October 21, 2014 | 1878 users online

Brows - Maybelline - Define-A-Brow

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2009 12:11:00 PM More reviews by ShayFL

I find this works very well for me. A soft natural look that isnt too harsh. I use the "blonde" color even though my hair and brows are dark brown. The brown was way too dark. My brows have thinned a bit, but I still have a good 75% of them left....so just a little filler is all I need and this fits the bill.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2009 5:28:00 PM More reviews by suzig

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's interesting reading the mixed comments. I'm in the negative camp for the same reasons as some others. I found it hard to apply without a fair amount of pressure, which then made it break off. Even if it hadn't broken off, there wasn't that much product, so it wasn't really a bargain. Fortunately, I was able to find a new Avon lady and buy glimmersticks again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2009 10:54:00 AM More reviews by QueenJaz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was considering getting semi-permanent tattooing done to my eyebrows before I had tried this product..

I found the colour blended in with my eyebrows really well and it was also really easy to apply and blend.

The little comb is a nice touch as it helps blend and brush your eyebrows into shape. I am very pleased with the results.

Another gem by Maybelline!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2009 6:11:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

This product did not go on easily at all. It is super hard to control the micro fine pencil and my brows just ended up looking fake and heavy. I have since discovered far better brow care products, Revlon's Brow Fantasy pencil and L'Oreal's two toned brow pencil. Would never buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2009 3:15:00 PM More reviews by Kimber7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Breaks so easily as your using it. Doesn't last at all because it take a lot of product to actually fill in 1 eyebrow. Very cheap packaging, but the color was nice.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2009 3:00:00 PM More reviews by susjs

I don't buy much drug store makeup, especially since who knows what you're getting without testers, but this is a surprisingly great find. Like others have said, the fine point and perfect consistency make this feel much more high-end than a cheapo pencil. Detracted one lippie because I hate the hulk-green, tacky packaging [Why does Maybelline think that's attractive?] and a spoolie would have been more useful than the stiff, plastic comb it comes with but it's otherwise a keeper. I got this in medium brown which thankfully has no red undertone and matches my brows perfectly.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2009 7:50:00 PM More reviews by ccupcake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

HG brow pencil for me! honestly i dont know what i would do without it now... everyone needs to try this!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2009 5:18:00 PM More reviews by lastoneout

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was using MAC brow pencil in Lingering before I discovered this Maybelline product, and I feel sick about having shelled out $14 per pencil in the past!!! Define-A-Brow is my new HG brow pencil and it's crazy cheap to boot! My local drugstore had a sale on Maybelline products and that meant these went for less than 3 bucks a pop!!! Define-A-Brow is the PERFECT consistency, not too creamy like the MAC pencil, and not too dry like my previous favorite, Shu Uemura's Hard Formula pencil. It's almost like the heavenly love child of the two! Just powdery dry enough to look soft and natural, and just smooth enough to deposit the color where I need it. I've got sparse Asian brows, and Dark Blonde is the PERFECT color! Super cheap, great performance, what else can you ask for?

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2009 2:18:00 AM More reviews by Pinktop33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ok, now I know I'm not imagining that this eyebrow pencil is superior.
I have tried so many different eyebrow pencils (ever since my natural eyebrows started disappearing) and it's by far better than the other drugstore brands. For one thing, it goes on very smoothly and is NOT a hard, waxy-crayon type of pencil. Also, the point (which you roll up like you would a mechanical pencil), is nice and thin and it can be applied easily with the end result of looking very natural.

The main reason I prefer Maybelline Define-A-Brow, however, (besides the price) is the shades it comes in. I have blonde to very light brown hair and Maybelline is the only brand that has two shades of blonde that are both perfect. One is dark blonde, the other is light blonde. I use the two shades together when I have the time to work at it a little bit. Other blonde shades look wrong somehow after I apply them whereas these two blonde tones are perfect.

The colors do not disappear after a few minutes the way some pencils do and, unless I am involved in vigorous, sweat-producing activity, my "eyebrows" stay put the entire evening. For daytime use, I'd say two applications (one in the a.m. and one in mid-day) are sometimes necessary for me.
I hope this doesn't get discontinued because right now I am not aware of any foreseeable alternative in eyebrow pencils.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2008 12:53:00 AM More reviews by makeuplover582

so far, im loving this product i got 2 of them today because i have dark brown hair and im going to be dying it black soon so i got dark brown for now and soft black for when my hair is black. the comb is weird on this product it doesnt do much if you dont have much hair i think its meant for women with lots of hair on their brows but besides that the comb isnt as bad as people make it seem the pencil could be a bit bigger or come with more product i will def be buying these again...i cant say much right now because i just used it when i got home and it looks amazing and easy to blend really reminds me of the line stylist eyeliner maybelline i only gave it 4 lippies because i feel it might not stay too long because i went to fix the tail of my brow and it wiped off with ease and the package says waterproof so i think that may be a lie but other than that i do indeed love this product sooo much