December 19, 2014 | 1189 users online

Foundations - Sally Hansen - Inspired By Carmindy Natural Beauty Your Skin Makeup ] [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2008 6:15:00 PM More reviews by wrinklefree

I love this foundation! The coverage is medium and looks very natural on my skin. It doesn't creep into my pores or lay on top only to look cakey later on during the day. I bought it in the shade Porcelain and it matces my fair skin perfectly. There are no orange or pink undertones appearing on my skin. I usually have problems with foundations doing this when blending down my jaw line to my neck. I had used BB smooth foundation for years because it had yellow undertones. I actually like this shade better even though I don't see any yellow in the base. It stays on all day and looks as good 8 hours down the road as it did when I first applied it. I look at it in the mirror all the time because I can't believe how much I like it. I haven't had any breakouts but this is only day 3 of use. No milia either which is a constant problem with foundations and me. I love the pump applicator. I have normal to dry skin. I don't know how this would do for an oily type. It does go on dewy but then dries matte but not cakey. It has a luminous glow but safe enough for day use. The only missing is spf protection but I am used to that since using BB and that foundation is almost 4 times more expensive. I can't wait to try more from this line. I saw a yellow toned loose powder from the Carmindy line but I was in a hurry and didn't have time to investigate. I think this line is going to have super success.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2008 2:53:00 PM More reviews by chattykathy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a fabulous product worth a lot more than what they are charging for it, but don't let Sally Hansen hear you say this! I cannot say much more than cavewoman and her lengthy detailed review but I wanted to chime in and give a rave for this great foundation. I have normal to dry skin and am somewhere between NW15 and 20 shadewise, closer to 15 and I wear the lightest shade, porcelain. It's perfect. At first I thought it would be too light but once it is on my skin and blended it's not. It looks like me, but better!! It's not matte, not dewy, not glowy...it's just my skin evened out. I prep my face by moisturizing and using some of the Olay filler and sealer product on the pores on my nose and chin. Then I apply this foundation. I pump a very small amount and dot it all over my face, blend with my fingers and then smooth it out by stippling a bit with my beautyblender sponge. The result is a perfect canvas for everything else. I do not need to powder over this at all and at the end of the day it is still there and my skin still looks as even when I applied it. There is no SPF in this, the texture is every bit as nice as the high end foundations I have tried and I have tried many. It's light and my skin doesn't look masked or covered in makeup. I have no issues with breaking out from products so I cannot tell you if this would cause that for you but for me, this is a huge winner. If this is any indication of the rest of this line,it is well worth looking for in your local stores!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2008 4:29:00 PM More reviews by Roxlet

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I spent a day and a half stopping in every CVS store that crossed my path (and some that didn't) to try to find this foundation after having read Cavewoman's review. Apparently, it is not in every store, and the manager in the store that I did find it said that she thought it might be a LE. I hope not! This is all I read about and more. I usually use a couple of different Georgio Armani foundations, sometimes a Laura Mercier mineral foundation, occasionally a Kevyn Aucoin, but I always found them a bit lacking -- too matte, too shiny, sat on my skin -- always something was a bit off. This stuff is fabulous and I will go back an purchase some back-ups in case it is a LE! I may get one in a slightly darker color for the summer, too. No testers, though and I was lucky on my first try. I got the creamy beige, and at first I thought that it might be too light, but it somehow adjusted to my skin color. My big problem is that foundations that are light enough to blend along the jaw seem to sit in my pores on my nose. I usually go for a darker shade and then try to blend really well near the jaw. I just didn't have that problem with this foundation.
I tried the concealer in the lightest color, which was not too light at all, as well as the cream blush (they have powder too) and I found it to be really nice and highly pigmented. I also purchased an eyeshadow trio and a liquid eyeliner. The shadow as really nice and matte, and the eyeliner was fine. Nothing as special as the foundation, really. Try to find this foundation. You won't be sorry!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2008 3:41:00 PM More reviews by cavewoman

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I could not be more pleased with this new foundation from the Carmindy line!! Rave rave rave! Finally, a drugstore foundation that works so beautifully on my dry skin, looks fresh and luminous, not matte or dry, and lasts all day! I found the new display of all the Carmindy products at the local CVS and I decided to try the foundation. There is no indication on the display or bottle that says "oil-free" so I was eager to try it. I don't wear any oil-free products because my skin just looks better in foundations that contain some oil. I am about an NW20-ish or so in MAC, and I just eyeballed and chose Ecru Beige. I brought it home and have tried it every day this week, and now I am ready to toss most of my other foundations with very few exceptions. There is finally no need for me to spend for foundations at department stores. This product rivals any fine foundation I own, including Chanel Vitalumere and La Mer. There, I said it. I use my usual skincare underneath (a serum and then Borghese Prima Viso primer) and I used the beautyblender sponge to dot on and stipple the foundation onto my face. At first it looked like the color I chose was too light. Within a few minutes I could not even see that I was wearing foundation and I had to go check in a magnifying mirror! It just melted into my skin, but totally covered any freckles and uneven skin tone, and it was glowing but not with any particles or shimmer that I could detect. Just a healthy, good-skin, glowing, luminous look. I did not need to use a powder over top of it, because there was absolutely no greasy look at all, just natural skin! The foundation lasted all day on me and was easy to remove with either a Boots wipe or my usual facial cleanser. If you have dry skin and you have been frustrated as I was, trying to find a nicely priced foundation at the drugstore, this is it. The ingredients list is printed on the shrink-wrap. Even with my reading glasses on, it's very hard to read, but water is the first ingredient, followed by many 'cone type words, and corn oil and fruit extracts. The sunscreen comes from titanium dioxide. I'm not prone to breakouts in the least, so I can't address any breakout issues, but it is entirely possible that this formula could cause problems with people who are prone to breakouts, or acne. This formula isn't for everyone, but it's great for my particular skin type. I'm just so happy to find great foundations at the drugstores right now, All I can say is, it's about time! Between this, and the new Lumene that I reviewed also, two fabulous choices for dry skin. The foundation comes in a glass pump that is easy to use, you can just pump out the exact amount you need. Five lippies! Will repurchase (especially if and when I see a sale!) Rave rave!!! Added on 4-10 - ingredients list: Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloane, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Ethylhenyl Palmitate, Pentylene Glycol, Trimethysilosilicate, Butylene Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Glyceryl Ethylhexanoate/Stearate/Adipate/ Ethylhexyglycerin, Methicone, Disodium EDTA, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether, Polysorbate 80, Retinyl Palmitate, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Xylitol, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Edtract, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Quercus Suber Bark Extract, may Contain Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Zinc Oxide. Please excuse any typos, the list is on the shrink wrap and I had to use two pairs of reading glasses stacked in order to read them! If you are in the Northeast Ohio area and you can't find the Carmindy line, page me for the location of the only two CVS stores I have found that carry it so far.

80 out of 83 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2008 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Kim_in_NC

Pros: decent shade selection (10?12 maybe?), medium coverage, blends easily, the lightest shade is actually light enough for super-pale me, pump bottle, not heavy,not too glowy and not too matte.

Con: glass bottle (when you have tile bathrooms this is always a consideration).

Will update after I test drive this for longer than a day but initial reaction is "yippee".

9 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No