La Roche Posay Cicaplast

3.8

AQUA / WATER GLYCERIN CYCLOPENTASILOXANE CYCLOHEXASILOXANE DIMETHICONE C30-45 ALKYL DIMETHICONE SODIUM CITRATE PEG/PPG-18/18 DIMETHICONE PANTHENOL ZINC GLUCONATE MADECASSOSIDE DIMETHICONOL MANGANESE GLUCONATE SODIUM HYALURONATE DISODIUM EDTA COPPER GLUCONATE CITRIC ACID POLYSORBATE 20 SODIUM BENZOATE

on 3/16/2012 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use this a primer on dry, flaky spots if I have them from acne medication. It helps makeup go on smoother, and is less scary than most commercial primers.

I don't use this as proper skincare cos I'm quite sensitive to silicones but this has not broken me out.

It tastes weird when you put it on the lips, so I don't use it for that.

Not the best, but not bad either.

on 3/5/2012 9:01:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

Update: sadly this product began to make my skin itch quite badly wherever I applied it. Such a shame as it seemed so good.

-----

A fantastic treatment for irritated skin! It almost immediately calms my skin.

This product has been slightly reformulated at some point in the past couple of years and the ingredients that were listed on MUA were incorrect (updated now).

New ingredients:

SODIUM BENZOATE

on 2/14/2012 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I use this only on chapped skin especially after having a cold. It usually clears it up almost overnight.
However I have tried using it on my lips and it really hasnt improved the condition of the skin.

Edit: This is also really great on razor burn or irritated skin. It works really well on small dry skin patches. A good product to have on hand.

on 2/9/2012 12:11:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I'm just going to keep this review short and sweet so I don't ramble on about how much I hate a product. So, this product reads specifically on the label 'irritated, stressed or post-procedure skin'. I used a small amount of this product on some irritated skin on my face and it was fine right after I applied it, but a few minutes later that patch of skin started to get a super intense burning sensation- and this is meant to soothe skin! Immediately I took a wet cloth and wiped it off of my face. I could not believe that this product was burning my face it was just so disappointing and annoying and painful. Take what you will from my experience with this product, but if you'd still like to try it, consider yourself warned.

on 2/4/2012 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I absolutely love this product. I have acne-prone combination skin for which I use Duac Once Daily gel at night. Although I moisturise morning and night (using Liz Earle products) I am still left with dry skin patches on my cheeks and chin from the Duac, particularly around some of the larger cystic spots. My foundation usually clings to these areas making it impossible to conceal them. After seeing Lisa Eldridge use this as a primer in her acne-covering makeup tutorial, I picked some up at a local chemist for 13. I have used it over my morning moisturiser for the past two mornings and it really does provide a fantastic base for foundation, smoothing over all of those dry patches so that my foundation is a lot easier to apply and provides a more even coverage. I wouldn't say that it provides any oil control, but it doesn't claim to. For the price, I would say that it is a fantastic product for priming dry patches of skin before foundation and I will definitely be repurchasing (although this tube should last me a good few months as very little is required).

on 1/23/2012 4:42:00 PM

I saw this used by Lisa Eldridge in her acne concealing tutorial and she said it made a good make up primer for combination skin.
I wholeheartedly agree, this beats Laura Gellar's Spackle or any other primer product I've used hands down.
It keeps the flaky patchy dry bits smooth and doesn't over moisturise the oilier bits. Liquid foundation goes on perfecty when applied with a damp sponge to blend it out.
Have already re-purchased this little gem, only 12 in pharmacies but bafflingly priced at nearly 18 in Boots.

on 8/28/2011 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this after reading reviews online. 1 site even claimed it acted well as a makeup base. My skin was not in good shape, didn't look good, dry but breaking out because I was using too many products and kept thinking I had to use harsh products to "kill" my acne. Wrong! I switched to a milder soap and tried the Cicaplast. 1st application was fine, 2nd application my face became beet red for 15-20 minutes. I didn't understand what was happening until a friend of mine said that when her skin is very dry, any cream she puts on it burns. OHH.....lightbulb! With continued use, the less my skin was red and the better, smoother it looked. I love applying it over any acne I might have since it helps my "concealer" (cover fx cream foundation) smoothly cover the acne better than using nothing at all, and seems to create a nice barrier between my skin and my makeup. So it heals the skin and help makeup application over skin imperfections.
I gave a small sample container to someone I know who has eczema and she loved it so much she went out to buy a tube for herself.

on 8/26/2011 3:42:00 PM

I purchased this product after reading the reviews on this site - for years I have had very dry lips that crack and peel, and I have used everything under the sun to try and keep them hydrated and smooth to no avail. I don't know why this happens, but it does. Every now and then I end up with what are possibly cold sores, but also non healing sores on my lips that take ages to disappear. I find these make me incredibly self conscious and trying to conceal them just makes it worse. I wanted to find something that would speed up the healing process and reduce the scar tissue that I always get afterwards (leading to more dry and flaky skin).

This product really did speed up the healing process for me, however this can be a long process anyway as sometimes the skin on my lips cracks and then needs to re-heal. But it was noticeably faster, and as the skin was healing it was in much better condition and less scar tissue was evident. My lips were still covered in sores only 4 days ago and are now healed and smooth all over, not dry or peeling either. I think this was a brilliant buy and I would definitely purchase it again and am looking forward to having it on hand 'just in case'. Despite being hesitant about the price given the size of the product, you only need to use the smallest amount so this will last for ages. Highly recommended.

on 8/23/2011 6:24:00 AM

I really enjoy this product as a makeup primer; it's softens, conditions, and evens out texture, all while providing a nice dewy finish. It does a great job preventing my foundation/tm from catching on flaky skin as well. I also enjoy that it's a nourishing to one's skin as well! Will definitely repurchase!

on 7/30/2011 4:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

the first day i tried this product, i woke up the next morning and got no tightness around my mouth area. that's a first in a very, very long time. wow! i guess this stuff really works. and today i've tried it as a primer underneath my foundation, it works great as that, too. dewy, non-flaky skin for hours. yay! i'm so loving this stuff right now!

Popular Treatments (Face)