August 20, 2014 | 1210 users online

Mascara - Max Factor - 2000 Calorie Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by SoniaStrawberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Great price for a great mascara.I don't like vet formulas but this one isn't too bad.
I have nice lashes so this mascara works for me quite good.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2013 11:42:00 AM More reviews by fridanordlund

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this drugstore mascara in the original, black formula. I must say, this is a really good drugstore mascara!

- Packaging

The packaging overall isn't that great. It's a black, normal-shaped tube. As simple as that. It's a bit boring. But what does it matter when the rest is great?

- Formula

The formula is absolutely perfect! It's not too wet, and not too dry. It doesn't flake, and the mascara stays on all day. For me, it smudges a bit on my lower lashes, but it's bearly noticeable. It has a very dark lack look which darkens your lashes perfectly. The only thing not to love is the smell, but who has ever heard of a mascara that smells good?

- Wand

The wand is medium sized. The bristles are placed very close to each other and they're all the same lenght. This helps you cover every single lash with mascara. The brush is tapered, which makes it easy to get into the corners of your eyes without smudging mascara all over your face. Overall it's a very ordinary brush that is great for that classic look.

-What it does

This mascara does a bit of everything, actually! It darkens the lashes quite well, separates almost at all times, gives both lenght and volume! It doesn't give dramatic lenght or volume, just enough, which gives a very classic look that doesn't look to overdone. It's great for day-wear! I would recommend curling your lashes first though, if you want the best results.

-Price
The price is incredibly low, and really good valued! In Sweden, it's about 12-13 US dollars. But I know it's even cheaper in the US, and who isn't ready to pay that little money for a wonderful classic mascara? It's really worth the money.

-Overall

This mascara receives a 3/5 from me. The packaging lowered the score from 4/5, becasue it was way too simple. But boring packaging isn't a reason not to buy a mascara! So run out to the stores and buy this if you need another day-wear mascara!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2013 4:14:00 AM More reviews by JaneWhit99

This is my old stand by mascara.

I love that it thickens, darkens, and doesn't smudge on me. Gives me dramatic lashes.
Not sure how well it works for lengthening (I have long lashes anyway, but they're not thick--this is perfect for that), and I find the finish to be matte rather than glossy, if that matters to you.

I experiment from time to time when there are sales, but I always go back to this.
They also make an Auburn shade which is absolutely beautiful

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 4:27:00 PM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is great for super dramtaic thick/long black beautiful eyelashes... I don't use this anymore because my eyelashes are already so long that when I wear this mascara it's just too much, but if you have short/thin barely there eyelashes I'd rec this one.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The packaging is a little outdated, but the product is great! This mascara really does thicken lashes significantly! It has a nice brush with dense bristles that grab just the right amount of mascara--I really enjoy the curved brush because it fits my lashes perfectly. I never experience clumping and it is non-irrating to contact lens wearers. The price is cheap and it is definitely one of the better mascaras out there, I just wish they'd update the packaging!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 8:54:00 PM More reviews by anastasianiaou18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

endless volume.adds lenght.buildable.trully black.
great!reminds me a lot of clinique's "high impact".

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2013 12:39:00 PM More reviews by ashleym04

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Was expecting more - I had to order my 2000 Calorie from the UK on eBay and waited 2 weeks to receive. Used this mascara back in the 90's and wanted to see what all the hype was about since I didn't remember it being all that wonderful. I tested the 2000 Calorie against my CG Super Thick Lash which is supposed to be the exact same and the only difference I can see is that the CG keeps my lashes softer. Otherwise, I see no difference in the appearance. The CG is half the cost and I can get it locally. The 2000 is a good mascara but I expected more. I have long lashes anyways and my biggest issue with mascara is flaking. The CG seems to flake so slightly but otherwise these two seem identical.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 11:29:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of the better mascaras, and I've had quite a lot! If you want natural looking eyelashes I'd choose this one, it makes my eyelashes really long and thick without clumping or looking too black. It also lasts for absolutely ages! Can't recommend it highly enough

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2013 11:05:00 AM More reviews by abbiejeynes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This mascara is one of my favourites! it may take a few coats for the over all effect to be shown but with its super fast drying time its not a problem at all! ive gone through so many mascaras and finally found one that actually volumizes, lengthens and curls without any clumping or smudging! IT ALSO HOLDS A CURL BEAUTIFULLY AND LASTS ALL DAY so much better than max factors false lash effect, you must try this out you'll. love it

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2013 4:49:00 PM More reviews by gunc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I just purchased it and it's already my HG mascara.
It does not give a dramatic false-lash effect. But I only wear one coat and I don't actually want a dramatic effect.
In one coat, it gives a full black colour, a little volume, lenghtens a little. It brings out your lashes but still looks pretty natural. It does not clump. It does not stick lashes together.

Overall, it's great and affordable.