December 18, 2014 | 992 users online

Makeup Brushes - NARS - 27 - Yachiyo

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2012 8:28:00 AM More reviews by chookana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First off, this brush looks really classy. It's a really unique looking product and although I was hesitant to buy it mainly due to the price but also because it looked unsturdy and a bit awkward to use, I'm glad I did.
The tapered tip does an amazing job at contouring the hollows of your cheeks and diffuses bronzer/blush at the same time, so it cuts the time spent perfecting your make up in half.
Also when applying whilst holding the thin handle you can really control how much product you're applying, so it makes it easy to build your colour as per your liking and you end up with nice and natural but professional look.
There is honestly a million ways you could use this and in my opinion it's a fool proof brush. You can't look wrong after using it.
That being said, I paid $70 for it (hence 4 lippies instead of 5) which is an absurd amount of money to spend on a make up brush and because of this I will remember to stock up when I go to the States lol.
If you can justify spending this much on a brush, I'd say go ahead and buy it, you'll most probably love the results. If you'd rather die than spend this much on a brush, Japonesque does a similar brush (the white bamboo version), I'm not sure how it works, I haven't come across it in Australia yet. It looks the same as the Yachiyo but I've heard that it doesn't work the same. Might be worth giving a try though, as it is a cheaper alternative.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2012 10:54:00 PM More reviews by erin12107

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this brush. It allows you to have a lot of control over how you apply your brush with the versatile shape of the hair. It is also so small and lightweight! I love the way this makes my blush look and how I can use pigmented blushes that were collecting dust because they were too easy for me to overdo-- not anymore. Love it, so glad I finally bit the bullet with the price, worth it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2012 11:57:00 AM More reviews by violetmist

Like a pushup bra for your face! A revolution in blush application though this is an antiquity because it is the same brush that geisha girls used. Result: a highly defined but soft look that lifts the face, sculpts the cheek as effectively as contouring. It is a flat brush pointed like an arrow.and it is used by using the edge to first draw a triange on the cheek (point toward the nose) and filling it in with the flat side - a stunning appearance that could not be achieved with any other brush. I will never use a regular blush brush again! If you have this brush and are not satified with it you need to learn how to use it from a Nars makeup artist or perhaps look for an application video on line. I want you to love it as much as I do.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2012 1:31:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I waited for this brush to go on sale since I couldn't justify a $50 price tag. This brush does do the job, but it doesn't work any better than a powder brush for applying a pigmented blush. I ended up losing this brush and I have to say to say that I don't miss this brush. When using pigmented blushes like Illamasqua, MUFE, or Tarte, I just use the Trish McEvoy 2B Sheer Blush Brush or the 56 Sephora Brush. I took off one lippie since the wiring does come off after a period of time. Another lippie since the shape of the britsles changes, unlike other brushes I own.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2012 9:34:00 AM More reviews by annasandler

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Amazing brush. I have never been able to use blusher before because I would end up looking like a clown but this brush seems to have made the most wonderful difference to my technique. It allows you apply very subtly which is perfect for me as I prefer the no-makeup-makeup-look.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2012 5:23:00 PM More reviews by elfodimontagna

Love it! i bought it in the Nagauta Kabuki Brush Set and i am fully satisfied! it applies the perfect amount of pigment and it blends well. The shape is perfect for my small face and it is so soft. A dream come true! would i buy it again? oh yes! over and over again!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2011 5:14:00 AM More reviews by Mary202

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this brush. Very soft. Don't use any other brush for applying blush now. I just pat the flat side on my cheek in short, downward strokes wherever I want to apply blush. Puts a sheer layer on, and can easily build up the colour. Would definitely buy again if anything happened to it. Sheds the odd hair, but not much.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2011 5:13:00 PM More reviews by goldenevening

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this brush a year ago and still use it every day to apply loose powder and blush. Whether I use an extremely pigmented blush (such as Desire) or something more subtle the result looks great, as if I'm naturally glowing. It's practically goof-proof! Despite the steep price, I would definitely buy this brush again if anything ever happened to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2011 5:01:00 PM More reviews by LandersPistol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I could go on and on about the wonders of this brush, but I won't. I will keep it short and simple.

it. is. amazing.

I'm a firm believer in good tools, and this is best brush for blush I have found yet... I've stopped looking after numerous other brushes. All other brushes seemed to make my application look messy and unevenly applied.

The money might seem like a lot to some, but I'm more passionate about blush and than any other part of makeup so it was well worth it to me!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2011 4:20:00 PM More reviews by lowanda29

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ok, I just brought this brush and I LOVE it...I have struggle with blush application and the professional finish I desire. I have purchased 6 high end blush brushes prior to this one and none of them hit the spot. After more research I came across this brush and decided to give one last try. Finally got it right however this was the most expensive. The other down side of the 50 USD you spend it does shed a lot. I will try washing it tonight and to see if the sheding will continue. Hope this helps!