August 31, 2014 | 1275 users online

Liquid - MAC - Face and Body Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 6:17:00 AM More reviews by Emilyy777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this foundation!

I have combination skin - oily in summer and dry in winter. Sensitive skin.
I don't suffer from a lot of breakouts.

MAC Face and Body is like a "your skin but better" foundation.
It gives a lovely dewy finish, doesn't settle in my pores or cake - I have quite large pores.

It is light coverage which is perfect for everyday/summer use. If I want a bit more coverage I apply a light layer of studio sculpt first with a damp sponge and then a light layer of face and body - great coverage and still no cakeyness.

I have freckles and normally I like to disguise them as much as possible. But the glow that this foundation gives is so amazing that I feel I don't need to cover my skin.
It has no scent and the packaging is super convenient and it feels great on the skin.

Best applied with your fingers.

I have heard that it does spoil quickly but I guess we'll see.
I have been told that keeping it in the fridge can help it last longer.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2014 3:47:00 AM More reviews by vanessa2009

Spoils really fast! I bought this for all over body usage, don't ask. I was just convinced I had to look perfect for my high school formal. I used this on a few occasions to school because I like to switch up my make up. C3 was a really good colour match for me; I use Strombolli for Nars Sheer Glow, 6.5 for Giorgio Armani and B30 for Chanel. It smells weird too, I hate the smell. Super sheer but with a stippling brush, you're good to go!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2014 11:00:00 AM More reviews by Cakebaked

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Recently changed to this foundation to try lighter coverage for summer months. Changed from Laura mercier silk creme. After being told numerous times by friends I would not like face and body as it's too light I decided to give this a go. It's rather tricky to apply and I have found that best way is with hands. I first tried with brush and got a patchy finish. I run a sweep of mac studio fix powder foundation over the top and absolutely love the combination. It does go shiny after a few hours but a bit of powder and all is fine. Lightweight feel on face makes a nice change from Laura mercier! Overall loving it and would recommend to anyone wanting to try a lighter finish for summer but with good coverage

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 10:15:00 PM More reviews by ibangal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently decided to change from Studio fix to this as studio fix lately start to make my skin look too yellow. My skin is in NC25 so the MUA recommend I use N1. Its the exact match to my skin. Now my skin look more natural. I do have some acne scars so i use face and body then just use concealer.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2014 6:24:00 PM More reviews by Asianlily

I have used this foundations for many years. It was my first (and only) foundation from MAC. I have been very lucky as I don't require a lot of coverage from my foundations. But the last bottle I bought (C3) oxidised to this horrible orange colour. It was so unnatural and made my face so dark compared to my neck that I had to buy a scarf to hide the difference! However, it's great to mix with heavier foundations (it does not seem to oxidise this way) to give a lighter dewier finish. After this bottle, I'm not sure if I'd bother to buy again - it does spoil quickly and really not worth the money if all I'm using it for is to mix with my regular foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2014 1:58:00 PM More reviews by nikkioh84

I wear C2 as my undertones are very yellow/olive, yet I am fair.

I love that the foundation is sheer yet buildable. It looks very natural and provides the skin with a lot of luminosity. I also feel this would be a great foundation to mix with others. Although I have yet to try this, I am one to enjoy mixing foundations to customize my colour and also the coverage that I'm looking for depending on the day and situation.

This foundation is also great value at the price point. I am so happy that I finally gave it a try as I had read so many glowing reviews and watched some great demos. It also photographs very well. I don't like my foundations to contain any SPF as I apply it separately (they never have a high enough SPF to be effective anyways).

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2014 2:25:00 PM More reviews by katayoun

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

One of my favorite foundations! I wear C1 or C2, depending on the time of year, and, sometimes, I mix the two.

PROS:
-The coverage ranges from light to medium; It is very easy to layer.
-Photographs VERY well.
-Inexpensive (for a foundation).
-Great packaging.
-Easy to blend.
-Dries quickly.

CONS:
-Not long wearing.
-The shades are either orange/pink, or yellow.
-Spoils quickly.

Overall, I like this foundation, especially in the summer, when I want a lighter coverage foundation. It works well with my combination, sensitive, skin. I will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2014 7:59:00 AM More reviews by Kiran2014

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Mac face and body foundation is the only foundation from mac i like.dewy finish,light coverage perfect for everyday wear and fantastic amount of product for your money.This foundation photographs beautifully as it does not contain an SPF,comes in plastic packaging which makes it perfect for travel and can be used all over the body (i use on legs for a night out). I sometimes apply this using the real techniques buffing brush but i find that using my hands works just as well! One bottle lasts about 6 months for me and i have repurchased twice and will continue to repurchase. If you are looking for something thats lightweight,medium coverage and natural looking i would suggest giving this a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2014 4:33:00 PM More reviews by BlueBabyDoe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

FINALLY! I think I have found my holy grail summer foundation.
Let me preface this review by saying I don't have problem skin for the most part. My skin gets mildly oily and I have a bit of redness around the center of my face. But I don't get a lot of blemishes, and when I do they're pretty small. I have some dryness around my nose but it's not very bad in summer.

This foundation is absolutely perfect for me right now. It evens out skin tone, it's slightly moisturizing without being greasy. And it lasts quite a long time, even through humid days. I like to use a luminous base under it sometimes (L'oreal Magic Lumi primer or Mac Strobe Cream) and it looks fabulous.

The color range is pretty forgiving. I'm NC42 in Mac Pro longwear and I got this in C5. I can get away with C4 in the winter. The finish is just so natural and beautiful! It doesn't accentuate any lines or flakes and bumps you may have. The consistency makes it quick to put on when you're in a hurry as well.

The price is kind of high at $27, but it's very worth it to me. I really wish I had gotten the 120ml because it's only about $8 more for more than twice the product. I will definitely repurchase in the future. This stuff has pretty much replaced my MUFE Face and Body which I loved. I still love it but it's now in second place. Sorry MUFE lol

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2014 2:39:00 PM More reviews by Rakhiv

This foundation may be great for someone with perfect skin (in which case, why would you want to cover it up with foundation?). However, this didn't work for me at all. I had all the classic problems mentioned in other reviews; it made my pores look larger, the finish was flakey at first, then it would get extremely oily (I have never seen it get this oily in my life... my dad was really offended by the way my skin looked when I wore it), then would finally oxidize and turn quite orange. You couldn't pay me enough to wear this foundation with my skin type. Oily/acne prone girls, beware!