MAC Matte2 - Handwritten

4.7

on 6/16/2011 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

This is the only brown that shows up on my eyelids. Being dark, brown is often a hard color to use, but this brown works. I like the matte finish and it stays on a long time, which is good for my somewhat oily eyelids. I'll definitely buy it again.

on 6/15/2011 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I've been searching for a new brown to do my daytime two toned look and came across this one, it has a lovely velvet feel to it, blends and apply's easily, and looks great teamed with mac's 'all that glitter's' eye shadow.

on 6/5/2011 2:48:00 PM

This is a very pretty colour. I would repurchase, but don't think i will need to since i have just recently bought this and i use it very sparingly.
It is a lovely dark brown colour, and i LOVE the texture.
I use this as eyeliner, i line my upper and lower lashlines with it + a 209 brush- perfect! I love the way it looks! would for sure recommend to anyone looking for a dark brown with a hint of plum. it also blends nicely which i really enjoy. would not work as an allover color with my nc/nw15 skin (nc concealer, nw foundation) but deff would look nice in the crease.

on 5/10/2011 3:36:00 PM

best crease color for my nc40/42 skin color :) hands down a fave!~

on 5/10/2011 5:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I love you matte2! The pigmentation and texture is amazing, it feels like velvet. This is a great shade for really dark smokey eyes, lovely worn with cranberry or purple shades because of the slight purple tinge, but it's awesome on its own too.

on 4/20/2011 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

::sigh:: MAC, please create more matte2 shadows! this color is a beautiful deep chocolate brown with AMAZING pigmentation and buttery-smooth texture, making it really easy to work with. blending is so easy with this formula! i love all matte2 shadows.

on 3/29/2011 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Very pretty outer V color that works with a LOT of different colors. I can't quite pull this off on the crease since I'm pretty pale but I def. think this is a must have for everyone.

on 3/11/2011 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Very pigmented - you really only have to tap your brush on it to get enough color most of the time. You can build it up in the outer crease/corner for a more dramatic neutral look or it works lovely in the crease with a light neutral lid color.

on 3/10/2011 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Great color. Love the texture and pigmentation. Whenever I take a MAC quad with me, Handwritten is in there. Just a wonderful all purpose color!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the BEST matte neutral midtone brown for the crease. I wear it with brule on the lid and it is such a pretty look! Great texture and pigmentation. I'm NW20 and at first glance it seemed like handwritten would be too warm, but it actually works out great.

Top Rated MAC Products