April 19, 2014 | 1733 users online

Skincare - Body - Johnson & Johnson - Baby Oil

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by MrsRiggs

Baby oil is good on everything! I used it to take off my makeup and now I use it as a shaving oil. It makes my legs super soft and is cheaper and lasts wayyyyy longer than shaving cream! Love it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 8:46:00 AM More reviews by woodelf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great multi use product. I use it all over my body when I get out of the bath/shower while my skin is still wet and just let it air dry. It makes my skin SO smooth and soft and this lasts until my next bath/shower!
I also use it for makeup removal- on my eyes and my face. I think when using it on my eyes it blurs my vision and becomes a little uncomfortable but it removes stubborn eye makeup great. I also recently started using this to cleanse my face with or without makeup. To take off my face makeup I pour a bit into my hands then rub it all over my face. I then take a clean wash cloth soaked with hot water then wipe away the oil and makeup and my face feels so soft and clean afterwards. I also do it sometimes in the morning if my skin is a bit flaky. I have only been doing this for a few days but my face is looking so much clearer and smoother (I have dry/blemished skin). I have previously used the olive oil cleansing method but I think this may be better!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2013 1:08:00 PM More reviews by Nitala

A while ago I got a skin infection on my arm which caused my whole body to flare up in a rash. The infection is now gone but my skin is super dry and itchy all the time. The extremely cold weather does not help! I have used many moisturizers, but they don't last very long on my skin and I find myself re-applying constantly.

Using baby oil has greatly improved the condition of my skin. I use it right after a shower to seal in the moisture and it has worked wonders. Baby oil is not actually a moisturizer since the molecules are too big to get into the pore (which means it does not clog it either) but it sits on top of the skin to prevent moisture from getting out.

While it has definitely improved my itchy rashes, I have yet to use it on my face because of the fragrance in it. Cosmetic companies can use any mixture of ingredients to make a smell, but only label it on the product as "fragrance" so I'm afraid of getting a reaction from it since I do not know what is in it. Otherwise, I think baby oil is fantastic and I'll be on the hunt for an unscented version. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 11:52:00 PM More reviews by aimage

I use this stuff to remove my eye makeup because I use waterproof mascara pretty much every time I use makeup. I just hold a cotton pad soaked with a bit of the baby oil on to my eye for a few seconds and its gone. I tired to use it for my face makeup once after reading the comments but I don't recommend it. It broke me out and it felt so greasy and gross so I only use it on my eye area. I've also tired using it as a moisturizer but it wasn't doing much for me. Honestly most things don't work for me, I have complicated skin that's really hard to keep moisturized in the winter. So I think it's probably best to not take my word for it. My skin just can't contain moisture at all, my skin is like a fish out of water constantly. If anyone has anything to recommend to me that would be great (even vasiline doesn't do much for me). Anyway back to review, this is an excellent makeup remover and I recommend it for that purpose!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2012 1:39:00 AM More reviews by goofyhusky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like the simplicity of the formula. I use this alternatively with the Skin Revealing 10% AHA Lotion from Paula's Choice after shower, and the result is amazingly soft and well-moisturized skin all over the body! I normally prefer products without fragrance, but the smell of this product is fine. One minor problem is the greasiness (well, of course you have to expect that), once I stepped on my bedside table to reach something a little while after I applied it to my foot after shower, and the greasy foot print was still there the next morning! haha. No one should be scared of mineral oil - cosmetic grade mineral oil is very good for your skin and there is a ton of reputable medical journals out there that will tell you that.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2012 3:25:00 AM More reviews by viennah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Nothing better than the feeling of baby oil on your skin after a nice relaxing bath or shower! I get the unscented one. Hate the package though, it leaks and gets really messy.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2012 9:13:00 PM More reviews by jlprincipe87

I've seen a lot of comments using this as a makeup remover, I'll have to give that a try!
I actually started using it as a face moisturizer after my shower at night. I know it's not recommended, but my face was soooo dry and itchy (with the recent change in seasons) that I was desperate.

After my shower and washing my face I apply a tiny bit to the tips of my fingers and massage it into my skin. I focus on my nose and chin, which get particularly dry and flaky. I do apply it to my entire face though.

Once it's set for a minute or 2 I blot off any excess oil. I then leave it as is. After blotting the excess, it really doesn't feel greasy, this could be because my skin is so dry.

The next morning my skin is silky smooth. I rinse it with some luke warm water and apply a light weight moisturizer where needed.
*note: I wouldn't use the baby oil as a day moisturizer because of sun exposure.

I just started doing this, so if I do notice any breakouts I'll certainly update. So far it's been working well though.

My skin type is very sensitive and very dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2012 5:14:00 AM More reviews by yuenloklok

Removes the most hard-core mascara and eyeliner.

Cheap and comes in a huge bottle. Couldn't ask for more!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2012 10:38:00 PM More reviews by MissRaffix3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Great for removing eye makeup! I just put a little on a cotton swab and it works like a charm.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2012 2:15:00 PM More reviews by kmd521

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this for the first time last night to remove my makeup. I can deff. say that I will never again but makeup remover wipes. This stuff works AMAZING!!! I got a huge bottle of the equate brand for like $2.