Chanel Mat Lumiere Luminous Matte Powder Makeup SPF 10

Talc, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Silica , CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Octyldodecyl Lactate, Caprylyl Methicone, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Isopropyl Isostearate, Lauryl Lactate, Bis Hydroxyethoxypropyl Dimethicone/IPDI Copolymer Ethylcarbamate, Potassium Sorbate, Zinc Stearate , Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Polyisoprene, Zinc Oxide, Tetradibutyl Pentaerithrityl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate ( /-)CI 77019/Mica, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides

on 2/26/2011 12:58:00 PM

why I love this product:

1- Med Coverage

2- Keeps you matte for about 5 hours which is great on my oily skin

3- Doesn't break me out

4- Doesn't look cakey at all, as it says on the package its a luminous powder with means it gives enough life to oily skin without taking from the matte

5- Can be used with a skunk brush for sheer coverage or with a powder puff for med to even high coverage ( depends on how much you add )

6- you can apply cream products over it easily without it changing texture

7- Has SPF 10 which is always a plus

8- package is sturdy & the mirror is good quality AND has refill

only wish it was cheaper but in this case I think you are paying for what you are getting , a great quality product =D

on 2/1/2011 2:11:00 PM

This is my everyday foundation. I have gone through three of these. It doesn't provide much coverage, but I don't need a ton of coverage. It is perfectly light and it doesn't break me out. I recommend this for someone who wants light coverage and a lightweight foundation.

on 1/15/2011 7:25:00 PM

This is my HG powder (along with Dior Forever powder), but unfortunately I can't find it in the US. I am NC15 and wear this in 10, although if there was a shade lighter I would probably be a slightly better match. I use a kabuki or powder brush to apply to bare skin for lighter coverage or over foundation for heavier coverage. It wears well all day with minimal touch-ups. After almost two years of use haven't found it's clogged my pores or caused any irritation to my very reactive skin. Unlike my Dior powder, refills are available.

on 9/4/2010 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I use this on top of my primer as my base foundation...I use loose powder on top of it sometimes.

The product itself is amazing, it looks very natural. I wouldn't say it has 'amazing coverage', because quite frankly it doesn't. But it does enough to cover scars and spots. I occasionally have to reapply it once later in the day, but it is still worth it to me. People have asked me about it because of how light and natural looking it is. I use the colour 70 Pastel.

It's worth adding that although the sponge is great, I recently started applying it with a brush and that offered better coverage in my opinion- and I loved it even more.

One more thing that's a big plus in my book, when I first purchased this months ago the SA told me that in the future should I wish to use it again, I could just buy refills rather than the whole container again.

on 8/8/2010 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just love this. I use it everytime I go out. Great at keeping the oil at bay. The compact is nice and sturdy and the mirror is great.

on 8/2/2010 3:16:00 PM

I started using the old formula of this (Double Perfection) years ago (which I already reviewed then). Since then it has been replaced with this one (in the Netherlands at least) and as the formula is different I thought I'd review it here aswell. I know a lot of people loved the old formula way more than this one, but I must say I don't really notice a difference. The only difference I remember is that this might feel a bit lighter on the skin than the old formula. Also, the packaging has improved. It's easier to refill now. As to me this is still just as nice as the old formula I will just repeat what I said about Double Perfection:
I had been looking for a good foundation for ages, getting samples at every possible store and trying all of them. I'm very picky when it comes to foundation, I want it perfect. And perfect it is. I absolutely love this foundation! I love how it's a powder so you can decide how much coverage you want. My face tends to become a little oily near the and of the day, but with this stuff on I don't have to worry about that. The most imporant thing to me is that it looks very natural. No one can ever tell I am wearing it. Chanel is the only brand that has a perfect color match for my skin (I use the 80 in summer and 70 in winter). I love the package, it's really usefull and pretty. I usually don't use the spunge for applying though, unless I want full coverage. Most of the time I just apply a little with a kabuki brush, which is enough for my skin to look fabulous and matte all day. It also makes my pores less visible without clogging them. I've never got a breakout from this product. It is kind of pricey but it lasts a very long time and I'm so glad I finally found something I like, I really don't give a shit about the price! This is the only foundation I let near my skin.
I have been wearing Chanel DP/ML every day for around 5 years and I still love it to death. I don't even feel tempted to check out other foundations. Not could possibly beat this.

Edit: After 5 years of everyday use I realized that this is mildly clogging my pores... It doesn't break me out, just clogged pores and only on my cheeks. I started wearing this when I still had acne and that has cleared up since then so I thought this couldn't be clogging my pores. I realized it was when I didn't wear anything on my face for a week. My skin looked a lot smoother and all my clogged pores were gone or going away. I'm sure it's this as I was only wearing two things on my face before: moisturizer and this. I've tested my moisturizer by applying it just to one side of my face for weeks and it definitely doesn't clog my pores. I now only use this on special occassions and otherwise I wear nothing on my face. So unfortunately I will have to take off a lippy for this. All powders I've tried clog my pores btw. I still love this because of it's perfect color match, natural look and oil fighting properties. I would still use this for special occassions because it looks so damn good and using it once in a while isn't going to harm my skin. It's just not for daily use anymore, but because of my improved skin texture I don't need it anymore (how ironic). So after 5 years of 'HG status' I am forced to put I will not buy this again. ):
Update: I've found a powder that doesn't clog my pores, maybelline dream matte powder. It's really nice, but it is a lot sheerer than this chanel powder foundation.

My Super Duper HG for foundation during summer. (*note that Im not using it during winter since my skin is really dry and using this cause a bit dry patch on my face). Chanel really put some serious effort in making such a wonderful foundation.

Pro : GREAT oil control, minimal touch up, perfect my skintone, no oxidize, easy to apply, medium coverage (i love this cos i hate heavy foundation that make my face looks like geisha, it actually buildable, if you prefer heavy coverage, no worries)

Cons : a bit pricey.

For reference, Im Asian girl with fair-medium skintone, with combination type of skin. For those who live in tropical country or are in summer weather, this is A-MUST-BUY product. I use MAC Studio Fix NW25 and MUFE HD 125 and Chanel Mat Lumiere compact 100 Intense is perfect match for my skin-tone. Bloody hell expensive, but really worth to buy

on 7/20/2010 3:55:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Ok, so I have the following foundation powders from Chanel from over the years:

Mat Lumiere
Double Perfection
Vitalumiere

I could be crazy but you have to invest a lot initially to buy the compact (in Canada around $75) on the understanding that it's refillable and refills are cheaper. Every time I manage to work my way through a compact though, it seems like the line is discontinued and I have to buy another plastic case!

I guess I'm just stupid for continuing to buy it.

Enough of ranting. This product is pretty good, as are most Chanel makeup products. Does it justify the price? I'm not sure. I always feel like Chanel doesn't make enough colours in foundation. The powder is nice and smooth and doesn't seem to cake.

It's really pricey though and I feel like you can find similar quality for a much lower price elsewhere.

on 6/14/2010 9:00:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I received this and a sample of the liquid formulation of this foundation from the lovely ladies at the Chanel counter :] The liquid in the lightest shade was far, far too dark (the texture and finish were beautiful, I couldn't leave it on to see how it held up throughout the day, but I was sad it didn't work for me), so I was apprehensive about trying the powder. The saleslady had expressly told me it was a full-coverage powder foundation and to use it on its own, not over a liquid foundation, or I would cake up my young skin unnecessarily. However... when I put it on over bare skin, not only did it seem to add only the slightest increase in colour depth, it was very hard to treat as a powder foundation. Using the sponge applicator supplied deposited enough colour, but it had to be applied in a very small area else it would be sheered out and its purposes as a foundation reduced to slight colour change and mattifying, in the manner of a finishing powder... which is what I ended up using it for, with a fluffy kabuki brush. This is a beautiful powder - like the packaging says, there is nothing overly matte about this product. It imparts something beautifully glowy on the skin without detracting from the mattifying properties, and as added bonuses I get a slight golden increase in colour on my face and extra coverage ^^ it's nothing that people will distinctly notice and comment on - therefore not earning, to my mind, its rather expensive pricetag, nor a place too high above my other setting powders. I might buy it for a special occasion though. Or I might not. It's a generous sample :]

on 5/10/2010 1:19:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Prefer Vita Lumiere cos this somehow can't treat my combination skin - the U zone is a bit flaky when I use it. Chanel really needs to improve the suede pouch, it gets dusty really fast and doesn't hold the foundation box at all, they are all over the place when I put it in my handbag, sponge, foundation, pouch.