Smashbox Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder

3.6

Mica, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Isopropyl Linoleate, Synthetic Wax, Polymethyl-silsesquioxane, Water, Zinc Stearate, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Silica, Caprylyl Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Barium Sulfate, Dimethylacrylamide/Acrylic Acid/Polystyrene Ethyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Ethoxydiglycol, Sodium Dehydroaceatate, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract (Goji Berry), Trisodium Edta, Peat Extract, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Palmitoyl Hexapeptide-14, Dimethicone, Gold. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 1/6/2013 3:19:00 PM

I love the packaging concept but the product itself isn't impressive enough for the money. It's good, it doesn't break me out and the coverage is nice (I don't want heavy coverage) but my forehead still gets oily half way through the day. It's ok but I won't repurchase.

on 1/4/2013 5:16:00 PM

This is the best powder I have ever used! I had almost given up on finding a finishing powder. Either they clogged my pores, or highlghted flaws, or oxidized. Halo powder does not do any of those things. Anti-ageing, glowy, smooth, perfect. One word of caution, the colors are much darker than expected. I normally wear light-medium shades in powders and foundations. In this, I wear the lightest shade, fair. I originally bought light and ended up using it as a subtle bronzer, as it is a light tan shade...

on 12/23/2012 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

I brought this in a light/medium shade to go on top of my BB cream which is a shade lighter then my actually skin tone(most BB cream colors are pretty pale). The color matches my skin perfectly which was a relief. It didn't look cakey or flaky which was great.
On the flip side, it had no coverage at all; well at least on my skin it didn't. The brush that it comes with was useless.
The packaging is very smart and convenient because of the twisting function. I actually accidentally dropped it on tiles right after buying it and it was still in good condition.
All in all, I would not be buying this again since it is way too expensive for such an average quality.

on 12/7/2012 10:01:00 AM

I like the way it sets under my sheer foundation or tinted moisturizer but looks cakey when my forehead gets oily. I will not buy again, too expensive!

on 12/4/2012 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I for sure agree on the great packaging. The price, it's way too expensive. Would I buy it, not a chance. I live in Calgary Alberta (dry winters) I have fairly dry skin in the winter especially. I had a great SA apply the 02 shade to 1/2 my face & 02 EA Pure Finish to the other half. I went for coffee with a friend & checked how my face looked a few hours later. The Halo looked a little 'cakey' & had creased into my smile line & around my nose was getting flakey. It was also quite pale looking compared to the EA side (which still looked like I had flawless makeup). With all the raving reviews, I'm surprised Halo was so awful on my skin. Maybe its better for oilier skin? I went back & bought the Pure Finish instead! :)

on 11/28/2012 4:55:00 AM

My face looked fresh and naturally flawless during the first 2 hours or so then became oily. Brilliant design though.. Twist and dispense. I think that's what made it so expensive. Other than that, it doesn't work.

on 11/23/2012 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

PROS: This is a great product - wonderful on my sensitive, acne prone skin, and I'm allergic to everything. Halo provided a wonderful medium-opaque coverage without caking or flaking, or creasing into those laugh lines. Absolutely one of the best powders on the market, IMO.
The packaging is unique, and I do like it - it's portable, has a mirror, and you can control how little or how much you want with a twist.

CONS: Toss the brush it comes with in the garbage, it's worthless. Use your own. Price is steep - $60 for two, maybe two and a half months of use? Eek. Also, my natural color is somewhere in between light and medium, which makes me wish Smashbox would come out with a color in between the two. Also, it's extremely hard to tell when you're about to run out! I usually order another towards the end of the second month, after I found out the hard way when I ran out the first time.

SUMMARY: I would recommend this product just for the fact it's really great on my sensitive, all over the map skin, provides decent coverage and Smashbox is a fantastic brand that rarely disappoints. 4 stars.

on 11/23/2012 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

My neice had putchased this and decided to give it to me,This product has been a complete Surprise to me. I was expecting a light coverage with a high shine finish. Boy was I wrong, this powder is awesome!! I have very oily skin and this didn't make it any worse in fact made it better as odd as that may sound. I have also never gotten so many compliments just wearing this powder alone with a little brush and some mascara. Price is steep but it's worth it and the product lasts a long time! I use this almost everyday and I've had it for 4 months now.

on 10/20/2012 12:41:00 PM

I like the container it came in, and the mill so that there's not too much powder loose at one time, but the latch on the container broke after a week. No big deal, just makes it difficult to travel with. I can't decide how I feel about this powder. It's not good, not bad. It's just a powder. It's not really a foundation to use on its own, but I use it to set my BB cream sometimes and it does work nicely for that. There's nothing really wrong with it, it's just too expensive for what it does (or doesn't do). I liked bare minerals better.

on 10/17/2012 10:01:00 PM

I really love this as a finishing powder. It makes my face look so smooth. I almost never go without wearing it. It's pretty expensive but definitely worth it IMO. The packaging is neat.

Top Rated Smashbox Products