April 18, 2014 | 1847 users online

Mascara - Max Factor - 2000 Calorie Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by realitydust

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It's a good mascara, but nothing special. The one impressive thing about it is how it seems to accentuate the curl in my lashes, and holds the curl pretty well. It is volumizing but borderline clumpy (more so lashes sticking together), and adds minimal length. I will definitely be using it until its finished, but don't see myself repurchasing. There are cheaper mascaras that are far more impressive in terms of length + volume!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by StacieLowisx

I was looking for a high volume black mascara. i am not a fan of the highly advertised mascaras with plastic applying brushes so I was looking for a high volume black mascara with a natural brush. I adore Maxfactor products so I diverted myself towards to the Maxfactor section of the beauty store. The Maxfactor representative was totally unhelpful! She was tattooed up and only interested in flogging to me the priciest of their products! Even when I told her I wanted mascara, she still tried to sell me some high priced lipstick! So I did what I always did when the representative was frustrating me, leave and come back a lunch time and pray that they would be on her brake. Fortunately, a more feminine representative was there. She immediately recommended to me the 2000 Calorie Waterproof Volume Mascara. I was impressed as it fitted my criteria. I am so glad that this representative had turned up or else I would have never used this amazing product! I call it the fate of beauty! The mascara does not dry out my lashes like some products I've used in the passed and gives me excellent volume. It is also extremely waterproof! I remember I forgot to take my makeup off for swimming once and I was expecting to look like Dracula as I left the pool but was pleasantly surprised to find no trace of smudging or black circles! I was super impressed. The lashes don't look to fake and I think it has actually lengthened my lashes naturally over time. I would recommend this product to anyone, especially fussy makeup buyers like myself. My mascara is in the colour Rich Black. It describes the colour perfectly, richly jet black. So I'm gonna say...
BUY THIS!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2013 1:34:00 AM More reviews by jumbojuice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It goes on nicely, makes my lashes look good, washes off easily, it's a great mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2013 8:13:00 AM More reviews by misscoutureland

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have naturally long lashes to begin with so what i really like about this formula is the finish. I hate mascaras the dry really hard and make your lashes feel stiff and crunchy. This is great and at extending the lashes but keeping them 'soft' feeling at the same time. Also i have quite small eyes and find it difficult using really big mascaras brushes, but this seems to fit the shape of my eye perfectly.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2013 7:36:00 AM More reviews by JePet

I know this is a mascara which is preferred by many but it just didn't work for me. I have short and thick eyelashes and it makes them look thicker but not longer at all. It is also very difficult to preserve the curl with this mascara. The worst however is that it keeps smudging underneath my eyes constantly and within an hour or so I end up without any mascara in the corners of my lower eyelid.

Packaging is not ideal either - there is a lot of excess mascara as I pull out the brush and I have to clean it before applying any.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2013 10:22:00 AM More reviews by pink_cosmos

I'd rank this the best drugstore mascara I've used. It lengthens and thickens without clumping or drooping. It's also really great value when it goes on sale. I've repurchased a number of times. I'm a fan of Max Factor mascaras in general (I also liked Masterpiece and False Lash Effect) but when I tried this, I preferred it to the others - I think it gives more volume and makes your lashes look blacker.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2013 9:10:00 PM More reviews by shutterbug07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great value for money, this mascara applies well, leaving you with fantastic clump-free volume. It comes with a curved wand brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 1:36:00 PM More reviews by Emily1994

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is easily the best mascara I've ever used.
This mascara delivers an even, non-clumpy layer of rich black to every one of my lashes.
There are a few bristles on the end that form a kind of point, which work great on corner lashes. The formula makes my lashes so long. If I look upwards they reach my eyebrows. Sometimes I think my eyelashes look too long with this and end up removing the last 3mm or so of my lashes.
It definitely adds a lot of volume, more than the waterproof version which I was pleased with anyway. And you can do multiple coats, although at after two coats I do like to comb my lashes out with with my dried out Avon super-extend mascara wand, but it's not exactly necessary.
It dries at a nice speed, enough time to apply a second coat when it's still tacky but quick enough to avoid accidentally messing it up.
The lashes feel slightly crunchy after applying this, but more silky and flexible than other crunchy mascaras, which is what I prefer anyway, I hate rubbery feeling lashes as they feel dirty and smudge; this mascara is smudge-resistant. If I gave my eyes a good rub I'm sure I'd have a bit of the dreaded panda eyes, but it withstands the odd accidental rub.
This mascara is easy to remove and relatively waterproof. I read a review on here saying about it running of in the slightest bit of rain but I've had no such issues and this stuff stays on in the shower as long as I don't rub it. Note that it does become wet on your lashes however.
All in all, I'm impressed. I think this is even better than the masterpiece, and I will definitely buy it again. It's cheap too, only £6.99 in superdrug and cheaper on ebay. I got mine for £4.10.

EDIT- I can't decide which version of this I prefer. I literally won't stray from 2000 calorie now, it really is failsafe and I know I'd regret buying a different mascara. But when it comes to repurchase time I'm always stuck between this and the waterproof version. This version produces more voluminous lashes, but has a bigger, harder to manoeuvre brush which deposits a lot of product to my eyelid. It also doesn't stay put as well as the waterproof version. Don't get me wrong, it'll outlast most other mascaras and doesn't flake. But I have noticed that when I smudge eyeliner into my lower lash line, the mascara crumbles off and I have to re-apply.
The waterproof version doesn't budge at all, but is mainly a lengthening mascara. I guess it's a case of priorities, but you can't go wrong with either of these babies =)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2013 1:47:00 AM More reviews by Georgia8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is great for everyday. It adds length and makes my eyelashes look great. However it comes off really easily and I have to reapply every few hours. But still a great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Lifeasanicecube

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It's impossible to find this where I live and that makes me weep with sorrow! I adore this mascara, and I originally discovered it by stealing it from my sister. It's thick in a non-clumpy way and almost dry, to the point where it makes your eyes look smoulder-y. It's a sexy look for lashes! There's a lot in there too! It wears all day for me, and it does smudge a bit, but strangely doesn't give me raccoon eyes, but more of a purposeful-looking smudge under my eyes. I have a picture, but it doesn't do it justice. It makes my green eyes look so sexy.