October 23, 2014 | 1414 users online

Mascara - Avon - SuperShock Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2012 6:56:00 PM More reviews by TwiPixie

i am on my forth tube of this baby because its just a great everyday mascara: i dont need three different to achieve the effect i want, since i am all for the natural look, no spidery lashes for me.
my only complain is that it isnt reeeally black, like blackest black, but since its so nice i dont think too much about it and just pop a very black top coat when i wish. overall its my go to mascara!
oh and i never paid full price for it, if you wait a bit avon always puts it on sale ;)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2012 11:45:00 PM More reviews by thenaturediva

pros:
- lengthening
- it did make my eyes dramatic
- does not clump

cons:
- Spoils VERY quickly (formula turns dry and starts making eyes red! )
- feels heavy on the eyelids (like you have tons of stuff on)
- brush is weird, you end up poking yourself in the eye! (but it does grab all the lashes at once)

I don't curl my lashes so cannot comment on that.

Overall, in the short while it lasted it made my eyelashes look very nice. But due to the shortcomings I will not repurchase and not recommend this.
There are many better mascaras out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2012 5:12:00 PM More reviews by cat1201

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was given this mascara by my nan who got it free with an Avon purchase, and thought I may as well give it a try but I wasn't really expecting much... However I was more than surprised! I don't have much experience with Avon products but my inner snob made me think they wouldn't be up to much. This mascara is really good on it's own, or layered with other mascaras, I like to wear more than one mascara to really build up my lashes but this works so well in both ways. I imagine some may think the brush is a bit clumsy; I do, it is quite a large brush but helps to get the product on. It makes my lashes look smooth, long and thick. I can't remember the exact price but I'm sure it's around 5, and remember Avon usually have special offers on... So at that price you may as well give it a go and see what you think!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2012 1:37:00 AM More reviews by cassy2790

I've heard a lot about this mascara and looked up a whole bunch of reviews and decided to order it from my Avon Representative. As soon as I received it, I tried it out and I have to say I really like the wand. It grabs all of my lashes, pulls them up and separates them and gives them pretty good volume. One thing I noticed though is that it isn't dramatically black unless you put on 3 coats or more (that is a downfall). For some people that may take too much effort every day, especially when you're in a hurry. The formula can also be a little dry (for me anyway) but it still works well and doesn't clump or flake. Also, the tube is pretty boring. It is a black tube with greenish blue writing (very plain), but other than that a good, cheap mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2012 10:17:00 PM More reviews by QuyneKayVi

It was very volumizing and went on smoothly. Sadly, I had a bad batch and it expired rather quickly, which made the formula go on rather gumpy. The first few weeks of using it went rather swell, though! It made my incredibly sparse lashes very voluptuous and gave me the falsies look.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2012 1:03:00 PM More reviews by 2unknownhaven

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros:
Separates eyelashes nice
ok to come off

Cons:
smudges a bit easily
i think it causes redness to my eyes
not organic

More: It is good for a day / natural look but I would like it more if it was more dramatic

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2012 8:53:00 PM More reviews by Ajunod55

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I rarely ever do reviews; however, I love this product so much I decided to finally write my first. I have been using this mascara over 2 years now and will NEVER ever switch (unless discontinued, which Im praying never happens!) i am a HUGE mascara fanatic, and have tried literally everything, until I found this mascara. It does everything, lengthens lashes beautifully, and adds volume. It also doesn't clunk, and seperates lashes to make them look beautiful. Lasts all day & doesnt flake or smudge at all. Ive actually had many people ask me if i wear fake eyelashes! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2012 11:50:00 PM More reviews by morningviewangel99

I won a full size of this through a mag giveaway, and I was skeptical about it, but it lasts all day without the slightest bit of flaking or racoon eyes, which is super important to me! It also gives decent, though not spectacular, length and volume. Holds curl adequately. My only complaint is that the wand is sooo long, it's difficult not to poke myself in the eye when trying to reach my inner corner lashes. But other than that, it's become my new go to mascara! I will purchase when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2012 6:52:00 AM More reviews by impactblue85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara was a total shock to me - I usually dislike Avon makeup but it's fabulous! Gives really great definition and separation, and made my lashes super dark. Not a volumising mascara that's for sure, but I don't like the thick lash look anyway so it's perfect for me and it doesn't dry out in the tube. And when it's on sale, it's so cheap it's almost unfair to other companies :D

I did find I got better results by using a disposable wand with it. The wand that comes with it is a very thick silicone one and I find that more difficult to get really close to my lashline with. But other than that, a perfect mascara!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2012 12:06:00 PM More reviews by vampyvicki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara. Holy grail for sure. Great volume and separation, plus it makes lashes look fuller. It's a steal for the 5 bucks I paid. I've tried other mascaras including Maybelline Falsies and none of them make my lashes look as great as this one does. The brush that comes with Supershock is much better than your average mascara wand, it's plastic not fibre so it's less messy and even coats smaller lashes. Would never switch from this product. I just hope Avon never discontinue it.