July 24, 2014 | 1658 users online

CD/Books/Movies - Kevyn Aucoin - Book- Face Forward

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2004 12:02:00 AM More reviews by adozenblueroses

I really enjoyed this book, it was very unconventional from other makeup books I've read. I found the pictures with the contrasting makeup applications very effective, because you can see how minor changes effect the complete look. The celebrity makeovers into other celebrities were humorous and entertaining, and it just goes to show what a little makeup can do. (If you have their bone structure, lol!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2004 12:21:00 PM More reviews by pmakraki

I bought this book after asking my dear MUAers (ALL suggested it)and i already have done 3-4 makeovers with excellent results (as others said)
And to think the only thing i wore was foundation! Now i have many colors to practise, tips for application and lots of grateful girl friends (u see i practise on them :)
The only thing i didn't find so useful or practical was the book's second section with the metamorphosis of famous people into other famous people! Although who knows until Halloween...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2004 6:38:00 PM More reviews by Jaclyn_M

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Kevyn Aucoin literally changed the way I wear makeup. All of my life, despite the fact that I felt I was cool-toned, I loved warm-toned makeup. For example, I had always worn peach or tan blush simply because I did not like the color pink. After seeing all the makeovers in this book, I started noticing how many of them involved pink blush, and looked pretty good. Soon afterward, I bought some pink blush for myself and was impressed with how it looked - it was much more flattering on me than peach or tan. This inspired me to check out other colors I had previously dismissed. I began experimenting with new colors until I found cool-toned makeup that I actually liked, and I feel that it flatters me much more than the makeup I used to wear. I feel better about the way I look now than I have in years. Thank you Kevyn, and rest in peace!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2004 6:01:00 AM More reviews by MauveRebelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This book is fabulous. Kevin is sharing his great talent with us. The way he describes the technic to achieve such or such look is so easy that you can so easly do it yourself, and the different looks he creates are all beautifull. I won't put it down.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2004 12:56:00 AM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Kevyn Aucoin was the first makeup artist that I ever made me think that makeup was an art. His books are all amazing. If you ever get a chance, purchase at least one of them. These books changed my life and made me want to become a makeup artist. Kevyn Aucoin was a true artist and he will be missed.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2004 2:54:00 PM More reviews by loveshack529

This book is the makeup BIBLE!! I also have Making Faces and the Art of Makeup. A must have for all makeup enthusiasts! Kevyn is truly inspiring and very talented. His artwork on the faces of celebrities as well as fresh new faces is absolutely amazing!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2003 5:26:00 PM More reviews by Lexi17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an inspiring book which really drives home the point that there's always something new to discover about yourself and about others and one of the ways to represent a surprising part about yourself or others is through makeup. The pictures are stunning, but it's a bit less practical and down to earth than Kevyn's Making Faces, which is why I took off a lippie. Still, this is a book that every Aucoin fan should possess and every makeup junkie should look at, at least once.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2003 11:36:00 AM More reviews by maliastyle

Kevyn Aucoin is an inspiration to me as an artist and as a person - he was truly great, the top of his profession, and we are so lucky to be blessed with his work in printed form.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2003 1:52:00 PM More reviews by courtnie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a such an interesting book! Kevyn's words and art are truly inspirational and motivational. The fact that he turned Martha Stewart into a bombshell let's me know that anything can be accomplished with makeup. Kevyn was an artist without rival and this explains why. If you want a basic makeup book get Kevyn's Art of Makeup. This is more of an advanced makeup book or a great coffee table book because the images are so fascinating.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2003 6:13:00 PM More reviews by Katras

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this book. I must admit the main reason in me buying this book was the Maria Callas section, I adore her! Mr. Aucoin tells you what colors and how to apply them to the face, although he does not go into brands. The only downfall was that in some sections he gets a little political and I hate being preached too, but that's just me:)