January 28, 2015 | 1917 users online

Powders - Smashbox - Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by JudiWickham

This is the best powder I have ever used! I had almost given up on finding a finishing powder. Either they clogged my pores, or highlghted flaws, or oxidized. Halo powder does not do any of those things. Anti-ageing, glowy, smooth, perfect. One word of caution, the colors are much darker than expected. I normally wear light-medium shades in powders and foundations. In this, I wear the lightest shade, fair. I originally bought light and ended up using it as a subtle bronzer, as it is a light tan shade...

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2012 3:50:00 PM More reviews by serenityx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I brought this in a light/medium shade to go on top of my BB cream which is a shade lighter then my actually skin tone(most BB cream colors are pretty pale). The color matches my skin perfectly which was a relief. It didn't look cakey or flaky which was great.
On the flip side, it had no coverage at all; well at least on my skin it didn't. The brush that it comes with was useless.
The packaging is very smart and convenient because of the twisting function. I actually accidentally dropped it on tiles right after buying it and it was still in good condition.
All in all, I would not be buying this again since it is way too expensive for such an average quality.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2012 10:01:00 AM More reviews by jortuoste

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like the way it sets under my sheer foundation or tinted moisturizer but looks cakey when my forehead gets oily. I will not buy again, too expensive!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by stardoc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I for sure agree on the great packaging. The price, it's way too expensive. Would I buy it, not a chance. I live in Calgary Alberta (dry winters) I have fairly dry skin in the winter especially. I had a great SA apply the 02 shade to 1/2 my face & 02 EA Pure Finish to the other half. I went for coffee with a friend & checked how my face looked a few hours later. The Halo looked a little 'cakey' & had creased into my smile line & around my nose was getting flakey. It was also quite pale looking compared to the EA side (which still looked like I had flawless makeup). With all the raving reviews, I'm surprised Halo was so awful on my skin. Maybe its better for oilier skin? I went back & bought the Pure Finish instead! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2012 4:55:00 AM More reviews by nerdygeek

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My face looked fresh and naturally flawless during the first 2 hours or so then became oily. Brilliant design though.. Twist and dispense. I think that's what made it so expensive. Other than that, it doesn't work.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2012 9:39:00 PM More reviews by DellaSimone

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

PROS: This is a great product - wonderful on my sensitive, acne prone skin, and I'm allergic to everything. Halo provided a wonderful medium-opaque coverage without caking or flaking, or creasing into those laugh lines. Absolutely one of the best powders on the market, IMO.
The packaging is unique, and I do like it - it's portable, has a mirror, and you can control how little or how much you want with a twist.

CONS: Toss the brush it comes with in the garbage, it's worthless. Use your own. Price is steep - $60 for two, maybe two and a half months of use? Eek. Also, my natural color is somewhere in between light and medium, which makes me wish Smashbox would come out with a color in between the two. Also, it's extremely hard to tell when you're about to run out! I usually order another towards the end of the second month, after I found out the hard way when I ran out the first time.

SUMMARY: I would recommend this product just for the fact it's really great on my sensitive, all over the map skin, provides decent coverage and Smashbox is a fantastic brand that rarely disappoints. 4 stars.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2012 8:50:00 PM More reviews by HOPI87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My neice had putchased this and decided to give it to me,This product has been a complete Surprise to me. I was expecting a light coverage with a high shine finish. Boy was I wrong, this powder is awesome!! I have very oily skin and this didn't make it any worse in fact made it better as odd as that may sound. I have also never gotten so many compliments just wearing this powder alone with a little brush and some mascara. Price is steep but it's worth it and the product lasts a long time! I use this almost everyday and I've had it for 4 months now.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2012 12:41:00 PM More reviews by annhf24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like the container it came in, and the mill so that there's not too much powder loose at one time, but the latch on the container broke after a week. No big deal, just makes it difficult to travel with. I can't decide how I feel about this powder. It's not good, not bad. It's just a powder. It's not really a foundation to use on its own, but I use it to set my BB cream sometimes and it does work nicely for that. There's nothing really wrong with it, it's just too expensive for what it does (or doesn't do). I liked bare minerals better.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2012 10:01:00 PM More reviews by bammitch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really love this as a finishing powder. It makes my face look so smooth. I almost never go without wearing it. It's pretty expensive but definitely worth it IMO. The packaging is neat.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2012 12:42:00 PM More reviews by annabanana11

When I first bought this I was so incredibly angry with myself, I looked cakey and pale, and I had spent $60 to look that way! Since I spent so much money I was determined to try it for a few days before I returned it, and boy am I glad that I did. I am super pale with moderate acne...so that translates to red as well, and I noticed the second morning after using this that my skin felt unusually smooth and was even toned instead of its usual pink tinge. This is the only new thing I used, so I was amazed that this powder that looked so awful on me was living up to its supposed positive skin effects. Needless to say, I was determined to find a way to make it look good. Instead of using a big powder brush, I used a compact buki instead and buffed it in.... beautiful luminous skin!
I am now so pleased with my purchase I plan to buy again and again and again.