July 26, 2014 | 1463 users online

Foundations - Revlon - Custom Creations Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2010 2:22:00 PM More reviews by PinkKandi

I love the texture of this product. It really reminds me of a couple of L'Oreal and Almay produtcs I used to purchase that were discontinued. My only issue is one that a couple of other people had- I really only use one or two shades and it feels like it runs out really fast. I don't think they needed to make so many different shades, but this is still my favorite "inexpensive" foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2010 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Mariannie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT. I have olive toned skin, and coming from Canada, of course my skin color fluctuates shades like crazy. After 15 minutes outside I'm usually already a lot darker. I bought the medium/tanned shade(s), and started out with shade number two. I found it to be a little lighter than my neck so I moved up a notch. I found that it came on a lot thicker than I expected it to be, so with a little moisturizer, I mixed the foundation with it, and it became a lot less thick. With a yellow/golden based undertone, there wasn't a noticeable difference with the shade of my neck compares to my face.
    The face is the most difficult area of the body to tan, so I bought a facial spray-on tanning product and apply it once a week. Without compromise, I can switch the dial up to a darker shade and ta-da! It saves me a ton of money from buying multiple shades, and during the summer, I will probably need to buy the dark shade(s) version of this product because I will definitely surpass this specific shade that I'm using right now. All in all, for the price, and with a little innovation, this product is a saver in so many ways than one.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2010 7:32:00 PM More reviews by missymaegan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I loved the concept of this because I'm in the sun a lot during the winter & my skin tone changes. However, I found out quickly that I this product just wasn't the right one for me. It was too difficult to find a shade that matched my skin tone plus straight out of the packaging it had a scent that gave me a headache. The coverage was ok but it was too orange for my coloring while it left the skin dried out. It wore too heavy for my liking. Overall I wouldn't buy this product again in fact I threw it away after only three uses.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2010 11:57:00 AM More reviews by luckystarre

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ehhh..not impressed at all buy this product. I got this BOGO at Walgreens a while back and thought I'd give it a try. I bought it in Fair/Light. My match is at dial 2 - which makes me feel like I am wasting half of the product because I use much more of the lighter shade than the darker shade. The coverage is okay but it tends to make me shiny at the end of the day. Also, it smells awful. I'll use up this jar, but I won't be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/11/2010 11:37:00 AM More reviews by CMWhite

the idea is really good and I was thrilled when I first saw the commercial and trusted the commercial and decided to give it a try. TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT. It was so heavy that I just wanted to rub it off and the shades although look various tones in the bottle when you mix it and put it on your face you always find the same color. and not good for combination skin. I still have it and afraid to use it because how heavy it felt on my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2010 1:22:00 PM More reviews by Renny31

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I enjoyed this product for awhile. Living in Florida can be a challenge because your complexion changes so frequently depending on how much time you spend in the sun. The foundation color changes are extremely subtle but that really worked for me. The only problem is that I am prone to breakouts when I'm stressed and let's face it, I'm stressed a lot as a designer & graduate student so I had to make sure that I used a good concealer first. The coverage was so, so, but let's just say that I went through a lot of concealer... It has a nice texture, it isn't thick or heavy and it's convenient when you have a tan and are losing it (aka you don't have to go out and buy a new foundation for every color change) but like I said, I wanted something that had better coverage and gave a more natural look.

I have a little oily skin that is acne prone like I mentioned before. This make-up didn't cause breakouts or anything but it didn't really give you that natural look (other than matching your color). I sweat alot because I design visual displays, do floorsets, climb up and down ladders constantly, and work with lighting so if your not careful, your face tends to melt off easily, even with a finishing powder. So for everyday walking around it's fine but if you have to do any amount of work, it's going to sweat off very fast...

Other than evening out skin tone, that's all I can say it did. It doesn't leave a matte finish or give you a radiant glow except when you start sweating... For spring 2010 and summer 2010, make-up trends are showing a natural look so I figured it's time to trade up and try something that will stay on my face but give me that fresh look.. I'm trying maybelline's superstay 24hr makeup and I'll update later on how I feel about that.

Final word: if you have dry, normal, or combination skin and would like medium coverage that is light and live in an area where your complexion changes frequently because of sun exposure, then give it a try and you may find that you actually like the product. Everyone is different. O yeah, if you where it to work and your job demands a little physical activity that may cause you to perspire, then I would try something else because this will not stay on.. But for everyday regular use.. you're golden..!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2010 9:38:00 AM More reviews by RiceBallBunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

well I got this just like everyone else thinking that the custom creation would be a great solution to finding the right color.
    I bought 030.
    I fortunately found the right match at the 3rd shade which is right in the middle. I hope it dispenses the same amount of liquid from both shades (though I highly doubt it)
    So far I LOVE the coverage. You can build on it if you need more coverage in one spot. (which is good for me I have a few scares on my face =( ) As always after putting on your foundation you need to set it with powder and it last practically all day for me.
    As long as I clean my face properly I wont have any acne problems with it.
    The smell was not bad, it smelled a bit pleasant. I still love my colorstay foundation better though.
    Most people see it as a problem because the argument is one shade will go out before the other does. Well my solution is take one of your foundations that is light/dark close to the color in the bottle and mix it with the remaining foundation. (try using the same brand if you can) Sounds like a pain but I know in all of our MU drawers we have a foundation that is a bit light or a bit dark. Work with what you have! Think outside of the box. =D GL to all. =^.^=

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by luvmejoice

Ugh! Why did I give in to the gimmick? This foundation is only useful if more than one person uses it, like you and your sister or mother, if you have similar skintones. Otherwise, unless you use the 3rd shade, you will be left with a lot of unused product that's either way too light or way too dark.
    And I'm actually finding that even with the mixing of 2 foundations, I still don't have a perfect match! 2 is too light and makes me look sick, 3 is too dark and makes me look a bit yellowish. So I guess I'd be a 2.5, which is stupid!
    But I figured I paid a lot of money on this (20$ damn it!) so I said to myself, it's more obvious if you're too yellow and I used the 2nd shade and now I have 2/3 of dark foundation! That won't match me even if I cook myself at the tanning salon!
    The coverage is medium and it looks rather natural. The staying power is a little meh and I even see a bit of shine, something that hardly ever happens because I have normal/combo skin, an oily T zone which also has dry patches. Kinda weird, it's because I don't drink enough water and my skin is dehydrated.
    I would not recommend this to anyone as there are cheaper, better foundations out there! I'm giving it a 5 price rating, this is overpriced for it's less than mediocre quality!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2010 3:18:00 PM More reviews by iAwesome

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation in deep. The color isn't very deep at all. I'm a 4 and (5 is the darkest) and I'm not even that dark. There are a lot of people much darker than me. In Revlon colorstay foundation I'm a mix of cappuchino and caramel if you want a reference.

So far I've only had it on for maybe 3 hours. The color is perfect for me! I had reddish undertones and normally foundations with red undertones end up looking exceptionally pink on me. This one doesn't. I would say the undertones are more neutral.

It went on smooth and gave decent coverage. I would say medium. I'm not sure if you could build it or not. I found that I didn't need much for my face and I love that it has a pump unlike colorstay foundation. The one qualm I have with the pump is how many times you have to pump it to find your color. I ended up ith a massive blob of makeup before I finally got it right.

IT didn't transfer much. I blotted it with tissue and very little foundation came off my face.

The down side is; I don't think it'll last long at all. I have oily skin; really oily skin. I put an ample amount of powder on after first applying it even though it has a matte finish. I had to go back an hour later and put more powder on and then an hour later I blotted with tissue. I wasn't getting extremely oily but there was more of a shiny look and less of a dewy look. Since it's my first day I'm not sure how my face will do as far as breakouts. I'll come back and edit this later to let you know how well it held up.

EDIT:
    I did end up breaking out from this makeup after my first day using it. Which is good and bad. Good because I found out quickly bad because I really liked the makeup. Another pro is that it was hiding my breakout as it was breaking me out (Lol) I couldn't tell until after I took off the foundation because it smoothed my skin and reduced redness. I didn't break out terribly, I got a few small pimples nothing extreme. I wore it for about 9 or 10 hours and it stayed surprisingly.

I will say that when I went to blot my oil with tissue, more makeup came off the longer I wore it. Not sure why but that's what happened. It photographs great, my skin looked photshopped.

I will continue to use it even though it broke me out; I'll just use it for short outtings like to the movies or out to dinner or something.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2010 6:26:00 PM More reviews by JamieKiddo

The thing that attracted me to this foundation was the gimmic of it but i wasn't convinced so i didnt buy it although i recieved it as a gift at christmas, i have to say i was slightly dissapointed with it as i found all the colours to be practically the same shade and the coverage wasn't any good either although i do think this is good for using as a tinted moisterizer and if you set with some face powder it does last a while.