April 17, 2014 | 1758 users online

Blush - BeneFit Cosmetics - Posietint

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2008 8:04:00 PM More reviews by leiakedem

I just got this product from Sephora and I love it! The packaging is very cute -- I like the nail polish bottle look. The product is definitely Pepto-Bismol Pink, but it's much less shocking when you put it on. I have medium olive skin and it gives my cheeks a great flush -- like I was just running outside. I didn't have any problems with streaking, like others did. Instead of applying it in three lines, I just put a drop on the apples of my cheeks and then rubbed it in. It's very easy to layer and put on more color if desired. It's a bit pricey, but it seems as if the product will last for a long time. I definitely recommend Posietint!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2008 4:37:00 PM More reviews by typicalgirls

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Prior to this I was using Nars Orgasm blush, which is very beautiful, but I was looking for something more sheer w/o shimmer. This is a gorgeous pink tint opposed to benetint which is redder. I like both, but the application is much easier with posie tint since it has a thicker consistency. I have a tan/olive complexion and I like this for warmer weather and the beneint for fall/winter.

UPDATE 02/09/2011: I had to update this review. While posie tint is a gorgeous color it doesn't last on me at all as a lip stain or a cheek stain. The label is also flaking off, so everytime I use this I end up with silver flakes everywhere.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2008 7:27:00 AM More reviews by jezseeca

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

this stuff rocks! very light, fresh petal-pink tint that is easier to blend than the original. and it lasts just as long. Before, i could only find this color in powder, which never lasted on me, but this is great. it is a sheer/milky gel formula that leaves a fresh finish (not dewy, but fresh).

total hg, everyday-wear for me. and i am NC20 with yellow undertones.

i used to love the original, but i found it to be a shade too bright for me to pull off. This new one, however, is perfect!
It's a very soft, light, fresh pink. Think of a very light , sheer bubblegum pink. it's lovely.

Very easy to blend, btw.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2008 5:17:00 PM More reviews by chickpeas24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

how domost people apply this? would placing your finger over the opening and turning the bottle upside down once or twice and then applying to cheeks help in the application process to avoid using the nail polish-like brush? just curious.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2008 6:59:00 PM More reviews by lolajean

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been loyal to Benetint for as long as I can remember, but this has totally replaced it! It has the same lasting power as the original but the texture is more of a creamy gel and the color is a stunning pink. I was a little worried when I saw the texture because most cheek stains (except Benetint and TheBalm) give me terrible blackheads but I've gotten none. This is definitely a HG item! It's also amazing on the lips and not drying like the Benetint. One thing I've learned is to tap it to blend.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2008 7:05:00 PM More reviews by kc55

The pink color of this stain is soooo cute!!! its like girly but not too girly. haha it's like innocent yet flirty. I really like this as a cheek stain. It stays on ALL DAY. I've discovered that instead of swiping on all three lines at once, if you do them one at a time and quickly blend (so make a line, blend, make another line, blend) you don't get those streak marks.

As a lip stain, I love the color. it's so fresh, yet it doesn't have the staying power as it does on the cheeks. I wish I could make it stay longer but if I eat, it's gone. I wanted this to to be like my lip color that I don't have to worry about all day, but I guess I need to find something else.

I think I could use this year round. It's something easy for every day use and you don't have to worry about touch ups. Yay to being girly!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2008 2:16:00 AM More reviews by lilmisssunshine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Super pretty packaging! flashy pink bottle - I'd give it a 5!
It's a bit pricey for such a small bottle, though.
But the colour is really water-proof as well, i found. At first I'm afraid it would be too blossomy- pink on me, but it was okay!

I love the natural glow it gave my cheeks, and livens my complexion up, and it's so time-saving to apply!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2008 11:08:00 AM More reviews by GoldenGurly02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchased this yesterday and was super excited as I love Benefit's Benetint and thought I would absolutely LOVE a pink, as I am all about the color pink!! However, I got it home and put on like 3/4 layers of this stuff on my lips and it did nothing!!! It doesn't even show up on me...maybe it's my skin-tone.. So, I'll be returning this....I really am very disappointed as I truly, truly wanted to love this! I LOVE the idea of stains...but this one just didn't show up on my at all. :-((

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2008 1:03:00 PM More reviews by tijanarm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to try this product since it first came out, but somehow never got around it until recently. I love stains in general, it is my preferred lip colour concept, but I have found that most in the past did not satisfy, except for O-Gloss (which is also a gloss, so technically not the same category, but it does leave a nice stain behind) and to some extent Becca's Beachtint (but that one leaves a sticky layer on my lips). Main reasons why I like Posietint:

1) The colour is very sheer (but I find it natural), so it allows for layering. That said, I find that more than 2 layers leads to an unnatural fuchsia colour. But if you want a more intense colour Posietint is not for you
2) It does not sit between lines on my lips, therefore it does not accentuate them like most stains do
3) It does not dry out the lips and has a nice almost shimmery finish to it, not your typical overly matte finish (although it dries down matte, it just "shimmers" on your lips - I hope I'm making sense here)
4) When it starts coming off, you don't really notice it, as there is no obvious line on the lips like with most stains.

I have tried tons of stains and find that they just don't deliver. Although I did own the original Benetint, I just never liked the colour. With this colour, Benefit definitely hit the mark. It's very natural, long-lasting and it's a good consistency (not as runny as Benetint).
UPDATE: I swear this makes my lips plumper, or at least they appear plumper after I put this one, and there is DEFINITELY a nice sheen to the lips after you apply this. Love it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2008 9:19:00 PM More reviews by SPACEGIRL1000

Am i the only one who thinks this product sucks????? Like all benefit product this just did NOT deliver and is all hype. I find benefit to be all about cute packaging and names but a zero in quality, however; being that i am a pink fanatic I just had to try it. it's $28 for less than 0.5 fl oz which to me is expensive being that my smashbox o-gloss, too-faced and mac lipglosses are much cheaper for the same size. I wanted a baby pink not a bright rasberry which is what o-gloss and the other's tend to be. the only baby pink that I have found to be holy grail is tarte's inside out in go-go goji. Anyway, again i digress (sorry) back to posietint. It appears to be a baby pink or "barbie doll pink" but once blended it dried down to a rasberry color and that was just one layer. Two layers left a fushia color. I don't know how some say this dosen't show up but then again i am fair. I always make sure to apply evenly and this did not wear well. It faded immediatly into blotches and wore off very unevenly. It had no staying power. I am so mad that I paid $28 for this crap. If it wasn't for the fact that i have a newborn and don't drive- i would've returned it the second i realized how bad it was. Money wasted :(

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No