September 22, 2014 | 2099 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - Curly Wurly

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2011 2:57:00 AM More reviews by Paulabm77

I love this sampoo! Feels great! Smells heavenly and CLEANS! I wish it were a bit cheaper though. Love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2011 12:18:00 AM More reviews by BubbleTeaGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

"Great concept, but terrible execution" is how I would describe this product. It smells great (hence the 1 lippie), but after I wash my hair, there was such much coconut residue left in my hair that it looked like I had dandruff! I tried to comb it off, but they just won't come off. I washed my hair with a clarifying shampoo the next day, still didn't come off completely. I had to wash my hair again the day after (again with a clarifying shampoo) to finally wash it all off. By the time it came all out, it clogged the drain in my tub. A nightmare shampoo, that's all this is.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2011 2:37:00 PM More reviews by lizzychu

Oh, how I love this shampoo. I think it may have reached holy grail status for me. It's very different from other shampoos most people are used to using, so it does take a bit to get used to. It's very thick, it's actually a solid in the tub it comes in, and it's loaded with shreds of coconut. You scoop out a bit (surprisingly a little goes a long way for me), emulsify it up a bit between your fingers or under the warm water for a second, then you really have to work it into your roots/hair as it is a low lather shampoo. The low lather is from it being very low SLS and silicone free, so you aren't going to get the bubbles and that slip that you get with normal shampoos and conditioner. So, it's odd to use at first , but if you can get over feeling like you are washing your hair with food you just may love it. It's smells SO delicious (like coconut obviously) and really helps moisturize my hair. It even seems to help my frizz. It is a bit pricey, but the tub that you get will really last a long time. I haven't had problems with getting the coconut bits out of my hair, but then my hair isn't super coarse or thick. I would think they would come out after you combed out your conditioner any way. If you are unsure about the product, I highly recommend getting a sample from your Lush store or with a purchase online, the sales associates are usually very generous with samples if you are nice to them :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2011 8:17:00 AM More reviews by kibo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is very moisturising and has given my hair no end of shine. It's a bit difficult to use; my method is to soften it with water between my hands and then rub it all over my hair, then I scrub as normal and rinse out. After that I apply conditioner and comb out the bits of coconut there and then, leave the conditioner on for the rest of the shower and rinse at the end. It does take a bit of time but I must say that I have experienced no breakage of hair, if anything my hair is stronger from this so don't worry about brushing when wet (as long as you have conditioner in). My hair doesn't tangle ever any more and it is sooooo shiny! A little on the pricey side for the amount you get though.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2011 4:50:00 PM More reviews by MeghAshley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm in love with this stuff. The first time I used it, I figured I would hate it because it is a bit tricky to deposit throughout your hair because of the pasty texture. Once I used it more and got used to the texture, I started realizing that it was making my hair so smooth and soft. I no longer had poofy, frizzy hair, after washing it. This has been a miracle worker for my hair! Love it. Recommend to those girls who have hard to handle hair (frizz, curls, tangles, poofyness, etc) This stuff also smells AMAZING. It can leave little bits of coconut in your hair but all I do is comb and shake my hair out a bit and it comes out. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2011 7:13:00 AM More reviews by Sarahahas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Curly Wurly kinda makes me want to eat my own hair. Seriously.

In terms of packaging, LUSH's iconical tub actually excels - this shampoo is incredibly thick and lumpy. Having said that, my hair loves this stuff and my curls are always really happy to get a slathering. I'd buy it again and don't mind rinsing my hair with a little apple cider vinegar (and water) every once in a while just because it's so well, lush that it sometimes creates build up in your hair.

As for the coconut bits, yes it's a bit of a bother but really having them in there helps to create those first bubbles of lather you need to get going. Conditioning definitely helps to smooth it all out so the bits come out better. But if I don't condition, which you might get away with for this product, I put a fine tooth comb in the shower and run it through to get rid of them.

One thing I found was that this shampoo lathers (and sort of just is) better in cooler temperatures (ie. non heat wave temperatures). Any temperature over around 30c and this shampoo gets a little sad - I'd pop it in the fridge like half an hour before using it.

Other than that, I do love the smell and love what it gives my often dry curls - soft and frizz free gorgeousness.

EDIT May/2011: My NEW favourite way to use this is to combine this with LUSH's BIG Shampoo. It makes my hair soft, moisturised and gorgeous in these colder months (I am an antipodean if you hadn't noticed). The way I use it is by grabbing a bit of both shampoos and mixing them in my hands with just enough water and working the mix little by little into really wet hair. Works like a dream.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/2/2010 12:50:00 PM More reviews by nicolejohnson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this as a sample at lush for my newly permed hair ... i found the smell to be AMAZING ( if you like fresh coconut smell). It doesn't lather at all so it's hard to actually wash your hair with it. Also the coconut pieces are kind of a pain to get out of your hair !!! I have thin hair and it's still a pain in the you know what. So after all that jazz i figured the results would be amazing and worth it .... WRONG !!! it did nothing ... i would even say it kind of dried out my hair and made it a bit stringy ... which is the opposite of what it claims to do. I am glad i got this as a sample and didn't buy the $22 tub of it. That's another thing that is a pain having to scoop it out with your fingers from a tub. All around i wouldn't ever buy this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2010 3:19:00 PM More reviews by natalie2612

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love love love this shampoo. Yes the bits of coconut are a bit weird, but I've got very curly hair, and I don't have any difficulty washing them out. It makes my hair soft, shiny and bouncy, and it smells absolutely fab.

If you've got curly hair and struggle with it, give this shampoo a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2010 8:11:00 PM More reviews by prettykitty1423

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Best. Shampoo. Ever.
Okay, so, this smells sooooo delish, like a really nice coconut.
It has nice little chunks that makes it feel like you're massaging your head every time you wash your hair.
Also, it brings my curls out of hiding, leaving my hair, soft, shiny, and curly!
I use it with Coolaulin, and my hair has never looked better.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2010 12:08:00 AM More reviews by GabyWill

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Although I love the smell of this product, I just hate that fact that you have to be careful with the coconut junks that stay in your hair. I have really curly hair and it would take me forever to remove all the coconut chucks out of it. I don't think I would but this product again, I rather just keep using the solid shampoos