October 25, 2014 | 1179 users online

Skincare - Body - Johnson & Johnson - Baby Oil

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2013 7:29:00 AM More reviews by pixie238

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have always suffered from awkward skin - rough skin on the back of my arms and on the seat of my bottom, little bumps on my thighs almost like ingrown hairs and just a general blotchyness. I tried all sorts of creams from expensive Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream, to middle of the road body shop body butters and then I tried bog standard baby oil. Nothing works like Baby Oil. I use it when am still wet from the shower, then I drape my towel round me while I wait for it to a sink in before rubbing the rest in like I would do body butter. It has completely got rid of the rough patches on the back of my arms and on my bottom, my legs are silky smooth and I even use it at night on my face and now my skin is a lot less blotchy and sooo smooth. I have always struggled with spots on my face and worried that it would break me out (i'm on the pill at the moment so my skin is pretty clear), but i didn't get a single spot from using it and found that it made my skintone more even and my face is super soft. I wouldn't use it on my face during the day though! I can't believe what fab results I have got from using baby oil which costs a couple of quid and last for ages. Well recommended!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2013 12:03:00 AM More reviews by Summer8167

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I use body oil for some of my fundamental beauty routines (shaving, make-up removal) and I cannot go a day without! I prefer Johnson & Johnson over other baby oils because it has a lower mineral oil content than the generic stuff and is less expensive than "better" oils like Neutrogena body oil. I HIGHLY recommend using baby oil or a body oil (if you can afford, bc you'll use a lot) to shave! I cannot stress to you the difference it has made for me and my friends (including men) that now use oil to shave. I used to have razor burn and shaving bumps wherever I shaved. I used to have a huge pre-soaking / warming routine in order to shave without causing pain. Ever since I started using oil (I use baby oil bc I go through several bottles a month and it's cheaper) I have had ZERO razor burns or irritation. I can even use the cheaper razor blades now; previously I could only use the expensive razors and only once, which would cost me a small fortune. I also use a small amount of baby oil to remove eye makeup - even the glue from my fake lashes (which I wear nearly everyday). I have used many different types of eye makeup removers but have found baby oil to be just as effective and washes clean - as long as I only use a very small amount and wash my face afterwards. However, If you have oily skin I would not recommend using this as a makeup remover. Lastly, if you SPRAY/FAKE tan I would recommend to not use baby oil while shaving and instead use an expensive sesame or body oil that doesn't have mineral oil; it will make your fake tan color fade much much quicker. Happy shaving! Once you start using this to shave you will never do without ever again!!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by MmmQuinn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would never use this product for moisturizing my own skin, as I feel like it would make me oily and nasty. However, I love it for removing makeup! Heavy stage makeup wipes off with ease when I use baby oil. Plus, its cheap and comes in huge bottles, so it saves money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Zanita27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is best used when your skin is wet or slightly damp. It locks in that moisture and leaves a pretty sheen on your skin. The scent is also comforting because it reminds me of when my little girl would get this stuff put on. This is nice stuff and may try other scents.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by HeidiF69

I don't know why I ever stopped using this! I bought a huge bottle for under $4 and started using it again, both in the morning out of the shower, and at night, before bed. The cold air has made me positively itchy at night, so I needed something that would really sink in. This stuff has done the trick! No more itchies. The scent is so nice and light, and I love how it sinks into your skin without leaving a weird oily layer (like coconut oil can). There's a reason Johnson's has been around forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by MrsRiggs

Baby oil is good on everything! I used it to take off my makeup and now I use it as a shaving oil. It makes my legs super soft and is cheaper and lasts wayyyyy longer than shaving cream! Love it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 8:46:00 AM More reviews by woodelf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great multi use product. I use it all over my body when I get out of the bath/shower while my skin is still wet and just let it air dry. It makes my skin SO smooth and soft and this lasts until my next bath/shower!
I also use it for makeup removal- on my eyes and my face. I think when using it on my eyes it blurs my vision and becomes a little uncomfortable but it removes stubborn eye makeup great. I also recently started using this to cleanse my face with or without makeup. To take off my face makeup I pour a bit into my hands then rub it all over my face. I then take a clean wash cloth soaked with hot water then wipe away the oil and makeup and my face feels so soft and clean afterwards. I also do it sometimes in the morning if my skin is a bit flaky. I have only been doing this for a few days but my face is looking so much clearer and smoother (I have dry/blemished skin). I have previously used the olive oil cleansing method but I think this may be better!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2013 1:08:00 PM More reviews by Nitala

A while ago I got a skin infection on my arm which caused my whole body to flare up in a rash. The infection is now gone but my skin is super dry and itchy all the time. The extremely cold weather does not help! I have used many moisturizers, but they don't last very long on my skin and I find myself re-applying constantly.

Using baby oil has greatly improved the condition of my skin. I use it right after a shower to seal in the moisture and it has worked wonders. Baby oil is not actually a moisturizer since the molecules are too big to get into the pore (which means it does not clog it either) but it sits on top of the skin to prevent moisture from getting out.

While it has definitely improved my itchy rashes, I have yet to use it on my face because of the fragrance in it. Cosmetic companies can use any mixture of ingredients to make a smell, but only label it on the product as "fragrance" so I'm afraid of getting a reaction from it since I do not know what is in it. Otherwise, I think baby oil is fantastic and I'll be on the hunt for an unscented version. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 11:52:00 PM More reviews by aimage

I use this stuff to remove my eye makeup because I use waterproof mascara pretty much every time I use makeup. I just hold a cotton pad soaked with a bit of the baby oil on to my eye for a few seconds and its gone. I tired to use it for my face makeup once after reading the comments but I don't recommend it. It broke me out and it felt so greasy and gross so I only use it on my eye area. I've also tired using it as a moisturizer but it wasn't doing much for me. Honestly most things don't work for me, I have complicated skin that's really hard to keep moisturized in the winter. So I think it's probably best to not take my word for it. My skin just can't contain moisture at all, my skin is like a fish out of water constantly. If anyone has anything to recommend to me that would be great (even vasiline doesn't do much for me). Anyway back to review, this is an excellent makeup remover and I recommend it for that purpose!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2012 1:39:00 AM More reviews by goofyhusky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like the simplicity of the formula. I use this alternatively with the Skin Revealing 10% AHA Lotion from Paula's Choice after shower, and the result is amazingly soft and well-moisturized skin all over the body! I normally prefer products without fragrance, but the smell of this product is fine. One minor problem is the greasiness (well, of course you have to expect that), once I stepped on my bedside table to reach something a little while after I applied it to my foot after shower, and the greasy foot print was still there the next morning! haha. No one should be scared of mineral oil - cosmetic grade mineral oil is very good for your skin and there is a ton of reputable medical journals out there that will tell you that.