July 24, 2014 | 1791 users online

Brows - Maybelline - Define-A-Brow

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2009 7:50:00 PM More reviews by ccupcake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

HG brow pencil for me! honestly i dont know what i would do without it now... everyone needs to try this!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2009 5:18:00 PM More reviews by lastoneout

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was using MAC brow pencil in Lingering before I discovered this Maybelline product, and I feel sick about having shelled out $14 per pencil in the past!!! Define-A-Brow is my new HG brow pencil and it's crazy cheap to boot! My local drugstore had a sale on Maybelline products and that meant these went for less than 3 bucks a pop!!! Define-A-Brow is the PERFECT consistency, not too creamy like the MAC pencil, and not too dry like my previous favorite, Shu Uemura's Hard Formula pencil. It's almost like the heavenly love child of the two! Just powdery dry enough to look soft and natural, and just smooth enough to deposit the color where I need it. I've got sparse Asian brows, and Dark Blonde is the PERFECT color! Super cheap, great performance, what else can you ask for?

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2009 2:18:00 AM More reviews by Pinktop33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ok, now I know I'm not imagining that this eyebrow pencil is superior.
I have tried so many different eyebrow pencils (ever since my natural eyebrows started disappearing) and it's by far better than the other drugstore brands. For one thing, it goes on very smoothly and is NOT a hard, waxy-crayon type of pencil. Also, the point (which you roll up like you would a mechanical pencil), is nice and thin and it can be applied easily with the end result of looking very natural.

The main reason I prefer Maybelline Define-A-Brow, however, (besides the price) is the shades it comes in. I have blonde to very light brown hair and Maybelline is the only brand that has two shades of blonde that are both perfect. One is dark blonde, the other is light blonde. I use the two shades together when I have the time to work at it a little bit. Other blonde shades look wrong somehow after I apply them whereas these two blonde tones are perfect.

The colors do not disappear after a few minutes the way some pencils do and, unless I am involved in vigorous, sweat-producing activity, my "eyebrows" stay put the entire evening. For daytime use, I'd say two applications (one in the a.m. and one in mid-day) are sometimes necessary for me.
I hope this doesn't get discontinued because right now I am not aware of any foreseeable alternative in eyebrow pencils.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2008 12:53:00 AM More reviews by makeuplover582

so far, im loving this product i got 2 of them today because i have dark brown hair and im going to be dying it black soon so i got dark brown for now and soft black for when my hair is black. the comb is weird on this product it doesnt do much if you dont have much hair i think its meant for women with lots of hair on their brows but besides that the comb isnt as bad as people make it seem the pencil could be a bit bigger or come with more product i will def be buying these again...i cant say much right now because i just used it when i got home and it looks amazing and easy to blend really reminds me of the line stylist eyeliner maybelline i only gave it 4 lippies because i feel it might not stay too long because i went to fix the tail of my brow and it wiped off with ease and the package says waterproof so i think that may be a lie but other than that i do indeed love this product sooo much

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2008 10:16:00 PM More reviews by hpolanek

TOTAL HG!!!!!! I didnt think i could get this excited about a brow pencil! Long story short, I used Clinique Superfine brow pencil for a long time. I hated paying about 13.00 every 3 weeks or so for this tiny little thing but it was the only pencil that was thin enough to shape it like i like and fill in the tail end of the brow ( I have dark hair and very light and sparse eyebrow hair so i need to shape my entire brow). Just as i was thinking about going back to the old thick expert eyes cover girl pencil to save money, I read the rave reviews on here about define-a-brow and figured it was only about 5 bucks so why not? This pencil is identically thin as clinique's superfine! Not only that but the medium brown was a even better color match then clinique's deep brown. And i cant tell you there is NO red tones what so ever!! I have ashy brown hair so i hate any warm or red tones. Anyway needless to say im never going back to my 13.00 clinique pencil! Unless they discontinue this :(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2008 11:18:00 AM More reviews by GetLowxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I picked Define-A-Brow pencil back in July. Even though I'm a brunette, the "dark blonde" shade matched my brows the best. My brows just need a little filling in where there are sparse areas, so I consider my brows to be pretty low maintenance. I didn't use it for a while and I started using it again on a regular basis in October, nearly everyday to fill my brows in where I needed to. Last week, I noticed the pencil started acting up and everytime I would LIGHTLY shade in the areas I needed to, a half an inch of the pencil would crumble off. I managed to fill in one eyebrow and had started on the rest of my eyebrow when a good three inches of the brow stick continued to crumble until there was nothing left of it! I was left with one finished eyebrow and a half finished eyebrow, so you can imagine how great that looked!
You get what you pay for, right? This is why I do not enjoy most drugstore cosmetic products. Call me a snob, but I would never buy this inferior product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2008 10:32:00 PM More reviews by OutOfLine

I heard so much about this bad boy... so I really wanted to love it. Sadly, Its a decent prodct for me.... nothing too special. This is my first eyebrow product since i'm only 14.... so my expectations might be a little hight....
__________________________________________________________
PROS: really thin...so great an percise application, lightest shade was my color dead-on (mybe even a little lighter which is perfect), pretty natural, filled out my sparse eyebrows, gave shape and definition to my hopeless eyebrows, automatic twisty packging to no sharpening is needed, no trace of red in the color I bougth (dark blonde/lightbrown), applicator came with a funky brush.
__________________________________________________________
CONS: because it was soooo thin there wasnt much product, for a drugstore brand.....let alone a pretty cheap drugstore brand it was really expensive ($9 cdn), came off within a few hours... that means that even when re-applied 4 times a day by the time I get home from soccer practice at like 9 I have no eyebrows =(, color selecton is pathetic like most of maybellines products.... even though the color worked for me I couldnt see how other people could wear it, the brush was useless.
___________________________________________________________
Since this was my first eyebrow penci I will not be re-purchasing... I will look at other brands...
OVERALL: Natural, easy to use, but not for me =]]]

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2008 12:33:00 AM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I hated this. If your looking for a brow wax or have perfect brows already and just like to fill them in a tiny bit this product might be for you but for anyone with sparse or not great brows this sucks. The tiny point seems like a good idea but in reality it just blows...looks super obviously drawn in and either has no pigment when you do light strokes or goes on way to dark and hideous if you use more pressure. I have no idea why I staryed, even for a moment, from my HG brow pencil Maybellibe Expert Eyes. This piece of crap is going in the trash.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2008 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Shayron

HG! I love this. The tip is thin enough to fill in w/o looking like you drew your brows on the way a pencil sometimes looks if you're not perfectly skilled. I have light brown hair but I use the dark blonde color because my brows are light. It's a perfect match.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2008 5:38:00 PM More reviews by kideema

I have really light colored brows and they are sparse. I needed one that wasn't too harsh and fake looking and one that matched my hair color.I picked this up in Dark Brown and it is a perfect match to my brunette hair. I am so happy to finally get a product that does the job and i can get at a drugstore. I love how it comes with a brow brush on one end so that you can blend it in for a natural look. The only thing is that i find that after a few hours the color fades off and i have to reapply it.