November 23, 2014 | 2071 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Wave™ (Power-Cleanser And Deep Clean Foaming Pads)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2012 10:40:00 PM More reviews by alexaober

I really wanted to try this product and when I did I was dissappointed, it didn't do anything for me. I felt like it was irritating and drying out my skin. It's kind of expensive to buy a new pad almost everytime you need to use one? So you get a new pad everyday almost and it ends up adding up since they don't give you many and make you repurchase and their not cheap after a while, not worth the money to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2012 10:22:00 PM More reviews by hunter26

When this product first came out I was always reluctant to pick up but then the other day it was on sale at target for $5.00 so I thought why not? I LOVE this thing!! It cleans my skin sooo well and my face feels so smooth afterwards. I have very oilly and acne prone skin so I thought it might be a bit harsh for my skin but its actually helped clear and prevent my acne, which makes sense because it cleans deep into your pores and takes alot more bacteria and dirt off your skin that normal cleansing would. So overall I am in love with this. ")

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2011 11:25:00 AM More reviews by leni423

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

do not believe the claim that this is waterproof. i used it about four times before it started to go all poltergeist on me. it would cut on by itself in the middle of the night and the only way to turn it off was to take the battery out. after having it for about a week, it finally succumbed the big sleep. i thought that maybe it had vibrated throughout the night and drained its battery, so i put in a new one but that did no good. hasn't cut on since.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2011 2:07:00 AM More reviews by hosullivan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

(low rating is for the cleansing pads! not the Wave itself!)

So I LOVE the Wave itself - it's cute and small and I feel like it hella works. Plus it's fun/weird so it motivates me to actually wash my face (something I'm bad at doing consistently). Super down with the Wave as a device.

But the cleansing pads are just. No. There are only three kinds - the default "deep clean" ones, the exfoliating ones (with extra nubbies on them), and the anti-blemish ones. My Wave came with the default ones (and I haven't actually seen any of the other ones in my local Walmarts/Walgreens), and that cleanser was WAY harsh on my face. I read here that the Wave can work real well for those dry flaky bits around the nose/mouth, so I used my Wave a bit extra on those when I first got it and DANG it made them SO MUCH WORSE. They were very red and inflamed and dry, and soaked up any moisturizer I put on them instantly - the only thing that helped was my double-mega-intense Eucerin moisturizer that partially sits on the skin as a layer of oil, which usually makes me break out like a mofo. I switched to using the pads once every other day, and the dry patches went away after a couple weeks (!! WEEKS), but my skin still felt weirdly dry and tight, and I was still breaking out.

I've quit using the pads (as in I threw away a bunch), but I'm holding onto the Wave to use with cotton pads and a different cleanser. Thank god I got it at Ulta for $5 - I wouldn't buy this full price. If you have sensitive skin, don't bother!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2011 12:28:00 AM More reviews by sarah714

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

PROS: I love that its so compact, pink, and portable! Its an okayish good cleanser for my non-problimatic skin..; It gives a clean tingly feel.

CONS: After washing my face, in a few minutes my skin feels very tight and a bit dry, which are both the opposite of what im trying to get! ;It burns if i cleanse with it for like more than 2 minutes; It seems like the vibrating does nothing, like it doesnt get to your skin.

But i would probably buy it again. I reccomend Sea Breeze Deep clean astrigent; it works amazingly! It picks up ALL of the dirt on your face, that you can see on the cottonball.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2011 4:02:00 PM More reviews by ediekitty

Save yourself $12 and buy an exfoliating glove.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2011 10:10:00 PM More reviews by iNSeRTCLeVeRNaMeHeRe

I guess its ok, but these are the things I don't like
*the lack of ACTUAL acne treatment (like I have really stubborn acne, and need an actual treatment..not just this little pad!)
*the necessity to buy more pads so often! i wash my face everyday twice a day, and with packs of 30, that really adds up! (and not just the price-the inconvenience!)
*the lack of sudz-ing up! I'm not sure, when I used it, it just felt like I was wiping a pad that smelled good over my face! It didn't feel like it was helping my skin at all!! (and it didn't..)
*it never gave me a "clean feeling". not sure why, but it really never even felt like i washed my face!!

ok, so that makes it sound TERRIBLE, but it's really not thatt bad, I mean it smells good :) and i feel like the vibrating would help a lot...if you could just buy some black pads and apply your own acne wash!!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2011 11:58:00 PM More reviews by nadiame

Okay to start off i was really excited about using this product, because hello! a cheap vibrating cleanser! so i really wanted to give it a try and like it. I guess it kinda cleanses and does its job, but it doesn't give you the fresh smooth clean feeling that i usually get after i clean my face. I really wanted to like this product, but the pads are expensive you only get 20 pads for $6-$7 and if you use one for the morning & night (do the math wayyy to much for me) so it wasn't thew most effective cleanser in the world.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2011 1:29:00 PM More reviews by diamondsugar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

All I see is negative reviews for this, and I disagree with the ones saying it's garbage. This product works very well for me, it leaves my skin feeling super clean, smooth & polished. I feel like it has improved my acne and skin texture. From using this, along with the tanda zap, my skin hasn't been this clear since I was 14 (now 20). My bf compliments about how clear my skin is all the time now, it feels great! I agree that the pads can get a little expensive, but I got ghetto with it and cleaned the pad to re-use, then put a little bit of my regular face cleanser (exposed skincare cleanser) on it so I could use each pad twice, doubling the use. Just make sure you clean the pad very well with cleanser to get rid of any makeup or bacteria from the first use.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2011 1:32:00 PM More reviews by sarah71390

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I got this and have hardly used it. It stopped working for awhile because I dropped it in my sink and then one day it kicked back on. It's kind of a waste if you think about it. You have to buy the cleaning pads that are expensive and if you wash your face day and night, you are using a whole pack a week which adds up. I still like Neutrogena products, but this just wasn't for me.