Clinique Redness Solutions Daily Protective Base

3.2

active ingredients: titanium dioxide 6.40% [] zinc oxide 2.00% ingredients: water\aqua\eau [] trioctyldodecyl citrate [] cyclopentasiloxane [] butylene glycol [] c12-15 alkyl benzoate [] steareth-2 [] stearyl dimethicone [] tricaprylyl citrate [] silica [] barium sulfate [] lecithin [] sorbitan tristearate [] aluminum stearate [] sea whip extract [] glyceryl stearate [] tocopheryl acetate [] peg-100 stearate [] sucrose [] pantethine [] caffeine [] octyldodecyl neopentanoate [] ceteth-2 [] peg-40 stearate [] dimethicone [] cetearyl alcohol [] glycosaminoglycans [] peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone [] steareth-20 [] bisabolol [] magnesium ascorbyl phosphate [] polyglyceryl-6 polyricinoleate [] phytosphingosine [] sodium stearate [] magnesium aluminum silicate [] caprylyl glycol [] isopropyl titanium triisostearate [] stearic acid [] hexylene glycol [] xanthan gum [] citric acid [] disodium edta [] bht [] phenoxyethanol [] iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) [] chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289)

on 8/1/2011 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

At first I really hated this product. I felt like it did nothing for my redness and left me oily and greasy. I returned it to sephora and moved onto to Lorac Neutralizer. Well, I recently received this in a swap and decided to try it out again. After a little experimenting I have found a routine and I really like it. I apply just a tiny bit of this (almost a pea sized drop) after my moisturizer. I use either a skunk brush or a flat topped brush to apply, then I follow with my tinted moisturizer and powder to set. I HATE the way this applies when I use my fingers, but if I use a brush, its perfection. It hides my redness and leaves a nice canvas for my TM. I dont get very oily anymore either. My tube is just about gone and I'm about to order another one from Sephora.

on 6/13/2011 7:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

So far so good. I've got a sample of this and am making my own BB cream by mixing 2/3rds redness solution with 1/3rd Revlon Colourstay foundation. Works great in my opinion as I don't need to use nearly as much of my foundation and I look far more natural. Will use up the sample then order it online (it costs about $80 here in NZ but much cheaper online).

on 2/25/2011 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This works fairly well to neutralize pimples but I wouldn't put it over your entire face...it's very thick and smells kind of like pickles. (Yes, pickles). I use it under concealer to try and hide blemishes, but that's it. I don't think I will purchase.

on 1/23/2011 8:05:00 AM

overall This product is a mixed bag, as others have mentioned the texture is thick and clagy. it made me feel like my skin was congested and made white heads appear on my face, the colour made me really pale but i thought it did reduce the redness on my checks, redness is something i really hate and wish didnt affect me at all.
i used this product on and off for a while but now it is retired since i have better lotions to use anyway

on 1/22/2011 11:10:00 AM

I'm conflicted about this product. On first application, I hated it. Hated. The texture is too think and extremely hard to blend into the skin. I tried to use it a handful of times and then just gave up. I found it recently and decided to try mixing it with my moisurizer (about 1 part each). Used that way I really like this product and have been using that mixture for about 2 weeks now and I am really enjoying it. Wouldn't repurchase however, it's just too much work to get it right!

on 11/11/2010 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Back to Sephora it went. I tried it 3 times and all I have to say is boo.

I have occasional reactive redness which bothers me to no end. It was recommended I try this green base. It didn't do ANYTHING to counter-act my redness. Once I blended it in, you couldn't even tell I applied anything at all.

The texture was weird, doesn't apply easily, felt as if I had to tug at my skin.

I'm glad if it works for some. Redness can be such a complete pain. It just didn't work for me. You wanna know what does work for me? Nothing with a fragrance, no hot water on my face, no sun on my face (sunscreen is a necessity) a good quality AHA and a light weight moisturizer.

on 10/31/2010 5:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

At first I liked this product. Then I didn't like it so much anymore, because I felt it made my skin congested and it didn't work so well underneath my liquid foundations. I had 6 or 7 little 15 ml tubes that came in the trial kits that I kept buying, because I wasn't sure whether to splurge on the big sizes or not. I finally did and haven't regretted it. The little tubes of the primer were just lying there though, unused. I thought I'd throw them away, but I kept them – and I'm very, very glad I did.
This primer works great underneath my BE foundation. It keeps the minerals from oxidizing and the foundation lasts all day, no kidding! The more I use this primer (along with the Redness Solutions cleanser and moisturizer, both of which I love), the better my skin becomes. I'm a lot less red than I used to be and my skin is softer and plumper.
This doesn't cause any breakouts for me now, so I'm thinking it must have been the liquid foundations that did that to my skin (MAC Studio Sculpt in particular, as it dries my skin out like crazy). I love the whole Redness range and I hope they never stop making it. It's saved my skin.

on 10/30/2010 11:53:00 PM

After trying various products, this was a waste. When I blend it in, it seems I used nothing. Trying the mineral make-up now and concealed it well so far.

on 10/15/2010 12:03:00 PM

After using the other products in the redness range and loving them, I had high hopes for this, however after receiving a sample I was dissapointed as it felt too thick, very tacky and made me far too pale even with my foundation over the top. Instead I bought City Block Sheer SPF25 today after also having a sample of that and prefering it greatly.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I got a sample of this from Sephora, used it for 5 days and it's ok. It is stickier than MUFE or Smashbox primers. It does an ok job of neutralizing my redness but it doesn't eliminate it completely. It does leave a green cast on my skin, though. My foundation covers it, but I seem to look more pale when I wear it. I'd buy it again if I was totally broke, couldn't afford Smashbox or MUFE and had to choose between being red and blotchy or wearing this for two months.

Popular Primer/ Correctors