Shiseido Tsubaki Shampoo

3.8

water, sodium laureth sulfate, sodium taurine cocoyl, methyltaurate, sodium cocoamphoacetate, cocamidopropyl betaine, glycol distearate, dipropylene glycol, cocamide mea, sorbitol, sodium chloride, hydroexyethyl urea, polyquaternium-7, camellia japonica seed oil, polyquaternium-61, dimethicone, citric acid, ceratonia siliqua hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, bis-isobutyl PEG-14/amodimethicone copolymer, disodium edta, sodium methyl lauroyl taurate, potassium cocoyl glutamate, glycerin, butylene glycol, PCA ethyl cocoyl, arginate, phenoxethanol, sodium benzoate, fragrance, yellow 5, CI 15985.

on 3/19/2012 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Just used the white one for damaged hair. My hair is bleached and colored, so it is quite dry. This smells mildly floral but it's not a strong, irritating floral - quite fresh and clean smelling. My hair is smoother and softer. Love it. Good everyday shampoo that won't dry your hair. However, I've used better shampoos (Kerastase) so it's not exactly the best but certainly not bad.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm half asian, and have thick wavy hair. I was excited to find this at a local japanese grocery and dolled out the cash (it was $20 a bottle) with optimism given what I've heard this does to asian hair. I find this okay. My hair is naturally given to shine, its frizz that I need to worry about. I do like my hair using this, but I can't say that its a lot better than some other drugstore shampoos that I've used. I'm not crazy about the fragrance. I wish it smelled prettier (if that makes sense!). I wouldn't rule out buying this again, but probably just as another impulse buy. :)

on 1/10/2012 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'll admit I bought this because it's by Shiseido.
I have the damage care (white) shampoo, and the normal (red) hair mask.

The damage care shampoo leaves my hair quite fluffy and light, which I like. But I do feel that my scalp gets oily faster at the end of the day. No flaking or dandruff from this though. The damage care isn't so strong that my hair feels super sleek and coated. But it's overall a good shampoo, and the price for something made-by-shiseido is of course a winner.

The white damage care conditioner, however, couldn't live up to the likes of L'Oreal's damage care and strengthening line. The red hair mask is much richer, but even for daily use is not super rich or heavy.

on 12/16/2011 3:08:00 AM

At first i was expecting something positive from this shampoo and conditioner range but it failed me because my scalp was getting oily very fast throughout the day and my hair was so lifeless..furthermore i had serious hair drop ever since using this shampoo..guess it was kinda heavy for a climate weather users..not going repurchase any more.

on 10/10/2011 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is a great product for those with dry hair. It has the signature tsubaki scent and does not strip hair. The only thing I don't like is that I think it is a little too moisturizing for a shampoo, as my scalp gets oily a little faster than when I use a regular drugstore shampoo. It comes in a handy pump dispenser if you buy the bigger bottle and if you run out you can buy a refill bag instead of another bottle :) Though it does make my hair a little oily I would still repurchase just because Tsubaki products are really really great.

on 8/21/2011 9:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is great shampoo! I saw it in my local Marukai and thought sure, why not? Shiseido skin products are wonderful, and it's fairly inexpensive! The first thing I noticed right off the bat was the smell. It. Is. Lovely. Light and floral/fruity, but not aggressive like say, Herbal Essences. It's the perfect consistency-creamy, but not thick, and it suds up well and rinses clean. The Tsubaki conditioner that goes with it is wonderful as well. Nice and creamy, delicious smell, and leaves my hair silky and soft. I just run the conditioner through the bottom two thirds of my hair, never letting it touch my scalp, since I tend to be oily there. With other shampoos, this can get somewhat drying, but the Tsubaki shampoo has the perfect balance-moisturizing without being heavy.
Probably one of the best shampoos I've ever tried!

on 8/1/2011 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

In my quest to find hair products that will counteract the effects of desert heat, sun, and dryness, I swapped for this shampoo (in the red bottle) from Shiseido. I have to say that I'm very pleasantly surprised. It's creamy, lathers well, is gentle, and makes my hair feel good (not stripped) even before I apply conditioner. I was concerned that I would dislike the scent because it contains camellia oil, but it does not smell flowery at all, just clean, fresh, and pleasant. It also makes my hair insanely shiny and gives it lots of body, which is a real plus. This and B&B's Mending shampoo and conditioner have saved my hair. I will repurchase (if I ever use this up, because it comes in a huge bottle with a pump--a nice bonus).

on 7/27/2011 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I have tangled,frizzy,dry hair and oily scalp. My hair is damaged due to dye-ing and perming and rebonding hair several times. I've Asian hair, and sensitive scalp. I've tried alot of shampoos such as Loreal, Patene, Herbal Essences, Vidal, Head and Shoulders etc but they itch on my scalp alot and my scalp gets oily at the end of day. Its my first day trying out on the Tsubaki damage care shampoo and conditioner. I must have said that it does makes my hair less tangled but still tangled alittle, and my hair becomes flatten and soften. The smell of the shampoo is not very yummy, but acceptable. I'll continue to try and see how it goes, hopefully it will not be oily at end of day nor hurt my scalp.

on 6/14/2011 11:59:00 AM

Had to give this an all around 5, best shampoo and conditioner i have tried, period. Like other claimed, after using the shampoo the first time you can feel the difference and when I first read it I thought that's just exaggeration. No, it's now, I can feel the difference when I was rinsing out the shampoo during the first use. The hair feel so much more supple, hydrated, you can a tually feel the difference. I am using the white line for damage hair because I dye my hair on reg basis and I also get the Japanese straightening done once to twice a year. I am not trying another products anytime soon!!!!!
On the price, it's about $45 Canadian dollars for the shamp and cond but I think it's well worth it, I have med length hair and only use two pumps each time and because it leaves my hair so manageable I can get away with washing my hair once every other day so it works.

on 4/11/2011 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is amazing!! Smells delicious and makes your hair soo silky and shiny and bouncy. The only thing I dont like is that I have to wash my hair like once a day or it gets greasy. But I really like the pump bottles, and I think its worth the money.

Popular Shampoos