July 23, 2014 | 1161 users online

Concealers - Cle de Peau - Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 2:20:00 PM More reviews by meruhasaea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Costs an arm and leg, but so worth it!

This is definitely one of the better, if not best, concealers out there.
Creamy and pigemented that stays!

The SA at Nordie's was way off. I knew I needed beige but she dramatcially called out "Ocher"! Nope. After confirming with a swatch I knew it was too yellow/orange/dark.

DON'T go for that perfect match if you want to hide anything. Go lighter.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 3:34:00 AM More reviews by Cleanandpolished

My HG concealer.
this hides everyyyything (I don't use concealer under the eyes however). My skin concerns are hiding post acne scars and blemishes and this does the job really well. I use this with my Sephora HD Pro concealer brush and they both work very well together. I love this concealer and I would repurchase again and again and again. I have tried other concealers because I was curious but nothing compares to this.
For reference, I am in NC 20-25, and I use Beige. It has a somewhat pink undertone to it and it does not really matched my skin well, but it covers! I have been colormatched wrongly to OCRE and it was a damn bad match, it was darker than my skin tone and it made my blemishes even darker. :\ This concealer hides a hickey too, which is pretty amazing.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 10:13:00 AM More reviews by memorgan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love it. Lasts forever. I use this mostly on dark circles. I have tried EVERYTHING, and this is hands down, the best.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2012 5:19:00 AM More reviews by tifdeng

I got this product because my friend highly recommended this to me. She says it has a really good coverage and hers lasts for a few years. I feel like this concealer does a great job covering the dark circles under eyes. It also does an okay job covering my blemishes, but it doesn't give me a Wow effect. I also feel like it is a little on the dry side. If you have dry skin, it is probably not a good product for you. I am a fan of Shiseido. My whole lines skincare and makeup products are mostly from Shiseido. I actually like my Shiseido Natural Finish Cream Concealer (in color 2 Light Medium) more, even though this concealer in color beige matches my skin better. About color selection, although beige looks a bit light to me at the beginning, it matches my skin perfectly when I apply it on my skin.

Some Tips: if you try to purchase this and you are in SF downtown area, don't go to cle de peau bloomingdale's counter. The SA ( an asian young lady) there had really bad service all the time. She didn't try to help me select the color or teach me how to use the product. When my friend asked her question, she didn't even answer. I actually got better service at the Nordstrom counter next door without purchasing anything.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2012 7:02:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

This is pretty good as far as concealers go but I'm still not sure it's worth $70. It camouflages undereye darkness pretty well (but mine aren't particularly dark), as well as the usual acne scars and pimples. It also covers my annoying dark spot on my right cheek pretty well, which is basically my measuring stick for whether a concealer is worth keeping. The packaging is hefty and luxurious feeling and it's pretty pigmented. For now I put that I'd buy again.

For reference, I use this in Ocher and it's a pinch too yellow for me at the moment but close enough. I wear NARS Alaska/Custard, MAC NC30, Shiseido O20, BE 1.2/2.0 Light.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2012 6:37:00 PM More reviews by lydial

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

please. this is a powerhouse. when you have baaaad undereye circles - like the kind where people ask you if you are sick - the cle de peau is utterly transformative. i have in both beige and ochre (for when i'm more tan or wearing darker foundation, often i mix the two) it's amaze. pretty opaque though. if i'm less dark circle-y i will mix it with an illuminating concealor - i actually really like the cheap-o revlon pen one. but the cle de peau stick undereye concealer is worth every penny and something every woman should have in her arsenal. lasts forevs. also, if you are fair-medium caucasian with that shadow/pigment on upper lip from bcp's, beige works wonders. has just enough pink to bounce brown-ish shadows.

i have dark circles under my eyes cuz i'm a stressed out person and then also i have deepset eyes so i get a shadow from my brow bone. ugh. this really helps though.

i apply on the inner corner and the inner half of the under eye orbital region - i do not extend it all the way out because it does emphasize crows feet - no more than any other product, but you know. all good. go for it if you are considering. i also like la mer concealor in medium, it's pinker. so i use it when i think that's gonna help things. but cle de peau is always in my kit. always.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2012 2:17:00 AM More reviews by MariaLee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Today I got a MAC Studio Sculpt in NC20 after reading lots of reviews. I already own a Cle de Peau Concealer in Beige, last week I got a Maybelline Mineral Concealer. Then I set to do some tests. Lately my chin has gotten lots of zits, some ugly purple and red scars, I got these zits because I was using Lancome Visionnary serum. I put some concealer, then powdered on with my Chanel Mat Lumiere compact pwder in Sabre. Cle de Peau was the only one that really hide the bruises and scars, but was heavy on my dark circles under eyes, This concealer works miraculously on the ugly pimples, people don't even know that I have something ugly underneath the concealer. Maybelline Mineral Concealer is liquid, runny but it gives a good result on the undereye circles, it is very light, but I don't have serious dark circles, my serious problem is scar, purple scars left by zits. I paid US$ 20 for MAC Studio Sculpt but it was not good for bruises/scar covering or undereye circles. I also have LM Secret Camouflage, it doesn't work well and it is too difficult to handle. I also have Revlon Age Defying (too orange and fake results), Make up Forever concealer that it is too dry, amplify the undereye lines and gives lots of zits, Lancome Effarcennes, no resut at all and gave me lots of zits. I never tried EL concealer but I use te Estee Lauder liquid foundation in Sand, Chanel compact powder Mat Lumiere in Sable, Nars bronzer and Revlon Highlighter powder to create a perfect skin. I use also the Perfectionist (Estee Lauder) as primer, works better tan Smashbox primer, MAC primer in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2012 5:38:00 AM More reviews by papilloncrazy

I tried this after hearing all the raves about it. I was quite skeptical about stick concealors cos some of them end up being so dry in texture. However, I was quite amazed when I tried it. It didn't leave a sticky feeling which I always had when I tried cream concealors. And it didn't oxidize even after 8 hours of wear trying it out walking out and about in the sun and sweat. I'm AMAZED. However, when I got home and examined the skin under the eyes up close, I noticed that it had settled just a little into my fine lines. But it wasn't noticeable unless you were standing and staring about 5 cm away from my face. The price... in Singapore... is crazy. I can't believe a concealor can cost more than $100. I can buy 3 Bobbi Brown concealors with this price. I WANT to buy it again but I can't justify it for my middle income lifestyle.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2012 8:25:00 PM More reviews by heathhansn

THE BEST. I've used a lot of different concealers - Lancome, Bobbi Brown, MAC you name it. Hands down this is the best of the bunch. I only use it under the eyes, and it is perfection. It lasts all day, does not sink into lines around the eyes. Expensive for sure, I think around $70, but it lasts forever (a year easy) and is just a super product for my 44 year old skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2012 12:22:00 AM More reviews by alissss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I ordered this from Nordstrom since they take anything back. I was skeptical about a $70 concealer and Kim Khardashian endorsements and such. But my under/inner eye blue-ness really is the one issue I have with my make up so I gave it a try. This worked brilliantly for me! It does the trick and does not look caked on. I do recommend moisturizing. Applies easily with brush or fingertips. Does not run or settle into fine lines. HG HG HG!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No