September 2, 2014 | 1842 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Iconic High Definition Lash Curler Mascara

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2008 1:28:00 AM More reviews by makeupismagic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

WOW, this is the greatest mascara that I have ever bought. I was shopping around my local SDM beauty boutique and saw the display for this mascara. I'm generally a fan of the new rubber wand mascaras, so I figured I "might" just like this one. The brush looked and felt really nice, the tube is huge and so is the price tag ! I don't mind paying alot for a good product though. When I got it home, I washed of my old mascara, sat down and curled my lashes, as usual before applying mascara, then BAM, I couldn't believe it, MEGA LENGTH - HUGE - CURLED - SEPARATED - UBER BLACK - FANTASY LASHES. Oh yes, it is that good. I have medium length, straight, blonde lashes and this baby just blew them up to false proportions. I'm in mascara heaven. My hunt for the HG mascara has come to an end, of course I'll buy new ones that come out, I am a makeup junkie after all !!!!!! However, this will be the crowning glory in my mascara arsenal !! I highly recommend this fantastic mascara for any look you want to achieve.

UPDATE: DECEMBER 10, 2008

OMG, IT WAS TOSSED IN THE GARBAGE TODAY, CLUMP CITY. IT ACTUALLY STARTED TO PULL THE CURL OUT FROM MY LASH CURLER AND WARPED MY LASHES INTO WEIRD POSITIONS, A COMPLETE MESS. IT'S BEEN LIKE THIS FOR THE LAST WEEK, SO I CHANGE MY RATING TO A ONE, IF I COULD I WOULD GIVE IT A ZERO. WHAT AN EXPENSIVE MESS THIS TURNED OUT TO BE.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2008 3:55:00 AM More reviews by ickdragon

So funny story....

I just posted a scathing review of Dior Show the original mascara and here I am about to give glowing reviews to another Dior mascara. Perhaps a few months away from a product can change one's heart?

When I tried the original Dior Show, I swore up and down I would never in my life purchase another CD mascara. I went to Sephora about 3 weeks ago and spent way too much money. Among other things, I went to find a new mascara. I studied all of their brands, compared brushes and then wandered around the store while I pondered my decision.

I happened to walk by the Christian Dior section.

I saw this brush, with weird looking spirals, that looked really soft.

I started thinking that a soft brush would be nice on the eyelashes since the typical "hard spoolie" brush hurts if you accidentally poke yourself.

I tried to talk myself out of it since I remembered my other experience. Still, my little makeup voice inside of me kept saying "I think you should get. There's something about that brush..."

I left with Lancome's Hypnose and the CD DIorshow Iconic.

I returned the Lancome mascara a week later.

The Iconic brush is really, truly a dream mascara brush. It's bigger than normal, but not too big. It's nice and soft, with even separator grooves that make your lashes nice and lush when you apply. It's easy to layer a few coats, but best to do so when it's still wet. Once the application dries, it's on there until you take it off.

The only down fall is that this mascara is a bitch to take off. However, the upside of that is it wears really really well. I'm talking all day wear, without flakes and without curl drooping. I've even slept with it on and don't wake up with raccoon eyes the next morning.

Get yourself some good eye makeup remover and buy yourself some of this mascara!! Your lashes will be longer, larger and fake lash looking (in a good way!) than ever before!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2008 3:24:00 AM More reviews by Seraphic

It holds the curls and lasts through the day for me, volumize not so much, lengthen yes which my tiny little lashes require so this is my second choice mascara next the Chanel Exceptionnel.

EDIT: Okay so Chanel just stopped working for me and clumped like crazy (It wasn't even a month after I stopped using it when this started happening). This however is wonderful, always applies flawlessly and stays on all day.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2008 7:10:00 PM More reviews by Jmorton07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I much prefer the original, which is what I exchanged this for today. The results are nice, long feathery looking lashes, but it was really sticky. I like to curl my lashes once, apply one coat of mascara, then curl again and apply a second. I couldn't do the second curl because the mascara was so sticky that my lashes would literally stick to the curler. The brush also caused my lashes to clump. The results are about the same (I thought) as the original, but the original isn't sticky and doesn't clump. Oh, and this was really hard to get off too.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/25/2008 6:39:00 PM More reviews by kellykeiko

Didn't help much in the way of volumizing, it did lengthen a little though. My biggest complaint though is that it's practically water proof. It's impossible to get off, and if you smudge it on your skin it's over.
when taking it off it had this odd waxy feel to it.

I generally use Dior Show (which I love) and I would recommend it over this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2008 9:27:00 AM More reviews by phatsjunx

I ended up returning this product because it clumped way too much for me. I have short, sparse, asian lashes and I tried using this with and without shiseido mascara base but i wasn't very pleased with the results. It didn't give much volume or length for me. For this price, I was expecting more than what I get from drugstore brand mascaras.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2008 7:35:00 AM More reviews by swampduck

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't understand! I have short and sparse eyelashes and this brush was a nightmare to use! I ended up with it smudged above and below on my eyelids with clumpy caked on mascara on my lashes. I thought Diorshow was ok but this is not. I have tried most brands and spent a small fortune on mascara and would not return to this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2008 4:55:00 PM More reviews by gemmacruz16

If you have crappy, short, straight, asian lashes, then RUN and get this mascara. It really lengthens and thickens and gives you a false lashes look if your lashes are like mine. I still had to curl before and after with my Shu curler in order to get the curl to stay, but my non-existent lashes look amazing. This is probably not the mascara for you if you already have lashes, but if you are like me and have NOTHING but eyelid and little hairs, then this is the mascara for you!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2008 9:32:00 PM More reviews by classicsoul

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

WOW! Not feeling the love on this product. Took it back to Nordies today and get my old standby, the dried out Definicls. Oh well.

Can't justify the $30+ price tag for no lengthening and extreme smudging. Save your money. This is a joke.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2008 11:17:00 AM More reviews by luluhalabaloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is not a bad mascara, but really nothing fabulous. Yes, it does not irritate and yes I love the brush. It doesn't make a mess, it isn't goopy, and you can get into the tiniest lashes. Does it curl? I don't know, I use a lash curler and never really had trouble with that. Does it lengthen? A little I suppose. It is very light, but does not have the punch of Diorshow. I don't turn to it very often, but as the first layer before Diorshow, that works pretty good. Buy again? We will see - it isn't Maximeyes which I loved, it isn't Ultimeyes which I also loved, and I cannot give up my Diorshow, so the final word is it is light, it is easy to wear, easy to apply, natural looking, but thin and with just one coat, not sure it really stands out if that is what one is looking for. EDIT - bought my second tube! Grew to love it. Keeps the curl, very light and not really buildable, but keeps the curl! Lashes look naturally long. To thicken, everyone I know is recommending the Black out one, but I use Diorshow original one coat on top of one coat of Iconic. It is my go to everyday mascara - it is not bothering my eyes and is SO easy to put on. I never make a mess with it like I do with Diorshow! So, now it is my HG!