September 18, 2014 | 925 users online

Eye Primer - Bare Escentuals - bareVitamins Prime Time Eyelid Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2010 12:51:00 AM More reviews by Kimness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Great product. My eyeshadow does not budge.

The pen style is a little tricky as others have pointed out. The first time I used it I thought it was broken because I kept twisting and nothing was happening, then all of a sudden a whole lot came out.

I find it is best to twist, dob onto eyes and then rub in with my fingers. It will be interesting to see how long it lasts.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2010 12:08:00 PM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is pretty awesome. As soon as you've put it on, you can feel that shadow is going NOWHERE on your lids. The click-pen is kinda tough to deal with because the formula is pretty thick and can get a little backed up - so you keep clicking and all of a sudden it comes rushing out!

I think the color would melt nicely into just about anyone's skin tone, and would look great with any shadow color. I wish it was a little more yellow-toned to really brighten up my lids, but that's my personal preference.

The price isn't too steep - about on par with most middle-high end cosmetic lines ($16). If you're in the market for a new lid primer - I recommend this on, whether or not you use BE, or any loose/mineral shadows.

EDIT: my only complaint about this the packaging. I think their point was to have this come through the pin hole, and just be able to apply straight to the eye from the applicator tip. However, the applicator tip isn't very nice for the eye - it is like a stiff foam (if that makes sense). I wish these came in a squeeze tube like the new UDPP professional size.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2010 9:38:00 PM More reviews by stability17

I like this primer. It stay wells. Competes with TF's shadow insurance, although I would use that one on a day to day basis.
This eye primer is very gold toned, and looks beautiful alone or when paired with another gold-toned eyeshadow on top. So that I do like.
It does have good staying power as a primer too, but since it's not colorless, I would chooose TFSI as my main primer for doing different colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2010 7:40:00 PM More reviews by moncj66

Great product. Personally i thought this was wayy better than urban decay. Urban decay fades on me and looks cakey. This still loved good after 14 hours and barely any fading. It did fade a little but around the 12 hr mark. Ill take it..lol

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2010 12:09:00 PM More reviews by deedeetaylor8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

First off, let me say that it takes a good five minutes of clicking the bottom to get product to come out, so be patient. Two clicks per lid is about what you need.
For my deep-set eyes, this did not do anything. It is definitely comparable to UDPP, in terms of the consistency and colour, and it works about the same as well. For the vast majority, this should work fine, but I'm still looking for something that will work. :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2010 2:16:00 AM More reviews by Dori319

I really like this eye primer, much better than the MAC eye primer I used to use before switching to this. The price is a little expensive but I get compliments on my eye makeup all the time, even after it's been on for 10+ hours and it still looks almost the same as when I applied it.. so I feel like the price still makes this product worth it. My eyeshadow never, ever creases, doesn't melt or slide off even in the most hot and humid weather that SoCal often gets in the summer time. I use just a little bit on each eye, from the lash line all the way up to my eyebrows every day and so far this has lasted me a full 3 months.. not sure how much longer it will last as the tube is opaque white and it's impossible to see how much product is left but when I run out I will update again. Even for lasting 3 months with wear everyday, I feel the $16 (I think?) I spent on this product was well worth it cause it works amazingly so I plan on repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2010 8:14:00 AM More reviews by sommerbe

This is the best eyelid primer I've ever used. It makes my eyeshadow last all day with no creasing at all and it never dries out my lids.
The only con I have is the horrible clicky pen it's in. It is slow and hard to get out at times and other times I open the top of my pen and a bunch of it has oozed out since my last use. Despite the horrible packaging, the product itself works so well that I will continue to use it. Many days I just use UDPP because I don't feel like dealing with the clicky pen.....if BE ever puts this into better packaging I would quit cheating on it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2010 11:04:00 AM More reviews by alvin1962

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best eyelid primer I have ever used. I have extremely oily skin and it makes my eyeshadow crease very quickly. I tried numerous other brands and this is by far the best. I wish it came in a larger version. The tube it comes in is fine, but I don't ever put directly on my eye, so a squeeze tube would be great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2010 10:15:00 PM More reviews by victoriasinger

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

amazing, my HG primer. wish it came in a larger size, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2010 8:31:00 AM More reviews by chiriyuku

While I don't have monolids - my lids are small, so the eyeliner in the inner eyelid always transfers onto my eyelid crease. Very messy & yucky looking. Also, the eyeliner would transfer onto my bottom lashline and panda. Usually, to prevent this, I would wear false lashes as it acts as a barrier between eyeliner and my bottom lashline.

Prime time is fantastic! I still have my makeup on (it's been 14 hours) and while it doesn't look freshly applied, there's minimal transfer onto my bottom lashline and there is a tiny bit of transfer onto my creaseline (it's actually quite unnoticable). And this is on my bad day - my skin is acting up due to lack of sleep - oily skin and dry eyes (so lots of blinking). A couple of days ago, after 8 hours of wear, my eyeliner still did look freshly applied.

Now for cons...

1. the applicator does leak, which is quite annoying coz that part dries up a little and is harder to apply than normal. But I read another review and warmed up the primer with my fingers before applying it and it was a little bit easier to apply.

2. drag... it's a bit harder to apply eyeliner on top of the primer coz my skin isn't as soft. But I don't think this is a big deal at all.

3. Can look a little cakey if you apply too much. I don't think this is a con really... you just have to know how to apply it properly.

Love it, will defintely be repurchasing. (btw. i bought this on strawberrynet.com for $18AUD