Max Factor 2000 Calorie Mascara

on 2/24/2014 4:03:00 PM

I LOVE this mascara. I've repurchased this about 3 times now and over my MAC and Dior Show mascaras, this is by far my favorite. My lashes are naturally long and curled but sometimes mascara can flatten them. This keeps them curled and lifted for the whole day.
The price is amazing in the UK at 7.99 as well. Have recommended this already to all of my friends and the majority have bought it and it looks absolutely amazing.

Note: Be careful when applying as it can transfer easily onto upper lids.

on 2/20/2014 5:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is one of the 3 mascaras that doesn't give me spider lashes. I have long lashes and every time I purchase another "awesome" mascara - they all give me those curled ends that I then have to adjust with some tweezers. Horrific. This one, L'Oreal - Voluminous mascara and Maybelline Volume Express (the original navy one) are the only three mascaras that don't curl my ends.

The only negative thing I could say about it is that it can become dry too quickly.

on 2/14/2014 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is my HG mascara!
I always keep one in my makeup bag and 2 more, in case I run out!
I have skinny, medium length lashes that are very straight, no curl whatsoever. I use my Shu Uemura curler and then this mascara (the curling one) and my lashes look dramatically different! Longer (not anything too much, but still noticeable), much more thicker and the curl actually stays much longer. It can get a bit clumpy when it starts to dry out, but nothing a lash comb can't fix.
For my lashes, this works better than Dior, Giorgio Armani, YSL and other high end mascaras I've tried. I go out and spend money when a new one comes out, and before the tube gets half empty, I go back to this..

on 2/12/2014 9:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This mascara I've heard so much about, so excited when I found it at the duty free in London. But I'm so sad, it really didn't do anything for me :/ it doesn't look like I have anything on :/ and when I try to build it up it clumps crazily and I get spider lashes

on 2/12/2014 2:52:00 AM

Love this mascara. Doesn't clump and separates lashes with lots of volume. I've tried other mascaras and they aren't a patch on this.

on 2/8/2014 1:58:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I bought this mascara because of the good reviews here on MUA, but after using it for a couple of weeks I really HATE it. I've really tried to work with this one since almost everyone loves it, but I don't feel this stuff at all....... First of all, it does nothing for my lashes. It makes them blacker, that's it. No volume, no length, doesn't dry fast (as Max Factor claims it does), "disappears" after a couple of hours and so on, so on.. The reason why I've used it is because I've combined it with other mascaras, which makes it work a little bit better. Will not buy this mascara again, really disappointed since I usually like Max Factor - both their foundations and mascaras. Big turn off! :P

on 1/29/2014 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

In my experience Max Factor mascaras are the best... no smudging, flaking or running. Even the normal non-waterproof versions are pracyically waterproof!

I had previously been using the clump defy (dark pink tube with curved brush) and while i was happy with the results i needed wanted some more volume. So i read the reviews here on MUA and i bought a tube of the 2000 calorie in black. It is amazing. Def my HG mascara!

Even though the brush is not curved you get long, voluminous, separated lashes. You do get some lift but i think i got a little more lift with the clump defy curved brush. But the slightly less curve had still not stopped me from making this my favourite. Lashes do not clump and the brush does not get overloaded with product. It is easy to pop one coat on each set of lashes for a nice daytime look that does not budge, smugdge or flake. I used 2 coats on Saturday night and i looked like i had false lashes on!

Don't waste your money on expensive mascaras - i have tried Chanel, Dior, MAC, Benefit, YSL in the past and this is the best and cost me £5. No brainer :-) Very happy and will continue to repurchase x

on 1/7/2014 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This used to be my HG mascara for years until they stopped selling it in the U. S. It gives loooong lashes with so much volume and I have yet to find a dupe since. Good price and dependable.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I remember this mascara like it was yesterday ... I was a teen and I've always had extremely long lashes so this mascara not only provided extreme volume with ZERO clumps, but it also complimented my lash length and made it appear as though I had false lashes. The color was also so dark and intense it was lovely! They looked so gorgeous!!! Sadly this brand was discontinued in the U.S. and I haven't been able to get my hands on it since then. :-( it was the best mascara I have ever used! I wish I could have it again with that same formula I once had. It's a wonderful mascara!!!!

on 12/15/2013 1:25:00 AM

i see why this mascara is so high rated! this is an AMAZING mascara. i have used lancome, elizabeth arden, estee lauder, dior and clinique and this one is definitely the best one!
-no clumps/flakes
-good length (i have medium long lashes with no volume)
-excellent job with volume!! i think this is what makes the mascara so good.
-holds a curl
-stays on well and easy to rinse off
-super good, super cheap!
the packaging is nothing flash but the product is so so good and thats all that matters right.
definitely would recommend!!!!