December 21, 2014 | 1005 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Synthetic Flat Top Multipurpose Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2008 12:14:00 PM More reviews by Demetria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this brush. I use it for my liquid foundation. It blends flawlessly and gets around my nose and under my eyes easily. No hair shedding at all that I can recall. I have several other SK brushes and I really like them a lot. If I ever see the skunk brush, I will snatch that up right away!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2008 11:06:00 AM More reviews by dyinggiraffe

I like this brush a lot! It was in my price range, is extremely soft, and it's cruelty free.
It has a nice shape, with a flat top, that makes it easy for applying blush in a circular motion.
I haven't had it for that long, but it hasn't shed like you would expect from a $15 brush. I think I've maybe had 1 loose hair in the month I've had it.
Would definitely buy this brand again!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2008 12:00:00 PM More reviews by lynleclair

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this brush! It's perfect for applying creme blush (i like it for Stila convertible color). Nice quality at a great price.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2008 1:37:00 PM More reviews by GraceQ

I agree with the other reviewers about this brush! Its a unique, high quality synthetic brush that can be used for blush/bronzer or even powder. Thebrush consists of short, fat bristles nestled together to forms a flat top that is a little larger than a quarter. The flat top makes it ideal to pick up an even amount of color/powder. I use it for my blush and bronzer. The brush is fantastically soft, good quality (no hairs falling out!) with an ergonomic handle (which I really don't care for). Overall, good bargain brush at $15 from Target.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2008 12:39:00 AM More reviews by Hisoneandonly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Sonia Kashuk's synthetic flat blusher brush is surprisingly good considering the price. I have paid up to $40 for brushes like this and have been disappointed by shedding brush hairs, and poor performance.

I wanted to get something that I can use with my new Palladio wet/dry foundation.

The quality is superb. The brush feels wonderful. It applied my makeup beautifully without streaking it also blended me in flawlessly.

The price is awesome. I love the look of the brush, it looks high quality, and performs like it too...this is a MUST HAVE! If you buy anything from the Sonia Kashuk line - let it be this you won't regret it!

UPDATE: I have used this for my Benefit Get Even powder and fell in love again. Because I couldn't get this powder to apply the way it used to (I swear something is different in the formulation) I was going to toss it. Not anymore - this brush is perfect. As a matter of fact it made my skin look flawless with its precision!

EDIT: I used reviewer JRM1862's advice and used this with my Revlon Colorstay makeup and got the same flawless finish that she raved about. I am hooked - this is the perfect size to work across cheeks, forehead and chin. I would say this is my favorite brush of all time to work with foundation, it doesn't matter if they are powder, creme, liquid or finishing powder they all go on better with this brush. My HG>3. Also, this brush picks up just the right amount of cheek color. It is dense enough so that I don't have to swirl all around the pan.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2008 2:36:00 AM More reviews by Green_Tea

GREAT brush! Works well with mineral foundation! Really gives a smooth even look!! Very amazed at the quality of the brush considering the price. It's very affordable, and it has a very cool appearance too! Must buy!

Edit: Just found another great use for this! Works wonderfully as a contouring brush as well! Really blends and buffs those harsh lines!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2008 11:19:00 AM More reviews by richaco

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I AM IN LOVE! This blush applies my Revlon cream blush and BB Pot Rouge like a powder blush -- goes on smooth and soft and blends into the skin perfectly. No more fingerprinted splotchy looking cheeks! The brush is incredibly soft and is such a value -- this rivals any of my MAC brushes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2008 3:42:00 PM More reviews by keahi

This brush is fantastic! As far as I'm concerned you can never be too rich, too thin, or have too many brushes! I have brushes coming out of the woodwork--it's ridiculous really. I have the EM flat top brush which is great, and the BE heavenly face brush (another flat-topper) plus hoards of traditional blush brushes and synthetic brushes, but this baby beats them all in terms of blush application. I haven't been using anything else for blush since I got it. It's the perfect shape and super soft. I can buff any blush color into my cheekbones effortlessly for a natural look. Probably won't use this with my Exhibit A, but it's perfect for my lighter colors that aren't frighteningly pigmented. Works equally well with cream blushes. Haven't used it for MMU or foundation but I can imagine it's up to the task. $14.99 was a reasonable price IMO. Curvy black handle is asthetically pleasing. The compulsive in me wants to go buy a back-up--it's simply awesome.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2008 3:19:00 PM More reviews by verdant0green

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

***PIC INCLUDED***I love this brush! I use it for buffing in loose powder and it works like a dream. Its dense yet soft, absolutely no scratching from this one. Also, NO SHEDDING ^_^ It is smaller than other kabuki/buffer style brushes (since its meant to be a blush brush, aye?), but for me that works out fine since I can get around my nose, etc really easily, and it still works well for large areas like cheeks, forehead. It really helped to set my foundation and powder in and minimize the appearance of pores, giving a really nice and even appearance to the skin. Also, it has a long handle which means I can store it with my other face brushes and not have it get lost in the jar, or have to have it out by itself on the counter (not sano!). Errrrm, all in all, I'd say a great brush...I don't use MMU but if you do, I would expect you would want a larger brush than this one for that (I use cream foundation and use SK's highlighting brush for that, covers more area so no chance of blotchiness), but for powder (and I imagine blush!) I really like this one.

Here's a comparison picture to maybe give you a better idea of size...the skunk and clinique blusher look funny because I just washed them o_O

continued >>

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2008 2:27:00 PM More reviews by Kim_in_NC

I have fallen in love with flat top brushes since switching to mineral makeup. My beloved Everyday Minerals flat top is awesome but a bit big to get into smaller areas so I picked this up today at Target. It was $14.99 and is about 1/2 the size of the EM in diameter. It is perfect for getting into the areas around my nose and under my eyes. I will definitely pick up another to keep as a back up. It is as soft as the EM brush too! I'm super happy with this purchase. :-)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No