November 27, 2014 | 1008 users online

Lip Treatments - Christian Dior - lip maximizer

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 12:00:00 PM More reviews by PRINCESSLAURENP

I love love love it. It smells amazing and leaves this awesome minty tingly feeling on your lips (which means you know it's working) It's not as sticky as compared to some lip glosses I have tried even though this may be a lip plumper. It's absolutely brilliant.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2013 10:29:00 PM More reviews by redcometdust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried so many different lip plumpers, and this one is by far the best. It's a bit on the sticky side, but not too bad. It's long-wearing without that gross feeling some long-wearing lip products can get after a while. It doesn't tingle intensely like some lip plumpers (I'm looking at you, Soap&Glory*). I had a tube and used it obsessively each day and it still lasted me over two months! I was very impressed with how much is actually in the tube.

*I totally love Soap&Glory.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2013 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Spider90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Black

So, my mother gave me this product today and I just thought it was a lip gloss. I put it on, and realised it felt fairly minty. Then I noticed my lips tingling and swelling and thought I was allergic to it - I got a bit freaked out! Until I read the label and realised it was a maximizer.
My lips are not very thin, but using this projected them outwards in every which way - the inside of my lip closer to my teeth was plumper, pushed the bottoms down, corners were larger and I especially noticed my top lip was much larger. It looks like my lips were swollen, but in a natural way. It works fantastic, i'll probably even repurchase it. The gleam it gives lips is especially pretty, the packaging is beautiful and classic and it's not sticky at all. Thumbs up from me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by kateST

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have tried MANY plumpers. My absolute favorite was Lip Fusion XL. Now that Sephora does not carry it anymore, and it's hard to find otherwise, Dior has cought my attention. It got my FULL attention once I read that the forumla of this Lip Maximizer contains marine particles - the ingridient in Fusion XL that has plumped and hydrated my lips like nothing ever before.

How does it feel:
Other plumpers such as Too Faced plump by irritating your lips, thus the burning sensation and red ring around your mouth. This however has no burn and irritants in it.

Plumping and formula:
The formula contains marine particles. when these come in contact with water/moisture in your cells, they swell up, plumping the area and retaining moisture. It also contains collagen which improves ellasticity, and helps to smooth out lines and wrinkles <-- these are two most important ingridients. They do make my lips much smoother and just slightly plumper. I wear this to bed, as well as during the day. During the day I apply it once to twice.

I am a lip balm/chapstick addict. Recently I was sick, and my lips became parches and exteremly dry. No amount of chapstick cured it. this product however did the trick almost instantly.

Lasting power:
After about 3 days of wearing it to bed, and applying it randomly once a day, I noticed that my lips feel moisturized throughout the entire day. Before this product I applied lipbalm probably once an hour throughout the day. I am constantly talking at my job, and I always felt my lips being tight and dry. With this product I don't get that feeling at all, and I do not need to keep my lips constantly saturated in the product either. It actually works after it wears off. I do notice my lips looking smoother and more defined on their own after 5 days of using it. The product on the lips, once applied, does not last that long at all. But the benefits of it do.

Look & feel:
This is not a colored lipgloss. It has a tint in the tube, but it's practically clear on the lips. I have it in 01, the only choice of color I've seen at stores. There is very slight golden pink shimmer in the tube if you look closely, but it only gives a tiny bit of pearly sheen on the lips. The formula is thick enough to stay on your lips, and it is just a bit sticky. You will leave an imprint on your coffee mug. It has a wonderfully pleasant vanilla-mint scent, and no significant taste.

Packing:
Signature Dior Addict packing. I haven't had a problem with it oozing out yet. The regular Dior Addict glosses come in a very similar container, however they are .15oz. Lip maximizer is actually .20oz and retails currently for $31 (same price as regular Dior gloss).

Just a little hint: Wear it at night, after exfoliating your lips. It will help the forumla sink into your lip, keeping them moisturized from within during the day.
Marine particles work when they come into contact with water. If you don't already drink enough during your day, Have a couple of extra glasses. The more water in your skin, the better these particles work.

Overall, I am pleased. I still wish I could get Fusion XL, but this is actually a very good product. I recommend trying.

x0x0

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 11:31:00 PM More reviews by FrauleinM

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the way this feels on the lips - it's a little bit of menthol and vanilla - so it warms and cools which makes you want to pucker your lips and make them look plump! wa la!

it's makes you want to find a lover to kiss.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 4:47:00 PM More reviews by VeryAroma

Oh, how much I love the Dior Lip Maximizer!
I haven't noticed a plumping effect, but I don't care. The scent is heavenly - I love the vanilla-minty smell, sweet and fresh. The gloss has a very fine pinky-red shimmer. It's not over the top glitter, I promise. It's very subtle. The look is not overly wet but just glossy, which I prefer.

The best thing is the feel an the lips though. It lasts quite a while but it's not too icky-sticky. It feels very very nice on the lips and it really moisturizes them. I am so excited to have found a lip product other than balm that doesn't dry my lips out!!

I took off a lippie because it's ridiculously expensive. Nevertheless, I probably will repuchase. I might even look into other Dior lip products...

edit: Re-added the lippie because I use it all the time and love it so much! It deserves all 5 lippies. Go and buy it, it's truly lovely.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2012 12:59:00 AM More reviews by FoxyLocks

I am on my third tube of this now so I believe I have a pretty good idea of how it works, pro's and con's etc.
Let me start off by saying that I believe my lips are a good size for my face, though if they were that little bit more plump, it would enhance my other features even more! I am opposed to cosmetic surgery so have been on the hunt for a non-invasive alternative for quite some time and this is the BEST product I have come across so far!

I have used a few lip plumpers before this one, those being Rimmel's, Too Faced's Lip Injection and Chantecaille's Brilliant Gloss (shade: Love).

Dior's version of a lip plumper is most definitely high class, the packaging is very fashionable and looks expensive (which is what you want, when you are paying $48AUD a pop you want to be showing it off!).
I did not feel the tingling sensation nearly as much as I did with Too Faced or Rimmel, though I must say there was close to no sensation with Chantecaille's Brilliant Gloss (to me the plumping effect of this gloss was minimal, though it is still a FANTASTIC 5 Star product for different reasons).
The scent is of the Lip Maximiser is Divine!
As mentioned in the booklet, you can instantly see the results. I have tried the 15 day treatment plan and have found that my lips are very noticeably more defined, and plump.

Overall this is my go-to treatment product for morning and during the day. The fact that you can use it over, under lipstick/lipgloss makes it that much more user-friendly.
At night I do like to use a different product that moisturizes my lips a bit more. I feel the Lip Maximiser sinks in a little too quickly; and don't get me wrong though, it is still definitely moisturizing! I just enjoy heavy balm-like products during the night. Sisley's 'Nutritive Lip Balm' is an amazing lip treatment that does everything except the plumping and is thicker in texture.
NOTE: For the purposes of the review I ceased using all other lip products for the 15 days to give a more accurate review. I did find when using both my night time lip treatment and the Lip Maximiser, that the results were better.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2012 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Sirius

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Let me begin by stating that I am NOT a fan of gloss. My husband doesn't like it; I hate it when my hair gets stuck in it and it spreads beyond my lip line. I AM however a fan of FULL LIPS...which I do not naturally have. They're not terribly thin, but let's say I always play up my eyes and mute my lips rather than vice a versa.
I LOVE dior lip glow. It's a perfect BALM and color for me--consistently. However, I had a gift cert to sephora and I decided to try this.
I AM EXCTATIC that I did. I am a biochemist; I don't believe in hype: oh, lengthen your lashes without prosteglandins, oh puff up your lips without injections. BS, I SAY! until I TRIED THIS!
I'm five days into the "15 day" treatment period and my husband commented on my NON-GLOSSED lips this morning: "your lips look so supple and full. I wanna bite em." I don't think you can get more convincing than that considering he had no idea i was applying this at night.

I love the physical feeling of mint/vanilla; I love the look of the gloss alone or ESPECIALLY with my lip glow (think baby lips--for real, not the brand). Occasionally my hair will get caught, but that seems like such a small negative for so many positives! It doesn't run and my lip area is so much more defined and if I haven't said it already I'm only 5 days in!

DELIGHTED with the results and despite the MAJOR price tag( minus one lippie) I'm swapping this for my lip glow and will continue to purchase again. Thanks for reading! :D <----regular smiley with full lips ;)

UPDATE: 7/13/13 I am still in love with this product! Now 31 (and a smoker currently in a cessation program) I have started to notice fine lines around my upper lip. I agree with reviewers who don't see an immediate "plumping" effect with this gloss. I reiterate that the reason I love it as a treatment is the DEFINITION and hydration and to a lesser extent exfoliation it provides after continual use. I use it on clean lips at night before bed and wake to the softest, supplest, well defined lips. The lines are certainly diminished. While not equal to a plastic surgeons needle, still a fantastic beauty secret. I think a lot of younger reviewers aren't seeing drastic results merely because they don't have the complaints that women of (as one reviewer put it) "a certain age" have. Have and will continue to re-purchase.

11 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2012 6:51:00 PM More reviews by jessicalanelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this lip gloss. I am a lip plumper addict, and this is one of the best ones I have tried. It does not really burn like a lot of effective plumpers do (not that I mind the burning). It is shiny and light colored, but not sticky at all. I also think that the hyaluronic spheres in the gloss help to work with my lip injections, and prolong and enhance the results.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2012 2:09:00 AM More reviews by Ivyxoxo

This is the lipstick I will never go without. I first started to use this five years ago , and was completely shocked by its effects. It calms my lips down, smoothes my peels and hydrates for a loooooong time. No matter how choppy my lips are, it helps to soften them in 2 hours. I sometimes use it as lip masks too.

I tried to get back to some cheaper grocery brands or pharmacy brands, they never worked. I also tried fresh, jack black and some skin care brand lipsticks, but eventually came back to it and will stick with it. I can't imagine go without it. The only thing I hate is that it is very expensive, the only more expensive lip moisturizer outther is gonna be luxury brand like La Mer. And they keep rising the price year by year coz it receives dozens of beauty awards. Hope it can stop increasing price of it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No