Chanel UV Essentiel Protective UV Care Anti Pollution SPF 50

cyclopentaxiloxane, zinc oxide (19%) , aqua, ethylhexyl methoxynamate (7.5%), alchohol denat, isononyl isonanoate, dipropyleneglcol,glycerin, neopenthyl glycol dicaprate, polymethilsilsesquioxane, polymethyl methacrylate, dimeticone, triethoxycaprylylsilane, PEG-9polydimethylsiloxethl dimethicone, propylene glycol, thocopheryi acetate, butyleneglycol, parfum, hydrolyzed wheat protein, mannitol, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymere, methylparabean, glycogen, panax ginseng root extract, aesculus hippocastanum eed exract, tilia cordata wood extract, trimethoxycaprylylsilane, sodium citrate, sodium hyaluronate, chlorphenesin, Faex,bht, peg -40 hydrogenated castor oil, glycyrrhiza glabra extract, phenoxyethanol, calcium panthothenate, biotin, butylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, titanium dioxide.

on 4/17/2012 4:34:00 AM

I'm sorry to bring the ratings down, but Chanel has reformulated this product and since they've done so, what had been my HG has now become a very expensive mistake. Pre-reformulation, this was an unbelievable product - fresh, dry, non sticky, cool on the face, perfect under makeup... a dream product.

I find the reformulated product much oilier, doesn't sink in as well, just feels greasy. I love the very high ZO % but that's about it. And for those who say its not whitening, I don't believe you are using enough to get adequate coverage because it definitely leaves a white cast when you use enough! This doesn't bother me as I'm quite fair, but it may be problematic for those with darker complexions.

In a way I'm glad because now I won't be lemming this anymore :-)

on 2/26/2012 2:19:00 AM

Far and away my favorite sunscreen. I have sensitive, oily, easily congested skin that is very fair. I've always wanted to wear a sunscreen daily but I found that they would break me out, irritate my skin, or feel really heavy. On a whim I tried this and I LOVED it. That was about a year and a half ago and I've bought it 4 times since then. It feels amazing on my skin and never breaks me out. I find this sufficiently moisturizing in the morning to use on its own. It is annoying that it costs $50, but this is so essential in my skincare routine that it is worth it. With daily use a bottle lasts me about 3 months.

on 1/22/2012 8:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I really don't know why I insisted on buying this last year when i spent the whole summer in Sweden but i did. It's not available here so i bought it (way overpriced btw :() from an online retailer. But im glad i did! On application it leaves a slight white cast but after about 30 mins it's invisible. I didn't really put it to the test under the scorching desert sun but it did hold up perfectly under the swedish summer sun. It leaves a matte but not powdery finish and despite my dry skin i didn't find it at all drying (despite the alcohol it contains!). It works great under make-up and has that pleasant Chanel smell (same as the Hydramax-line). Also, it helps your face stay cool which is a BIG plus. I used a different spf (also 50+ btw) on my body and the Chanel on my face and whilst my body felt sweaty and hot my face stayed completely cool! Without a sunhat! The only major drawback i can think of would be the steep price. Recommended!

on 1/12/2012 4:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am SOO in love with this product, I bought 3 already, lol. One for home, one for my purse, and one to keep in my glove compartment! I have combination/ oily skin and this product absorbs like magic into my skin! Not only that but it doesn't turn oily later AND makes a great base for my foundation, either powder or liquid. I can't stop raving about it! Also, my skin tone looks way more even two months into using it. People have asked if I have had some kind of procedure done on my skin. Needless to say, for me, its a keeper! Most definitely buying again! ;)

on 12/1/2011 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I had to return it because I got small whiteheads all over my forehead and cheeks that went away as soon as I stopped using it. But I still give it a rating of 3 because this has worked for a lot of people and I wish it worked for my skin as it is one of the few mineral sunscreens that is easy to apply, no white cast for the high spf, and easy to remove. If it works for your skin type, its definitely a keeper despite the price.

on 11/26/2011 10:42:00 AM

One of the best products I have ever used, very light and does not irritate my sensitive skin, very pleasant scent.

on 11/14/2011 5:15:00 PM

UPDATE: I thought i had found my perfect sunscreen, but this last bottle was greasy and broke out my skin badly--problems i never had with this product before! so now i realize they changed the formulation :( so i'm very very bummed and back to no sunscreen and resorting to hats when i hang out outdoors (pain)

i LOVE this stuff. and i am extremely picky about sunscreen. i am allergic to the chemical ones and most cause breakouts, but this one is:
lightweight, silky, zinc physical (primarily) sunscreen, high spf 50, doesn't make me feel greasy, look white, or cause major breakouts like all the others have and once it soaks in i can't even tell its on.
it was practically worth risking sun damage before to avoid those nasty breakouts from the various sunscreens i had tried, but i am soooo happy to have found this one!!!!! the price is steep but mine lasted for 5 months using about a dime size daily and so it isn't that bad when you think about how superior this product is.
also chanel doesn't test on animals so that is another reason i like it.
worth every penny to me and will keep buying as long as i can afford it.

on 11/12/2011 4:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

ok, I started to wear sunscreen since I was eleven so I could protect my face, well actually my mom insisted me too.
my mom forbids me to buy drugstore skincare so I just follow her when she buys me skincare and makeup :)

I think I have around 3 chanel skincares that I've reviewed so far, but I'll try to add more.

My morning skincare routine is this:
1) wash my face with cold water
2) use Chanel beaute initial eye gel
3) Use Chanel hydramax gel creme
4) Use Chanel sunscreen

i'm not sure what I can say about this sunscreen, I've recently been to India and i've came back and I've got a beautiful tan. but the thing is suncreen does NOT avoid your tanned! i'm fourteen, I dont have brown spots or wrinkles what so ever, so I can't say, all I can do is to prevent myself from having these problems.
it's a pretty decent sunscreen i'm not sure how much it is but i'm assuming it wont be cheap since it's Chanel.

I do recommend! :)

on 10/31/2011 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this sunscreen, even though it has fragrance it does not irritate my sensitive skin at all nor does it cause any breakouts. It does leave a very slight white cast, but it doesnt bother me as I just use Mac studiofix powder over it. It is very lightweight and I like how it is matte and has a high Zinc content. The price is very high for the amount you get though (30ml) but otherwise it is worth it for the non greasy factor and high protection! EDIT: I use this every day and I am now on my 3rd bottle with soon to be purchasing my 4th! HG. I hope they never discontinue this!!

on 9/29/2011 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I'd buy this again, but only if I were going on a long, sunny vacation. It was wonderful for that - I went to Hawaii, and needed something that wouldn't provoke my sensitive/acne skin and this was great. It was light, but very effective.