August 30, 2014 | 1642 users online

Fragrances - Calvin Klein - Obsession

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2011 5:05:00 PM More reviews by ShayOx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I dont understand what the hell this perfume is supposed to be, as soon as i spray it on BAAAAAAAAAAM, some insane pang of smell, not nice smell, NOOOOOO, nasty sharp metally weird not so pleasant smell. The thing is I do actually agree with the fact that the formulas been changed as my aunt still owns hers back from the early 90s or was it late 80s and that smelled divine so I went out and bought it. However they smell so different, defo a formula change. CALVIN KLEIN wth were you thinking?

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2011 2:50:00 AM More reviews by Mimpix

I used to love this perfume - the warm powdery amber, soft fudge like vanilla, spices, incense and musk... There really was NOTHING better.

But that was before it got reformulated into real CRAP. Now it mainly smells like sweaty coriander, and the sillage and longevity is oh so bad.

Don`t buy any of todays bottles manufacture by Coty, keep to the vintage ones made by Calvin Klein and Unilever.

I HATE Coty. They destroyed the best perfume ever created.

Please let me know if there are any perfumes out there that are similar to the vintage Obsession. Must Cartier perhaps? Or is that one also reformulated garbage?

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2011 7:50:00 PM More reviews by kathfitz

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've loved Obsession since it came out. I was in my early 20s and wore it back then. I've been married for 25 years and have worn loads of perfumes over the years, but this is the only one my husband loves and comments on.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2011 12:24:00 PM More reviews by scorpio50

These are some of the most entertaining comments I've read about a fragrance. IMO, people like to smell good, and Obsession is popular because it makes you smell good. I never owned it because I was just averse to all the hype back in the 80s-90s. However I do recall getting a whiff of it from a co-worker -- the sillage was beautiful, and caused me to soften my opinion of Obsession. Now that I'm a woman of a certain age, I'm more open to trying different perfumes. My beau smelled a sample card of Obsession that was sitting in a stack of mail, he loves it, and you only live once, so I'm getting some!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2011 11:32:00 PM More reviews by TeHNyboR

Ick! I think my grandma would even say this is too much of an old lady perfume! Waaaaaay too musky, heavy, and set off my allergies like crazy. It just plain stinks!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2011 11:17:00 PM More reviews by Classycass01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This scent is blah! Its strong, really spicy, very much an older womans scent. Its not something a man would compliment you on either lol. Its not appealing at all. :(

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2011 9:57:00 PM More reviews by steenbaby7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Gross! I am not a fan of this perfume. I got it for my birthday when I turned 12... yes.. 12! I think my friend's mom regifted it cause there is no way she would go out of her way to buy a 12 year old this crap. It's way too strong. I still had the full bottle up until a year ago when I finally threw it out and I'm 23. I can't believe how popular this perfume used to be! It's awful.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2011 11:37:00 AM More reviews by becky39

I havn't had Obsession on my skin since I was a wee teen in the 80's! I actually can't really believe I used to wear this stuff as a teenager as it's a huge perfume! I do like it, it's a nice powdery spicy scent on me but only suited for winter IMO. Spritzed carefully, I'll probably used my Q-tip or cotton ball method (1 spray on a Q-tip or cotton ball then applied gently to wrists) as this stuff when over spritzed could take out a small town! I'll revisit Obsession in November and revise my review if anything is different. :o)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2011 6:48:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

An attractive, alluring scent ... I was one of the ppl who loved this fragrance when it hit the market in the '80s. Made a big splash.

I love the vanilla that makes it creamy & the musk that makes it sultry. I don't currently own a bottle but I think it's a very warm scent, great for the dead cold of winter.

A classic.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/11/2011 1:39:00 PM More reviews by daffodile

this fragrance is disgusting...really..it makes me sick.. causes nausea..it is soooo strong so heavy...smells like garbage.....I can't understand how can a women wear this ..never never wear it