September 15, 2014 | 913 users online

Powder - Sephora - Matifying Powder Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2011 1:09:00 AM More reviews by christineneogoh

I'm using D20 for my NC25 skin and its a perfect match! I do not use this as a foundation as the coverage is just not there. If you're looking for more coverage, you would be better off with the Mineral version.

My first thought about this powder, why doesn't it come with a sponge? How am I supposed to apply it without a sponge!! Then I realized that it probably wouldn't work well with one. Anyway, I used this as a touch up / finishing powder which is good for mattifying your skin during mid day and using it with a big fluffy brush helps it to adhere to your skin.

The powder's texture isn't smooth like Lancome or Dior, but it covers and adheres pretty well. Lasts about 3hrs before the sebum starts to show but this is because I have very oily skin. So, if you have normal skin, this would probably work very well for you.

The only gripe I have about this is the smell. I hate it! It has a very old school powdery floral scent which is kind of a turn off for me. Other than that this is a pretty good buy. Retailing in Singapore at SGD23.00

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2011 4:55:00 PM More reviews by jskellis

I love the consistency and level of coverage (light to medium) and it mattifys decently, gives a really nice smooth finish, and lasts throughout my shift (even after blotting).

The only problem for me is that while the lightest shade it looked great under sephora's lights, I find that it is too dark and too yellow for my really pale and neutral skin so I think I'm going to pass this on to one of my more tanned friends.

If sephora comes out with a light, neural shade for their customers who are fair and not super yellow or super pink I will definitely get this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2011 7:11:00 AM More reviews by INOREDNET

I tried this after using Mac's Studio Fix, which gave me the worst break out ever. I've been using this product for about 4 months now and I've never had any problems. It feels really light and looks natural. It works very well, considering I don't need full coverage since I use it to cover small pores and to even out my skin. I use it over my primer + moisturizer. It does keep me matte for a while, but I still need to blot after a couple of hours.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2011 7:09:00 AM More reviews by awsmsauce

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

My first ever foundation, and I love it to bits! I'm a D30 (NC30 for MAC) and it matches my skin tone perfectly. I use this over my moisturizer and over a bit of liquid concealer (under my eyes) and I'm good to go! I do have dark spots and a few zits but this conceals them pretty well.

This doesn't break me out, and controls shine pretty well (I have oily, acne prone skin and I live in Singapore - where it's annoyingly humid and disgusting all the flipping time). Looks natural and not caked on - I would know because my bestie tells me when she knows that I have foundation on my face, but she's none the wiser ;) I recommended this to her and she got it too!

This isn't recommended for dry skin. Also, please don't use concealer OVER this, because it'll just look all clumpy and cakey and ugh.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2011 9:52:00 AM More reviews by juujuu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

The gal at Sephora talked me into trying the foundation. The coverage was decent and didn't look bad on but my face started breaking out w/cystic acne like never before. It was so bad I had to make a trip to the derm! It took over 2 weeks to clear up my face. If you are oily it does matte your face but also made me look more dry than anything. I will never use this again. I have tried many powder foundations from Chanel, Benefit, Mac, and Merle Norman. NEVER have I broke out like this. It was horrible!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2011 5:52:00 AM More reviews by Eshia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

i have this in D30 which matches my skin perfectly. I use it only after i have used my sunscreen, concealer. I love how it works as good as loose powder for it helps settles down my concealer from smudging or from sliding off. It really helps by keeping my face matte especially i come from a hot country. Weirdly it gives a slight angle glow on certain areas but its a good buy although i do wish the price would be much cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2011 10:24:00 PM More reviews by busyatdizzy

Actually my daughter was using this and she loved hers, So I bought one for my oil skin. its nice because its a buildable foundation that really does mattify the skin fairly well. The coverage is very good.

The only problem I have with it is that the packaging is horrible. The cover ( the mirrored top) of the compact separates from the actual product body. Apparently this is an ongoing problem with the product as there are many complaints about it on their website.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2011 7:48:00 PM More reviews by monparapluie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am an NC25 and D22 is a great color match for me. I use this powder over my bb cream, and I find that it does a pretty good job of giving me a matte look. I do have to blot and reapply after about 3 hours since I have oily skin and the color wears off on my nose. I also have MUFE's Duo Mat Powder, and for me, it controls oil for a longer period of time, but the Sephora one is a pretty good cheaper alternative. I've also tried Sephora's mineral version, and that definitely did not work out for me. Something in the mineral version made me look super shiny after an hour.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2011 9:35:00 PM More reviews by tubbyloves

This was my first powder foundation.
It really serves the mattying aspect, it keeps my face shine-free for most of the day
The coverage is not good enough for my blemish-prone skin...
In the future, I plan to use this as a setting powder/touch up powder
It is a little too yellow for me, but it blends rather well.
I like it but it's definitely not worth the money I paid.
$25 Canadian is too much for such an ok product
***It doesn't make me break out (I have sensitive, acne prone, combo-oily skin)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2011 2:35:00 PM More reviews by sarahhjosephinee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I do like this.. I've been using it for about a week and half.
It looks great once its on, and the coverage is decent, not full or anything but still good. It says on very well and I don't find I need to touch it up during the day. I like that it is matifying and stays that way throughout the day.. I get a little shine but not oily looking so I enjoy that.