MAC Matte2 - Blanc Type

4.7

on 12/18/2012 8:08:00 AM

Blanc Type. Neutral matte pale color.
My favorite highligt for under brow. Gorgeous subtle soft color.

on 11/9/2012 1:13:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is, hands down, my favorite matte light beige/eggshell eyeshadow. I have deep set eyes that are very pronounced. I have to wear a bright shade on my lids, or I look like a zombie/vampire/crypt keeper. I have tried this shade in pretty much every brand you could name:
Edward Bess Nude
Burberry Trench
Trish McEvoy Shell, Champagne, Soft Peach, Demure
Mac Brule, Vanilla, Shroom, Bisque, Orb
Urban Decay Virgin, ABC gum, Walk of Shame, Foxy, Kinky & Freestyle (from smoked palette)
NARS All About Eve (my preference is the less shimmery side), NARS Night Star, NARS Abyssinia
Laura Mercier Stellar
any and all pale beiges from Inglot
Illamasqua neutral quad
Too Faced (insert adjective here "smokey, romantic, neutral etc.") palette
Stila Chinois, Dune, Eden
Pale shade from the Lorac pro palette

I realize some of the shades I mentioned above are satins or have low level shimmer, and some are peachier than Blanc Type. I am comparing opacity and length of wear - Blanc Type is superior in all aspects, and try as I might, I can not find anything that tops it.

If you must own one MAC shadow, this is it.

P.S. Why have I tried this shade in every other brand? I despise traveling with MAC eyeshadows, and I travel often. The new 4 pans are very bulky and take up too much room to merit bringing with me. I literally have blanc type and mystery or brun in an old NARS duo eyeshadow compact that I travel with. So please believe I am trying to find a replacement :)

on 11/1/2012 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I absolutely love this eye shadow! I am extremely fair skinned so many base colour eye shadows can look too dark on me. This is the perfect lid colour to even out my skin tone and create a neutral canvas or to soften and blend any harsh lines when doing an every day neutral eye look. At the moment i have been pairing this with naked lunch and Sable to create a pretty eye with espresso as liner. The texture is so soft and buttery and it does not look at all chalky on the lid. Love it and will definitely be repurchasing.

on 10/23/2012 1:07:00 PM

It can be difficult deciding which MAC highlighters are the best because there are so many of them. Blanc Type is SUPER pigmented, and it covers any skin flaws you may have and blends well. I think it may be too pigmented, which sounds crazy, I know... I just think it is a bit too powdery and appears to white on my NC25 skin. I have recently made a "Guide to MAC Highlight Eyeshadows" if you would like to check it out!

on 8/30/2012 9:22:00 AM

Blanc Type is hands down my favorite MAC eyeshadow. I'm on my 3rd pot of it and will soon need to purchase my fourth. I range from NC25-35 depending on the season and when I'm on the lighter side of that range this is my HG browbone highlighter. It's still flattering when I'm darker as well, it just seems to be perfect at NC25. I'm often a one eyeshadow/wash person so this is great for those days and also on days when I use 2 or 3 shadows (to use on the browbone). This and Copperplate paired together is my favorite MAC eyeshadow combination, so simple yet beautiful.

Blanc Type is a creamy matte ivory and the texture of this MAC shadow is one of their best IMO. Creamy matte ivory doesn't sound like anything special but on the eye it's another story. I have other highlighting shades from MAC that I really like (Jest, Ricepaper) but the color and texture of this one beats the others out every time. This is a staple and if you're a fan of MAC eyeshadows it's a must have. It's been a while since I purchased but IIRC MAC shadows retail for around $15 for pots, $10.50 for propans.

I find myself reaching for this shadow every day now. Its the perfect creamy-white inner corner, and browbone highlight! Its very pigmented and blends like a dream! I'm definitely repurchasing! :)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This is my holy grail matte highlighter. For anyone with pale skin, this is a truly must-have eyeshadow. The texture is extremely smooth and pigmented and the color isn't too yellow or pink toned. If you have tan/dark skin, this color might look awkward with your skin tone (try orb, vanilla, etc.). But for anyone who is pale, this is a perfect everyday color, or something that can make a colorful shimmery look seem more wearable. My everyday matte neutral eye consists of Blanc Type, Samoa Silk, Saddle and Espresso. If I'm not using a shimmery highlighter or a white highlighter, it's always Blanc Type!

on 5/18/2012 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I do believe this is my favorite MAC powder shadow ever. It's not that the shade is particularly unique but it's the texture that makes it a standout. I'm NC15 and at 42 unfortunately am always looking for something to cover some redness on my eyelids. I apply this over soft ochre paint pot (which is a touch too yellow on it's own) all over my eyelids for my everyday look. I usaually then add something similiar to MAC Kid in the crease for a little extra definition. It makes me look like I've actually slept 8 hours, which in reality never happens anymore. It doesn't scream "I'm wearing eyeshadow" which I love. I've owned many other pale beige skintone shadows (WnW brulee, MAC vanilla, NARS edie, BB bone both cream and shadow) and I like this best because of the smooth texture. It doesn't highlight any crepiness.

on 4/19/2012 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I love applying this to my brow bone when I want a matte highlight. I find matte shadows look more natural. It is a very versatile color that goes with everything. It is also buildable and blendable. I think every fan of Mac should own this shadow.

on 4/9/2012 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Although it's an exceptional quality product, doesn't do much for me. Since I'm very fair looks like there's practically nothing on my lids- it totally disappears. No highlighting effect either, nothing. I mostly use blank type with blacktrack, mascara and red lips or to correct any eyeshadow mistakes like harsh corners. And it works really well for that purpose. That's why I'll buy again although it's nothing breathtaking for me.

Edit: I think I have to apologize by adding two lipsticks!
It still doesn't look like much alone on the lid, but recently I visited a friend and she offered to do my eye makeup just for fun. She used really sparkly eyeshadows all over the place (lid, crease, eyeliner, lower lashline, brow bone area etc)- she doesn't own any matte highlighters- and it was all sooo out of balance..!
I really missed Blank Type then, it can save you from looking like a glitter bomb anytime! Must have from now on.

PS At last I went out with all the glitter on my eyes, I thought it's not that bad to commit such a crime once in your lifetime, right..?

(Well, it was her birthday and I didn't want to say that it was a mess for my taste... Sigh... At least we had fun!)

Top Rated MAC Products