison

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my first MSF and I LOVE it. It gives a natural glow, it doesn't look like your face is greasy, it's perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2008 10:45:00 PM More reviews by Alegrias

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The only other msf I've tried is New Vegas and I like this one A LOT more! I asked the MUA at Mac for one w/out a lot of veining b/c I've read that the more veining, the more glittery it can be (the NV msf I have has a lot of veining and is very glittery). This goes on very smooth and evenly. I applied it with my 187 and a light sweep was all I needed. It gives my NC30 skin a very natural looking glow (which I find very difficult to do b/c I have yellow/olive undertones). I think Soft and Gentle would match most skin tones. I LOVE this msf and glad I chose this over So Ceylon, Petticoat or Gold Deposit.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2008 10:52:00 PM More reviews by treecatd

I purchased this today and love the color! It's like baby of Shimpgane MSF & Glissade MSF. The texture is very 'buttery' and when applied with a small kabuki gives skin a very nice glow with some shimmer . Even a light stroke over the dome deposited quite a large amount of product on the brush.However, applied with a skunk (187) it looks very natural without obvious shimmer.
Compared to Glissade- it just has the peachy parts without the bronze/rose that Glissade should have( i picked mine out to be w/o a lot of veining because i like to keep colors light) ..it almost looks like a natural version of Shimagne msf without the obvious silvery sheen. I personally don't think this is super unique & really MAC should have made another MSF permanent- but i guess since it's quite neutral it is a more marketable choice.
With Ceylon (the bronze MSF 2008 edt.) it looks really great. So Ceylon can be quite dark so i used this to tone it down a little bit and it looked like a natural 'kiss of sun'...I recently acquired some Laura Geller products and must say i prefer MAC's MSFs ! I'm happy that is is NOT LE! (:( .... HTHs anybody.

here are the swatches of the 2008 edition MSFs:
so ceylon, soft and gentle, petticoat

continued >>