July 31, 2014 | 1872 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No 5 Eau Premiere

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2012 4:51:00 PM More reviews by maya2020

This number 5 version is just my NO.1 parfume, its more modern, subtile, and fresh than the original version. Something for every day or a night out, just makes you feel special....and who doesnt feel special wearing no.5 !

My no.1 used to be coco mademoiselle, however the formula has been reformulated ( I guess somewhere between 2005-2006) ad now its a little bit to sweet for me. Afte searching a while for a new favorite parfume, I found this perfect version of number 5

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 5:31:00 PM More reviews by nataliestar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A---MAZZZINNG!!! I bought this today, I am NOT a fan of original #5 at ALL,...this is my NEW FAVORITE!!! If you like Coco Mdms,...you will love this one, not the *Bite* #5 has at all. Im with ya on the *smidge of Shalimar*...another fave of mine....Not sure how staying power is, 2 hrs later, I still smell it, and it is a light fragrance, sometimes we think the smell is gone, and its not, others can smell it, we just get use to it...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2012 8:32:00 PM More reviews by arikabh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i feel classy, and extremely feminine in this fragrance. i also know, very confidently, that this scent smells great on me. suitable for dates, as well as for use during the day. its wearable during warm weather too. i adore this version of chanel no.5. its younger and fresher. sexier. an iris note has been added that makes this so special to me. the drawbacks for me are that this fragrance is an EDT so it has no staying power on my skin, and for a scent with no staying power, this is incredibly expensive. if you can get over the lack of staying power, i think most women would love this. i think men like this on women too.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2012 9:33:00 AM More reviews by LauLau215

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Received this for Christmas! I must say - Wow! This is absolutely beautiful! Really lighter and prettier than Chanel #5. There are some whiffs that resemble Chanel #5, however, this one really took it to a different level! Maybe a smidge of Shalimar in there....so, a little sweet, but then light powdery on me. Very sexy! I also got the chanel velvet body cream - works well together. Just a little cream goes a looooong way with scent. So, just dab it in your hands and maybe a little on your arms for extra niceness! And seems to work well with Chanel Chance too! Classic scents!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2011 9:54:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

Oh yes, yes yes yes. This is a wonderful, sweeter,, lighter, more playful but still classy,- less aldehyde-full no. 5. If you like no. 5 original, you will probably like this, if you don't like no. 5 original you may very well like this anyway, it's similar enough and different enough to appeal well to both crowds. I actually think this has better staying than no. 5 original on me, even thought initially original is stronger. Maybe it's the sweetness that lingers in a way that original's muskiness doesn't, my skin eats musky perfumes like nothing other.

I'm really loving the no. 5 flankers lately. This is really wonderful, as is the sensual elixir. I found my new 5oz eau premiere bottle as a tester on ebay for undre 80$ with shipping. I've become a pro at telling between fake and real chanels on the net, so feel free to message me if you want some advice, there are some great bargains to be had out there.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2011 10:18:00 PM More reviews by librarianjen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am a long time lover of Chanel no. 5, and it is one of the few fragrances my normally perfume-hater husband does like on me. He was going to get me no. 5 for Christmas, but we stumbled upon this - it is wonderful! It is an effervescent version of Chanel no. 5.

One of the scents he likes is Demeter's Ginger Ale - smells fresh and fizzy, just like ginger ale smells. This Eau Premiere is almost like Chanel no. 5 has been shot through with this effervescent fragrance. So light, and refreshing. I don't think it has quite the staying power as the original, but I'm thinking you could layer them - although I haven't tried this yet.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2011 8:38:00 AM More reviews by inglaterra

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been looking for a scent to take me from summer and early fall to this grey dread that is late fall in the Carolinas. The sky is grey, but the days are fairly warm.

Lancome O de L'orangerie was doing fine, but I'm ready for something warm. Shalimar is my darling, but I'm not ready for her yet. I retried Eau Premiere on a whim and I must say, its the only Chanel I can wear. It does open with a freshness that has a tinge of No 5. There is a lovely middle note, which to me would be ideal for going to an event where you don't want to smell too "pedestrian" but you don't want to wow them with Opium or the like. You smell lovely and in good taste. Its fresh, feminine, safe, not overpowering.

My friend can wear No 5 and it smells like paradise on her. I cannot. If you find Chanels screech on you, try this one out. You'll get a taste of the glamour.

It pairs well with Shalimar lotion, which I found by accident. Shalimar gives an earthy depth and Eau gives Shalimar a little whimsy in her life.

Would make a great, safe gift for anyone I imagine.

Edited to add: staying power is about 5 hours, with barely any trace afterwards.

After a few wears, it feels cold to me. Emotionally unavailable. Like that wife of your senior manager who looks at you like as if you were an insect.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2011 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Tracy7366

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I adore the original No 5 but adore the scent of sensual elixir even more so. Its such a subtly sexy scent that makes me feel amazing whether I am dressed up or lounging in my pyjamas. The smell of elixir is like nothing else and my only qualm was the staying power, or lack of, and I would have liked the exact smell to be slightly stronger. I was so reluctant to try Eau Premier but when I went to purchase something from the No5 collection recently I thought I would give it ago. Well I have to say I was completely amazed and delighted. It smells exactly like the elixir only more of a perfume,. ie a stronger and longer lasting scent. Exactly what I had been dreaming of! If only I had tried it before! This is now HG for me and my signature scent. I have everything in no 5 and it is sheer indulgence to bathe in No 5 oil, slather on the heavenly No 5 velvet body cream, the deoderant, and finally a spritz of EP. This makes me really happy :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2011 11:05:00 AM More reviews by greenforever

After reading the positive reviews here, I went to try it today.

Although I like the softness and feminine of it, it does not remind me the edp or edt version of No. 5. Maybe it is closer to the original No 5? I have no idea.

I may buy it online as it does smell very nice. If someone in the room have this on, I guess I would love to stay near her. haha.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2011 4:45:00 PM More reviews by masha814

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My mother has been mourning Chanel No 5 since its reformulation, and today, she found her beloved perfume again! This is a gorgeous riff on the old No. 5, and pretty much every generation in our family loves it. It has a little more space and air than the other versions, but somehow, is true to the spirit of vintage No. 5. Amazing work by the perfumer, lovely stuff indeed.