July 25, 2014 | 983 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - Deluxe Shadow Box

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2011 11:43:00 AM More reviews by Catalyzt2012

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My review almost seems pointless because this product is already getting rave reviews but I have to say, I love these eye shadows. To start with, the box is easy to get open, yet stays firmly shut because the lid and bottom are magnetically attracted to each other. The actual shadows are smooth and buttery and are amazingly pigmented. It's also hard to break them. I'v dropped this more than a few times and none of the shadows have broken. Well worth your money.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2011 3:08:00 PM More reviews by Marcela213

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this palette. Every color is beautiful and buttery smooth. I'm glad there aren't any glitter shadows as those have terrible fallout and I stay away from them.

The 2 things I would change are:

(1) the 2 little sponge brushes that are included inside the paltte are cheap and useless. It would be great if UD just made that slot in the palette big enough to hold the travel-sized potion primer instead! That would be so convenient!!!

(2) the package design of this palette seems out of place with the typical UD aesthetic. I'm a graphic designer so I have huge appreciation for UD's unique designs. But I don't love the outside of the palette, and I don't like the inside at all, it seems too plain and BLAH for the typical awesomeness that is UD package design.

Despite these things, I still love the palette's color selection but I wouldn't purchase again since UD is always coming up with new, awesomely packaged products with beautiful eyeshadows.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2011 5:18:00 PM More reviews by Pher1447

I love love this palette!! It is one of my favorite palettes. The colors are beautiful, pigmented, and creamy.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2011 12:58:00 AM More reviews by CarrieFever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my second UD palette and all I have to say is WOW! These deluxe shadows are a dream! So velvety, so soft, so smooth! The standouts IMO are Honey, Fishnet and Peace. Honey is number one because its gold but not a tacky gold, its so flattering and lovely swept across the eyelid, I feel so chic when I'm wearing it. The only shadow I haven't really used is Graffiti, not that its a bad color, I just haven't worn it in entirety. I LOVE this palette too much. All the colors are winners for me, which is a hard find in an eye palette.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2011 12:47:00 AM More reviews by xomacgirl401

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this palette everyday and I love it!! I actually use the neutrals everyday for my work, because in my work environment, the other colors would be a bit too "shocking" and non-compliant with the dress code. But they're super fun when it comes to going out on the weekends/after work ;] Either way, all I can say about this palette is that I love it and since I use it everyday I'd recommend it to anybody looking for a mix of fun shades and useful/neutral shades for everyday wear. Perfect weekend and weekday palette with a beautiful mix of shades that really compliment each other and leave you with limitless possibilities. They aren't prone to fallout (which I find some other UD shades are), and they're shimmery and draw attention to your eyes in a way that makes them stand out (in a good way). I use the neutrals for work everyday, and I get a lot of compliments on my eyes/eyeshadow. My all-time favorite palette by them!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2011 5:30:00 AM More reviews by fionamimi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous, pigmented colors. I love the colors they put into this palette. It's like my go-to palette when I want color.

This was actually one of my first palettes that I bought from Urban Decay.. I still have it and it's still got lots of life to it still.
It was a great investment! If you're thinking about it, go get it tiger!

I love the packaging as well. The purple, the silver....ahh I love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2011 7:19:00 AM More reviews by xandrabelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Fishnet is one of my favorite UD shades. I also use Ransom a lot from this palette. Unfortunately, those 2 shades are about all I use from this palette. In a way I find that a pity but I can't seem to get enough interest to use the other colors, especially the neutrals. They're just too... neutral.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2011 10:50:00 AM More reviews by candystripelegs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Honestly, this is the first Urban Decay product that I haven't been disappointed with and will buy again. And I have to agree with the reviwer below, Scratch is an HG color for me. The golden peach-pink colour really bring out my eyes (bllue & green with a hazel ring) and it's pigmented perfectly! I use all the colors which is very rare when I buy a palette so I would glad pay the $38 price tag.

In the 90's when I was a teen, as much I loved the look and packaging of UD, I could never use their eyeshadows because of the over-the-top shimmer and glitter that irratated my eyes. My shadow box was a gift, and I was beyond suprised by the smooth, creamy, blendable, non-glitter bomb eyeshadows!!!

The pacaking is ok, my box has held together well (had it for nearly a year now) but I don't like that the purple felt or velvet or whatver it is seems to collect every little piece of dust or fuzz. I deducted one lippie for the Honey shade, sorry but it is way to 70's disco gold on my NC20 skin and I have to use it very, very sparingly and blended with another shade. Would be a very good pigmented option for women of color though.

Looking at the website, I see they have a line of deluxe shadows that contians a few other colors not in the box so I will definitely try those. And they have mattes?!*swoon* WAY TO GO UD!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2011 11:28:00 AM More reviews by yurilyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my first Urban Decay's cosmetic, and now HG item for me.
Alll the colors come out so clear on the skin, stay vivid till night. I like all of them but Scratch is absolutely No.1! It is so natural and useful pink beige color that I bought the single version of this again. Fishnet, kind of unique purple color, is also my favorite. I sometimes use this one as cheek color as well as eyeshadow. This can be pretty pinkish purple blusher. Please try it on :)
It's really pity that Urban Decay has left from Japan.... Oh no.... Come back please!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2011 1:29:00 AM More reviews by bheidi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous colors, on the pan they look unwearable but give them a go and you'll be surprised :)