Avon SuperShock Mascara

3.7

on 5/28/2012 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I'm suprised that I actually like this. When I first saw it, I thought the brush was horrendous. Too big and bulky...But, I actually like it. It's a nice rich black, it doesn't clump on me (even after multiple coats) and it doesn't flake or give me raccoon eyes. Not bad Avon (plus I got it on sale!) The smell can be a bit offputting. (a little too chemical-y for me.

on 5/21/2012 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I am relatively new to Avon and this was my first purchase from the brand. I LOVE it! I have very sparse short lashes and this mascara does wonders to define and add volume and length. If you apply ONE light coat, it will hold up a curl. It is a dream to remove, comes right off with warm water. It only smudges A LITTLE BIT. It's not gunna smear all over your face and ruin your make up but just clean up with a cotton bud and you'll be good to go. I have a hate/love relationship with the brush. I like the tiny bristles and it disperses the product well but it's too big for my eyes!

It got this when it was on 'sale' for AUD$15.

on 4/28/2012 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is an all over great mascara :). It comes in a black cylindrical tube. The brush is reminiscent of cover girl's lashblast mascara ( rubber brush with rubber bristles) , but it isn't as bulky, it's considerably thinner. Though it can be hard to manoeuvre in a rush. The formula smells kind of funny in my opinion, kind of chemical smell to it, which is why i deducted a lippy. It does not flake or smudge throughout the day and is easily removed at the end of it. Just be wary of the formula drying out, it gets iffy then. I'd still re buy this mascara though, it's price is reasonable :)

on 4/24/2012 6:56:00 PM

i am on my forth tube of this baby because its just a great everyday mascara: i dont need three different to achieve the effect i want, since i am all for the natural look, no spidery lashes for me.
my only complain is that it isnt reeeally black, like blackest black, but since its so nice i dont think too much about it and just pop a very black top coat when i wish. overall its my go to mascara!
oh and i never paid full price for it, if you wait a bit avon always puts it on sale ;)

on 3/29/2012 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

pros:
- lengthening
- it did make my eyes dramatic
- does not clump

cons:
- Spoils VERY quickly (formula turns dry and starts making eyes red! )
- feels heavy on the eyelids (like you have tons of stuff on)
- brush is weird, you end up poking yourself in the eye! (but it does grab all the lashes at once)

I don't curl my lashes so cannot comment on that.

Overall, in the short while it lasted it made my eyelashes look very nice. But due to the shortcomings I will not repurchase and not recommend this.
There are many better mascaras out there.

on 3/26/2012 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was given this mascara by my nan who got it free with an Avon purchase, and thought I may as well give it a try but I wasn't really expecting much... However I was more than surprised! I don't have much experience with Avon products but my inner snob made me think they wouldn't be up to much. This mascara is really good on it's own, or layered with other mascaras, I like to wear more than one mascara to really build up my lashes but this works so well in both ways. I imagine some may think the brush is a bit clumsy; I do, it is quite a large brush but helps to get the product on. It makes my lashes look smooth, long and thick. I can't remember the exact price but I'm sure it's around 5, and remember Avon usually have special offers on... So at that price you may as well give it a go and see what you think!

on 3/10/2012 1:37:00 AM

I've heard a lot about this mascara and looked up a whole bunch of reviews and decided to order it from my Avon Representative. As soon as I received it, I tried it out and I have to say I really like the wand. It grabs all of my lashes, pulls them up and separates them and gives them pretty good volume. One thing I noticed though is that it isn't dramatically black unless you put on 3 coats or more (that is a downfall). For some people that may take too much effort every day, especially when you're in a hurry. The formula can also be a little dry (for me anyway) but it still works well and doesn't clump or flake. Also, the tube is pretty boring. It is a black tube with greenish blue writing (very plain), but other than that a good, cheap mascara.

on 2/10/2012 10:17:00 PM

It was very volumizing and went on smoothly. Sadly, I had a bad batch and it expired rather quickly, which made the formula go on rather gumpy. The first few weeks of using it went rather swell, though! It made my incredibly sparse lashes very voluptuous and gave me the falsies look.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Pros:
Separates eyelashes nice
ok to come off

Cons:
smudges a bit easily
i think it causes redness to my eyes
not organic

More: It is good for a day / natural look but I would like it more if it was more dramatic

on 2/7/2012 8:53:00 PM

I rarely ever do reviews; however, I love this product so much I decided to finally write my first. I have been using this mascara over 2 years now and will NEVER ever switch (unless discontinued, which Im praying never happens!) i am a HUGE mascara fanatic, and have tried literally everything, until I found this mascara. It does everything, lengthens lashes beautifully, and adds volume. It also doesn't clunk, and seperates lashes to make them look beautiful. Lasts all day & doesnt flake or smudge at all. Ive actually had many people ask me if i wear fake eyelashes! :)