July 30, 2014 | 1637 users online

Treatments (Face) - La Roche Posay - Cicaplast

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2011 3:42:00 PM More reviews by kimannj

I purchased this product after reading the reviews on this site - for years I have had very dry lips that crack and peel, and I have used everything under the sun to try and keep them hydrated and smooth to no avail. I don't know why this happens, but it does. Every now and then I end up with what are possibly cold sores, but also non healing sores on my lips that take ages to disappear. I find these make me incredibly self conscious and trying to conceal them just makes it worse. I wanted to find something that would speed up the healing process and reduce the scar tissue that I always get afterwards (leading to more dry and flaky skin).

This product really did speed up the healing process for me, however this can be a long process anyway as sometimes the skin on my lips cracks and then needs to re-heal. But it was noticeably faster, and as the skin was healing it was in much better condition and less scar tissue was evident. My lips were still covered in sores only 4 days ago and are now healed and smooth all over, not dry or peeling either. I think this was a brilliant buy and I would definitely purchase it again and am looking forward to having it on hand 'just in case'. Despite being hesitant about the price given the size of the product, you only need to use the smallest amount so this will last for ages. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2011 6:24:00 AM More reviews by mariyelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really enjoy this product as a makeup primer; it's softens, conditions, and evens out texture, all while providing a nice dewy finish. It does a great job preventing my foundation/tm from catching on flaky skin as well. I also enjoy that it's a nourishing to one's skin as well! Will definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2011 4:04:00 AM More reviews by bebe_girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

the first day i tried this product, i woke up the next morning and got no tightness around my mouth area. that's a first in a very, very long time. wow! i guess this stuff really works. and today i've tried it as a primer underneath my foundation, it works great as that, too. dewy, non-flaky skin for hours. yay! i'm so loving this stuff right now!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2011 8:29:00 AM More reviews by karowtjah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product after I had surgery which caused a scar on my forehead. My doctor prescribed this product to reduce the scar and to let it heal better. I have been using this product religiously every night and after about 10 months my scar has completeley disappeared ! It was a small red line (I had stiches) and the redness cleared after a couple of weeks and it is now invisible.
It has a gel-like consistency that feels almost velvety when it sinks into your skin.
A little goes a long way, after 10 months I still have a lot of product left. It comes in tube and is very easy to dose.
After reading the reviews about using it as a primer, I will definitely try it out.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2011 10:59:00 PM More reviews by Casandra88

Acording to the La roche-posay web page:

"Cicaplast accelerates reconstruction of the skin barrier thanks to a formula that combines:
-A copper/zinc/manganese mineral complex to stimulate the production of new cells, madecassoside to encourage proper cell organisation and procure fast, high-quality epidermal repair, insulating texture is enriched in anti-bacterial agents to protect the skin.
-Invisible and non sticky, with easy spreading.
-This soothing, moisturizing treatment relieves itchiness and tight sensations.

-Paraben-free formula.”

I do not have any scars (like real bad accident scars) to test this product but I do have the common pimple scars we all girls have (self-inflicted! I can spend hours in front of the mirror making my pimples a lot worse than they were in the first place, ¬¬ !). Just so you know… I have kind of a combination skin so in some areas my skin tends to be dry and in other it can get so oily!! I HATE IT!! because I can’t treat my face skin evenly and most of the times (because I’m mixing different stuff) I get the sensation that my skin doesn’t feel uniformly nourished and healthy.
This been said… I MUST let you know how incredibly surprised I was when I first applied this product!! (on washed and dry face). I instantly felt and saw my skin literately absorb the product like a sponge and the sensation of my skin after applying it was so velvet-like, soft and nourished. I have been using this for a couple of days and my skin seem to be improving as the days pass by, I think this is going to be my 911 skin restoration treatment when I find myself with some skin trouble (dryness, acne scars, irritated skin, sun burns, any kind of scars, etc. this product isn’t oily but maybe if you have oily skin it may not drive you as crazy as it drove me, lol.) I don’t think it is a 100% necessary to use EVERYDAY after your skin has been “restored” BUT if you have skin like mine (which I’ll guess the majority of the girls do, I mean…due to all the hormone changes our skin can be pretty temperamental, lol) I think I’m going to be reaching for this product numerous times every month, it’s definitely a keeper in my book! And I would recommend it openly to any gal in need of help ;) or just looking for a great way of pampering and nurturing her skin <3

OH! I almost forgot…everyone is saying how a great “primer” it is…I must say it’s pretty good…not great or wonderful (but lets be real for a second and remember it’s not supposed to be one) and over all it does keep it’s word and it’s helping my skin restoration… without doubt consider it.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2011 7:30:00 AM More reviews by dvdfjojo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this product, it goes on like a primer and is supposed to be used post chemical-peels as it has healing qualities.

I've used it after getting the flakes from using ahas and retin-a and it does seem to heal me up faster, as well as feeling lovely on my face.

As the ingredients are similar to primers, it's easy to use in place of moisturiser/primer so that the healing can continue under your makeup.

I paid £13 for it here in the UK but it's available in fewer and fewer places so i think they may have discontinued it. It's not even on the La Roche Posay website any more so if you do like it, stock up while you can.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2011 7:18:00 AM More reviews by gracejones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A dermatologist recommended this product to me for scabs, scars and cuts and she was right about it!

This is a good product for healing scabs and scars. Especially scabs as it moisturizes and lessens scaring. I always thought the best way to heal a scab was to dry it out but actually it is best for it to heal moist as otherwise you get left with a nasty red scar.

I know from years of experience. I dont have bad skin but occasionally I suffer from awful blisters on my face related to nerve problems I have in my temple and face, when these blisters erupt they leave nasty scabs which often lead to scars lasting several months. I always used to dry them out but find cicaplast heals them better by providing protection and moisture.

This product also helps with scar healing although, application of fresh aloe vera and aspirin masks are best for reducing redness.

This is also useful as a lip balm for chapped lips.

I tried using this as a primer and have reduced one star as I did not like it as a primer, although this product is not sold as a primer anyway. However I have sensitive skin and this broke me out. I would therefore not recommend it as a primer unless your skin supports lots of silicones as this cream is full of them.

I like the packaging, easy to get a small amount of product appropriate for scab/scar size and also it is hygienic.

Overall a good product, good at doing what it is supposed to do, ie heal rough, calloused, scabby, scarred skin but not good as a primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2011 6:09:00 AM More reviews by jikla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

amazing hg product.it really helps to calm down eczema and heal the skin from those nasty flakes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2011 5:30:00 PM More reviews by nesslee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

it does not include mineral oil and it is not comedogenic (as contrary to its competitor avene's cicalfate) but includes parabens unfortunately, to me its not ok for the daily use. it looks very greasy when first applied, but it is just a gelly texture and does not cause more sebum or acne. i bought cicaplast because i also wanted to try it as a primer after i watched a makeup tutorial video from lisa eldridge. i think the texture is too slippery to be a primer. according to me, its healing results for wounds or acne are also exaggerated. i use it sometimes on my face as after sun care or as a night cream or under my eyes. btw, it is only shortly effective for dry lips. UPDATE: do not use it under your eyes because it stings

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Murchi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

have to admit, this product was not my choice to buy! My husband like it and insist me to take it, i was against , could not understand clear where i can use it:) Later, at home, i was holding the tube in my hands with ironic smile...And decided to read about it in Internet, was surprised with so good reviews! Still didnt believe, but decided to try. I wash my face, apply it on dry skin as a primer - i loved it the same second!!!!! I always use foundation, powder, blush, and my skin getting oily ans shiny in some zones (if it is summer, in all face:)), but Cicaplast stoped that! I use it 2nd day, and cant believe my eyes! And one more thing.already in first day using which = 1 application before make up, i didnt find one black spot which was so deep and i never could get rid of it! Bravo, Cicaplast!!!!!!!!! Since now and on, it is my must have!!