April 20, 2014 | 1956 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Define A Lash Volume Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2011 2:48:00 PM More reviews by wgillesp92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this mascara because I am a certified mascara junkie and wanted something for my short, uneven lashes that would help lengthen and fan them out. I don't care too much for volume, although I do prefer formulas which hold a curl. I like this mascara a lot, it wasn't clumpy, didn't smear, and looked very nice. I took one off the rating because I prefer the lengthening formula in the green tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2011 11:37:00 AM More reviews by Limey1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm surprised that there are so many negative comments on this product - obviously, we're all different. I really like it in the Waterproof formula, it seems to volumize and lengthen really well. A little clumping but not much. Anyway, I'll have to find another one as I think they must be phasing it out - drugstores here in Vancouver don't have the waterproof formula any more and only a few of the non-waterproof. So I'm searching around here to find another one. Oh yes, forgot....I did buy Maybelline XXL Pro but guess I didn't look at it properly - it's one that has a clear "fibre" side that's supposed to give you a good base and the other side is the mascara. It doesn't do what it's supposed to do.......and that means you only get half a tube of the actual mascara.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2011 10:45:00 AM More reviews by nekroze

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is one of those products that is hard to review because it has many pros and cons.
I was trying to decide among dozens of mascaras-it is so hard to pick up one in drugstores,there are just so many!I went for this because I really love the plastic brushes,and I was looking for a volumizing mascara that also seperates the lashes.but I am surprised that it acts like a lenghtening one more.so here is the deal.
Pros:
1)volumizes and lenghtens
2)seperates the lashes.
3)curls.I always use a lash curler but a mascara that holds the curl is always good.
4)holds well.
cons:
-wet formula.you have to be careful not to stain your eyelids while working on your lashes.
-it may clump if you rush in putting the second coat.but you shouldn't let it dry either.
-it feels heavy after it dries.

after all I loved this mascara.because of the cons it has,I thought about giving 3 stars but it would really be unfair because it works well for me and I am definetely a dramatic-lashes kinda girl.

edit:after a week of using this,I change my rating from 4 to 2 stars.because it basically gives me racoon eyes.it flakes like crazy.I can't make it work even with a base so if you don't experience the flaky trouble,lucky for you!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2011 1:47:00 PM More reviews by LIEHIEZE

This mascara just doesn't really do it for me. I like the brush and how it seperates my lashes but still makes them fuller and longer, but it doesn't hold the curl at all which is really important to me. It also smells really funny, but that doesn't really matter once its on your eyes. I won't repurchase this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2011 10:03:00 PM More reviews by tapestry00

This mascara is great for short lashes because it adds length and defines yours lashes. I've tried other drugstore brands like Cover Girl and L'Oreal but none of them ever worked on my lashes. My lashes are short and stick out all over the place. The only downside to this product is that it takes time achieve the best look. You need to sweep the brush more than a few times to get defined long lashes that are clump free. I have bought this product twice and will continue to buy it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2011 9:09:00 AM More reviews by herbgurl82

Found at Big Lots for $4. Not so great for Volume, but awesome for length! This might knock my L'Oreal Clean Definition Telescopic Mascara out of the running for my favorite mascara...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2011 6:08:00 AM More reviews by Piggie8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is interesting, because even though is says Volume, it gives length. No volume whatsoever, but holy freaking crap on the length. It does smudge, I've found that all Maybelline mascaras not in waterproof do that to me, but if they don't do them to you, maybe they won't. I recommend this to a lot of people who want length. In fact, I don't use it because of the length it gives, too much for my super long eyelashes, LOL. If this didn't smudge I'd be a lot happier, but whatever.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2011 10:44:00 AM More reviews by cheerbabe1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HATE THIS MASCARA, when i first bought it, it worked wonders, but now, i hate it. It makes my lashes uneven dosen't do anythingg, uqqhhh :/

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2011 4:54:00 AM More reviews by canzus

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's a pretty good mascara--nothing amazing, but you do get a bit of volume like it promises and it doesn't get clumpy, even if you keep it for longer than you should. ;-) I like the wand.

Nothing spectacular, but I definitely like it better than the classic green-and-pink Maybelline mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2011 11:57:00 AM More reviews by PerfectPicture

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I brought this product yesterday in Brown (Actually I brought two - 1 at Poundland!). I'm a brown mascara kinda-girl and at the minute I've been using L'Oreal's Million Lash effect mascara (my HG).
This product is good but for a million-ising mascara it doesn't seem to do that much, I think it might be because the formula is so wet - so I'll use it for a few weeks and see if it gets any better. I won't disregard it - it's still a good mascara but not a perfect replacement for my HG.
Also, if you want a mascara that has a 'falsies' effect THIS IS NOT IT.
Would probably repurchase at the 1!
PS. No flaking!