April 21, 2014 | 1306 users online

Fragrances - Calvin Klein - Obsession

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2011 7:50:00 PM More reviews by kathfitz

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've loved Obsession since it came out. I was in my early 20s and wore it back then. I've been married for 25 years and have worn loads of perfumes over the years, but this is the only one my husband loves and comments on.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2011 12:24:00 PM More reviews by scorpio50

These are some of the most entertaining comments I've read about a fragrance. IMO, people like to smell good, and Obsession is popular because it makes you smell good. I never owned it because I was just averse to all the hype back in the 80s-90s. However I do recall getting a whiff of it from a co-worker -- the sillage was beautiful, and caused me to soften my opinion of Obsession. Now that I'm a woman of a certain age, I'm more open to trying different perfumes. My beau smelled a sample card of Obsession that was sitting in a stack of mail, he loves it, and you only live once, so I'm getting some!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2011 11:32:00 PM More reviews by TeHNyboR

Ick! I think my grandma would even say this is too much of an old lady perfume! Waaaaaay too musky, heavy, and set off my allergies like crazy. It just plain stinks!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2011 11:17:00 PM More reviews by Classycass01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This scent is blah! Its strong, really spicy, very much an older womans scent. Its not something a man would compliment you on either lol. Its not appealing at all. :(

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2011 9:57:00 PM More reviews by steenbaby7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Gross! I am not a fan of this perfume. I got it for my birthday when I turned 12... yes.. 12! I think my friend's mom regifted it cause there is no way she would go out of her way to buy a 12 year old this crap. It's way too strong. I still had the full bottle up until a year ago when I finally threw it out and I'm 23. I can't believe how popular this perfume used to be! It's awful.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2011 11:37:00 AM More reviews by becky39

I havn't had Obsession on my skin since I was a wee teen in the 80's! I actually can't really believe I used to wear this stuff as a teenager as it's a huge perfume! I do like it, it's a nice powdery spicy scent on me but only suited for winter IMO. Spritzed carefully, I'll probably used my Q-tip or cotton ball method (1 spray on a Q-tip or cotton ball then applied gently to wrists) as this stuff when over spritzed could take out a small town! I'll revisit Obsession in November and revise my review if anything is different. :o)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2011 6:48:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

An attractive, alluring scent ... I was one of the ppl who loved this fragrance when it hit the market in the '80s. Made a big splash.

I love the vanilla that makes it creamy & the musk that makes it sultry. I don't currently own a bottle but I think it's a very warm scent, great for the dead cold of winter.

A classic.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/11/2011 1:39:00 PM More reviews by daffodile

this fragrance is disgusting...really..it makes me sick.. causes nausea..it is soooo strong so heavy...smells like garbage.....I can't understand how can a women wear this ..never never wear it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2011 6:09:00 AM More reviews by MissEstelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was just a baby when this was popular, and I've never known anyone who wore it, so I bought it completely blind on eBay, just wanting to try it.

I'm having trouble describing what this perfume means to me now. I have been feeling bad about myself lately, I'm on antidepressants which have caused irregular weight gain and SEVERE stretch marks, and I've been having odd pains and aches and fluid retention and you-name-it. All in all, I've been finding it hard to adhere to my beliefs in body acceptance and weight neutrality and self-love.

Then along came Obsession, arriving in the mail.

I spritzed it on my wrists, and the next thing I knew I was enveloped in a warm, sensual musk of vanilla and caramel, and suddenly my body was no longer a battlefield of strange and depressing feelings and side effects: It was a warm, soft, glowing whole of beauty and comfort, and I felt so good I wanted to cry.

This perfume is my little miracle. It is helping me through a really bad time, and it is helping me feel sexy and beautiful when my body makes it hard to feel that way. Thank you, Obsession.

33 out of 34 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 1:25:00 AM More reviews by Dimplesgalore

I bought the EDT in a set of other CK perfumes, and to be honest was a little scared of this one. I had been told this was a heavy, overpowering, oriental perfume. Tonight I finaly decided to try it. I sprayed once onto my wrists and took a whif. It wasnt as bad as I expected. Yes, it was heavier than my normal perfumes, but it was nice.

Then it developed into something compleatly different. It took me a long time to figure out what it reminded me of. It smells exactly like when as a little girl, I stuck my face into the stream of a humidifyer and tried to breath in. I also reminded me & everyone around me of playdough.