April 18, 2014 | 1723 users online

Makeup Brushes - NARS - 27 - Yachiyo

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2012 5:23:00 PM More reviews by elfodimontagna

Love it! i bought it in the Nagauta Kabuki Brush Set and i am fully satisfied! it applies the perfect amount of pigment and it blends well. The shape is perfect for my small face and it is so soft. A dream come true! would i buy it again? oh yes! over and over again!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2011 5:14:00 AM More reviews by Mary202

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this brush. Very soft. Don't use any other brush for applying blush now. I just pat the flat side on my cheek in short, downward strokes wherever I want to apply blush. Puts a sheer layer on, and can easily build up the colour. Would definitely buy again if anything happened to it. Sheds the odd hair, but not much.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2011 5:13:00 PM More reviews by goldenevening

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this brush a year ago and still use it every day to apply loose powder and blush. Whether I use an extremely pigmented blush (such as Desire) or something more subtle the result looks great, as if I'm naturally glowing. It's practically goof-proof! Despite the steep price, I would definitely buy this brush again if anything ever happened to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2011 5:01:00 PM More reviews by LandersPistol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I could go on and on about the wonders of this brush, but I won't. I will keep it short and simple.

it. is. amazing.

I'm a firm believer in good tools, and this is best brush for blush I have found yet... I've stopped looking after numerous other brushes. All other brushes seemed to make my application look messy and unevenly applied.

The money might seem like a lot to some, but I'm more passionate about blush and than any other part of makeup so it was well worth it to me!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2011 4:20:00 PM More reviews by lowanda29

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ok, I just brought this brush and I LOVE it...I have struggle with blush application and the professional finish I desire. I have purchased 6 high end blush brushes prior to this one and none of them hit the spot. After more research I came across this brush and decided to give one last try. Finally got it right however this was the most expensive. The other down side of the 50 USD you spend it does shed a lot. I will try washing it tonight and to see if the sheding will continue. Hope this helps!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2011 9:35:00 PM More reviews by LPomona

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

OK, I need a new powder/blush/bronzer brush like a hole in the head. But because of this %#@* board, I happened to read the reviews for it, and you know how that goes. Suddenly I knew that with this purchase, true magic would happen . . . my life would be complete . . . and happiness would surround me for the rest of my days.

Cut to the chase - I ordered it from NARS.com & when it arrived I was stunned at how small it was. For some reason I was expecting a fuller/larger brush. I planned to send it back, untried, but after it sat there, sadly, in its wrapper for a week, I decided to give it a try. Oh my, oh my, oh my. All of the good things that've been said about are true.

It is as soft as soft can be. The precise shaping of the brush (the angle of the hairs) are what creates the magic. I don't ever drag it across anything; I just pat it sideways a few times & it picks up a perfect amount.

I've used it to pat on NICO (also a recent purchase, but I'm not thinking it's all that. Much prefer Meteorites.) I've patted on blush & then blended it so it truly does give that "lit from within" look. And lastly, I've used it to pat the tiniest amount of Albatross across tops of cheekbones & down nose. And a really fabulous part of the way the brush is shaped - the way it comes to a narrow point at the end, means that you can even use it for a one-step eyelid wash, because it will fit right down to the tear duct & then gradually spread out over your whole lid. Again, I use the tiniest tap of Albatross for across the eyelids & it gives a subtle, angelic glow.

Did I need this brush? No. Am I glad that I have it. Yes. And what's more, it was worth the dough. I WOULD buy it again.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2011 12:00:00 PM More reviews by carrasco

I have owned this brush for about 5 or 6 months and I really had no desire to use it after trying it a few times. It really didn't do it for me, I felt it picked up way too much product and deposited too much in one spot. I started reaching for this everyday for the last 2-3 weeks. I initially grabbed it in a rush and have fallen in love. I must have needed to learn a better technique because all the complaints I had are no longer a problem. I feel this blush works amazing and I almost want to buy another. It's very expensive for me, in terms of what I prefer to pay for a blush brush but it was well worth the $50.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2011 1:18:00 PM More reviews by CookieNSpice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this brush. I use it to highlight, apply blush and even to contour. 50US is expensive especially when you convert it to TTD but this brush is worth it! My cheaper blush brushes now collect dust since this brush is the one I reach for. Nars blushes are pigmented but no need to fear taj mahal etc when you use this brush. It diffuses the colour evenly and makes blush look more natural and not BAM you are wearing blush lol. O this brush is real light. I make sure I don't get water on the handle when washing since I don't want any unraveling.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2011 12:15:00 AM More reviews by xtinahb

Awesome brush. Picks up and deposits the perfect amount of product and its shape is precisely the right size to sweep on the cheekbones. I also use it for contouring and bronzing. I don't even notice the thin handle; I just hold it like any other brush. Expensive yes, but i use it so much its been worth it! It's my favorite brush purchase of all. I had such trouble with blushes, ie blotchy, not enough color, a blob of too much color, etc, til I got this brush!!!

Cleansing tip: the first time I washed it, I used the MAC brush cleanser and the hairs got slightly curled, really poofy, and were super dry!! I freaked out then washed it again using a good quality hair shampoo and it was good as new. Though i use the cleanser for my other brushes, i will not use it on the Yachiyo again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2011 4:51:00 PM More reviews by lolsann

Well, what can I say? This is a very expensive brush, but I think it is worth it! It is easy applying blush with this (NARS Orgasm is the one I usually use) - it is very hard to go wrong. It works very well with heavily pigmented blushes, and it`s easy to avoid applying too much. If it should happen, it`s easy to blend it in.
I am really not a makeup expert, but it`s easy to apply blush with this even for me. I also use it to apply highlighter to my cheekbones (TheBalm Mary Lou-manizer), and I feel it applies just the right amount for a natural, every-day look.
It hasn`t shed one single hair since I bought it (1,5 years), so quality is top notch! It is also quite soft, and looks really cute. Some complain the handle feels unsturdy, but I personally don`t think so; it`s slightly bend-able, so it works well for travelling as well!