April 17, 2014 | 862 users online

Masks - The Body Shop - Blue Corn Mask

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2012 7:51:00 PM More reviews by Jesse30

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I went into The Body Shop looking for an exfoliating product because I've been pretty flaky lately. I was recommended this and was told its great for my skin type. I can go anywhere from super dry to oily and this seems to regulate my skin when used once or twice a week. The price is a little high but you get what you pay for. It doesn't dry me out too much but I still need moisturizer afterward. Leaves me super soft, toned, and refreshed!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2012 6:39:00 PM More reviews by marciatsang

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am on the second pot of this product. I notice there's some difference, but I cannot pinpoint to what exactly the difference is; but I can feel my skin is smoother and have less impurities.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2012 6:16:00 PM More reviews by Gonelvik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Mask is very hard to rinse off. Even if I rinse my face when I'm in a shower, I still get some clay or small beads on my towel. It stings a little bit, and absorbs most of oil from my face. My blackheads aren't going anywhere though. I definitely need a good moisturizer after because of all dryness.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/25/2012 7:32:00 AM More reviews by blondyyy

It does absolutely NOTHING! Very expensive, waste of money!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2012 10:14:00 PM More reviews by Lissa16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great mask. It says it is for oily skin, but I have very dry skin and found this product is very good to use once a week. The price is very good for the quality of the product, and as I have said before "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR".
This product comes in a tub which is great for getting every little bit of the product. I like products that come in tubs, while I see review after review of people saying they don't like tubs because they are not hygienic. Listen up people, you should be the only person to use your products, and you should also have clean hands when using your facial products. If you are serious about skin care you would know this. Im also an RN, so I have read many infection control articles related to products that come in tubs.
The mask is grainy but spreads easily over your face, especially if you add a bit of water to the mixure. The mask starts to feel a little tingly when the ingredients become activated on your face. This only lasts a few minutes, and if it lasts longer, or is very intense, you should wash it off and use a gentle toner. I leave the mask on for 10 minutes until it is dry and feels tight on my face.
It washes off very easily and I can visibly see my pores smaller. My face feels so smooth and tight after, it is great.
Some people have said that their face is very red and that their skin is stinging even after the mask is removed. Some tips for this include 1. this product has exfoliating granules in it, you do not have to scrub very hard, just use light circular motions to spread. 2. You need to use a gentle toner after removal, preferrably with aloe. The aloe will calm the skin down and decrease redness. Also, the toner will remove any of the mask that may have been missed with rinsing. Product residual is usually the main reason that peoples face continues to burn after use because the ingredients are still activated.
I am very happy with this product, it leaves my skin smooth and radiant. It also lasts a long time. Hope this helps!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2011 4:47:00 AM More reviews by SummerDew

I use a lot of different face masks. This is by far one of my favorite ones to go back to especially in the summer. The kaolin clay-based ingredient and exfoliating beads helps draw up my white heads a little and it seems to really deeply cleans other impurities. It gives a refreshing slight sting sensation during use and after my skin feels very soft. The added alcohols in the ingredient list may make this mask a bit drying or irritating on some, but can be adjusted to be more appropriate for all skin types. For dryer/more sensitive skin just apply on T-Zone or use mainly during hotter seasons when skin is more oily.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2011 12:02:00 AM More reviews by thatgoil

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have the ultimate combination (bad...) skin, very sensitive, very oily T zone, large pores around the nose area, prone to breakouts.
I seldom use this mask as I find it somewhat drying and a little bit irritating if I use it too often. I'm not too fond of the scent either.....
You'd think this has the makings of a bad review, HOWEVER I actually like this mask for occasional use (once every 10-14 days). I use it only on the T zone and find it very cleansing, a small miracle for my large pores and oily T. I leave it on for about 8 mins, as opposed to the recommended 10-15 mins, and it seems to do the trick.
It's a great alternative to a regular exfoliating regiment, something I cannot do as just about every exfoliating product I've tried turned my skin into a red, irritated mess.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2011 9:33:00 AM More reviews by erin526

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Have been using this for about 10 years off and on - it does the job. I only use in summer when my skin is particularly oily as it can be a bit intense if my skin is feeling in any way fragile. The scrubby bits are too big to really be effective I wish it had a finer texture (similar to St Ives scrub) I only use once a week and make sure I follow up with night cream. Its good for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2011 6:14:00 AM More reviews by baileysmilk84

the price is okay, though i wont say its very cheap. i didn't like this initially, hence i didn't write a review. however, after reading many raves on cozycot and flowerpod, i decided to try this again.

it works wonder - after washing this mask off, its so much easier to extract my blackheads!!! the mask brings my blackheads to the surface, i don't have to apply strength to remove them. my skin looks cleaner after this too.

waiting for sales to purchase this again =)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2011 7:12:00 PM More reviews by nabs07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because I wanted a mask/exfoliator and saw it reviewed on MUA. It is what it is. It does a great job as an exfoliation tool due to its grainyness and leaves my skin smooth, soft and tames any redness that I have. I didnt have high expectations and didnt expect more than the results I received; but for $15 i knew it would last me for 12 months (vs. buying lush masks for $5 each and it only lasts 2.5 weeks). Its highly recommended that you use a spatula if you want hygenic use. I'll use it all up but I dont think I'd repurchase..on the look out for a better mask!