Urban Decay Deluxe Shadow Box

4.7

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 2/4/2012 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

While this palette has some good quality shadows, I don't think the overall product is stellar. I absolutely adore Scratch, it's one of my favourite UD shadows. It's so wearable, either on its own or paired with almost anything you can think of. Underground and Shag are nice depper brown crease shades. The purples, Ransom and Fishnet are very pretty. All the other shadows are of good quality and well pigmented, but I don't think they form a cohesive unit. In other words, I would never grab this palette for travel - you just can't do a full eye look with it, considering it lacks a highlight colour, and most of the shades aren't really complimentary with each other. I don't even use Underground or Shag with Scratch - I tend to reach for Toasted or YDK to pair with Scratch. I also hate the packaging, it's tacky and larger than it needs to be for the size and number of shadow pans.

on 1/11/2012 12:06:00 PM

I saw this palette on sale and I am a sucker for BRIGHT colors so I thought I would give it a try. It is SUCH a let down. The colors are easy to blend but just dont stay as true to color as I would like. The pink color (Fishnet) has probably the least pigmentation when put on and I have to layer it up to make it work even with a primer. The purple ( Ransom) is nice but flakes a lil and causes some decent fallout. Honey just looks awful and sickly on my pale skin and not really golden more just yellow. I love the black (Zero) and that is my favorite of the group ..works nicely as an eyeliner. Graffiti (Green) and Peace (aqua blue) I find I only use when I am creating a rainbow look on my eyes with some crazy colors.

The 3 neutral colors Shag (light bronzy tan), Scratch (pinkish), Underground (gray brown) work well when you just need to get out the door and dont want to leave without makeup on. Unfortunately I find that they dont work well together which is a HUGE let down for me. They just have different enough color highlights that they look odd together if you try to use them as a dark tone, medium lid color and highlight.

All I can say is if I had paid full price for this I would have taken it back PRONTO but I held onto it because I got it 50% off mostly for the black and the mirror and mini primer potion (that lasted all of a couple weeks)

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I love this so much. I've used this palette for over a year, and I love how it's versatile... I wear the tamer colors on a regular basis, and the colorful ones during the weekend.

I cannot wear "out-there" shades at work, but I love this palette for my weekends. The colors are highly pigmented and velvety, and they last all day with the help of UD's shadow primer.

Great shadow palette. I love the colors in it and the fact that you can do both dramatic looks and natural looks with these colors or a mix of both. Not to mention that the quality of them are amazing. They are seriously beautiful shadows and the best I've ever used.

on 6/2/2011 3:42:00 PM

I have had this palatte now for about 6 years and the eyeshadow is still in wonderful condition. I love the packaging, the sparkle metal on the outside is what drew me to it. Not to mention the price isn't bad, considering when the deluxe eyeshadows cost on their own.

on 6/2/2011 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

My review almost seems pointless because this product is already getting rave reviews but I have to say, I love these eye shadows. To start with, the box is easy to get open, yet stays firmly shut because the lid and bottom are magnetically attracted to each other. The actual shadows are smooth and buttery and are amazingly pigmented. It's also hard to break them. I'v dropped this more than a few times and none of the shadows have broken. Well worth your money.

on 4/20/2011 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this palette. Every color is beautiful and buttery smooth. I'm glad there aren't any glitter shadows as those have terrible fallout and I stay away from them.

The 2 things I would change are:

(1) the 2 little sponge brushes that are included inside the paltte are cheap and useless. It would be great if UD just made that slot in the palette big enough to hold the travel-sized potion primer instead! That would be so convenient!!!

(2) the package design of this palette seems out of place with the typical UD aesthetic. I'm a graphic designer so I have huge appreciation for UD's unique designs. But I don't love the outside of the palette, and I don't like the inside at all, it seems too plain and BLAH for the typical awesomeness that is UD package design.

Despite these things, I still love the palette's color selection but I wouldn't purchase again since UD is always coming up with new, awesomely packaged products with beautiful eyeshadows.

on 4/5/2011 5:18:00 PM

I love love this palette!! It is one of my favorite palettes. The colors are beautiful, pigmented, and creamy.

on 4/4/2011 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is my second UD palette and all I have to say is WOW! These deluxe shadows are a dream! So velvety, so soft, so smooth! The standouts IMO are Honey, Fishnet and Peace. Honey is number one because its gold but not a tacky gold, its so flattering and lovely swept across the eyelid, I feel so chic when I'm wearing it. The only shadow I haven't really used is Graffiti, not that its a bad color, I just haven't worn it in entirety. I LOVE this palette too much. All the colors are winners for me, which is a hard find in an eye palette.

Popular Palettes