August 22, 2014 | 1999 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Monistat - Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 1:14:00 PM More reviews by noelrayortegaxo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

When used as a primer, this Monistat Powder-Gel works just a great as the Smashbox, BareMinerals, MUFE, and the countless drugstore brands I've tried. It goes on smoothly, dries to a nice matte finish, and doesn't leave behind a film on the skin. I am very oily/combo and acne prone and this doesn't seem to bother my skin, add flakes, or clog pores. The ingredients the are very similar to many primers out there. I did notice there are only a few ingredients, instead of a long list of unpronounceable names, which leads me to believe this stuff really shouldn't clog pores. Sometimes less is more.

Basically, I'm loving this as a primer. The price is so low ($5.99 at my local Target) that I can't ever imagine going back to Sephora for a primer.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 3:00:00 PM More reviews by JadaIgwe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This made my face congested all day.

Acne prone skin beware or just stay far away. You will seriously feel it trapping the oil, dirt, and bacteria in your face, especially if you have an active lifestyle. I recommend if you are active buying some good johnson and johnson wipes

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 1:48:00 AM More reviews by Ladyleopard805

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Me :Dry, sensitive skin, prone to allergies and eczema, and the dreaded acne.

This is a fantastic primer, you need very little (rub it into the skin don't just slather it on like a dodo bird :D!)

Doesn't aggravate my dry, sensitive skin lasts forever, and the packaging is hygienic for those of you with packaging issues. Helps makeup last all day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Finally got around to trying this as a makeup primer and I wish I hadn't kept forgetting to buy it! Wow. It makes my Prestige Wet/Dry powder foundation stay on nicely for 8-10 hours, when before I was lucky to get 2-3 hours out of the powder foundation! It also totally keeps the oil away... I have VERY oily skin where after a few hours either the powder foundation turned orange, or it just disappeared and my very red cheeks and oily skin beam through. This chafing gel stuff has completely changed that!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2013 8:29:00 PM More reviews by indiebaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Update: 11/8/13- No matter what i do, the product breaks me out so I took off a star. It does give a nice finish, but I'll only be using it sparingly.

Does it work like a charm? Yes.

If you're an acne prone girl, should you be careful? YES.

As we all know we should wash our face when we use makeup, get the gunk off. When using this chafing gel as primer this is a MUST IF YOU ARE ACNE PRONE. If you don't it does clog pores, and may cause some breakouts. If I don't wash my face after using, I almost immediately get a couple pimples the next morning.

Used with caution, this stuff is lovely. Works perfect for a primer like everyone else has already repeated.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by lmg613

Awesome. Matte, pore-minimizing, non-irritating. Have used over powder mineral makeup and liquid foundation, works with both. Can't imagine shelling out twice as much for a primer unless it *literally* made my skin look like porcelain. The price may be climbing a bit, but still the most reasonable primer by far.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2013 9:32:00 PM More reviews by hannalee92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

THE BEST FACE PRIMER IN THE WORLD.
I cannot believe how amazing this is. It keeps my makeup in place and long lasting. I used Revlon Perfecting Primer to see if it was as good as Monistat, but I found it to be terrible. It looked like the makeup flew away.
I don't find it oily; I touch up with powder because I get slightly oily throughout the day.
This stuff is incredibly inexpensive, around $6 for 42 grams. I can't imagine doing my makeup without this. It creates a silky, even canvas for whatever face product you're using. It has a slight smell to it (nothing bad) but doesn't linger around.
Because I love it SO much, I went out and bought 3 more tubes! :D
All it does is make my skin look absolutely flawless. It's the only primer I will ever use.
DEFINITELY try it out, it's 100% worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Jilly914

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I wanted to find a primer for my oily skin. Over the years, I've tried a few samples of high end primers. I liked how they felt on my skin (and controlled oil), but they were too expensive. I liked the Smashbox one, but it's like $40.

I started reading ingredients on packaging for primers. It seemed that a lot of them had Dimethicone at the top of the list. I read about Monistat gel on this site and looked up the ingredients. The ingredients are similar to a lot of expensive primers.

I purchased it at my local Target for $6, and it works great! Such a good find :)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2013 9:18:00 PM More reviews by Babydollxxo

I ran into my local drug store in hopes of this being my holy grail.

I was so excited to try my make-up on the very next day. I did my usual morning routine. Washed my face with my Mia Clarisonic, moisturized with Cetaphils all types skin moisturizor, let it set before i applied Monistat.
I dab a pea size amount across my face with my ring finger covering my T- Zone, and on my cheeks. If I have any extra still left over i use it on my neckline as well. (Honestly, when i say a little bit goes a long way...... it sure goes a long way.)

I loved the way it felt at first, so soft and silky... just like your typical primer.
I then started to apply my regular foundation/make-up routine. I was so impressed by the way my skin looked.
My face looked so even, soft, and overall beautiful.
About two hours or so into my normal work day i see my foundation cake up, and now i look like a huge grease ball by the end of my 8 hour shift.I felt as if my face was better off without a "primer" to begin with.I have yet to find an affordable primer that will really work for my oily skin.I personally wouldn't give this product any stars.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 11:06:00 AM More reviews by demetra02

I absolutely love this product. I have been using this for 2 years now. I had seen so many great reviews on here so I decided to give it a try since I was tired of using my mac face protect. I have to admit it is the best primer I have used. It reminds me of the smashbox photofinish primer, but it is way better. I put it on after I tone and moisturize my skin and let it dry for 5 mins. Then I put on my smashbox foundation and it glides on. The consistency is gel like, I apply it in circular motions to minimize pores. Another bonus is the price, I buy it when I go to the states from the Walmart there and its $7USD, which is way cheaper than $30 for most primers on the market. It doesn't have an SPF which I like since I hate that white overcast when taking pictures. Will keep buying for the rest of my life and highly recommend.