The Body Shop Blue Corn Mask

3.5

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Kaolin, Blue Corn Powder, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Propylene Glycol, Blue Corn Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Methylparaben, Bisabolol, Propylparaben, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Cananga Odorata (Ylang Ylang) Oil, Geranium Oil, Limonene, Achillea Millefolium (Yarrow) Extract, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Oil, Linalool, Neem Leaf Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Citral, Titanium Dioxide, Blue 1, Red 33.

on 6/2/2012 1:49:00 AM

First time I used this it stung my face because I used to much (fail) then the next time I applied less and my skin felt fine. I left it in for about 15 minutes and then rinsed it off. My pores looked a lot smaller and my skin felt so smooth and smelled quite nice. Although it is a bit pricey its deffently worth it!

on 5/22/2012 8:03:00 PM

The only thing this product did was made my skin feel a bit tight and a few of my larger pores looked a tad smaller. Overall though, the appearance of my skin looks about the same as it did before putting the mask on. I've also noticed this mask is more expensive than other similar masks which have even fewer ingredients I don't like.

on 4/29/2012 12:34:00 PM

Auch!! This stung so badly I had to wash it away within a minute! My skin was left stingy, blotchy and red. Clearly I had some allergic reaction which has never happened to me before with a mask or cleanser. Dab a little on your cheek before applying on the entire face so you won't end up looking like I did.

on 3/24/2012 3:09:00 AM

This saved my butt so many times when I was an acne riddled teenager! I got if for a gift when I was 12 and I've been buying it ever since (I'm 28 now). The reason why it I love it so much is for the fact that if I ever had one of those days where my acne was terrible and I could do nothing to cover it, I would use this mask and it would make such a huge difference, all the redness, oiliness and flakiness would be gone, it would be such a huge improvement and my skin would no longer be an issue that day. I don't know if it's a great scrub, it doesn't really seem to have much of a scrubbing action, and I don't think it would get rid of blackheads and things like that, though I think it does reduce the appearance of them, I just would recommend it as being a quick fix if you're having a bad break out, it just calms everything down and seems to dry everything up, it makes it a lot smoother and fresher too. The only downside is it quite stings around my nose, but I have sensitive skin, and it can be quite hard to remove, but it's a small price to may for the results you get.

on 2/20/2012 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I went into The Body Shop looking for an exfoliating product because I've been pretty flaky lately. I was recommended this and was told its great for my skin type. I can go anywhere from super dry to oily and this seems to regulate my skin when used once or twice a week. The price is a little high but you get what you pay for. It doesn't dry me out too much but I still need moisturizer afterward. Leaves me super soft, toned, and refreshed!

on 2/4/2012 6:39:00 PM

I am on the second pot of this product. I notice there's some difference, but I cannot pinpoint to what exactly the difference is; but I can feel my skin is smoother and have less impurities.

on 1/30/2012 6:16:00 PM

Mask is very hard to rinse off. Even if I rinse my face when I'm in a shower, I still get some clay or small beads on my towel. It stings a little bit, and absorbs most of oil from my face. My blackheads aren't going anywhere though. I definitely need a good moisturizer after because of all dryness.

on 1/25/2012 7:32:00 AM

It does absolutely NOTHING! Very expensive, waste of money!

on 1/14/2012 10:14:00 PM

This is a great mask. It says it is for oily skin, but I have very dry skin and found this product is very good to use once a week. The price is very good for the quality of the product, and as I have said before "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR".
This product comes in a tub which is great for getting every little bit of the product. I like products that come in tubs, while I see review after review of people saying they don't like tubs because they are not hygienic. Listen up people, you should be the only person to use your products, and you should also have clean hands when using your facial products. If you are serious about skin care you would know this. Im also an RN, so I have read many infection control articles related to products that come in tubs.
The mask is grainy but spreads easily over your face, especially if you add a bit of water to the mixure. The mask starts to feel a little tingly when the ingredients become activated on your face. This only lasts a few minutes, and if it lasts longer, or is very intense, you should wash it off and use a gentle toner. I leave the mask on for 10 minutes until it is dry and feels tight on my face.
It washes off very easily and I can visibly see my pores smaller. My face feels so smooth and tight after, it is great.
Some people have said that their face is very red and that their skin is stinging even after the mask is removed. Some tips for this include 1. this product has exfoliating granules in it, you do not have to scrub very hard, just use light circular motions to spread. 2. You need to use a gentle toner after removal, preferrably with aloe. The aloe will calm the skin down and decrease redness. Also, the toner will remove any of the mask that may have been missed with rinsing. Product residual is usually the main reason that peoples face continues to burn after use because the ingredients are still activated.
I am very happy with this product, it leaves my skin smooth and radiant. It also lasts a long time. Hope this helps!

on 9/3/2011 4:47:00 AM

I use a lot of different face masks. This is by far one of my favorite ones to go back to especially in the summer. The kaolin clay-based ingredient and exfoliating beads helps draw up my white heads a little and it seems to really deeply cleans other impurities. It gives a refreshing slight sting sensation during use and after my skin feels very soft. The added alcohols in the ingredient list may make this mask a bit drying or irritating on some, but can be adjusted to be more appropriate for all skin types. For dryer/more sensitive skin just apply on T-Zone or use mainly during hotter seasons when skin is more oily.