BeneFit Cosmetics Posietint

3.9

Water, Rose Water, Glycerin, Quarternium-15, Carmine.

on 9/29/2008 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I don't know about this product. I see it everytime I go to the mall, and love the pretty pink color. I don't love the price of it, for $26 for a tiny bottle with a nail polish brush. How are you supposed to apply it, anywhere other than your lips? I dotted some of this on my hand, and in the time it took me to put the brush back in the bottle (about one second) it was already drying, and I tried to blend it in but it had already stained a circular spot on my hand. I don't want something that is going to stain that fast and leave me with spotty cheeks. One extra lippie for the color, but doubt I'll be purchasing.

on 9/26/2008 8:55:00 AM

Update to say that quite a long time down the road, I still occasionally use this for a very pure, angelic-pink look. It's great & lasts much longer than a similarly coloured powder blush would.)

I can't decide whether I'm happy I bought this. The colour is great -- a neutral-undertone light pink, nice and flattering on my very-fair skin. The thing is, I can get the same effect from the original Benetint if I apply sparingly, while Benetint has the versatility of allowing me to build up the colour if I want something redder (i.e., on lips) -- but I hardly ever do, preferring the subtler colour. So there's less risk of error with Posietint... but it's less versatile, and I think its staying power is also somewhat less (perhaps because they seem to have added some moisturizers -- which actually could be good for those who have trouble with Benetint on the lips).

Application tip -- I put a dollop on my fingertip and blend it onto my cheek, rather than applying with the little brush. Or, if I really want to avoid any staining on my fingers, I'll quickly blend with a makeup sponge, which seems to really make it smooth out without taking off underlying foundation. I agree that for some reason using the brush makes it hard to blend the product. I do the same for lips, as the brush is too floppy for that. One lippie off for silly packaging, but four out of five since the product's exactly as it claims.

on 9/25/2008 12:32:00 PM

I am incredulous when it comes to anything benefit those sneaky petey's always seem to be hustling us make up addicts. They actually got it right with posietint though. While I have to say the color is a lil' too much for my rosie cheeks (i have a lot of pink in my skin) that is my flaw, not theirs.

The color is a bright bubble yum pink.

The consistency is slightly creamier than benetint, which is more watery. It works nicely on both the cheeks and lips and is easier to blend on the checks then its sister benetint.

The packaging still sucks & the staying power is terrible.

If you are looking for a cutie pie bubble gum pink then this is for you. It really brightens the face! If you are ruddy or have pink undertones I would pass as it is just a little too much.

I thought long and hard before buying this, I went to the Sephora here often and tested it and I just couldn't spend the $28 for this. I love Benetint, but I was lucky to get two very generous sample sizes that have lasted forever. Well, I had a return to make so I went ahead and exchanged my item for this. Let me begin by saying that I am neutral/cool NW15 with natural light brown hair that is dyed red. I have acne scars on my cheeks with make them redder than the rest of my face. When I put this on, I use my MAC 188 to apply and blend. Otherwise, the brush in the tint will just streak everywhere. I only put on one coat and then powder over usually with my Guerlain Meteorites. On my lips, I use the brush and apply over a light pink lipliner. Overall I love this product. It can be a little bright on my cheeks, but it always looks perfect on my lips. I don't find it to be hardcore warm or cool so I think it would work on many different people. I'm unsure how well it could show up on darker skin but it is very blendable. It's opaque compared to Benetint. When I wear it I almost feel as if I look like a cherub, and it lasts a good part of the day. I highly recommend this product!

on 9/22/2008 12:24:00 PM

I am surprised at how much I like this product. I usually use the tarte gel blushes, but I have to say this lasts longer on me. I have very pale olive skin and this still looks "natural" on me. I think it actually makes you look younger because its such a youthful flush, rather than a made-up blush look. You just have to really blend it so there's no line of demarcation. I had tried benetint back in the day and really hated it. The color was not flattering on me at all, and I found it very drying. This is more of a gel consistancy and even on the lips isn't drying (on me at least).

on 9/22/2008 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love Poise Tint.. I tried it for the first time the other day and loved it!! I put it over my foundation.. and kind of wondered if that was going to make it look funny.. but it was amazing.. I am super pale with blonde hair and I love the way it blends.. I just use the tip of my finger and blend blend blend slowly adding a tiny bit more color until I have reached the level I want... I have to admit when my friend at Benefit handed it to me on a cotton swab I said oh no it way too bright pink.. and she was like just put it on!!! and I loved it.. I used it on my lips too and liked it.. but I love it as a blush.. I will def repurchase.....

this product is simply ridiculous! i used to work for benefit and handled the launch of this product so believe me when i say i've used this in every way, on every type of skin, and i can confirm it it great for about 0.1% of people. basically u have to have flawless skin, any sensible amount of foundation underneath and this will ruin it, you cant have dry skin(ur skin will instanly absobe the product and blending goes out the window) and finally you have to be under 20 as the sheen of this product will age you if you have even the tiniest lines or open pores! and just a tip for anyone who loves benetint and thinks this is a 'pink version'...its not, different formula, not as long wearing(the company states about 5-7 hours) and its not waterproof like benetint...stick with benetint or if u love pink that much get dandilion, quicker, easier, and much less likely to go horribly wrong!

on 9/12/2008 7:16:00 AM

I was always a huge fan of Benetint as a cheek stain, since it lasts much longer than traditional blushes, and the bottle is cute and portable. But I always thought it bordered on too blood red for my pale skin and blonde hair. Just as my first bottle was running out and I was thinking of repurchasing, I heard about the new "Posietint", a pink version. I was thrilled, and couldn't wait to try it. And I am not disappointed!

I admit, the hot bubblegum pink color was very shocking the first time I opened it, and my first thought was, "This color is awful." But as soon as I put it on my cheeks and blended, I stood corrected. On my skin, it's a beautiful, natural pink, the same color that I blush. It looks so much more natural than Benetint on my fair skin.

Posietint comes in the same nailpolish-style bottle as Benetint, complete with a nailpolish blush for application. But the difference is, it actually has the consistency of nail polish, unlike Benetint, which is like red water. Therefore, it is easier to apply and doesn't splatter or run down your face if you don't blend it quickly enough. It also has some serious lasting power.

I am now going to forgo Benetint in favor of Posietint. Thank you, Benefit, for thinking of us paler ladies!

on 9/12/2008 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I haven't ever tried this while wearing foundation, but on bare skin I really like it. I put a dab on my finger and then blend it into my cheeks quickly so it doesn't look patchy. It seems to work best if I apply it right after my moisturizer when my skin's still a little moist. It's a lot more faint than I thought it would be. Looks like jelly bean pink. I don't find that it sits on top of my skin or feels sticky or anything. I don't like it better than my Tarte cheek stains, but it's pretty and fun.

I purchased this on a whim & landed up taking it back. The packaging is really cheap looking. A pink chrome bottle, so you can't even see how much you are really getting. The color comes out a pepto-pink color & you do have to blend pretty fast or you will have darker patches over your cheeks. The main reason I took it back is that it left my cheeks feeling sticky all day. I love products that make me look dewy & fresh, but was bugged that my hair was sticking to my cheeks. In my opinion this blush is just ok, nothing really special, especially for the price.

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products