October 25, 2014 | 1523 users online

Cleansers - Nivea - Refreshing Gel Cleanser

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2009 6:50:00 PM More reviews by shanty

I have been using this for quite a while now. I really like using this cleanser because its gentle but still does a great job. I agree with other posts that its not the very best at clearing heaving make up, but it definately washes away dirt and impurities from a normal day well. Its simple and it works. Great price too.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2009 9:50:00 AM More reviews by niuniu

I liked that this cleanser was Soap Free. I would have liked it more if it was in a more liquid form rather than gel since it doesn't foam at all. I am always more comfortable with foam since that's the way to get the cleanest face.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2009 9:54:00 PM More reviews by ac67

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It was refreshing, and left my face feeling clean~

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2008 8:05:00 AM More reviews by doe_eyed_kitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a nice surprise... This feels like silk and my skin dosent feel dry even after i cleanse my eye area with it. Cheap too!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2008 3:15:00 PM More reviews by Nell405

It's a shame that people are bringing down the rating on this because it doesn't foam. If you want foam, buy a foaming cleanser. This isn't one. I find that it's great for in the morning when I really just need a light cleanser, but I wouldn't recommend it for use at night since it doesn't really remove makeup. It makes my skin feel clean without drying it out, and has a sort of cooling effect which helps wake me up a little in the morning. You don't really get a lot for what you pay in my opinion, but you really don't need a lot of it. Will definitley repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2008 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Bhree

This doesn't foam or contain soap, but it does not take off 100% of makeup or clean out my pores. It takes off surface oil but that's about all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2008 10:53:00 PM More reviews by ktu64

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this, i didn't really find anything wrong with it, except i'm not a big fan of tubes. I prefer pumps. The smell is just fine with me. Okay, so it doesn't foam, but its also soap-free. I find that it cleans out my skin just fine, and still leaving it soft and moist. Since i started using this around 3 weeks ago, my acne has really been more under control. Will buy this again if I can find it the next time i need to go shopping for cleanser, last time i looked I didn't see this :(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2008 9:23:00 AM More reviews by byourself

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Well, to start with, I don't have any problem with my skin. It is clear, normal, no pimples, no acne scars, so I sometimes find it hard to review skincare products. My criteria are as follow: the product must do what it claims to do, and must keep my skin looking good. Nivea refreshing gel cleanser "effectively yet gently eliminate dirt, excess oil and make-up". After my skin is clean, it looks fresh and feels very soft. This gel is easy to use. I use it in my shower and with a cloth and I didn't find the smell too overpowering. Bottom line: a cheap and effective solution for removing make-up (as long as you don't look like a drag queen and no waterproof makeup) and impurities.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2008 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Scarlettina

They have updated the packaging on this recently and so looks much nicer than before. It's a blue gel that comes out of a large squeezy tube. The smell is fresh but a tad on the medicinal side. It is designed for people with normal/combination skin and is really pretty cheap. You splash your face with water then lather a small amount of gel (about the size of a penny) between your palms then massage onto your face. Rinse with lukewarm water. This really was one of the best cleansers I have used. I often get ADD with cleansers and other skincare products but I stayed with this one for ages, which proves how much I liked it! It's gentle and doesn't dry out my skin, but bear in mind that it is not designed for people with dry skin. I never use cleansers to get rid of makeup anymore, (a good tip for people with acne prone skin who wear makeup) so I can't comment on that. But once I have taken my makeup of it does a great job of cleansing gently.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2007 10:06:00 AM More reviews by alice_alice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A nice, basic cleanser. It doesn't lather AT ALL so I end up using a lot of the product in order to "cover" my whole face. Smells pretty. All in all It's still a gentle, non drying cleanser so I might repurchase at some point in the future but probably wont.