April 19, 2014 | 1086 users online

Toners - Rosewater

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2012 3:58:00 AM More reviews by cherryme

Funny enough (or not!) Rosewater clogs my pores!! I have been wanting to try it for a while and I finally bought it.
I was very excited to use it and when I did, I noticed that my pores were clogged. I stopped for few days then I tried it again and I did this on and off for few weeks to see if it was really the Rosewater. And it was . WHY? What works for LOTS of people doesn't work for me!
I am VERY VERY clog prone. Nothing works for me! It smells nice, it makes my skin smooth and it gives a nice glow and I like the feeling of it on my skin but it clogs me (sad).

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2012 1:32:00 AM More reviews by melangerehab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have switched from a harsh and chemical skincare regimen to a more natural one - honey to cleanse, rosewater to tone, and I'm experimenting with oils for moisturizers, though I'm using my leftover Neutrogena when I'm being lazy.

My skin has never looked this good. Except for my god awful hormonal pimples that come once a month, my acne is gone. Rosewater smells nice and my skin is less oily. I wish I had started using this sooner.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2012 10:48:00 PM More reviews by rsrs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this to set my mineral makeup and I love it.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2012 9:29:00 PM More reviews by KeLLsTar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Rose water is an amazing product. So versatile and very gentle. I have rosacea & it's one of just a few products that doesn't annoy my skin.

I tried Lush's Eau Roma Water which is a mixture of rose & lavender water and liked it, however I noticed that it also contained perfume. I used it up & decided it would be cheaper for me to just mix it myself.

I bought a litre of rose water for about $9.90 & created a spray bottle on its own, as well as a spray bottle mixed with lavender water. It lasts for ages & is very economical. It also does not have the additives that a skin care company adds to their glorified rose water. Unnecessary! I definitely recommend that you try it!

Here's what I use it for;

- Cleanser (when feeling lazy & not wearing makeup)
- Toner (after cleansing)
- Face refresher (at work, &/or in hot weather)
- Neck refresher (in hot weather)
- To freshen & cool my feet in hot weather
- To set my makeup
- As a subtle & relaxing fragrance

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2012 5:58:00 PM More reviews by bunbunny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

How is it possible for my skin to be this smooth? Never have I ever had such supple, smooth skin!
It's the perfect amount of moisture I need after I wash my face in the evening with a veggie soap and in the morning when I just use water.
I feel like my skin is so glowy and clean and healthy-looking. It also leaves my skin with a VERY slight rose smell. I like that it's a real rose smell. Not too sweet and fake like many "rose" products smell nowadays. And that's because of the only ingredient it contains, of course.
Also, it comes in a spray bottle which is great.

I couldn't be happier about this product. There are no CONS whatsoever.

UPDATE: I have found that my skin doesn't get nearly as oily as it used it to. I first noticed this in the morning, after applying it the night before, and I thought "Nah, I probably rubbed my face on my pillow all night." So I sprayed my face in the morning and observed my skin the entire day.
I'm in awe. It's like a moisturizer and primer and serum in one. But it's only one ingredient and it's so so so healthy for my skin.
Honestly, I cannot believe how much my skin has transformed. I am very thankful for this wonderful gift from Mother Earth.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by firdawsxpatel

I use 100% Distilled Rose Water by the brand "Cedar" that I buy at a local south Asian grocery store in my area. It has no colour, and is just clear. I just started using this yesterday, because I had the worst breakout! I used it in the morning and over night, and when I woke up my skin looked so much brighter, and it soothed my skin and took away a lot of the redness. In one night, the breakout started clearing up! And I also love the scent, and how it lingers and you can still smell it when you wake up. I will definitely repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2012 4:35:00 AM More reviews by chloeanne7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a beauty junkie I use so many expensive luxury skin brands but Pure Rosewater as a toner is one beauty thing I have never been able to beat.

I've used this for ten years since I was a teenager, I get it for $6.95AUD from the freo markets in Western Australia.

This is the one skin product that has been in my routine for years. It just feels so beautifully refreshing on my skin, I feel it calms and moisturises my skin and just makes it feel alive.

I have oily skin and everything I've read that witchhazel is better for oily skin and rosewater is good for dry but I just can't get enough of how nice this makes my skin feel.

It's so calming on my skin it brings down inflammation.

I always bring some in a little spray bottle when I fly to spitz and refreshen I think it's better then thermal water.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2012 12:30:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I use sunrose aromatics rosewater hydrosol. Works as a toner for normal to dry skin types (no alcohol) and smells great, too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2012 11:28:00 AM More reviews by ExpatBeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

* Product - 100% all-natural organic rosewater. Ingredients: Rosa Damascena flower water, potassium sorbate (skin conditioning agent) and citric acid (pH balancer).

* Here in Belgium and France, rose water is ubiquitous. You can find it just about everywhere, including supermarkets, drugstores, health food stores (aka: Bio shops), pharmacies and parapharmacies. It comes in every size and format, even by the massive multi-liter! It’s simple, classic and affordable. Why is it so popular? Because it’s all natural and is suitable for all skin types. Rose water has anti-inflammatory properties and helps to repair skin cells and regenerate new skin tissue. For dry and sensitive skin, it tones, refreshes, moisturizes and soothes without irritating. For oily and acne-prone skin, its astringent properties cleanses and helps regulate sebum secretion. For all skin types, it brightens the complexion and soothes redness and various skin irritations.

* How I like to use rose water:
- As a moisturizer: I like to pat (not spritz) rose water onto my skin with clean hands prior to applying moisturizer for added moisture. I find patting it in to the skin to be less wasteful than spritzing.
- As a toner: I like to use it to remove impurities that my makeup remover might have missed.
- As a skin brightener: I use it to help fade dark spots and reduce acne blemishes.
- As a makeup setting spray: I lightly spritz it on my face as a makeup setting spray. I used to use MAC Fix+ spray but not anymore.
- As a refresher for tired eyes: I like to moisten cotton disks with rose water and then place over the eyes to soothe.
- As a remedy for minor skin irritations: I like to use rose water to treat minor bug bites, rashes, dry and flaky skin.
- As an ingredient in a DIY facial mask: I substitute rose water whenever a facial mask recipes calls for water.
- As part of my facial mask regimen: I also like to moisten my face with a little bit of rose water prior to applying my favorite Cattier Paris Masque Argile Clay Rose facial mask.
- As part of my anti-aging treatment: After gently patting rose water into my skin with clean hands after cleansing, I like to apply rose hip oil to my eye area to help soften fine lines at night.
- As a scalp treatment: I spritz all over my scalp to nourish and condition the scalp and counter any possible dandruff.
- As a hair volumizing mist: After lightly towel drying my hair, I like to spritz rose water throughout as a leave-in conditioning treatment. Where I live, the tap water is very hard and it wreaks havoc on my skin and hair. Rose water gives my hair lots of body and volume, without weighing it down or damaging it. And since this is all-natural, I think that rose water would be suitable for colour-treated hair as well.

* Scent - Surprisingly, rose water is only very lightly scented and is not overwhelming. It’s not at all like rosehip oil which has a peculiar scent to it. I was initially afraid of using rose water because I thought that I would be overcome by a garden full of roses but let me assure you, it’s not the case at all! There is a rose scent but it dissipates fairly quickly in my experience.

* Tips - In France, rose water is typically bottled in cute retro dark blue glass bottles to ensure that it’s stable. Stored in the fridge, it's a great refresher in the hot summer months! Also, be sure to check the ingredient list. The ingredient list should be short and simple and importantly, there should be NO alcohol. Alcohol can cause irritation, dryness, and free-radical damage.

* Interesting note - For anyone who’s familiar with famous French actresses like Catherine Deneuve, Isabelle Adjani, Emmanuelle Béart, Audrey Tatou as well as British actress Kristin Scott-Thomas, these actresses are all clients of "celebrity hair stylist / colourist to the stars", Christopher Robin (at the über-chic Hôtel Le Meurice in Paris and hair consultant to L’Oreal Paris for over a decade). He’s got an entire line of very exclusive, very pricey “rose extract” hair products that tout all the same wonderful qualities described above ;)

* Price - Very affordable. Generally under € 5 for a 200 ml. bottle (depending on brand).

* Verdict - I’m so happy to have discovered rose water and cannot imagine going a single day without it. It's affordable and versatile and every time I use it, I feel that it's money well spent. This is a classic French beauty staple that works very well for me, my skin and my hair. Recommended!

44 out of 46 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2012 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Vikilu

It's a decent product but it dries out my skin. I paid $7.99 plus tax for a 8oz bottle at Wholefoods. The only thing good about it is that it comes with a spray bottle. I originally bought it to use as a toner but now I only use it as air spray. Anyway, I discovered the real rose water in the ethnic food section at Wholefoods. The brand is Indo-European and it is from Lebanon. It's food-grade rose water in a simple 10oz glass bottle with a metal cap.The price is $2.69. I like it both as a toner and a refresher. It is a lot better than the Heritage one.

10 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No