July 28, 2014 | 1262 users online

Cleansers - Nivea - Refreshing Gel Cleanser

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2009 9:50:00 AM More reviews by niuniu

I liked that this cleanser was Soap Free. I would have liked it more if it was in a more liquid form rather than gel since it doesn't foam at all. I am always more comfortable with foam since that's the way to get the cleanest face.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2009 9:54:00 PM More reviews by ac67

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It was refreshing, and left my face feeling clean~

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2008 8:05:00 AM More reviews by doe_eyed_kitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a nice surprise... This feels like silk and my skin dosent feel dry even after i cleanse my eye area with it. Cheap too!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2008 3:15:00 PM More reviews by Nell405

It's a shame that people are bringing down the rating on this because it doesn't foam. If you want foam, buy a foaming cleanser. This isn't one. I find that it's great for in the morning when I really just need a light cleanser, but I wouldn't recommend it for use at night since it doesn't really remove makeup. It makes my skin feel clean without drying it out, and has a sort of cooling effect which helps wake me up a little in the morning. You don't really get a lot for what you pay in my opinion, but you really don't need a lot of it. Will definitley repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2008 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Bhree

This doesn't foam or contain soap, but it does not take off 100% of makeup or clean out my pores. It takes off surface oil but that's about all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2008 10:53:00 PM More reviews by ktu64

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this, i didn't really find anything wrong with it, except i'm not a big fan of tubes. I prefer pumps. The smell is just fine with me. Okay, so it doesn't foam, but its also soap-free. I find that it cleans out my skin just fine, and still leaving it soft and moist. Since i started using this around 3 weeks ago, my acne has really been more under control. Will buy this again if I can find it the next time i need to go shopping for cleanser, last time i looked I didn't see this :(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2008 9:23:00 AM More reviews by byourself

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Well, to start with, I don't have any problem with my skin. It is clear, normal, no pimples, no acne scars, so I sometimes find it hard to review skincare products. My criteria are as follow: the product must do what it claims to do, and must keep my skin looking good. Nivea refreshing gel cleanser "effectively yet gently eliminate dirt, excess oil and make-up". After my skin is clean, it looks fresh and feels very soft. This gel is easy to use. I use it in my shower and with a cloth and I didn't find the smell too overpowering. Bottom line: a cheap and effective solution for removing make-up (as long as you don't look like a drag queen and no waterproof makeup) and impurities.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2008 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Scarlettina

They have updated the packaging on this recently and so looks much nicer than before. It's a blue gel that comes out of a large squeezy tube. The smell is fresh but a tad on the medicinal side. It is designed for people with normal/combination skin and is really pretty cheap. You splash your face with water then lather a small amount of gel (about the size of a penny) between your palms then massage onto your face. Rinse with lukewarm water. This really was one of the best cleansers I have used. I often get ADD with cleansers and other skincare products but I stayed with this one for ages, which proves how much I liked it! It's gentle and doesn't dry out my skin, but bear in mind that it is not designed for people with dry skin. I never use cleansers to get rid of makeup anymore, (a good tip for people with acne prone skin who wear makeup) so I can't comment on that. But once I have taken my makeup of it does a great job of cleansing gently.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2007 10:06:00 AM More reviews by alice_alice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A nice, basic cleanser. It doesn't lather AT ALL so I end up using a lot of the product in order to "cover" my whole face. Smells pretty. All in all It's still a gentle, non drying cleanser so I might repurchase at some point in the future but probably wont.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2007 3:34:00 PM More reviews by freudian_slip

I have been on a quest to find cheaper alternatives for skin care, I have been using high end stuff since middle school. Now years later I have decided to start experimenting with drugstore cleansers. I bought the Neutrogena fresh foaming and I didn't like using it in the morning, so I decided to buy another one. This one caught my eye in the store, I love how it is a pretty blue gel! My skin is sensitive combo acne prone with dry cheeks and an oily tzone. This works beautifully on my skin, it doesnt dry me out, no break outs. Also it does what it claims to do, leaves skin smooth and radiant. If you are expecting lather or foam it does not deliver but regardless it does a good job.