August 21, 2014 | 987 users online

Lip Treatments - Christian Dior - lip maximizer

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2012 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Sirius

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Let me begin by stating that I am NOT a fan of gloss. My husband doesn't like it; I hate it when my hair gets stuck in it and it spreads beyond my lip line. I AM however a fan of FULL LIPS...which I do not naturally have. They're not terribly thin, but let's say I always play up my eyes and mute my lips rather than vice a versa.
I LOVE dior lip glow. It's a perfect BALM and color for me--consistently. However, I had a gift cert to sephora and I decided to try this.
I AM EXCTATIC that I did. I am a biochemist; I don't believe in hype: oh, lengthen your lashes without prosteglandins, oh puff up your lips without injections. BS, I SAY! until I TRIED THIS!
I'm five days into the "15 day" treatment period and my husband commented on my NON-GLOSSED lips this morning: "your lips look so supple and full. I wanna bite em." I don't think you can get more convincing than that considering he had no idea i was applying this at night.

I love the physical feeling of mint/vanilla; I love the look of the gloss alone or ESPECIALLY with my lip glow (think baby lips--for real, not the brand). Occasionally my hair will get caught, but that seems like such a small negative for so many positives! It doesn't run and my lip area is so much more defined and if I haven't said it already I'm only 5 days in!

DELIGHTED with the results and despite the MAJOR price tag( minus one lippie) I'm swapping this for my lip glow and will continue to purchase again. Thanks for reading! :D <----regular smiley with full lips ;)

UPDATE: 7/13/13 I am still in love with this product! Now 31 (and a smoker currently in a cessation program) I have started to notice fine lines around my upper lip. I agree with reviewers who don't see an immediate "plumping" effect with this gloss. I reiterate that the reason I love it as a treatment is the DEFINITION and hydration and to a lesser extent exfoliation it provides after continual use. I use it on clean lips at night before bed and wake to the softest, supplest, well defined lips. The lines are certainly diminished. While not equal to a plastic surgeons needle, still a fantastic beauty secret. I think a lot of younger reviewers aren't seeing drastic results merely because they don't have the complaints that women of (as one reviewer put it) "a certain age" have. Have and will continue to re-purchase.

11 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2012 6:51:00 PM More reviews by jessicalanelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this lip gloss. I am a lip plumper addict, and this is one of the best ones I have tried. It does not really burn like a lot of effective plumpers do (not that I mind the burning). It is shiny and light colored, but not sticky at all. I also think that the hyaluronic spheres in the gloss help to work with my lip injections, and prolong and enhance the results.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2012 2:09:00 AM More reviews by Ivyxoxo

This is the lipstick I will never go without. I first started to use this five years ago , and was completely shocked by its effects. It calms my lips down, smoothes my peels and hydrates for a loooooong time. No matter how choppy my lips are, it helps to soften them in 2 hours. I sometimes use it as lip masks too.

I tried to get back to some cheaper grocery brands or pharmacy brands, they never worked. I also tried fresh, jack black and some skin care brand lipsticks, but eventually came back to it and will stick with it. I can't imagine go without it. The only thing I hate is that it is very expensive, the only more expensive lip moisturizer outther is gonna be luxury brand like La Mer. And they keep rising the price year by year coz it receives dozens of beauty awards. Hope it can stop increasing price of it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2012 10:06:00 PM More reviews by AvantGarde92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

When I first tried this at Sephora, I completely fell in love. I thought that upon application it instantly made my lips come alive and made me look/feel pretty. However, I got one in Apricot color (limited edition, now not in stock). The original pink color was too sheer on my lips, it didn't give me any color. After I bought it, it just wasn't that great.

The lasting power is pretty dismal. Probably will last you an hour, unless you don't drink water or eat than maybe three hours. I like the texture of Dior lip glosses a lot better than those of other brands because the product doesn't seem to be just sitting on my lips uncomfortably. This one has a little bit stickier texture than other Dior glosses. The lip maximizer has a tingly effect on your lips, I didn't like it or hate it. I didn't really see any plumping effect but it didn't dry my lips either.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2012 4:15:00 PM More reviews by definesinister

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is only the second day I used it. There's not much color and this can last fairly well. It is intended to be an overnight treatment (expensive overnight treatment if u ask me lol). And this gloss does last most of the night... I applied around 1030 and woke up around 4am and it was still on. Though I did use some la mer lip balm underneath. This gloss alone makes my lips look frosty as heck, but I bought it to go along with color revival lip balm. The two work well together. I'm just afraid this gloss won't last much longer than the lip glow. Sigh. Oh well. I guess I finally converted to Dior. Plus you can get the Dior diva VIP gifts once you get enough points. Will I repurchase? Yes indeed. I don't think I have to keep looking high and low for the perfect mlbb look anymore.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2011 3:03:00 PM More reviews by LookingGood85

No i wouldnt buy this again, only because I cant see myself needing another one :) I love this, it serves me as just a slightly plumpin lipgloss though. Its not overly plumping, I think you need to use it more than once in a while to see any real plumping!
But as always with Dior glosses, love them :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2011 8:30:00 PM More reviews by mi2092

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

A luxury to have. Very expensive though :( It does an above average job on plumping lips. Smells minty and slightly tingling. Adds a nice shine to your lips and it moisturizes well. I use it on top of lip stick or under lip gloss with color. Helps the color stay longer. I introduced this lip maximizer to friends and family and they all love it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2011 4:09:00 PM More reviews by hippihanna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I only give this product a 2 because it doesn't do what it's meant to do - plump lips!
As a gloss it's just okay, not too slippery, not too sticky and too shiny.. But, the other glosses from Dior do better to use as a lip gloss! So I won't be repurchasing this as a plumper nor a gloss because I've tried better products for both.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2011 10:50:00 PM More reviews by Marg_Raven

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just had a makeup application at the Dior counter (the best ever) and am currently buying up everything they used over time due to the cost. This product was one I had to have immediately. I had stopped using lip plumpers completely because they caused strange things to happen. This is just wonderful, slightly plumping, lightweight and beautiful. I don't want anything dramatic, this is perfect for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2011 9:11:00 AM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

This is a lovely product but it's not worth the price since it doesn't really plump your lips. Mine are already quite full and I don't notice any change after applying this. I do love the smooth texture though. It has a really nice minty vanilla scent and it gives you a cooling feeling with a bit of tingle. The gloss appears colourless on your lips. The packaging is just gorgeous but the applicator could be better (it is an ordinary sponge). It doesn't last that long on your lips, perhaps two hours and the cooling effect is gone even before that. It doesn't get used up fast since the container is pretty big. I would repurchase this if I didn't know e.l.f. made a similar product that gives you the same ''effect'' (the plumping lip glaze) for 1/30 of the price of this maximizer.