April 19, 2014 | 1264 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - Curly Wurly

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2011 8:17:00 AM More reviews by kibo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is very moisturising and has given my hair no end of shine. It's a bit difficult to use; my method is to soften it with water between my hands and then rub it all over my hair, then I scrub as normal and rinse out. After that I apply conditioner and comb out the bits of coconut there and then, leave the conditioner on for the rest of the shower and rinse at the end. It does take a bit of time but I must say that I have experienced no breakage of hair, if anything my hair is stronger from this so don't worry about brushing when wet (as long as you have conditioner in). My hair doesn't tangle ever any more and it is sooooo shiny! A little on the pricey side for the amount you get though.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2011 4:50:00 PM More reviews by MeghAshley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm in love with this stuff. The first time I used it, I figured I would hate it because it is a bit tricky to deposit throughout your hair because of the pasty texture. Once I used it more and got used to the texture, I started realizing that it was making my hair so smooth and soft. I no longer had poofy, frizzy hair, after washing it. This has been a miracle worker for my hair! Love it. Recommend to those girls who have hard to handle hair (frizz, curls, tangles, poofyness, etc) This stuff also smells AMAZING. It can leave little bits of coconut in your hair but all I do is comb and shake my hair out a bit and it comes out. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2011 7:13:00 AM More reviews by Sarahahas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Curly Wurly kinda makes me want to eat my own hair. Seriously.

In terms of packaging, LUSH's iconical tub actually excels - this shampoo is incredibly thick and lumpy. Having said that, my hair loves this stuff and my curls are always really happy to get a slathering. I'd buy it again and don't mind rinsing my hair with a little apple cider vinegar (and water) every once in a while just because it's so well, lush that it sometimes creates build up in your hair.

As for the coconut bits, yes it's a bit of a bother but really having them in there helps to create those first bubbles of lather you need to get going. Conditioning definitely helps to smooth it all out so the bits come out better. But if I don't condition, which you might get away with for this product, I put a fine tooth comb in the shower and run it through to get rid of them.

One thing I found was that this shampoo lathers (and sort of just is) better in cooler temperatures (ie. non heat wave temperatures). Any temperature over around 30c and this shampoo gets a little sad - I'd pop it in the fridge like half an hour before using it.

Other than that, I do love the smell and love what it gives my often dry curls - soft and frizz free gorgeousness.

EDIT May/2011: My NEW favourite way to use this is to combine this with LUSH's BIG Shampoo. It makes my hair soft, moisturised and gorgeous in these colder months (I am an antipodean if you hadn't noticed). The way I use it is by grabbing a bit of both shampoos and mixing them in my hands with just enough water and working the mix little by little into really wet hair. Works like a dream.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/2/2010 12:50:00 PM More reviews by nicolejohnson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this as a sample at lush for my newly permed hair ... i found the smell to be AMAZING ( if you like fresh coconut smell). It doesn't lather at all so it's hard to actually wash your hair with it. Also the coconut pieces are kind of a pain to get out of your hair !!! I have thin hair and it's still a pain in the you know what. So after all that jazz i figured the results would be amazing and worth it .... WRONG !!! it did nothing ... i would even say it kind of dried out my hair and made it a bit stringy ... which is the opposite of what it claims to do. I am glad i got this as a sample and didn't buy the $22 tub of it. That's another thing that is a pain having to scoop it out with your fingers from a tub. All around i wouldn't ever buy this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2010 3:19:00 PM More reviews by natalie2612

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love love love this shampoo. Yes the bits of coconut are a bit weird, but I've got very curly hair, and I don't have any difficulty washing them out. It makes my hair soft, shiny and bouncy, and it smells absolutely fab.

If you've got curly hair and struggle with it, give this shampoo a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2010 8:11:00 PM More reviews by prettykitty1423

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Best. Shampoo. Ever.
Okay, so, this smells sooooo delish, like a really nice coconut.
It has nice little chunks that makes it feel like you're massaging your head every time you wash your hair.
Also, it brings my curls out of hiding, leaving my hair, soft, shiny, and curly!
I use it with Coolaulin, and my hair has never looked better.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2010 12:08:00 AM More reviews by GabyWill

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Although I love the smell of this product, I just hate that fact that you have to be careful with the coconut junks that stay in your hair. I have really curly hair and it would take me forever to remove all the coconut chucks out of it. I don't think I would but this product again, I rather just keep using the solid shampoos

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2010 10:59:00 PM More reviews by LUSH3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

woho(:
in love with this ! because it contains real coconut, it smells divine. not that fake coconut smell you get from artificial frangrances in other products. USE THIS TO GROW YOUR HAIR!! massage it into your roots and it nicely exfoliates your scalp with the coconut pieces, which stimulates blood flow and promotes hair growth. regular massage of the head with coconut oil ensures that your scalp is free of dandruff and lice too. coconut makes ur hair stronger, and hair grows when its strong ... its one of the best natrual nutrition for hair. this stuff cleans your hair, moisurisers without coating the hair in silicon and helps grow hair?! yes please =] use in conjuction with LUSH's Coolaulin conditioner for maximum results !!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2010 8:26:00 PM More reviews by cmccan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

LOVE!!!! i have triple F hair. frizzy, fuzzy, and fluffy, that feels like wire. i have been using this with biolage conditioning balm and frizz ease serum and the results are AMAZING. people keep commenting that my hair looks longer (b/c it's not kinked up and frizzy), and my husband AND my hairdresser asked what i had changed, b/c my hair texture is so much softer. even though this shampoo is on the unconventional side, i would highly recommend!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2010 9:21:00 PM More reviews by Orientexpress

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I was reluctant to try this. the SA steered me away from CW When first trying Lush shampoos; she said it would most likely weigh down my slightly dry and fine curls. I have been a slave to BIG ever since. However, my hair has been particularly dry and frizzy this summer. I tried richer conditioners and not washing as often. Both of those attempts at retaining moisture left my hair lank. I decided to try a sample of kinky curly after all. I was fully prepared to hate it because of the negative reviews here. I used it without conditioner and let my hair dry naturally. Yay!! Soft, defined curls with no heavy look or feel. I can attest to the cleaning power of this shampoo despite it's low lather. I was three days into dirty hair, post-workout and my scalp felt clean after use. The trick is to emulsify this produc on your fingertips (a little dab will do ya), and scrub the scalp with your fingertips. I can feel the coconut pieces in my hair when I get out of the shower, but there's no trace of them once my hair is dry and styled. I love this. I will continue to use BIG and alternate with curly whirly when I need a moisture boost. It's worth the price for good hair days. On a side note, I've also been using a sample of the r and b hair treatment and I am loving it too, but I couldn't find a way to review it. So here goes:
the key to making this product work is using it sparingly until you figure out how much your hair will absorb. I've been using it as a finishing cream to keep the ends of aforementioned curls moisturized and for eliminating frizz. The texture of the product is literally like butter and could certainly be too heavy for those with normal to oily locks. Start by warming a tiny dab between palms and appling to ends then moving up the shaft if you need it. This application method leaves my curls softly defined, barely piecey and frizz free even in in the humid summer of swampland USA. The smell is HEAVEN. The BEST lush fragrance IMO. I could slather this all over my body. It's floral, fruity, and softly musky. Like rub rub rub or seanik with sex appeal. Fine haired femmes should not fear this. Moderation is key.