July 28, 2014 | 1045 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Synthetic Flat Top Multipurpose Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2008 3:42:00 PM More reviews by keahi

This brush is fantastic! As far as I'm concerned you can never be too rich, too thin, or have too many brushes! I have brushes coming out of the woodwork--it's ridiculous really. I have the EM flat top brush which is great, and the BE heavenly face brush (another flat-topper) plus hoards of traditional blush brushes and synthetic brushes, but this baby beats them all in terms of blush application. I haven't been using anything else for blush since I got it. It's the perfect shape and super soft. I can buff any blush color into my cheekbones effortlessly for a natural look. Probably won't use this with my Exhibit A, but it's perfect for my lighter colors that aren't frighteningly pigmented. Works equally well with cream blushes. Haven't used it for MMU or foundation but I can imagine it's up to the task. $14.99 was a reasonable price IMO. Curvy black handle is asthetically pleasing. The compulsive in me wants to go buy a back-up--it's simply awesome.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2008 3:19:00 PM More reviews by verdant0green

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

***PIC INCLUDED***I love this brush! I use it for buffing in loose powder and it works like a dream. Its dense yet soft, absolutely no scratching from this one. Also, NO SHEDDING ^_^ It is smaller than other kabuki/buffer style brushes (since its meant to be a blush brush, aye?), but for me that works out fine since I can get around my nose, etc really easily, and it still works well for large areas like cheeks, forehead. It really helped to set my foundation and powder in and minimize the appearance of pores, giving a really nice and even appearance to the skin. Also, it has a long handle which means I can store it with my other face brushes and not have it get lost in the jar, or have to have it out by itself on the counter (not sano!). Errrrm, all in all, I'd say a great brush...I don't use MMU but if you do, I would expect you would want a larger brush than this one for that (I use cream foundation and use SK's highlighting brush for that, covers more area so no chance of blotchiness), but for powder (and I imagine blush!) I really like this one.

Here's a comparison picture to maybe give you a better idea of size...the skunk and clinique blusher look funny because I just washed them o_O

continued >>

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2008 2:27:00 PM More reviews by Kim_in_NC

I have fallen in love with flat top brushes since switching to mineral makeup. My beloved Everyday Minerals flat top is awesome but a bit big to get into smaller areas so I picked this up today at Target. It was $14.99 and is about 1/2 the size of the EM in diameter. It is perfect for getting into the areas around my nose and under my eyes. I will definitely pick up another to keep as a back up. It is as soft as the EM brush too! I'm super happy with this purchase. :-)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No