September 19, 2014 | 1179 users online

Lotions/ Creams - LUSH - Charity Pot

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2012 11:07:00 PM More reviews by jmoulton87

I have very dry, sensitive skin and I find this lotion to be very hydrating and non-irritating. A little bit goes a long way. I love the smell. I also love the fact that my money is going to a good cause. The packaging could be a bit more practical (i.e. tube form) as I always tend to get the lid greasy when I am putting it back on. Though it's more expensive than a drugstore lotion, I have purchased this lotion over and over because it works so well. I would argue that it works better than other Lush lotions such as Creme Anglaise and Dream Cream.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2012 3:25:00 AM More reviews by LookingGood85

I got the medium sized tub for 6 yesterday, as I thought if I'm gonna buy a lotion, I might as well get one where all the money goes to charity! Anyhow, I wasn't overly impressed with the smell, but today after using it, I love it! It smells clean and inoffensive!
It IS very runny, I got s bit of a shock when I first opened it this morning lol, but I know know to be careful when I use it!
Is is one of one lotions where a little goes a long way, I dabbed my index and middle finger in the pot, and shared is amount between both my arms, with satisfactory moisturisation!

I love this and will repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2012 4:09:00 PM More reviews by rebeldiamonds88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I purchased a tiny sample pot of this for 1 while purchasing a couple of other Lush products that I use regularly because I figured that its small size would make it useful as a hand cream to keep at work.

I threw it out after 1 day.

There is nothing redeeming about this product. I have never come across a product so runny, every time I opened the pot this stuff would end up everywhere, including my clothes and desk. Then there's the smell! This was the primary reason for me throwing this product out. I can't begin to describe the vile smell further than the fact that it gave me a headache.

Worst 1 I've spent.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2012 3:53:00 PM More reviews by roshan11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absaloutly love the smell of this product and i dont understand why people dont like it, i think it smells like turkish delight :D
I also like it because it has just the right consistency, its light and not too heavy. It also moisterises my skin so well without making me sticky!
I think the price is really axpensive but all proceeds go to charity so...yay :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2012 6:49:00 AM More reviews by pigeonette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

After reading the negative reviews obsessing over the smell I had to share my experiences with charity pot..I could not make up my mind about it for a long time but now it's decided: I love it! I got this as part of a gift set, would have never bought it by myself considering the price, the amount you get and well, the smell.
Normally I prefer body butters and avoid runny lotions, but charity pot has a really nice texture, lightweight and whipped. It absorbs very quickly and leaves absolutely no grease whatsoever..I used it last week in 30C + weather and did not experience any stickiness, impressive! About the performance: I use it on my legs that tend to be extremely dry and flakey, even in the summer. I also have horrible red bumps and dots, not only right after epilation but it's like my default skin mode..eww. Charity pot however calms my skin beautifully, evens out my skin tone while provides just the right amount of moisture. Of course it does not heal my skin completely but it's the best solution I have found to far. I am very impressed, especially considering that all profits go for charities, something that would suggest that this product is made out of cheap materials. Don't be put off by that! I don't really use it anywhere else as it's primarily a soothing product for my horrible legs, but I guess it would perform nice as a cooling lotion after sunburn for example.
Finally, about the smell: it's definitely strange to say the least, and I see why some find it really offensive. It's a cocoa-floral smell but I don't find it too overpowering or long-lasting. Now that I got used to it I find it really soothing and relaxing, I love putting it before going to bed as it helps me falling asleep...As someone said earlier it's definitely not a date-scent, but somehow I automatically put it on right before a date, whoops! But I didn't mind at all, especially considering the effects. If you can live with the smell, then definitely go for this product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by ReggieJackson

I bought this to support the charity. At first, I didn't like the smell from the sample at the store. I just put it on tonight after a shower and am pleasantly surprised! It feels amazing and I love the smell. So happy I bought it and gave it another chance!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2011 12:11:00 PM More reviews by jarona

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

To some, the scent may not be the greatest. Personally, I don't mind it. The scent starts off lwith a cocoa butter scent when you open the pot, then turns floral after application. It's a clean and girly scent but fades pretty fast. Now that the scent is out of the way, I have to start raving about this body lotion. It isn't easy for me to find a body lotion or cream that I really do like. Usually they are too liquidy or too heavy. Charity Pot has just the right consistency. Not a liquid but it is a nice creamy consistency. It isn't one of those dense creams either--it's nice and "whipped". It dissappates well too without leaving that greasy film on your skin. Absorbs is actually the better word to use. Moisterizes beautifully. I'll tell you, this really is great stuff. I'm so lucky that "Santa" left it in my stocking or I would have never have tried this. It'll be a keeper during these cold winter months--ugh..this severe weather is horrible on my skin, but I'm now confident I'll have baby-butt soft skin with this Charity Pot. Another plus is that all proceeds from this go to charity--AND when the empty pot is returned, Lush will give me a free face mask. How could you not love that????
If you have dry skin, please do yourself a favor and at least try this. Even if you are not a fan of the scent of cocoa butter--it won't last. Really. It won't--but your skin will thank you! I thank you for reading this review!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2011 9:36:00 PM More reviews by curlywurly100

i personally adore this. when i read some of the negative reviews on here, i genuinely wondered if there was another Charity Pot that i didn't know about!
the minute me and my friend smelt this we both said 'Turkish Delight!' it smells EXACTLY like the chocolate-covered turkish delight, the one that comes in a purple wrapper. (it's called fry's turkish delight). for those of you who aren't familiar with that; this basically smells like chocolate, with a hint of something else - spicy, sugary fruitiness. just, YUM!
it applies nicely, and really performs when it comes to softening my skin and preserving the scent on my skin also.
this to me, is very cosy and indulgent. and it makes me very happy!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2011 3:37:00 PM More reviews by candace4125

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product smells terrible. THis is not something you want to put on before a date because it will repell your man. This product is about $25 for 8 ounces and I honestly feel like the body shop, and jergens lotions moisturize better than this one did.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2011 5:51:00 AM More reviews by lushjunkie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Okay I HATED this product because of ....

-the inconvenient packaging
-the disgusting scent (so strong and gross !Smells like lavender really strongly with something disgusting blended in......!)

other than that it's and okay moistuizer and I think it's great that lush does this charity thing,but this bodylotion itself is just horrible!