April 16, 2014 | 2020 users online

Blush - Bobbi Brown - apricot powder blush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2010 10:53:00 PM More reviews by sactonina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

What can I say? This is one of the most perfect shades ever, and the formula is fab. A true classic.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2010 1:18:00 AM More reviews by Missy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the most perfect blush ever for my skin tone (Warm, MAC NC15, BB Porcelain). It goes with everything and is very pigmented. It livens up my complexion and just makes me look healthy. It's not too pink and not too peach, just perfect!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2010 3:23:00 AM More reviews by clearady

This would be the first review I have on a product that I've never tried on myself. But definitely intend to.
I saw it on a lady, and it was the most beautiful color. Of course, being me, I had to ask her what it was.
Yes, this was it. Truly gorgeous shade. Hopefully, it will look as good on me as it did on her.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2010 2:30:00 AM More reviews by cheshire1986

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I'm a blush fanatic, and this is by far at the very top of the list for me. If I had to pick just one blush to keep, it would be this one. I'm around NC20, asian with skin that takes on different undertones in various lighting so sometimes a blush that looks flattering on me under one light will look frightening in another. It's a hard juggling act that has bred an attitude of cautiousness every time I find a blush that looks beautiful when swatched in store. BB Apricot is universally flattering in all lights, and what's even more fantastic is it's the MOST flattering of all of my blushes under EACH light too... no way to lose with this one!
As for texture consistency and powder quality, Apricot keeps company with other BB products in general: top-notch. The consistency of this blush reminds me of the fine-grained nature of Cargo blushes (esp. Tonga) except the latter is softer and feels *slightly* more fine-grained. BB Apricot and Cargo blushes are first and second on my list, so comparing them here might be helpful. If you think that too-fine-grained powder will accentuate your pores, then BB might be preferable to Cargo in terms of texture and consistency. My view is that a primer really ought to help with minimizing pore accentuation, and that you can't lose either way. Furthermore, BB Apricot has incredible staying power even with the requisite light hand, and this is unique among powder blushes--even Cargo. Use a stippling brush and dip this ever so slightly into the pan. Good luck!
p.s. I bought this at the CCO for $13... drove to Philly just for this! Soooo worth it!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2010 11:21:00 AM More reviews by cainca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm shocked at all the amazing reviews for this color. On me (PPP, cool-toned, blond w/ green eyes), the color is ghastly. I don't know how so many people like it? I am a huge BB fan and own most everything she has ever made and love it all. So I added this to my collection of Pale Pink, Peony, Slopes powder blushes and a couple of her cream blushes (also more blue-toned products - can't recall the names off-hand). I bought it 2 months ago and have used it a total of 3 times. The quality is awesome , like with all of her stuff, the color looks rancid on me though. My guess is that it is more suited to olive-toned women or people with differentycoloring than me. I plan to return it this weekend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2010 7:06:00 AM More reviews by misz93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

BB Apricot is one of my HG blushes. this is the brightest color of the bunch from BB,even Poppy,the red blush looks more muted than Apricot. this baby is a warm toned coral-ish hot pink. What i love about BB blushes are:

Pros: very pigmented,easy to blend,it's matte but makes you glowy.
easy to layer & it last ALL day.

Cons: well,i wish it's cheaper..=p

this makes me glow,a warm toned glow. i apply it with a light hand. i'm NC40. I think every medium & tan skin ladies should have this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2010 10:58:00 AM More reviews by Abbieness

I use this blush pretty regularly. i love the formulation and find it lasts longer on my skin through the day than MAC blushes do on me. the color works well on my fair ivory based skin, i have brown eyes and hair. it makes me look healthy and alive. must blend well and use a light hand because it can be pretty bright. but it is a wonderful color for a heathy flushed look, and i love the square sleek packaging. will definitely repurchase. i guess i'm a fan of bobbi's blush colors i'm discovering.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2010 2:20:00 PM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

When the salesgirl brought out this blush to try on me, I thought she'd lost her marbles. I am very fair, very warm skinned. This blush in the case is HOT PINK, and I thought I was going to look like a crazy retired hooker from Miami Beach.

However, when she put it on me, I couldn't believe how natural it looked. Sold!

It does take a while to learn to work with this color. Applied too heavily, you'll look like a circus escapee or rosacea victim. Applied with a light touch and good blending, this gives an incredibly natural flush to the cheeks. What's amazing is that it's EXACTLY the color I have naturally after, say, a good workout. It makes me look glowy, rosy and younger than my prior Bobbi Brown color, Blushed.

Note: I guess the new square BB cases look pretty chic, but I preferred the round screw-top ones they used to have. Totally secure and you knew they'd never break. This case feels flimsier to me.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2010 2:03:00 PM More reviews by Gemma_Louise

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My search for the perfect blush ended the day I discovered this. It's a bright, matte pink/peach shade, but I would say more pink. It really brightens the face and looks great no matter what colour I'm wearing on my eyes/lips. Lasts all day. I imagine this would suit all skin tones. No shimmer, so it looks really natural, even though it's very pigmented (just apply with a light hand and build it up gradually). Good value for money, I've had mine for well over a year and there's still loads left. Love it and hope they never discontinue it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2010 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Chopnsauce

The MUA reviews saying this is the grown-up verison of Nars' Orgasm are spot on. (thanks ladies!! :) As much as I loved the color of Orgasm (so universally flattering!), I dont love the shimmer, which makes my skin seems oiler than it is by midday. In my quest for non-shimmery blush/brozner, I first tried BB's blush/bronzer combo in Medium/Peony - while I lvoed the matte of Peony, it seemed just too pink. Following the advice of my fellow MUAers, went back to score some Apricot today - PERFECT! Its Orgasm's color without the shimmer. Love love love. HG!