October 23, 2014 | 874 users online

Foundations - Max Factor - Miracle Touch Liquid Illusion Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2012 3:12:00 PM More reviews by ofjune

My shade: 40 Creamy Ivory

Pros:
Good range of shades (about nine I think).
Good medium coverage, but can build for more.
Covers spots/pimples well.
Easy to blend.
No offensive smell.
Packaging fits in purses/bags easily.
Storage area for sponge.
Lasted me a good 3-4 months now.

Cons:
Upon nearly finishing the product it gets more difficult to get product out of the package.
Sometimes looks flaky on drier skin (remember to moisturize before hand).
Settles into fine lines a little.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2012 8:12:00 AM More reviews by Bettybo75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

pros:
-it is long wearing
-shades are very acceptable (Im mac nw20-25 and my shade is golden 75)
-good to travel with
-it applies easily
-not oily
-good price
-no prob at all using sponge that comes in it

cons:
-it has a smell that you might not like but Im ok with it
-glass pot could be plastic
-could have a mirror for touch ups

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2012 7:32:00 PM More reviews by lovebymertaah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this foundation. That's kinda bad cause it's such a small amount, but I'll come to that later. It covers really well and you can build up the coverage if you want more. My skin looks flawless and it stays all day. I would definately buy this product alot, if they changed the amount. It's such a small amount of foundation. If they do a larger package, I will buy it again, and it will say 'love' this foundation, not 'really like'.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2012 6:20:00 AM More reviews by chloelouisex

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

I have used this foundation for quite a while now and repurchased it several times. I like the packaging as it's easy to fit into my purse if I need to apply touch-ups throughout the day and it comes with a sponge. I have quite oily skin and after setting this with a powder it's fine, although it tends to wear off and by the end of the day there is barely any product left. The price is reasonable and you can either have light coverage or build it up for a more full coverage. Overall a good foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2012 2:44:00 PM More reviews by emeliablack

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

hey!, so i have acne prone skin and oily skin too!, i have been using this foundation for about 2 months now, and i really like it i think its not bad price, it gives a nice coverage something that i have never had before, i apply it with my mac 187 stipple brush although you are suppose to apply with a sponge i prefer to apply it with a brush, it has never broken me out its long lasting and good coverage!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2012 10:29:00 PM More reviews by Narlene95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin and a medium, yellow-based skin tone, some acne-scarring, redness and visible pores on my nose and slightly on my cheeks. I have been trying for a few years to find a foundation that won't melt off me after an hour of wear, sink into my pores or make me orange.

Max Factor's Miracle Touch Liquid Illusion foundation is the best I've used by far. I prep my skin with an exfoliating scrub and then a primer, and apply the foundation thinly and blendably with a Napoleon Perdis foundation brush, and set it because of the shine and oily look you get after application with a loose mineral powder.

PROS:
- it lasts all day with touch ups
- it doesn't sink into my pores until much later in the day
- it has never caused a breakout!
- it lasts me forever because I use it very thinly
- it matches my skin tone almost perfectly (I use Golden 75)

CONS:
- it's pretty pricey for a drug store brand
- there's not a whole lot of product (I use probably one every two to three months, but someone who would want a heavier coverage would probably run out in a month)
- it does go shiny after a couple of hours, but looks perfect again with a touch up

Overall, it is by far the best foundation I have used, but I will still continue looking for the best! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2012 4:15:00 AM More reviews by nallaharas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A pretty good foundation- much like Covergirl's Olay Simply Ageless Cream foundation. The cover isn't quite as heavy but still decent. The colours are more suited to yellow tones where I find Covergirl's are a little bit pinker. Also Miracle Touch is slightly more hydrating. Overall I use it quite regularly. The most disappointing part of these two cream foundations is that they look really nice and cover discolouration so well, but they crease so easily under and around your eyes - so powder quickly.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/18/2012 6:01:00 PM More reviews by annemarieke

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

It's a good foundation as long as you remain indoors. It's got too many glitters te wear outside.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2012 8:56:00 AM More reviews by silvermouse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I was pleasantly surprised by this. I confess I mainly bought it because of the excellent colour match - which was surprising given their fairly limited range of colours.

I really like the texture of this - its a cream foundation that gives a powdery finish when applied. I wasn't expecting much from a cream foundation given I have fairly oily skin but to my surprised I stayed pretty oil-slick free and it lasted for the entire day (this was put on top of a good primer and set with a loose powder)

In terms of coverage it's light to medium and this is the best part of this product. It looks very natural which is great for everyday use. For me it barely felt like I was wearing any foundation, which is an effect I've only had from Chanel Vitalumiere (which didn't last anywhere near as long as this). I usually stick to powder foundations because of my oily T-zone but they've all felt wuite cakey.

The package is a bit odd. I like that they keep the sponge and the foundation in different sections but it was a bit wired to have a flip top for the former and a screw top for the latter. Still, I like the fact that the foundation is kept in a glass container.

The sponge is average but is a quick and easy way to apply. I think if you wanted heavier coverage you could use a foundation brush, or if you want lighter coverage, fingers a a great way of blending.

I definitely will buy again if I run out

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2012 10:41:00 AM More reviews by Farnhead

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the only foundation I can use because every other foundation seems to break me out. It is a light to medium coverage and glides on very easily and smoothes the skin out. It doesn't feel like you are wearing any foundation and looks very natural.

I prefer to use this foundation with a stippling brush (I use MAC's). I might have to touch up during lunch time on my T-Zone but it pretty much lasts all day and even when it does wear off it doesn't look awful at all.

There are a few things about this foundation which I don't like, such as the colour is not the exact match for me and doesn't have a yellow undertone. I am a MAC nc35, I use the darkest shade which is called Bronze which is darker than my skin tone. However, if I use Golden I find this looks too washed out and isn't a very nice colour. The other not so good thing is that it lasts maybe 6 weeks then I am finding myself buy a new one.

But the good outweighs the bad and I rather have clear skin then break out in spots. I have combination skin which is sensitive and breaks out with the wrong products. I have yet to find a foundation which doesn't break me out. Laura Merciers powders don't but I dont like powders much. I wish MAC didn't break me out as the NC35 colour shade is perfect and I love the look of most of their foundations. I have also found Chanel foundations to break me out too.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No