Cover Girl Lash Blast

3.7

Waterproof: Petroleum Distillates, Polyethylene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Copernicia Cerifera Wax (Carnauba), Trihydroxystearin, Propylene Carbonate, Pentaerythrityl Hydrogenated Rosinate, Tall Oil Glycerides, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines, Talc. Non-Waterproof: Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Triethanolamine, Acrylates Copolymer, Synthetic Wax, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Lecithin, Propylene Carbonate, Polyethylene, Oleic Acid, Alcohol Denat., Benzyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Trisodium EDTA, Simethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines.

on 12/20/2014 4:14:00 AM

This is my HG mascara. I always get Blackest Black. It doesn't flake or melt into raccoon eyes for me and that it a big deal since every other mascara I have ever tried ends up on my cheeks by the end of the day. I have actually slept with it on (I know, a big no-no) and was still flake and smear free the next morning. Since I have oily skin and eyelids, every other brand I have purchased must be in the waterproof kind, but I can get by with just the regular kind with this one. I constantly get asked if I am wearing false lashes and complimented on my pretty lashes by people. I have repurchased this a hundred times it seems. The only cons I have: it does have a funky chemical type odor to it, so those that are sensitive to scents may want to steer clear, it can be difficult to remove and I do not like the waterproof formula. It was too dry and didn't seem to give my lashes the oomph that the regular formula does.

on 12/19/2014 8:49:00 PM

Ehhh, I don't get the hype, it's ok. My HG drugstore mascara's are from Maybelline or L'oreal. This one doesn't really do anything other than tint your lashes to make them look darker in my experience. I don't get it. Not even good enough for a daytime/work mascara

on 12/17/2014 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I don't normally wear mascara

I have tried sooooo many mascaras (mainly high end ones - Lancome, Dior, Chanel, Too Faced, etc) and this one is among my top 3 (the other 2 being Chanel and Diorshow, respectively). I got tired of splurging on an item that I barely ever use and went to the drug store to see what I could find. I bought this one and have been very happy with it.

Pros
- One of the major pros of this mascara (that, in my opinion, all Lancome mascaras lack) is the ability to not transfer on your undereye area. It stays put - on your eyelashes.
- Inexpensive
- I find the bright orange packaging cute
- Big wand that I like

Cons
- Has a weird (not so much weird as just "there") smell and different texture that I did not find with the higher end mascaras I recommend (Chanel and Dior).

Verdict: buy it if you're looking to not spend lots of money on a decent mascara

on 12/8/2014 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HG mascara. I have never had it flake on me, smear, clump, or irritate my super sensitive eyes. I love the brush because I can really get in between the lashes to get them separated and coated. I can't tell you how many tubes of this I have purchased, and will continue to purchase. It gives you nice thick full lashes that don't get clumpy and you can put a ton of product on without looking like you're wearing a gross amount of mascara. I've been asked a ton of times if I had lash extensions while wearing it. It also is great for layering with other mascaras if you like that. I've used it with the lengthening L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes and they're a great combo, as well as with the Jordana Best Lash Extreme. 10/10 will buy as long as they make it.

I've used crazy-expensive and lovely mascaras all of my life, but have had to budget here and there and this was one of my budgeting attempts. Definitely one of the better ones though.

Problem 1 - FLAKES. Flakey flakey flakey will start producing little flakes in at least four hours. But hey, it doesn't smear too, too badly for a drugstore mascara.

Problem 2 - THE TUBE. Have fun trying to open that silly shaped and textured tube with lotion on your hands, or if you have nerve/joint problems. Really, it will be such a joyous experience.

Problem 3 - Not as intense as I like mascaras to be

The Good - A nice, definite black colour. I've never had clumps, but I think that's more of a technique thing. It does lengthen and thicken and separate, just not as much as I'd like it to. If it gets wet but you don't touch it it will stay on and not do anything weird. There's no weird smell and it doesn't irritate my eyes. It dries quickly, almost too quickly to do multiple coats.

It's one of the better mascaras I've bought from the drugstore, without a doubt. I'm not in love with it, but if I need to buy a cheaper mascara again, I'll likely buy this one.

on 11/12/2014 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really love this mascara! It is a great every day mascara that holds your lashes up while giving you full, black lashes. It does not make your lashes look spikey or like tiny twigs. The full brush makes it easy to reach all of your tiny lash hairs and I noticed it does not smear or budge. I have extreme hooded eyes but it does not transfer onto my lid. Great mascara!

on 11/12/2014 8:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this recently because I had heard so many good things and figured I would try something new. My usual day to day mascara is Maybeline Full n Soft Waterproof or Clinique High Impact Waterproof. While I like how this formula went on and the big chunky packaging was kind of fun at first utimately I was dissapointed. I would get flaking mid-day which made my eyes look like my dark circles came out to say hello and secondly, I seem to be allergic to this formula. The whole time I used this mascara (1 week) my eyes were itchy and horrible. Most of the itching was right along my lash line but it even made wearing my contacts unbearable. After a week I switched backed to my Clinique and I haven't had eye issues since, so needless to say this one is going in the trash. If you have sensitive skin and/or wear contacts, be careful with this one.

on 10/29/2014 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is SO good!!!!!
I tried the waterproof one, it does not smudge and it holds my curl all day long!
Love it!
the alternative of it will be the Rocket by Maybelline

on 10/15/2014 11:11:00 PM

This is like a classic mascara, every person who uses makeup has used this! I think it works pretty okay, just better mascaras have come out and it is being left behind. This mascara is great for people just starting out with makeup because it's cheap and works alright.

on 10/9/2014 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My impressions: My favorite drugstore mascara that I've ever used. I constantly get asked if I'm wearing fake lashes, and then they are surprised to find out I used a drugstore mascara. This wears very well, it doesn't run or rub off. My lashes look amazing. The brush makes it easier to apply. I haven't had one day where I've blinked from having the brush on my eyelashes (causing raccoon eye as a result). I would buy this again.

Video Reviews & Tutorials