April 17, 2014 | 1873 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Clinique - Redness Solutions Daily Protective Base

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2011 5:09:00 PM More reviews by Kristenhonto

This works fairly well to neutralize pimples but I wouldn't put it over your entire face...it's very thick and smells kind of like pickles. (Yes, pickles). I use it under concealer to try and hide blemishes, but that's it. I don't think I will purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2011 8:05:00 AM More reviews by enzyme1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

overall This product is a mixed bag, as others have mentioned the texture is thick and clagy. it made me feel like my skin was congested and made white heads appear on my face, the colour made me really pale but i thought it did reduce the redness on my checks, redness is something i really hate and wish didnt affect me at all.
i used this product on and off for a while but now it is retired since i have better lotions to use anyway

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2011 11:10:00 AM More reviews by PeachyKeen04

I'm conflicted about this product. On first application, I hated it. Hated. The texture is too think and extremely hard to blend into the skin. I tried to use it a handful of times and then just gave up. I found it recently and decided to try mixing it with my moisurizer (about 1 part each). Used that way I really like this product and have been using that mixture for about 2 weeks now and I am really enjoying it. Wouldn't repurchase however, it's just too much work to get it right!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2010 1:36:00 AM More reviews by jennbrook

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Back to Sephora it went. I tried it 3 times and all I have to say is boo.

I have occasional reactive redness which bothers me to no end. It was recommended I try this green base. It didn't do ANYTHING to counter-act my redness. Once I blended it in, you couldn't even tell I applied anything at all.

The texture was weird, doesn't apply easily, felt as if I had to tug at my skin.

I'm glad if it works for some. Redness can be such a complete pain. It just didn't work for me. You wanna know what does work for me? Nothing with a fragrance, no hot water on my face, no sun on my face (sunscreen is a necessity) a good quality AHA and a light weight moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2010 5:54:00 AM More reviews by LovelyNo5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

At first I liked this product. Then I didn't like it so much anymore, because I felt it made my skin congested and it didn't work so well underneath my liquid foundations. I had 6 or 7 little 15 ml tubes that came in the trial kits that I kept buying, because I wasn't sure whether to splurge on the big sizes or not. I finally did and haven't regretted it. The little tubes of the primer were just lying there though, unused. I thought I'd throw them away, but I kept them and I'm very, very glad I did.
This primer works great underneath my BE foundation. It keeps the minerals from oxidizing and the foundation lasts all day, no kidding! The more I use this primer (along with the Redness Solutions cleanser and moisturizer, both of which I love), the better my skin becomes. I'm a lot less red than I used to be and my skin is softer and plumper.
This doesn't cause any breakouts for me now, so I'm thinking it must have been the liquid foundations that did that to my skin (MAC Studio Sculpt in particular, as it dries my skin out like crazy). I love the whole Redness range and I hope they never stop making it. It's saved my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/30/2010 11:53:00 PM More reviews by portsofcall

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After trying various products, this was a waste. When I blend it in, it seems I used nothing. Trying the mineral make-up now and concealed it well so far.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2010 12:03:00 PM More reviews by muppet1

After using the other products in the redness range and loving them, I had high hopes for this, however after receiving a sample I was dissapointed as it felt too thick, very tacky and made me far too pale even with my foundation over the top. Instead I bought City Block Sheer SPF25 today after also having a sample of that and prefering it greatly.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2010 2:57:00 PM More reviews by theserpentsapple

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this from Sephora, used it for 5 days and it's ok. It is stickier than MUFE or Smashbox primers. It does an ok job of neutralizing my redness but it doesn't eliminate it completely. It does leave a green cast on my skin, though. My foundation covers it, but I seem to look more pale when I wear it. I'd buy it again if I was totally broke, couldn't afford Smashbox or MUFE and had to choose between being red and blotchy or wearing this for two months.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2010 9:36:00 PM More reviews by bhindhazeleyez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had high hopes, but I was disappointed in this product! :( I have rosacea and usually pile on concealer, which helps some, but I was looking for something to tone down the redness. Unfortunately, I don't think this does anything for my redness. Once I blend it in, my face looks exactly the same as it did before I applied it. As far as being a primer, it's nothing special. It's ok for liquid foundation, but when I try to apply mineral foundation, it gets kinda cakey and uneven looking. I do notice that I get oily quickly when wearing this under foundation. I also think it is kinda pricey and there are cheaper options out there. The only good thing I have to say is that it does *somewhat* make the pores on my nose look slightly smaller.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2010 3:07:00 PM More reviews by initword1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not for me!

I have minor redness on my cheeks and major redness around my jawline, I found this pretty moisturising and didn't cause breakouts but didn't feel nice on my acne, pretty good for ll skin types but very oily skinned people beware! Go for the mineral powder instead.

As for the redness correcting, it was minimal, I would recmmend for someone with seere redness to tone it down but it was just to sheer for me to notice any difference. Didn't notice any long term redness decreasing either even with the daily relief cream.

I have an altenative in the form of a green 2 coverstick from boots natural collection, full coverage. Done!