Clinique Redness Solutions Daily Protective Base

3.2

active ingredients: titanium dioxide 6.40% [] zinc oxide 2.00% ingredients: water\aqua\eau [] trioctyldodecyl citrate [] cyclopentasiloxane [] butylene glycol [] c12-15 alkyl benzoate [] steareth-2 [] stearyl dimethicone [] tricaprylyl citrate [] silica [] barium sulfate [] lecithin [] sorbitan tristearate [] aluminum stearate [] sea whip extract [] glyceryl stearate [] tocopheryl acetate [] peg-100 stearate [] sucrose [] pantethine [] caffeine [] octyldodecyl neopentanoate [] ceteth-2 [] peg-40 stearate [] dimethicone [] cetearyl alcohol [] glycosaminoglycans [] peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone [] steareth-20 [] bisabolol [] magnesium ascorbyl phosphate [] polyglyceryl-6 polyricinoleate [] phytosphingosine [] sodium stearate [] magnesium aluminum silicate [] caprylyl glycol [] isopropyl titanium triisostearate [] stearic acid [] hexylene glycol [] xanthan gum [] citric acid [] disodium edta [] bht [] phenoxyethanol [] iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) [] chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289)

on 11/10/2011 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have mild rosacea that I don't even bother to cover up most days as my skin is pretty even toned.

I bought this because I'm always in search of a sunscreen that doesn't make my skin flare up. HOLY SHEET! This is not it!

I know it only has titanium dioxide and zinc oxide in it and my skin shouldn't react to it but there's something in it that made my skin burn and turn red as soon as I put it on. I had to get it off of my face ASAP and put on a soothing mask. Even then I had redness and burning for the rest of the day.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have redness on my cheeks which is worse towards my jawline.
I was given this to try, I dont normally buy clinique products because I think that for what they do they are over priced.
You only need to use this sparingly, it left a green cast on my skin and made me look very pale. Under foundation though, it did its job, the redness was reduced and my liquid foundation went on over it smoothly.
I dont think this would be good with powder because despite only using a small amount it is still pretty thick, my skin felt slightly congested. It didnt do anything to improve the condition of my skin but it didnt make it worse. I also didnt notice a pickle smell that other people have!
I would have purchased this when I ran out out but I discovered that a small amount of mineral powder foundation on red patches, under my liquid foundation works even better for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I really like this and it suits my acne rosacea skin. It doesn't make me break out, but if you use too much of it it can make you look a bit greasy. The green tint doesn't conceal redness completely but it helps tone it down and even out skin. I've repurchased this a couple of times now as I use it almost everyday throughout the year.

on 8/30/2011 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ok, so as a primer-not so much. Its too greasy to be effective on my oily skin. Plus it gives an odd green cast to my face. I honestly would rather spot treat my red patches with concealor. That being said, it didn't irritate or break me out. I like the smell (sorta like pickles) but then again I'm weird like that...... But here's the interesting thing: My toddler is potty training so she wears big girl undies for her naps instead of diapers. Yesterday she had an accident and I didn't realize she was wet until she woke up. By then her bottom was really red from being in her wet undies. Because she only wears diapers at night, we haven't had use for diaper rash cream in awhile so of course I couldn't find a tube. But I did have my Clinique Redness Relief Primer. Dabbed a bit on the rash and it worked like a charm! Redness and irritation totally gone! Normally takes a diaper rash cream a day or two to do what this did in one application (and trust me, I was using it very sparingly). So yay! This won't rot in my bathroom drawer after all :)

on 8/14/2011 6:54:00 PM

I had such a bad reaction to this product. I know it's not the silicone as I have used products with silicone in before and not had an adverse reaction.
On application it did nothing to cover my redness, it felt odd to apply, and took ages to sink into my skin, leaving behind a greasy residue.
After removing my make-up (which didn't stay on very long on top of this) my entire face was bright red, and I had broken out in my nose and chin area. My skin was tender to touch, and the redness did not fade for 2 days, the breakouts lasted 3.
I changed nothing else in my routine so I know this product caused it.
I will never use a Clinique product again, as the two products I have used from them have been of poor quality.

on 8/1/2011 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

At first I really hated this product. I felt like it did nothing for my redness and left me oily and greasy. I returned it to sephora and moved onto to Lorac Neutralizer. Well, I recently received this in a swap and decided to try it out again. After a little experimenting I have found a routine and I really like it. I apply just a tiny bit of this (almost a pea sized drop) after my moisturizer. I use either a skunk brush or a flat topped brush to apply, then I follow with my tinted moisturizer and powder to set. I HATE the way this applies when I use my fingers, but if I use a brush, its perfection. It hides my redness and leaves a nice canvas for my TM. I dont get very oily anymore either. My tube is just about gone and I'm about to order another one from Sephora.

on 6/13/2011 7:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

So far so good. I've got a sample of this and am making my own BB cream by mixing 2/3rds redness solution with 1/3rd Revlon Colourstay foundation. Works great in my opinion as I don't need to use nearly as much of my foundation and I look far more natural. Will use up the sample then order it online (it costs about $80 here in NZ but much cheaper online).

on 2/25/2011 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This works fairly well to neutralize pimples but I wouldn't put it over your entire face...it's very thick and smells kind of like pickles. (Yes, pickles). I use it under concealer to try and hide blemishes, but that's it. I don't think I will purchase.

on 1/23/2011 8:05:00 AM

overall This product is a mixed bag, as others have mentioned the texture is thick and clagy. it made me feel like my skin was congested and made white heads appear on my face, the colour made me really pale but i thought it did reduce the redness on my checks, redness is something i really hate and wish didnt affect me at all.
i used this product on and off for a while but now it is retired since i have better lotions to use anyway

on 1/22/2011 11:10:00 AM

I'm conflicted about this product. On first application, I hated it. Hated. The texture is too think and extremely hard to blend into the skin. I tried to use it a handful of times and then just gave up. I found it recently and decided to try mixing it with my moisurizer (about 1 part each). Used that way I really like this product and have been using that mixture for about 2 weeks now and I am really enjoying it. Wouldn't repurchase however, it's just too much work to get it right!

Popular Primer/ Correctors