December 19, 2014 | 1466 users online

Concealers - Dior - Hydrating Concealer [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2007 3:15:00 AM More reviews by wiggleit76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I absolutely hate this product, although it goes on nicely, it's far too greasy even for my dry eye area, and it sits attractively in my fine lines making me look 10 years older.

You need a LOT of product if you have dark circles like me and the 'light reflecting' nonsense actually highlights the under-eye area.

Colour options aren't great, so you tend to look like you've got a giant stripe under your eye.

Please don't waste your money unless you only need very light coverage, have no lines, sahara skin and like the reverse panda look!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2007 9:07:00 AM More reviews by Magdalena

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is probably the repackaged version of my favourite Anticerne Perfecteur Long-lasting Hydrating Concealer (I still have the stripey blue-navy tube), but I hope it's the same thing, because I'll be buying it soon again since it's the only concealer that I trust 100%. It makes such a difference, leaving my face instantly brighter and looking fresh. The texture is amazing, too. It's very creamy, yet never creases or settles into fine lines. And it is long-lasting indeed: all through the day on my face, and the squeeze tube lasts for years and years.

EDIT: After searching for it for months, I finally found a shop that had the #410. I still love it, although I was surprised to notice that the shade is lighter now. (Click "continued" for swatches.) The old one, being more peachy, neutralised my dark blue undereye circles a bit better. The formula seems the same: non-drying, concentrated, lightweight and blendable. Maybe it will darken with time?

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2007 9:06:00 AM More reviews by Magdalena

This blue-and-navy 15 ml tube has lasted me for almost 5 years. I did buy different concealers in the meantime, only to return to this one when they didn't work. I'm pale, and I have the '410 light beige' shade, which is beautifully moisturising and undetectable on my skin, even though it looks slightly darker when you first squeeze the cream concealer out. This is probably because it's so concentrated -- one little dot covers a lot, yet looks invisible on my skin. I've been using it on my undereye circles, around my nose, and on any areas that needed more coverage. It looks completely natural, and it's the best, most reliable concealer I've ever used. I will buy it again soon, and I hope the formula in their new non-stripey Anticerne Perfecteur tube is exactly the same.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2007 3:48:00 AM More reviews by Hilarie86

To call this moisturizing is a real joke, it`s not. It made the skin beneath my eyes chapped, dry and soar. Typical Dior products (im not a dior fan).. It has good coverage, but it doesn`t really matter when it totally destroys my skin. A big NO from me!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2007 1:52:00 AM More reviews by VicStar

I'm in my mid 20s and was looking for a concealer that covered my dark eye circles and most importantly did not crease into a few lines i have. This by far is the one that comes close to what i'm looking for. I tried Revlon's botafirm concealer - however after you leave it for a while, it creases really badly and even if you try and reapply - it would crease even further.

Whereas dior's concealer - it says to put on foundation first and the concealer is to go over the top - which i found it stayed on much longer but does eventually crease - HOWEVER it does allow you to reapply which takes away the creasing - which i quite liked. It also has a very slight soft powdery finish when it dries - maybe for the staying power. It's coverage i'd say is medium but could be light/heavy since the tube is easy for squirting on to your fingers/makeup tools.

I would definately repurchase again as it was $22AUD from strawberrynet compared with the highend deparment store of $45AUD.

I also has to say that it has a fairly distinct smell - and the only way i can describe it - it smells like foundation that was made back from the 80s when it was fairly thick - thought i might share that with you if you're concerned by fragrance.

I would say this is the closest to my HG concealer however i'll still have a try of something else since this does eventually crease.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2007 2:45:00 PM More reviews by JoniGirl

I had such high hopes for this product. I was looking for a cheaper concealer than my beloved Cle de Peau. This concealer is okay. I'll use up the tube and then by another CdP. This isn't heavy enough for my undereye area and that's why I buy concealer. Also, it isn't particularly moisturizing. I use an eye cream before makeup, so that isn't a big deal for me. I will not purchase this product again. The CdP was much more expensive, but it lasted more than a year and it was the perfect texture, color, and cover.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2007 12:11:00 PM More reviews by VvvLoryvvV

Just like the last review, I am not a big fan of Dior and this is the only thing I have from Dior actually. Thanks to the great reviews from MUA, I decided to give this a try.

The Packaging is very simple, convenient and nice, although the tube looks small but it lasts forever. I personally prefer liquid over creamy concealers just because it doesn't look so cakey and heavy after a couple of hours of wearing.

I am asian in my mid 20s, with dark circles (from lack of sleep and smoking probably) and this provides me with just the right coverage. If you're looking for a concealer to cover up scars or redness, I wouldn't recommend it because of its medium coverage. It is indeed VERY hydrating, which i love. I have combo/sensitive/oily skin, so, if this works for me, it's gotta work for everyone! The price is not too bad, especially when one small tube can last for at least half a yr (I use this everyday)!

I have fair/yellow toned skin (duh, I am Chinese), and I am using shade 430 (I believe its the darkest they offer but I can be wrong). I will definitely repurchase again! =)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2007 4:12:00 AM More reviews by sassiko

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought this concealer because of the great reviews on this site, however, I was bitterly disappointed. This is definately not long-lasting and although heavily pigmented and great when first applied, there is hardly any coverage (I have extremely dark circles). I also find that if I reapply after a while it does cake (as the asisstant told me it would).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2006 5:01:00 AM More reviews by beckibear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the only Dior product that I own that has not disappointed me. I only got it two days ago and already I think it is brilliant. The quality is really good; it disguises dark circles and other blemishes better than anything I have tried, the texture is really creamy and does not crumble and flake. I was going to buy some more Becca concealer which I really love, but it is so hard to get hold of in England that I went for this instead. I will probably continue to buy this as it really does hydrate the eye area, and the area around my eyes is really prone to dryness. Highly, highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2006 3:36:00 PM More reviews by amy_aimee2000

Best concealer EVER.

This wonderful concealer provides great coverage, and is super creamy and easy to blend. You only need the tiniest little drop so it lasts forever! I use it under my eyes and as an eyeshadow base. I did not know I could feel so strongly about something as mundane as a concealer but I am a walking commercial for it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No