July 30, 2014 | 1873 users online

Liquid - Paula's Choice - All Bases Covered Foundation SPF 25

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2008 1:46:00 PM More reviews by sallygal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

such an amazing foundation. I have fair/medium skin color and wheat is a perfect color for me. I top it with Laura Mercier's loose powder and my skin almost looks airbrushed.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2008 4:11:00 PM More reviews by ClickHerePlz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This really works well for me. It doesn't give super duper coverage, but it's enough for me and I don't have that great of skin. When you first put it on it doesn't blend all that well (b/c of the sunscreen, I think) but then it just melts in your skin. I follow it up with Laura Mercier's mineral m/u and my skin looks great. The color choices are minimal but very neutral. I think you would have a hard time finding the right color if you were more than a medium skintone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2008 2:26:00 AM More reviews by dbp1515

I love this product and I was surprised to read all the variations people have had using it. I have fair to medium skin (NC30) and have been using Wheat during the winter. I have normal skin that tends toward the dry side and it is fairly clear. I normally don't use foundation on my entire face, but I swipe a stripe down my nose, around my nostrils and lips and on my forehead. Blended out it makes my skin look luminous and even! It's really incredible the difference it makes! The coverage is on the lighter end of medium; even though when it first comes out it feels thicker, once it is blended out it will be a sheerer wash of cover. It is definitely a foundation though: I use it to even my skin tone and now as a concealer under my eyes. I admit, the undereye circles aren't too bad, but they are noticable without this product. The finish is satiny and glow-y -definitely not for anyone prone to oiliness. The shades all seem beautiful and truly neutral (it's almost impossible for me to use any drug store foundations because they are all so pink!) although my only complaint is that they are fairly light. As it gets sunnier I am not sure that the darkest shade (Fawn) will be dark enough. The SPF is nice, but I feel like it makes the foundation tinge to white a little bit (likely more noticeable in flash photography), which is probably why she has stayed away from creating darker shades. Although it's only available on her website, the price isn't too bad (less than $15) and if you can catch a break with a shipping promotion or discount, it's even better. Also, I've had success with almost all of her products -especially the BHA lotion and liquid when I had "trouble" skin. I have tried her tinted moisturizer and it is definitely what it is: sheer, but it also has a good selection of (light) colors if a TM is what you are looking for. Hope this helps :)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2008 12:50:00 PM More reviews by jelkel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have to agree with others on the representation of colors for the foundation. I am fair, freckled and over 50, yet both of my choices were WAY too light. The first "Sand", one step up from the lightest color looks like what I thought my coloring is but was ghastly looking. The next color up,"Wheat" and one color away from the darkest offered , made me look almost as sickly as the first.
The sample policy is great, the quick attention to orders and returns is also great.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2008 11:12:00 AM More reviews by donna01010

This foundation has the potential to be great because of the physical sunscreen and the great color choices but Paula left a great deal to be desired in the "coverage" area! I did not get any coverage from this! This is not medium coverage. I am not even sure it is sheer coverage, perhaps it is actually a tinted moisturizer in reality. I was impressed with the color. I used nude and found it to be very natural looking although it did not cover any flaws. I will not repurchase. I even tried applying twice as much as normal to get more coverage and I wound up with a big messy, smeary face. This is just not going to cover anything.Packaging is good and price was good too. The high percent of titanium dioxide was great but it's not enough to make me buy this again. Unless you have perfect skin, dont try this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2008 8:58:00 AM More reviews by SassQuatch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow! This foundation is awesome--good coverage, excellent moisturization, very natural-looking. At first I didn't like this foundation, because I had gotten the 2nd lightest color (with most foundations that is right for me). It was too light and I looked a bit vampire-ish. In fact, someone asked me if I was ill! Then I tried the color Sand, and what a difference that made! It says that Sand if for light-to-medium or medium skin tones. Well, I am pretty pale and it's winter here, so there is no way I'm a medium skin tone. But I digress. If you have dry skin like me, this may work for you. Just get a couple different sample colors and remember that this foundation runs pale.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2008 8:38:00 PM More reviews by boopboopbedoop

I said that I would buy this product again, but I'm not sure. I might find something I like better. My HG foundation still eludes me (but maybe I'm asking too much?)...

PROS: feels very nice on the skin, very natural coverage, doesn't sink into fine lines or make dry patches more obvious, SPF 15.

CONS: slight sunscreen sheen, not much color range, goes on very thick and white due to the titanium oxide, poor staying power.

I haven't tried it with powder yet (I stay away from powder mostly, due to my extremely dry skin) and that would probably help it stay better. I will say that this is the most natural-looking foundation I have ever tried. I doubt I will ever find my HG, which would include the qualities of considerable moisturization, natural but flawless coverage, and excellent staying power. For now this will do, but the quest continues...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2007 8:00:00 PM More reviews by goofyhusky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Coverage is light even with layering, and I think I'm allergic to it too. But it's not bad because it does provide a bit more coverage than other Paula's Choice foundations yet still disappear into your skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/18/2007 6:38:00 AM More reviews by bamabreeze

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What struck me the most about this foundation is how heavy it is while providing so little coverage. It's thick and almost stifling on, yet I never needed to use so much concealor. The colors are good, but the packaging leaves a lot to be desired. Also, I think for what she charges for shipping, Paula's products take far too long to arrive. I suspect she's making up for her competitive pricing and her return policy by padding her shipping and handling charges.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2007 8:09:00 PM More reviews by soozeq68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love love love this foundation. I have very dry skin and want medium to full coverage. This product is buildable so use as much or as little as you want. Get samples on her website to try first. I got wheat and sand and have gone with wheat all over and a little sand color under the eyes. My fine limes have disappeared with Paula's products!