October 2, 2014 | 1279 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No 5 Eau Premiere

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2012 11:05:00 PM More reviews by alissss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This was given to me as a present because I love the original No. 5 and I was of course worried I would not like it. Like many other reviewers stated, this is really well-done. A light enough for daily wear, modern counterpart to its older sister, Eau Premiere has the heart of the original No. 5 but is new and fresh all the same. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2012 2:15:00 AM More reviews by Ivyxoxo

Gift for mom, and she liked it. I feel you have to be over 35 to be able to make this parfume match to you. I did smell some very young girls wearing it, but it's a bit odd to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2012 6:16:00 PM More reviews by VBaricelli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love it! I'm a big fan of the Original Recipe Chanel #5, been wearing it my whole life but I received Premiere as a gift and it is just lovely. Very light/fresh but full of fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2012 4:51:00 PM More reviews by maya2020

This number 5 version is just my NO.1 parfume, its more modern, subtile, and fresh than the original version. Something for every day or a night out, just makes you feel special....and who doesnt feel special wearing no.5 !

My no.1 used to be coco mademoiselle, however the formula has been reformulated ( I guess somewhere between 2005-2006) ad now its a little bit to sweet for me. Afte searching a while for a new favorite parfume, I found this perfect version of number 5

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 5:31:00 PM More reviews by nataliestar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A---MAZZZINNG!!! I bought this today, I am NOT a fan of original #5 at ALL,...this is my NEW FAVORITE!!! If you like Coco Mdms,...you will love this one, not the *Bite* #5 has at all. Im with ya on the *smidge of Shalimar*...another fave of mine....Not sure how staying power is, 2 hrs later, I still smell it, and it is a light fragrance, sometimes we think the smell is gone, and its not, others can smell it, we just get use to it...

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2012 8:32:00 PM More reviews by arikabh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i feel classy, and extremely feminine in this fragrance. i also know, very confidently, that this scent smells great on me. suitable for dates, as well as for use during the day. its wearable during warm weather too. i adore this version of chanel no.5. its younger and fresher. sexier. an iris note has been added that makes this so special to me. the drawbacks for me are that this fragrance is an EDT so it has no staying power on my skin, and for a scent with no staying power, this is incredibly expensive. if you can get over the lack of staying power, i think most women would love this. i think men like this on women too.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2012 9:33:00 AM More reviews by LauLau215

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Received this for Christmas! I must say - Wow! This is absolutely beautiful! Really lighter and prettier than Chanel #5. There are some whiffs that resemble Chanel #5, however, this one really took it to a different level! Maybe a smidge of Shalimar in there....so, a little sweet, but then light powdery on me. Very sexy! I also got the chanel velvet body cream - works well together. Just a little cream goes a looooong way with scent. So, just dab it in your hands and maybe a little on your arms for extra niceness! And seems to work well with Chanel Chance too! Classic scents!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2011 9:54:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

Oh yes, yes yes yes. This is a wonderful, sweeter,, lighter, more playful but still classy,- less aldehyde-full no. 5. If you like no. 5 original, you will probably like this, if you don't like no. 5 original you may very well like this anyway, it's similar enough and different enough to appeal well to both crowds. I actually think this has better staying than no. 5 original on me, even thought initially original is stronger. Maybe it's the sweetness that lingers in a way that original's muskiness doesn't, my skin eats musky perfumes like nothing other.

I'm really loving the no. 5 flankers lately. This is really wonderful, as is the sensual elixir. I found my new 5oz eau premiere bottle as a tester on ebay for undre 80$ with shipping. I've become a pro at telling between fake and real chanels on the net, so feel free to message me if you want some advice, there are some great bargains to be had out there.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2011 10:18:00 PM More reviews by librarianjen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am a long time lover of Chanel no. 5, and it is one of the few fragrances my normally perfume-hater husband does like on me. He was going to get me no. 5 for Christmas, but we stumbled upon this - it is wonderful! It is an effervescent version of Chanel no. 5.

One of the scents he likes is Demeter's Ginger Ale - smells fresh and fizzy, just like ginger ale smells. This Eau Premiere is almost like Chanel no. 5 has been shot through with this effervescent fragrance. So light, and refreshing. I don't think it has quite the staying power as the original, but I'm thinking you could layer them - although I haven't tried this yet.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2011 8:38:00 AM More reviews by inglaterra

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been looking for a scent to take me from summer and early fall to this grey dread that is late fall in the Carolinas. The sky is grey, but the days are fairly warm.

Lancome O de L'orangerie was doing fine, but I'm ready for something warm. Shalimar is my darling, but I'm not ready for her yet. I retried Eau Premiere on a whim and I must say, its the only Chanel I can wear. It does open with a freshness that has a tinge of No 5. There is a lovely middle note, which to me would be ideal for going to an event where you don't want to smell too "pedestrian" but you don't want to wow them with Opium or the like. You smell lovely and in good taste. Its fresh, feminine, safe, not overpowering.

My friend can wear No 5 and it smells like paradise on her. I cannot. If you find Chanels screech on you, try this one out. You'll get a taste of the glamour.

It pairs well with Shalimar lotion, which I found by accident. Shalimar gives an earthy depth and Eau gives Shalimar a little whimsy in her life.

Would make a great, safe gift for anyone I imagine.

Edited to add: staying power is about 5 hours, with barely any trace afterwards.

After a few wears, it feels cold to me. Emotionally unavailable. Like that wife of your senior manager who looks at you like as if you were an insect.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No