August 1, 2014 | 1848 users online

Shampoo - Shiseido - Tsubaki Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2011 8:58:00 PM More reviews by ximachikenx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great product for those with dry hair. It has the signature tsubaki scent and does not strip hair. The only thing I don't like is that I think it is a little too moisturizing for a shampoo, as my scalp gets oily a little faster than when I use a regular drugstore shampoo. It comes in a handy pump dispenser if you buy the bigger bottle and if you run out you can buy a refill bag instead of another bottle :) Though it does make my hair a little oily I would still repurchase just because Tsubaki products are really really great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2011 9:22:00 AM More reviews by leGingbot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is great shampoo! I saw it in my local Marukai and thought sure, why not? Shiseido skin products are wonderful, and it's fairly inexpensive! The first thing I noticed right off the bat was the smell. It. Is. Lovely. Light and floral/fruity, but not aggressive like say, Herbal Essences. It's the perfect consistency-creamy, but not thick, and it suds up well and rinses clean. The Tsubaki conditioner that goes with it is wonderful as well. Nice and creamy, delicious smell, and leaves my hair silky and soft. I just run the conditioner through the bottom two thirds of my hair, never letting it touch my scalp, since I tend to be oily there. With other shampoos, this can get somewhat drying, but the Tsubaki shampoo has the perfect balance-moisturizing without being heavy.
Probably one of the best shampoos I've ever tried!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2011 3:13:00 AM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

In my quest to find hair products that will counteract the effects of desert heat, sun, and dryness, I swapped for this shampoo (in the red bottle) from Shiseido. I have to say that I'm very pleasantly surprised. It's creamy, lathers well, is gentle, and makes my hair feel good (not stripped) even before I apply conditioner. I was concerned that I would dislike the scent because it contains camellia oil, but it does not smell flowery at all, just clean, fresh, and pleasant. It also makes my hair insanely shiny and gives it lots of body, which is a real plus. This and B&B's Mending shampoo and conditioner have saved my hair. I will repurchase (if I ever use this up, because it comes in a huge bottle with a pump--a nice bonus).

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2011 12:57:00 AM More reviews by princelyun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have tangled,frizzy,dry hair and oily scalp. My hair is damaged due to dye-ing and perming and rebonding hair several times. I've Asian hair, and sensitive scalp. I've tried alot of shampoos such as Loreal, Patene, Herbal Essences, Vidal, Head and Shoulders etc but they itch on my scalp alot and my scalp gets oily at the end of day. Its my first day trying out on the Tsubaki damage care shampoo and conditioner. I must have said that it does makes my hair less tangled but still tangled alittle, and my hair becomes flatten and soften. The smell of the shampoo is not very yummy, but acceptable. I'll continue to try and see how it goes, hopefully it will not be oily at end of day nor hurt my scalp.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/17/2011 10:50:00 PM More reviews by teenadearr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I am Asian, and because of what I have heard it does to Asian hair, I was excited to try this out.

I was disappointed. It did make my hair shinier, but it didn't make it softer. It didn't lather up well for me. Even after I used it, my hair felt greasier than before I washed it. It weighed my hair down.

For reference, I have thick hair, naturally straight, and it is not dyed nor permed in anyway.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2011 11:59:00 AM More reviews by Camandjoe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Had to give this an all around 5, best shampoo and conditioner i have tried, period. Like other claimed, after using the shampoo the first time you can feel the difference and when I first read it I thought that's just exaggeration. No, it's now, I can feel the difference when I was rinsing out the shampoo during the first use. The hair feel so much more supple, hydrated, you can a tually feel the difference. I am using the white line for damage hair because I dye my hair on reg basis and I also get the Japanese straightening done once to twice a year. I am not trying another products anytime soon!!!!!
On the price, it's about $45 Canadian dollars for the shamp and cond but I think it's well worth it, I have med length hair and only use two pumps each time and because it leaves my hair so manageable I can get away with washing my hair once every other day so it works.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 12:21:00 AM More reviews by koreancutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This stuff is amazing!! Smells delicious and makes your hair soo silky and shiny and bouncy. The only thing I dont like is that I have to wash my hair like once a day or it gets greasy. But I really like the pump bottles, and I think its worth the money.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2011 10:20:00 AM More reviews by Deela

After finishing my first bottle of the red tsubaki shampoo, I find that it didn't clean well, made my scalp really itchy and caused dandruff, maybe its too rich for my hair. So I decided to try the white tsubaki shampoo and fell in love. It cleans better, does not itch the scalp, hair feels wonderful to the touch, very soft indeed. After finishing the white bottle, for the sake of trying, I bought Asience Shining range and hated them. Am now back on da 2nd bottle of the white tsubaki shampoo and I compliment it by using the red tsubaki conditioner. I have yet to try their mask treatment. The red range smells nicer than the white range, but the white range tames and softens my hair damn good so I'd pass on the fragrance. Wish it had more volume to it though... 4 stars for the WHITE tsubaki shampoo!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2011 1:06:00 AM More reviews by iamami

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I always wanted to try this shampoo out, but I thought it's a little too expensive for shampoo/conditioner. However, recently, my hair is going really bad, it's probably because it's too long and I start to have split ends and everything. So, I thought it wouldn't hurt to try it out, maybe it is really that great.
The smell is great, I only lose a few hairs everytime I wash my hair (I used to loose quite a lot), and it's not as dry now.
It's certainly better than Pantene, Dove, and Herbal Essence.
The price is a little too expensive, but it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2011 5:36:00 AM More reviews by Yamada70

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am so in love with this line of shampoo & conditioner! I have NEVER been so in love with a shampoo before! I found out about this through accident. I purchased it at my local Japanese grocery store & I can't stop raving about it. The conditioner is phenomenal! The shampoo looks like white pearly lotion (which I was a bit "urgh!" when I first squeezed it out of the bottle), it lathers quickly & smells lovely. It cleanses without drying & the conditioner is sooo moisturising without being sticky & greasy~ You just need a small amount. My hair had been colored, permed and then colored numerous times which led to my hair feeling dry & brittle. I have decided to go back to my natural color & is the process of growing out my dry ends. This shampoo & conditioner is definitely helping with minimising split ends.
I will definitely re-purchase!